Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

custom content is the bane to my existance

i spent 4 hours last night downloading cc because someone posted links in another forum....

i cant feel my eyballs anymore,..

anybody else have a serious cc problem?

maybe we should CCAA, custom content addicts anonymous

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes, LOL. Every single time I want to start my game up I have to go find some cc first. I will go looking for one specific piece and come out with folders full hahaha. I'm usually very careful too, so it takes even longer since I don't go to just any site (specifically TSR....shudder)- Hi I'm Brooke and I'm a CC addict.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2015
    I did that with Sims 2, and Sims 3.
    (was too nervous to mess with CC for original The Sims)
    Thousands of CC files. I could hardly find anything in buy mode w/ those tiny thumbnails! :|

But as I see more pics of some simmer's CC homes, I am finding it harder & harder to resist that CC... :s

What kept me from starting, so far, is the constant need to keep updated after every patch.
    And after Sims 3 Pets, it was a nightmare!
    Some of my fav CC chairs/beds STILL froze/glitched my Sim's cat, because the CC wasn't properly redone/fixed. AKA "broken" CC. :s
    (it took so long for the tubs to get fixed too)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    What's worse is when someone asks me where something came from and I go to fetch a link and run into 500 more objects to add to my game. The only thing I don't have much of is clothes. Just starting to get into it, but I don't like the look of the photorealistic ones in the game.
  • TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Yes, LOL. Every single time I want to start my game up I have to go find some cc first. I will go looking for one specific piece and come out with folders full hahaha. I'm usually very careful too, so it takes even longer since I don't go to just any site (specifically TSR....shudder)- Hi I'm Brooke and I'm a CC addict.

Hello, Brooke. Welcome to CCA. XD
    I did that with Sims 2, and Sims 3.
    (was too nervous to mess with CC for original The Sims)
    Thousands of CC files. I could hardly find anything in buy mode w/ those tiny thumbnails! :|

But as I see more pics of some simmer's CC homes, I am finding it harder & harder to resist that CC... :s

What kept me from starting, so far, is the constant need to keep updated after every patch.
    And after Sims 3 Pets, it was a nightmare!
    Some of my fav CC chairs/beds STILL froze/glitched my Sim's cat, because the CC wasn't properly redone/fixed. AKA "broken" CC. :s
    (it took so long for the tubs to get fixed too)

I'm worried about stuff breaking but I don't really care enough to save all the links XD
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    No, not at all. *twitch*

Deniiiiaaaallllll
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    What's worse is when someone asks me where something came from and I go to fetch a link and run into 500 more objects to add to my game. The only thing I don't have much of is clothes. Just starting to get into it, but I don't like the look of the photorealistic ones in the game.

I've never really liked the realistic ones. They just look weird. I try to go for ones that look like they're actually in the game.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2015
    I actually spend more time downloading CC than I actually play the game...
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited May 2015
    i spent 4 hours last night downloading cc because someone posted links in another forum....

Hahaha did you download from the tumblr links I posted?
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Hi, my name is ModerateOsprey and I'm an addict.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I am a cc Addict! If theres a new hair or a cute outfits on Sims Resource, I have to have it my game. Anything to make my sim look more unique and different to my other sims. But I mostly shop CC for the sims3 though..and then one day out of no where..I delete all the cc out of my game. Why? I have no idea why, I'm just going to re-download some more later on lol
    giphy.gif

*everybody says at once*
    Hi ModerateOsprey!

post-31653-Jimmy-Fallon-wave-smile-gif-tu-23sn.gif

WLfAA9V.png
    I am a cc Addict! If theres a new hair or a cute outfits on Sims Resource, I have to have it my game. Anything to make my sim look more unique and different to my other sims. But I mostly shop CC for the sims3 though..and then one day out of no where..I delete all the cc out of my game. Why? I have no idea why, I'm just going to re-download some more later on lol

