Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada Hype Thread [image heavy!]

I'm so excited for this new world, I can't even put it into words, I've wanted a jungle world for the longest time! So to help build my hype I wanted to make a fun thread full of jungle pictures to speculate how the new world of Selvadorada might look. Feel free to post your own pictures and join in the jungle fever! :blush:

Lets start with some little details that would help the world feel more unique from others in the game and hopefully keep true to real world jungles/rainforests:

Trees shrouded in mist would help set a mysterious mood in the world, couple this with the eerie ambient sounds of birds and monkeys calling from the treetops, and that would be such an immersive environment to play in, really helping to build the suspense and excitement of exploring the jungle.1024px-brazilian_amazon_rainforest.jpg
misty-rainforest-plain.jpg

A diverse landscape of mountains, rocky outcrops covered in creeping vines, waterfalls, spooky vine-draped caves, rivers, small natural pools, ruins of ancient civilisations reclaimed by the jungle.
maxresdefault.jpg
rainforest.jpeg
latest?cb=20161122040820
[img]https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/ewE5YEZBuSveyZxVf2TU/🐸🐸🐸🐸-2707x1624/v1/c700x420.jpg[/img]
Thailand-Wallpaper-Waterfall-River-Jungle.-Nature-Desktop-Wallpapers-976-915x515.jpg
jungle-nature-trees-mountains-landscape-rocks-1080P-wallpaper-middle-size.jpg
landscapes-mountains-rivers-trees-forest-jungle-clouds-fog-mist-wallpaper-1.jpg
latest?cb=20140711190217
mountain-waterfalls-wide-wallpaper-35597.jpg
15cf11cc1b051a3a134af3ddd5d99262--fig-tree-ta-prohm.jpg
thailand_combined_with_cambodia.jpg?v=81afec6981f5f8f7e1396819c6fcce78
25d4926a7ee52225bf4b895d21246dcf.jpg

The Sims 4 no doubt has a very vibrant art style, lots of bright colours, and that doesn't always work in every world, but I can already imagine the vibrant greens and blues of the jungle and all the gorgeous tropical plants and flowers.
plumeria%202%20Eric%20Tessmer%20Flickr.jpg
Hibiscus-Pink-Variated.jpg
flowers-blossom-paradise-flower-colorful-nature-bird-desktop-screensavers.jpg
full-nepenthes-plant.jpg

New harvestables like mangoes, pineapples, durian, star fruit, avocado would be so cool, they could finally have a place to find plantains out in the world.
mango_tree_photos_l2.jpg
2_25475_e.jpg
186466133-56a98c805f9b58b7d0fc9f9f.jpg

Another cute touch would be some vfx monkeys hopping around in the treetops and tropical birds swooping across the skies, maybe even a leopard chilling out on a branch.
Amazon_Rainforest_birds-930x279.jpg
Toucan_1448853c.jpg
filename-monkey-jungle.jpg
MM8209A_120720_09120---Version-2-extended.jpg?1429218307
beauty-jungle-leopard-nature-Favim.com-1663026.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Ooohhh beautiful! If it looks like your pics, I'd be more than thrilled :love:
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Omgg this made me so much more hyped about the new pack. I rly hope we get more harvestables and flowers :D And ugh imagine this in combination with seasons. Can't wait for the trailer^^
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Ooohhh beautiful! If it looks like your pics, I'd be more than thrilled :love:

Me too! I'm so excited, I really hope we get a trailer this week.
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Omgg this made me so much more hyped about the new pack. I rly hope we get more harvestables and flowers :D And ugh imagine this in combination with seasons. Can't wait for the trailer^^

I'm glad. I sincerely hope Seasons is this year's EP, then my game would be complete! Rain in the jungle would just be so immersive and relaxing, just imagine a thunderstorm combined with the ambient sounds of the jungle. :love:
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I hope they make an effort to make a lot of what we see both reachable and interactive.
    I'd really love for waterfalls to act as pools/springs.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just saw this video and it does look a bit like what you show in the OP.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It's so big and green and vast and I love the helicopter flying around in the distance.
  • Options
    @the_greenplumbob Thanks for sharing! The world looks so darn beautiful I'm so happy!!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If I had koopaling named Iggy Koopa, I would see if he's the ruler of the jungle world named Selvadorada.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    @the_greenplumbob Thanks for sharing! The world looks so darn beautiful I'm so happy!!

I know right! I cannot wait to see more tomorrow!
  • Options
    Ahhhh hyped!
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm wondering how much of the jungle shown in the teaser is actually explorable, as opposed to being a backdrop. I'm still excited, though. :)

And the whole jungle aesthetic is giving me an Uncharted 1 vibe, which is great. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm hoping we get to see concept art on the stream or the devs release it because it looks really good and would love to see the artist's references and art.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get to see concept art on the stream or the devs release it because it looks really good and would love to see the artist's references and art.

Yes please do this! I love seeing concept art :heart:
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    there better be some exotic monkeys/birds or Jaguars in it otherwise I won't call it a "Jungle".

The Sims Game
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sonia016 wrote: »
    there better be some exotic monkeys/birds or Jaguars in it otherwise I won't call it a "Jungle".

There might be some FX animals.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sonia016 wrote: »

There might be some FX animals.

Didn't OR have those FX animals too?

the_sims_4___squirrel_by_bmts4photography-d8h5l9p.png

*shudder*
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    ^^ We pulled some really neat, new tricks with this world. I'm excited to reveal the deets. I *think* folks will like this world. *fingers crossed*

I hope you're right, since vampires, GP's have been amazing, hopefully they'll continue like that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I really hope the team released concept art for this gamepack. I always love seeing concept art :D
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    RdcIGRX.png

Here's another screenshot from their teaser trailer on instagram! :smiley: It looks so cool, I cannot wait to watch the whole trailer this evening!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^ We pulled some really neat, new tricks with this world. I'm excited to reveal the deets. I *think* folks will like this world. *fingers crossed*

Of course we will! Everything the GP team makes is awesome.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm wondering how much of the jungle shown in the teaser is actually explorable, as opposed to being a backdrop. I'm still excited, though. :)

And the whole jungle aesthetic is giving me an Uncharted 1 vibe, which is great. :D

I'm hoping the jungle will be at least as big as GF, so that will be a lot of jungle to explore.

And FX animals are best viewed from a distance. They really aren't meant to be zoomed in on. Hopefully the spiders will be all too real.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I'm hoping the jungle will be at least as big as GF, so that will be a lot of jungle to explore.

And FX animals are best viewed from a distance. They really aren't meant to be zoomed in on. Hopefully the spiders will be all too real.

They did a pretty good job with the fx Sims in the backgrounds of San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay, although they are EP worlds so probably have more of a budget for fx. I'd be happy with static images just hidden amongst the trees.