Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery not working?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Hey,

I tried uploading a new lot to the gallery but when I do it'll just keep uploading & all I can do is restart the game. Everything else works fine though. Is anyone else having issues with the gallery atm?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    There has been another simmer posting that they are having gallery uploading issues also. There may be server or maintenance issues.
    It would be best to try uploading later on in the day
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    There has been another simmer posting that they are having gallery uploading issues also. There may be server or maintenance issues.
    It would be best to try uploading later on in the day

Okay =) Glad I'm not the only one, I'm sure it'll get fixed soon.
  • Options
    Just FYI, seems to be working again here =)
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I am having the same issue, you try to upload and the timer just keeps spinning round and around, the only option out is to hit alt/ctrl/delete to quit the sims 4 program completely.
  • Options
    brenleedee wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, you try to upload and the timer just keeps spinning round and around, the only option out is to hit alt/ctrl/delete to quit the sims 4 program completely.

Yes indeed. It worked fine for a bit but I had the feeling it was acting up again when I was about to quit the game. Hope it's solved soon if you're still having issues :/
  • Options
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > brenleedee wrote: »
    >
    > I am having the same issue, you try to upload and the timer just keeps spinning round and around, the only option out is to hit alt/ctrl/delete to quit the sims 4 program completely.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes indeed. It worked fine for a bit but I had the feeling it was acting up again when I was about to quit the game. Hope it's solved soon if you're still having issues :/

What's funny is the queue is all out of order for lots, for example let's say someone with 73 downloads would be ahead of someone with 173 downloads for example. In my catalog the lots are not in queue either by newest etc, seems like some are missing...wonder if it is just mine lol! I do know I was having the same problem as you were, although my last upload did post.
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited February 2018
    The Gallery has been working bad since the last repair but now it has broken when 4 houses has been chosen by Maxis simultaneous .
    Houses normally move up slowly, a few pieces at a time at the most. Houses selected by Maxis hurl through the Gallery like a hurricane and you have to wait long for this part of the Gallery that they went through to start showing themselves.
    Four such "hurricanes" demolished Gallery last Friday .
    Today, the Gallery is damaged to such an extent that most the works are "sunk" and can not be seen. Few lucky people whose work remained on the surface and are visible won the lottery and collect hundreds of downloads. That by the way also one Maxis sank is already an irony of fate.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited February 2018
    kreatora wrote: »
    The Gallery has been working bad since the last repair but now it has broken when 4 houses has been chosen by Maxis simultaneous .
    Today, the Gallery is damaged to such an extent that most the works are "sunk" and can not be seen. Few lucky people whose work remained on the surface and are visible won the lottery and collect hundreds of downloads. That by the way also one Maxis sank is already an irony of fate.

Time to take a break from uploading to the gallery until the "Popular Now" tab gets fixed, methinks.

Also dl counts seem to be broken in general right now.

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Ah this sucks though :/ Gallery seems to be working fine again for me, but if that's the issue, they should really find a way around it soon, cause it's kind of annoying.
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Is it just me or is the gallery still really slow? I takes a lot of time to load a new screen. My internet is working properly, I checked this. Also repaired the game, etc. Do more people have this issue?
  • Options
    Is it just me or is the gallery still really slow? I takes a lot of time to load a new screen. My internet is working properly, I checked this. Also repaired the game, etc. Do more people have this issue?

Hello @karmanikita
    Try switching to windowed mode and see if that may help the loading time.
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    The gallery is giving me issues too. For some reason, the only trending hashtag that's showing up for me is #parenthood. My older creations are still getting downloads, even ones that don't use that hashtag. Hopefully this will get fixed once people are back in the office tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm not going to bother uploading anything since the last time the gallery stopped working correctly, things that had been uploaded during the time that it was broken got buried once it was fixed again.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    The gallery seems to be a mess still, nothing in order, it even takes a while to load your own houses. I had one house that had been uploaded to my library 3 times, just a mess! Wonder if/when they will do something to resolve this issue?
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    The gallery is messed up. You don't need to do anything to your computer. It's their fault.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I was wondering why I was getting some phantom dl counts when they didn't notify me for them like it usually did...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    The gallery seems to be a mess still, nothing in order, it even takes a while to load your own houses. I had one house that had been uploaded to my library 3 times, just a mess! Wonder if/when they will do something to resolve this issue?

I had this too! I have a lot that's uploaded twice with two different download counts xD Still acting up for others too then?
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I had this too! I have a lot that's uploaded twice with two different download counts xD Still acting up for others too then?

Hello
    Simmers are continuing to have gallery issues. I am sorry that you are having issues with the uploading of your homes multiple times.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    The gallery isn't loading
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    The gallery isn't loading

They've unplugged it. Don't bother trying to get online.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yeah I got a notice in-game that the gallery was going down for maintenance.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Sort by "Popular Now" function is still not functioning normally. The same issue persists for the in-game gallery, the web version, and web version via mobile device.

Moreover, uploaded lots disappear when sorted by "Most Popular".
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Is this problem ever going to be resolved? Many many people use the gallery, you'd think this could be a priority to fix it..but maybe not.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I'm still having issues with the gallery. It works when it wants to :(
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Yeah it was still messing up for me as well. Earlier today it would no longer allow me to see all of a user's builds on their gallery profile, their shares just wouldn't load.