LMAO, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this!! I will eventually get bored of all my cc so instead of just deleting what I don't want I just dump the folder and start over (which takes forever). I've done it since sims 2 :D
    WLfAA9V.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I don't do cc currently but when I did it was omg so cc heavy.
    *everybody says at once*
    Hi ModerateOsprey!

post-31653-Jimmy-Fallon-wave-smile-gif-tu-23sn.gif

*doesnt follow crowd and say hi*
    TEqv0.gif
    *30 hours later*
    tumblr_m8x56vD3Tm1qfxpwwo1_r1_400.gif
    Anyways hiii moderateosprey and everyone....
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I like a good CC spree buzz once in a while.
    Every weekend I find myself catching up on mysims4blog.blogspot.com.

When my eye and the corner of my mouth starts twitching is when I get away from the computer. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not that crazy about CC but without it, I don't think I'll play as much because I wouldn't be about to make all my super cute big eyed strange looking catgirl/boy sims.
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I do too for sure. I spend so much time searching for just the right stuff. I have stop and ask myself with everything, even though it looks cool will I really use it? Otherwise my game would be so bogged down with CC lol
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2015
    I currently have 1223 cc items. If i see something i like I WONT RESIST
    I download from tsr. Previously i downloaded from mod the sims but it gave me a bad cc that made me reinstall the game, so now i dont.
    I guess you can call me a cc addict
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I definitely have a CC problem. I love it so much. But I really like items that I think fit into the game with the rest of the items, so it has been rather hard for me to get a lot of CC with S4.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I love it because it gives me tons of new options when building a lot or creating a sim, but I try to use almost none when sharing my creation in the gallery because its seems that no one likes CC in their game

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I don't have very much. I mostly do hair and starting to do more clothes now. I have one object which is a shower
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
    KHS12 wrote: »

Hahaha did you download from the tumblr links I posted?

yes....... i got 20 pages in before my eyes were burning
    Hi, my name is ModerateOsprey and I'm an addict.

Hello, and Welcome!

I did that too with 2
    I made a post about this on my wall the other day.

It went a little something like this....

I promised myself I would have better control of my addiction in Sims 4. I was doing really well for a long time, only 68 items in my mods folder. Then I started playing again after a long break (see what I did there....the items stayed so low because I wasn't playing the game! LOL). They were going to do a patch so I thought I should go and pull my items out of my mods folder, just to be safe.

*GASP!*

How did it get up to over 400 items???

Spent a couple of days going through, checking the items on the creator sites to make sure I really wanted that in my game and whittled it down to 160 items. I was feeling great! I had gained control of my addiction.

See? Not at all addicted.

Went to check my mods folder because I needed to get the name of a mod for somebody...

*GASP!*

I have 175 items in there. Where did those 15 items come from? I did not put them in there since I don't remember doing it!

*looks around suspiciously*

Who is going around adding things to my mods folder?

Its the gnomesssssssss
    green_mau wrote: »
    I currently have 1223 cc items. If i see something i like I WONT RESIST
    I download from tsr. Previously i downloaded from mod the sims but it gave me a bad cc that made me reinstall the game, so now i dont.
    I guess you can call me a cc addict

I dont really like TSR because it lags my computer horribly

• ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    LOL nope, no problem here, nope ;)
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
    LOL nope, no problem here, nope ;)

Another case of deniaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll
  • AllisasAllisas Posts: 48 Member
    It's half of the experience though isn't it? :D Downloading and organizing cc, I think I have more hours doing that than actually playing the games. xD Long live the cc communities!
    Allisas wrote: »
    It's half of the experience though isn't it? :D Downloading and organizing cc, I think I have more hours doing that than actually playing the games. xD Long live the cc communities!

I wish i organised it sigh
  • RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Everyone is invited to see my profile where i post some sims with cc! :)
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
    green_mau wrote: »
    Everyone is invited to see my profile where i post some sims with cc! :)

I should post sims on mine....