Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito you forgot to mention that someones people from (X) are referred to as the bird. Even though that word makes me think of something else entirely.

Yes, @friendsfan367 we are all called kiwis! :)

You're a fruit?? :lol:

@Bugsie2016 Oh no! You've discovered my secret identity!

You know we have no native mammals here. It's a country full of native birds!

Why is it called a kiwi though???

@Bugsie2016 The bird was called a kiwi before the fruit, even though the fruit is Chinese. It was called something else first.

You're not supposed to teach me stuff.....joking it happens! :lol:
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @simscognito you forgot to mention that someones people from (X) are referred to as the bird. Even though that word makes me think of something else entirely.

because saying human isn't any fun.

@friendsfan367 they're referring to the bird, not the people.

Although we're also called kiwis.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    According to Google the bird had the name first. It wasn't until the 1970s that the fruit we know as kiwi (back then known as Chinese gooseberry) was named after the bird in a marketing move.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    According to Google the bird had the name first. It wasn't until the 1970s that the fruit we know as kiwi (back then known as Chinese gooseberry) was named after the bird in a marketing move.

Yep, because we loved the fruit so much. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

@Bugsie2016 The bird was called a kiwi before the fruit, even though the fruit is Chinese. It was called something else first.

i didn't teach you anything.
  • Options

My sister can't eat kiwi (aka Chinese gooseberry) because she's allergic to it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@friendsfan367 she's talking to me! :D
  • Options

My sister can't eat kiwi (aka Chinese gooseberry) because she's allergic to it.

@MadameLee aww that's a shame! My favs the golden kiwi fruit! :)
  • Options

it was a joke i knew she meant you.
  • Options
    So, discussion question:
    What has been your favourite scene to write lately?
  • Options

it was a joke i knew she meant you.

@friendsfan367 I know, I just felt like rubbing it in! :D Okay, I'll stop being mean. from now on, it's perfect Cog o:)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    So, discussion question:

@Bugsie2016 hmm good question. I think it's the scene for this Saturday, because Alex has such a cheeky look on his face - you know the look, Bugsie, I've shown it to you. :D I won't say any more about it, as not to give away any spoilers. I really loved the latest published chapter, because it was a chance to show off Alex's mother - who I absolutely loved playing in her teenage years, so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane getting a chance to play her again.

What about you? I have to say the latest BL chapter was lovely, but you know that already. :)
  • Options

wait so tasmania or new zeland.

@friendsfan367 Sweet you got it. :) Now you have to keep your promise. :D

the gallery was broke thiis morning. i need to go house hunting because noel got stuck on the balcony with adrian yesterday but i will.
  • Options

the gallery was broke thiis morning. i need to go house hunting because noel got stuck on the balcony with adrian yesterday but i will.

Oh sweet thanks @friendsfan367 ! :) oh dear, I hope Noel and Adrian were behaving themselves on the balcony. Ugh you're having gallery troubles too?? Same! It's connection troubles for me, but I know what the problem is. XD
  • Options
    So, discussion question:

@Bugsie2016 hmm good question. I think it's the scene for this Saturday, because Alex has such a cheeky look on his face - you know the look, Bugsie, I've shown it to you. :D I won't say any more about it, as not to give away any spoilers. I really loved the latest published chapter, because it was a chance to show off Alex's mother - who I absolutely loved playing in her teenage years, so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane getting a chance to play her again.

What about you? I have to say the latest BL chapter was lovely, but you know that already. :)

Erm, probably that chapter you mentioned for BL. As for WAWRMO, it wasn't really fun to write but it was 24 because it just showed how strong Ro and Max's relationship is. :)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    So, discussion question:

@Bugsie2016 My most recent update for my No Shame story (Extra Post: A Nasty Turn). It's not that amazing an update overall but it gave me a chance to write a character who was rather creepy and unsettling which I don't really do all that often. So it was a nice change of pace and a fun chance to try something a bit different.
  • Options

Oh sweet thanks @friendsfan367 ! :) oh dear, I hope Noel and Adrian were behaving themselves on the balcony. Ugh you're having gallery troubles too?? Same! It's connection troubles for me, but I know what the problem is. XD

connection trouble for me too.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

The gallery is always broken for me, @friendsfan367. Or it feels like it is.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    So, discussion question:

@Bugsie2016 Hm, I'm not sure! Probably a scene from chapter four (I try to write a couple chapters ahead of what I've posted). It was a little bit of a spicier chapter for me (Kicking it up from PG to, I don't know, PG-11 or something). I always have fun while writing things that might surprise readers, but I won't say any more than that because I'd like it to stay possibly surprising. As for what's been posted already, probably the last scene in chapter two because I'm a sucker for some good hostile dialogue. :D
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    I can't remember exactly who asked if I was new, and... yes and no? Yes as it's been a long while since I've been here and I only just started posting again, and no because I have posted here a couple of times, I'm just a little flaky about it. Sorry about that. You all seem wonderful.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2018
    So, discussion question:

Great question, @Bugsie2016! Recently, I've been rewriting a Sims story, KCLKF, and I added things that I didn't have the first time around but intended to or outlined previously or decided it needed to be in there for the sake of continuity or exposition. I recently wrote a chapter with Ayesha, Kass's best friend, early on in KCLKF (as in the original edition, she doesn't appear until later, though she's mentioned). Here's a sneak peek of some lines for the upcoming chapter release.
    "Fine… maybe I’ll be a cop like you.”

Ayesha laughed. “Kass, I think you’re better suited for a desk job… maybe an investigator, but a cop?”

“Hey, I can keep up with you on the soccer field!” Kass protested.

“But do you want to be a police officer? Clean our streets of crime? Bring people to justice?” Ayesha pounded her fist into her palm.

Kass chuckled weakly. “Well, when you put it that way… no…”

I also included a previously outlined (though not previously included) section of a chapter with Kass, my protagonist, and her family driving to Kass' high school graduation ceremony. Her sisters are arguing (as typical) as Kass is driving. The lines were funny to write because they remind me of "real" family drama moments when I was growing up. I tried to capture the authentic sound.
    “Chocolate is saturated with fat and calories besides rotting your teeth and leaving you with bad breath,” Andi listed...

“It gives you pimples, and it causes you to be stimulated artificially,” Carina mocked their little sister. “However, if you want to be awake for that math test on Tuesday, Missy A Plus, chocolate would be my drug of choice.”

“Actually, it hasn’t been proven scientifically that it causes acne,” Andi proceeded to lecture everyone in the car despite a likely preference for a different topic...

“Can’t you ever be a normal teenager?” Carina said.

“Thank the Maker I never have to take a math test again,” Kass said with exaggeration, eliciting a smile from her mother.

The sisters will argue over anything. Haha.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I was going to ask a question but I'm afraid it would be a bit peculiar or crazy/odd/ whatever for what I was going to ask.. So if anyone is interested in the question I was going to ask please tag me. It's sort of like a backwards casting call so to speak?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I wonder if @chalicen and @simscognito are neighbors...

You both live in my favorite country, btw.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    A new post is up as Marissa and Sandy talk about the fallout from the blackmail.

Extra Post: Peas in a Pod

post.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I wonder if @chalicen and @simscognito are neighbors...

You both live in my favorite country, btw.

@CathyTea @Munterbacon as well. Isn't he from New Zealand or am I mis-remembering?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top