Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever kill a sim because they’re just okay?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Absolutely NOT! I never kill Sims.

My Sims don't get married or have families until I am sure they are very compatible. If their romance and life together isn't what I feel it should be - the one who moved into their home - moves out. Usually they are the ones I send to the City to start over and find the right mate, if it is a sim worth keeping. If not I just move them out and let them go their own way. But no even the thought of killing a Sim I find distasteful for me. I'm just not that kind of person - even if it is just a game and they are just pixels.

Honestly - I actually cringe when people talk about killing Sims, Lol.

Actually in all the previous Sims game it was my mission in life to go around resurrecting every single sim I found in graves that died before they reached old age and give them a happy fulfilling life. In Sims 2 I made a Sim I called Whiteangel Gabriel that had the resurrection phone whose job was to move into every single household with a grave stone and bring back every Sim. In Sims 2 that was a mission as often Maxis dead sims had incomplete files so I had to use Simpe to fix every dead Sims files. I did successfully bring them all back including Bella Goth - and she was tricky. LOL. But that is the kind of simmer I am.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Haha I did killed some Sims too just for story.

I killed Saeyoungs and Saerans Mother (Mystic Messenger ) who was horrible to them. I wanted her to die from anger but it didn't worked so I starved her to death.

And I made Akiras Parents and killed them of for story purpose too. Death by with the help of fireworks in a locked room.

And one time my sun resistant Vampiress duelled Vlad in the sunrise and was killed by the sun.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I feel like I'm a sociopath when I play my game. No townies are safe when my sims are on a killing spree. There are some mods out there that make it a bit more fun than the standard starve them in room and drowned them in pool or set fire to a room with many flammable objects.. Right now my Chuck Norris is a vampire killer in the game... but he's a "good" sim killing evil it's been fun playing him up.. he actually works really well with the over the top silly feeling in this sims game. I'm trading off playing a Ramsay Bolton character and he is pretty evil... well as evil I as I can make him with what I have to work with I admit most of his evilness is in my head. But I do get a kick out of him being gleeful around the misery of other sims.
    It's weird too because in real life I'm very empathic and a strict rule follower .. if I drive against the arrow in an abandoned parking lot I feel like a rebel. Heck, I would cry reading my kids "The Lorax". It's just an overactive imagination.. really..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Never have I killed off one of my own Sims because I may have found them boring or annoying.
    Only Sim I’ve ever killed off in TS4 in that way was Eliza Pancakes. She was an elder, long overdo. :p
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes, I have killed sims off for various reasons. Sometimes I just don't take to them for whatever reason and then I get an itchy kill switch finger and plot their demise. Sometimes it's because they're cheaters or have broken up sims who have been in long term committed relationships. Sometimes I just feel like it.

A lot of times I'll throw a bunch of single sims with varying personalities into a household and see what happens. I usually make sure there's a lot of fire hazards to increase chances of deaths. With clubs and vampire auras it's now a lot easier to do emotional deaths.
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    Yes, I have killed sims off for various reasons. Sometimes I just don't take to them for whatever reason and then I get an itchy kill switch finger and plot their demise. Sometimes it's because they're cheaters or have broken up sims who have been in long term committed relationships. Sometimes I just feel like it.

A lot of times I'll throw a bunch of single sims with varying personalities into a household and see what happens. I usually make sure there's a lot of fire hazards to increase chances of deaths. With clubs and vampire auras it's now a lot easier to do emotional deaths.

Oh cheaters or mean sims well I am guilty of just making their lives as miserable as possible - but I still won't kill them. What ever their wants and whims are - I go out of my way to give them the exact opposite. So I do guess I can be a tiny bit devious - but in the end it does bother me if for instance I find them crying into their pillows and so sad they are about to just break. Lucky for me I don't see that very often though and somehow it seems my sims have adapted to being better little pixels as even the trouble makers seem to be on their best behavior.

My son says it's because I am watching them. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Never have I killed off one of my own Sims because I may have found them boring or annoying.
    Only Sim I’ve ever killed off in TS4 in that way was Eliza Pancakes. She was an elder, long overdo. :p

The question is, who hasn't killed Eliza Pancakes? ;) (I did, for story purposes - Bob needed to have chat with Grim to fulfil his Grilled Cheese Aspiration).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2018
    Certainly. I've killed sims for any number of petty reasons, aesthetics among them. I had an entire family die by fire because I though they walked by the lot I was playing too often. I could have deleted them, but I wanted some unhappy ghosts hanging around the mausoleum. I am a cruel deity.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Oh yeah, for sure. I killed off Sims to spice up the story when things got boring - back in TS2, I killed off the family's youngest child and made up this whole storyline around it lol. I had my Sim kill off townies by locking them up, setting them on fire or annoying them to death so that he could be with the Grim Reaper, whom he was in love with. Now I'm playing an evil Sim whose biggest fear is getting old... so he got himself a cowplant, and has been using it to kill off poor unsuspecting townies so as to drink their life essence. Darn, that sounds evil lol. His first victim was gonna be an old lady because I figured she'd die soon anyway. But then another townie went up with them on accident and even when I unlocked the door the dude wouldn't leave - and I couldn't ask him to leave either. So I let the lady go and went with him instead. I also had my vampire family torture poor Jairo Goth - Bella's second husband - for days during the last days of his life. He was finally let free when I had my Sims visit another lot... the next day, MCCC gave me the notification that he died. :sweat_smile: Basically right now I'm playing one vampire family with 3 actual killers in it, and another with the cowplant-murderer. :joy: Good times.
    J4YjA5M.png
    Here's my good Sim begging Grim to bring back the dude who just got swallowed by a cowplant... so that he might be able to have said cowplant swallow him up again and get even more life essence out of him. Unfortunately, Grim wouldn't grant him this. :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Besides... how else are you gonna collect all the sugar skulls?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

We did not have to kill sims for Sugar skulls - we just had to ask the right sims for them.

