Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada Hype Thread [image heavy!]

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thursday's LS will be fun to watch. I'm very excited to see the jungle in game. I want to explore the little village too. I wonder who that is a statue of and why was it erected.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I'm carious to see how they pulled off pets with the fact you can bring them. It would be weird if they don't react to anything if your sim is getting attacked by bees or a skeleton. Also I'm carious to see where the cat would pee since they only like kitty litters. Will you have to carry a portable potty for them? :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I'm carious to see how they pulled off pets with the fact you can bring them. It would be weird if they don't react to anything if your sim is getting attacked by bees or a skeleton. Also I'm carious to see where the cat would pee since they only like kitty litters. Will you have to carry a portable potty for them? :D

Cats pee outside as well. They don't restrict themselves to litter boxes. I've seen them pee outside in my game.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Cats pee outside as well. They don't restrict themselves to litter boxes. I've seen them pee outside in my game.

Oh! Wow that new to me lol every time my sim's cat just goes up to her and meows with the litter symbol over there head. They just won't go without it. But I never waited too long to see if they will after a couple of sim hours of them meowing for a litter I just give it to them thinking they won't go without it and they'll just get mad and run away.

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Well we have tropical birds at least!

4.jpg

If you pay close attention, it seems we are getting yet another pee bush. On the lower right corner.

Might not be a pee bush, the bush of the same style in C&D is only for pets, so maybe it plays a different role. I’d think they’d keep the pee bush gameplay exclusive to GT, but could be wrong!

I'd actually prefer that. I actually thought the bush on the C&D EP was for sims too, thankfully I was wrong. But it does look like one so idk.

In a tweet a guru said that you an bring your pets along so it's possible it might be a pet bush that would give them something pet specific to explore. I honestly would rather them reuse the pee bush then have to stick a bathroom somewhere where it doesn't make sense or have to let my sim wet themselves/be embarrassed/possibly mortified.

True but we can always edit this world and place the woohoo/pee bushes from Get Together in the lots in this new world.

Sure but not everyone has Get Together though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options

Oh! Wow that new to me lol every time my sim's cat just goes up to her and meows with the litter symbol over there head. They just won't go without it. But I never waited too long to see if they will after a couple of sim hours of them meowing for a litter I just give it to them thinking they won't go without it and they'll just get mad and run away.

Thanks for the info!

You can edit the villas to add pet items like liter boxes and food bowls or cat trees.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member

4.jpg

Oh Wow, that image is just gorgeous! I made it my desktop background. :) So excited to see/hear more about this GP in the livestreams, it looks like a lot of fun and absolutely stunning. Wouldn't it be cool if Sims could swing from vines? Or maybe even a zip line through the tops of trees? I know, I know, most likely won't happen. *shrugs* But fun to dream about eh? ;)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Thanks for the info!

You can edit the villas to add pet items like liter boxes and food bowls or cat trees.

Bowls and litter boxes are portable too. My sim brought his cat to Granite Falls and he just brought the essentials along. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you actually didn't have to do that, @icmnfrsh , but it's good you did. bowls, litter boxes, and a few toys are some of the options that were added as buyable at the ranger station in granite falls, just in case you forgot to bring them along with your pet(s). which i thought was a nice touch. fully expect something similar in this pack, if there's anything even remotely similar to the ranger station
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, but I didn't really feel like editing the cabins in my game. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    You only have to edit them once.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Thursday's LS will be fun to watch. I'm very excited to see the jungle in game. I want to explore the little village too. I wonder who that is a statue of and why was it erected.

Since the design of the village looks to be a former Spanish mission, than it could possibly be Catholic? But *gasp* that would be a Christian statue! They would never dare tread foot there...right..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

4.jpg

If you pay close attention, it seems we are getting yet another pee bush. On the lower right corner.

Might not be a pee bush, the bush of the same style in C&D is only for pets, so maybe it plays a different role. I’d think they’d keep the pee bush gameplay exclusive to GT, but could be wrong!

I'd actually prefer that. I actually thought the bush on the C&D EP was for sims too, thankfully I was wrong. But it does look like one so idk.

In a tweet a guru said that you an bring your pets along so it's possible it might be a pet bush that would give them something pet specific to explore. I honestly would rather them reuse the pee bush then have to stick a bathroom somewhere where it doesn't make sense or have to let my sim wet themselves/be embarrassed/possibly mortified.

True but we can always edit this world and place the woohoo/pee bushes from Get Together in the lots in this new world.

Sure but not everyone has Get Together though.

Don't worry, I'm 99.9% sure they added the pee bush since a toilet house wouldn't make sense in a jungle. :)
    You might only be able to sleep and pee in it tho, the main attraction of this object, the WooHoo in the bush, will probably stay exclusive to Get Together (I'd be happy to be wrong tho)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018

Since the design of the village looks to be a former Spanish mission, than it could possibly be Catholic? But *gasp* that would be a Christian statue! They would never dare tread foot there...right..?

It's probably some lore character like Catarina Lynx The First or something
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Maybe that's a statue of the first Selvadoradian who was lost in the tomb and your sim must ask her for safe passage.
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    you actually didn't have to do that, @icmnfrsh , but it's good you did. bowls, litter boxes, and a few toys are some of the options that were added as buyable at the ranger station in granite falls, just in case you forgot to bring them along with your pet(s). which i thought was a nice touch. fully expect something similar in this pack, if there's anything even remotely similar to the ranger station

Oh wow I really didn't know that.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @catloverplayer i only found it out in passing when sent a sim camping to work on the ambition. was surprised (and happy) to see the pet stuff added to the ranger station. pet beds were in it, too, but i forgot to mention that in the above post. all the basic needs taken care of that way, which was quite nice
  • Options
    @catloverplayer i only found it out in passing when sent a sim camping to work on the ambition. was surprised (and happy) to see the pet stuff added to the ranger station. pet beds were in it, too, but i forgot to mention that in the above post. all the basic needs taken care of that way, which was quite nice

They forgot to mention this in the patch notes to whatever patch added it.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

They forgot to mention this in the patch notes to whatever patch added it.

I believe the c&d pack added it, not a patch. It's very handy :)