Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

custom content is the bane to my existance

Comments

• Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    I just put up a new dress if you guys are interested! :smiley:
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    1cOswwc.png

Yay! New person to follow. :3
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    Well now after reading every single comment on this thread I think I need to go on a cc hunt. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I was annoyed with cas stuff and cc tracker ofc didn't work for me. So I downloaded sims 4 studio and opened every file that I predicted was cas stuff. Managed to delete the thibgs I didn't want, works like a charm. Patience is needed tho.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    stefanisticstefanistic Posts: 46 Member
    I can't play without custom contents. As someone who likes to recreate famous palaces and cathedrals, cc help making my builds look much more like the real thing. And yes, just like many of us here, I would spend up to hours hunting for cc each time I start playing. Clicking through them in the launcher is a real pain sometime lol.
  • Options
    Merleawe91Merleawe91 Posts: 65 Member
    I used cc Sooooo much in the Sims 2 and now that I am getting back into the series fully with Sims 4 I think that it is about time that I start collecting cc again. I just cleared around 12 gb on my computer so hopefully that will be enough haha
    tumblr_mskwyi1Ocl1shsxzto1_500%201_zpsecj1snov.gif
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Cc hairs are cool but that's as far as I go.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Omg someone make a CC Addict club now, I'll join in a heartbeat lol :joy:
    Seriously I need help
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    phoebealicephoebealice Posts: 16 New Member
    I definitely was for a long time with TS3 & 2 however I reverted back to no CC for quite awhile actually (except for default skin + eyes) because of lag. I still play TS2 and this year I got default replacements for every piece of clothing, hair etc which took up so much time it was crazy
  • Options
    pastel-simmerpastel-simmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I know I am late BUT I NEED A SUPPORT GROUP. My addiction started two days ago but I already have folders upon folders filled with cc. I need help....
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Haha yes... I was just downloading CC and in under 15 minutes I downloaded forty pieces...
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just got into cc/mods in Sims 3 and I took the ball and ran with it. :D

Now in Sims 4 where it is sooo much easier to dl and install cc, I am constantly checking my mods folder to see how big it is...currently just over a gig...I feel so good about myself, lol. I love mostly décor, build items, furniture and wonderful, wonderful mods from MTS...oh and a few hairs, nail polish, makeup, jewelry and clothes thrown in for good measure. :*

I am definitely a cc addict, lol. o:) Thanks for the co-dependent thread, lol.

Edited because I can't spell. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh i'm actually trying to decrease my cc addiction.. I had over 1,5Gb of cc about a month ago and that's when I searched everything out, can't even imagine the number before that omg.

Now i'm at 288 mb and i'm still trying to cut cc, i'm keeping mostly maxis match cc, so mostly hair, objects and build mode items (most of the items are converted from sims 2). The more content i'll get (with packs) the less cc I need, at least that's what I noticed :blush:
    I also organized all of my downloads, so it's really neat and clean and all the package files have been clearly named. I can't stay away from hair and counters though, (and wallpaper), those three things are really important to me haha!

Glad to see i'm not the only one!

Edit: I now also use Sims 4 studio, to delete swatches I don't want, which also decreases the mb amount, so that could be helpful in decreasing your number! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    I am 100% a CC addict, i go looking for a bracelet and end up with 3 skin tones,13 hairs, 11 shoes, 8 paintings, 19 shirts, 16 pants and a new rug. XD
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Oh i'm actually trying to decrease my cc addiction.. I had over 1,5Gb of cc about a month ago and that's when I searched everything out, can't even imagine the number before that omg.

Now i'm at 288 mb and i'm still trying to cut cc, i'm keeping mostly maxis match cc, so mostly hair, objects and build mode items (most of the items are converted from sims 2). The more content i'll get (with packs) the less cc I need, at least that's what I noticed :blush:
    I also organized all of my downloads, so it's really neat and clean and all the package files have been clearly named. I can't stay away from hair and counters though, (and wallpaper), those three things are really important to me haha!

Edit: I now also use Sims 4 studio, to delete swatches I don't want, which also decreases the mb amount, so that could be helpful in decreasing your number! :blush:

I actually havent figured out how to do that yet since the cc tracker doesnt work
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    I definitely dont have a problem..not that I easily download hundreds everyday..
    No problem here!
    latest?cb=20150227070058
    giphy.gif

• Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Omg same, i am cc adicted and i cant stop it.
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member

I actually havent figured out how to do that yet since the cc tracker doesnt work

@_orangemittens_ Just posted on my thread about how to delete swatches and things. It was just titled CC tracker!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    I'm definitely an addict. Having not played the game for around 9 months I recently started again, promising myself to play without CC. Oh but I just needed to download the no mosaic mod, and the hair that I love... *4GB later*...

I have restricted myself to Maxis Match CC only now though, and merged all my files.
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Add me to the list. I seriously love the designs and the beauty. Definitely a addict lol. Doing it now lol
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    CrazyKatTheSimmerCrazyKatTheSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Hi guys saying as you are all CC addicts lol, I was wondering if you can help me out? I found some beautiful CC hair for TS4 and have saved them to my documents (downloaded them onto my PC) How do I get them onto my Sims game??
    Thanks, Kat <3
  • Options
    CrazyKatTheSimmerCrazyKatTheSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    > @TheBlaireWitch said:
    > i spent 4 hours last night downloading cc because someone posted links in another forum....
    >
    > i cant feel my eyballs anymore,..
    >
    > anybody else have a serious cc problem?
    >
    > maybe we should CCAA, custom content addicts anonymous

I was wondering how to move my downloaded CC files saved to my documents over to the Sims I really want to use these beautifull hairs I found!
    Any help is greatly apperciated!
    Thanks, Kat :)
  • Options
    TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    Ohhh my, yes. Every day before I hop on TS4 or TS3 I need to go get some stuff... My current addictions are hair and traits! HELP!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    > @TheBlaireWitch said:
    > i spent 4 hours last night downloading cc because someone posted links in another forum....
    >
    > i cant feel my eyballs anymore,..
    >
    > anybody else have a serious cc problem?
    >
    > maybe we should CCAA, custom content addicts anonymous

I was wondering how to move my downloaded CC files saved to my documents over to the Sims I really want to use these beautifull hairs I found!
    Any help is greatly apperciated!
    Thanks, Kat :)

You can just cut and past them to the Mods folder. To find your Mods folder from Documents; open Electronic Arts; then The Sims 4; and then the Mods folder.
  • Options
    Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    Ohhh my, yes. Every day before I hop on TS4 or TS3 I need to go get some stuff... My current addictions are hair and traits! HELP!

Where do you get your hair?
  • Options
    Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    I need new hair. I can't have every one of my favorite female sims with this same hair in my avatar! LOL