The cemetery I had to use in the end I downloaded from the gallery. It was said it had a couple of sims in it that died of old age according to the poster, but I never once saw their ghosts.. It worked fine and I got the 10th skull. I still have it in my library - lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

We did not have to kill sims for Sugar skulls - we just had to ask the right sims for them.

The cemetery I had to use in the end I downloaded from the gallery. It was said it had a couple of sims in it that died of old age according to the poster, but I never once saw their ghosts.. It worked fine and I got the 10th skull. I still have it in my library - lol.

LOL, I was being facetious really, but I do seem to collect them fast when I want too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PoppySimmerPoppySimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    one time my sim flirted with a townie from san myshuno but got rejected so i killed the sim that rejected her lol
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No, just for storytelling. I have had only two sims until now that had to die unnaturally for story purpose. One was caregiver who was raising orphans until they aged to YAs, when he died running on treadmill. The second was townie who out of blue died during offensive conversation with criminal who had public enemy aspiration. Doctors discovered she had weak heart, what no one knew. I killed her with MCCC, because criminal wasn't bad, just a lot disappointed, and grow to hate job and aspiration.

One sim died by accident, of laughter. Being wealthy and playful isn't good combination.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2018
    Honestly i tried to once but she kept surviving everything I tried. I figured she's a trouper and i should just let her live so in the end I did just that.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've never actually gone through with killing a sim, but I have had some incredibly strong urges to. :lol:

Not so long ago, I came so close to killing my sim's husband. For literally no reason whatsoever (his needs were perfect, his relationship with his son was maxed out, and he wasn't in a negative mood), he refused to hug his son. This was the first time I had ever seen a sim reject a toddler, and let me tell you, it was heartbreaking. I was in a state of shock for a solid ten seconds, but once it subsided, I was SO mad. I've been mad at sims before, but this was a whole other level. I even thought of having my sim (his wife) divorce him for being a bad daddy, but I never got around to it. :grimace: I could only conclude that since he was "Focused" at the time, he must have been very preoccupied with planning out new ways to nap (he had the Lazy trait). :rage: Aaannnnddddd...I just realized I'm still mad about it. :joy:
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I've never actually gone through with killing a sim, but I have had some incredibly strong urges to. :lol:

Not so long ago, I came so close to killing my sim's husband. For literally no reason whatsoever (his needs were perfect, his relationship with his son was maxed out, and he wasn't in a negative mood), he refused to hug his son. This was the first time I had ever seen a sim reject a toddler, and let me tell you, it was heartbreaking. I was in a state of shock for a solid ten seconds, but once it subsided, I was SO mad. I've been mad at sims before, but this was a whole other level. I even thought of having my sim (his wife) divorce him for being a bad daddy, but I never got around to it. :grimace: I could only conclude that since he was "Focused" at the time, he must have been very preoccupied with planning out new ways to nap (he had the Lazy trait). :rage: Aaannnnddddd...I just realized I'm still mad about it. :joy:

You could just send him packing instead! Haha!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member

You could just send him packing instead! Haha!
    That save file started acting up not too long after it happened, so I had to start over. I might've done just that had it not started glitching, but I'm of the opinion sending him packing would've been too tame of a punishment. :lol: My sim is married to the same sim in my new save (he makes cute kids, I had to), so hopefully he doesn't decide to test me again. If he does act up, he may just have an "accident" when he attempts to clean the dirty lint trap in the dryer. >:)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't think I've killed any sim on purpose since Sims 1. Despite all the hassle it takes, I just get "meh" sims to move out at some point.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2018
    If you don't serve a purpose in my game... you simply don't have the right to exist. I enslaved/killed off all premades either because their presence annoys me or sickens me, they've interfered with my plots.
    Sims who interfere with the affairs of my game will be killed and replaced by the back up version on the Gallery, the Genesis version of the sim.

I have taken my sims' babies because they didn't come out how I intended, so I replaced them with the better versions of those sims.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I rarely kill any of my Sims. If that happens, it's for storytelling purpose. To be honest, I always get a little nervous when they do something that could kill them ;) I get that people want more dangerous things in the game, I don't mind others killing their Sims, I just get very atteched to mine I guess.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I rarely kill any of my Sims. If that happens, it's for storytelling purpose. To be honest, I always get a little nervous when they do something that could kill them ;) I get that people want more dangerous things in the game, I don't mind others killing their Sims, I just get very atteched to mine I guess.

I too get attached to most of my Sims that I play, so I make sure that I don't form any with one I don't feel like keeping so I don't change my mind to end them lol.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    EBgBEBgB Posts: 15 Member
    No, because I would feel guilty! Lol, I offed one sim in TS3 because I wanted to have ghost babies, and I still feel haunted by him today!!! ;)
  • Options
    Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    I kill them when I get bored all the time. Sometimes I just do it for the sake of the little story I have playing out in my head. Never really feel guilty for doing it since I've been doing it in sims for so long
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Geoffrey Landgraab is currently missing without a trace. There are no known clues to his whereabouts or as to why he is missing as well to no suspects. The unidentifiable body is suspected to the body of Geoffrey Landgraab but the killer has destroyed any and all chances of the body ever being identified.

As to how the body can't be identified through modern technology is beyond me. I'll have to research it when I get to that part of my story. Or at least make up something that can be believable.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´