Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can cook in one game but can't in another?

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
Sims can cook in one game but can't in another? I can cook just fine in my Swanson Save (which has 7 gens) but when I try to cook in the Disney one it doesn't seem to work. I thought it was the Longer Parties and More Guest mod but its only is half the problem. I already tried repairing the game

@rosemow @crinrict
6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello
    In the Disney save, try moving the furnishings to diferent positions and see if that helps. Remove any overhanging items or wall shelves or cabinets that are above the stove or counters.
    Make sure that there is enough counters in the kitchen and there is free space on them. Put a counter beside the stove with nothing on top of it.
    If the issues remain , sell the stove and fridge and buy new ones, testing to see if that helps,
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    In the Disney save, try moving the furnishings to diferent positions and see if that helps. Remove any overhanging items or wall shelves or cabinets that are above the stove or counters.
    Make sure that there is enough counters in the kitchen and there is free space on them. Put a counter beside the stove with nothing on top of it.
    If the issues remain , sell the stove and fridge and buy new ones, testing to see if that helps,

there's plenty of (6) counters and there's nothing overhead. Changing the positions and selling and buying them doesn't work. I mean my sims can't do anything include preparing the food-nothing shows up. And considering I just got all this guys in this save w/kids.. I don't want to make them move AGAIN to a new save. I moved all my Mods except for MC (the NEW version) out all I have left is CC and none of those are Sims CC counters, stoves or fridges. mostly only Sim related CC (not that it matters because CC hair, eyes or clothing aren't on any of the sims cooking). I even tried evicting them and putting them back in and I still have the issue.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Hello

there's plenty of (6) counters and there's nothing overhead. Changing the positions and selling and buying them doesn't work. I mean my sims can't do anything include preparing the food-nothing shows up. And considering I just got all this guys in this save w/kids.. I don't want to make them move AGAIN to a new save. I moved all my Mods except for MC (the NEW version) out all I have left is CC and none of those are Sims CC counters, stoves or fridges. mostly only Sim related CC (not that it matters because CC hair, eyes or clothing aren't on any of the sims cooking). I even tried evicting them and putting them back in and I still have the issue.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then launch the game, load your save game and see if the issues remain.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    Hello

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then launch the game, load your save game and see if the issues remain.

I constantly delete cache files everytime I enter the game.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    without the Mod folder it appears to have worked.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hello

Try seeing if the issues still remain after you have moved the whole mods folder to the desktop. Sometimes cc that you wouldn’t expect to cause issues, can cause problems.
  • Options
    Hello

Try seeing if the issues still remain after you have moved the whole mods folder to the desktop. Sometimes cc that you wouldn’t expect to cause issues, can cause problems.

W/o mods folder it seems to have worked.. I'm going to have to experiment more later to see which CC it might be. But if it was CC you would expect it would be an issue across all saves not just one.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hello

W/o mods folder it seems to have worked.. I'm going to have to experiment more later to see which CC it might be. But if it was CC you would expect it would be an issue across all saves not just one.

It would be good to test to see what cc is causing the issues in that save game.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    apperenlty it's Deadpool's MC mods. I tested it with only that mod in my folder and also with it outside of my folder but other mods in the mods folder. But I don't think Deadpool or his helpers will believe me I think they will claim it must be a different mod causing the issue.

@rosemow
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    apperenlty it's Deadpool's MC mods. I tested it with only that mod in my folder and also with it outside of my folder but other mods in the mods folder. But I don't think Deadpool or his helpers will believe me I think they will claim it must be a different mod causing the issue.

@rosemow
    The MCCC mod is not causing this issue for other simmers. The issue is also affecting one of your save games but not the other.
    Try testing again with no mods in your mods folder and see if the issue is still occurring.
  • Options

@rosemow
    The MCCC mod is not causing this issue for other simmers. The issue is also affecting one of your save games but not the other.
    Try testing again with no mods in your mods folder and see if the issue is still occurring.

I have tested all the other mods and the only one that apparently causing the issue is MC. Food on the cutting board will appear and sims can cook normally with the MC out vs. food doesn't appear on the cutting board and sims just stand around doing nothing with the MC in. But only in the Disney-SimSelf save. It apparently also is an issue in the Roman save as well.. but that doesn't really matter since my main sims don't do cooking (they have servants)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018

@rosemow

I have tested all the other mods and the only one that apparently causing the issue is MC. Food on the cutting board will appear and sims can cook normally with the MC out vs. food doesn't appear on the cutting board and sims just stand around doing nothing with the MC in. But only in the Disney-SimSelf save. It apparently also is an issue in the Roman save as well.. but that doesn't really matter since my main sims don't do cooking (they have servants)

It would be best to post about your issue on the MCCC mod help thread on the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Or on the MCCC mod Discord channel
    https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr
  • Options

@rosemow

It would be best to post about your issue on the MCCC mod help thread on the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Or on the MCCC mod Discord channel
    https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr

@rosemow Deadpool doesn't believe me. And I have tested the mods TWICE now..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hello
    Deaderpool has very kindly offered to test your save game files for you. He will see if he can help you, by testing the game with the MCCC mod in his game.
  • Options
    Hello
    Deaderpool has very kindly offered to test your save game files for you. He will see if he can help you, by testing the game with the MCCC mod in his game.

But I can't tell which of my saves are the current save because all the saves show "Feb 6 2018"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello

But I can't tell which of my saves are the current save because all the saves show "Feb 6 2018"

Try going into your save game that has the issue, and play for a little while. Then save the game. Exit the game. Then in the saves folder you can see the save game file that has the latest time on it. That file will be the one with the issues.