Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you pay full price for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and was it worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I paid full price for Cats & Dogs and it was worth it.
    Any time I get a chance to name a pet dog Cujo in a game, it's worth it to me. And in this game, I even got to make him myself! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I got a little too excited for pets in my game so I preordered it for full price. I can't say that I can complain too much about my pets in my games now.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    shaniadasieshaniadasie Posts: 9 New Member
    I did not pay full price for Cats & Dogs and it was worth it.
    > @simgame said:
    > I have not had many fun out of the game cause it ruined my computer. For some reasons this expension packs made many computers crash a lot during gameplay including mine.
    > I can still play the sims 4 but I chose not to because I'm sick of the crashing.
    > I'm sure I will love it tho when i get a new computer :tongue:

What kind of Laptop do you have? playing any kind of sims is best on apple
  • Options
    MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I paid full price for Cats & Dogs and it was not worth it.
    I paid full price but got bored playing after a while. Like i love the new CAS options, but gameplay wise it got dull pretty quick for me. It happened with the other EPs so Im going to take the cosmic hint and not pay full price for Sims merch.
  • Options
    wild4simswild4sims Posts: 45 Member
    I love the new world and the pets you can rescue and teach to cute
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I didn't pay full price to me it wasn't worth it because I am not the biggest fan of Pets in any sims game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    I'm enjoying the Vet Clinic :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I paid half price and I felt satisfied with the content for the reduced price. If I had paid full price I would not be happy right now.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes I pre-ordered for the first time (turns out with the new release times I wouldn't have had to) and I really like it.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I should have waited for a sale. Honestly, as much as I like the IDEA of pets... I'm not too fond of the implementation. My Sims barely interact with the pets, and the pet-related whims pop up too much and are a huge annoyance (always want to buy stuff for their pet, or they only give 10 pts). And the cats keep running away...

And I only seem to find purebred or designer breeds (which count as purebred in the game anyway) and no mutt. I wish the game spawned mutts.

Pet-related objects are too limited as well.

The town... it's nice, but I moved my Sims out. No playground to play at next to the biggest lot (I love Newcrest for that reason) and it's very isolated.. not so great to improve your Sims relationships.

My last two generations haven't had pets, honestly, because I had things I wanted to do and couldn't afford to waste too much time taking care of them (even with one or two Sims in full autonomy in my house and STILL the pets needs were never fulfilled, so you have to babysit everyone. Boring).
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I paid slightly less than the Origin price, and I'd say it's worth it. It adds a whole new dimension. Eventhough it's still a little buggy.
  • Options
    AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    I paid full price and found it was not worth it. (I actually think that for most all of the sims add ons) This round of the sims is smaller, less complex and has little intricacy to the game as a whole. So. When I found they were doing the pets I figured a whole bunch of new species would be awesome. However when it was finally announced as /cats and dogs/I was really disappointed. I had hope. But I find the idea that EA once again opted to slack off and add as few options as possible was... I don't even know. Telling I guess, telling of the lack of resources they put into the game.

I bought it all the same, I love cats and have quite a few of my own.

Worst mistake of my sims playing life.

These cats and dogs are so demanding, they always need attention 24/7, they are always tired and hungry and need to poop. But they don't! They stand around crying and screaming till they're about to die. I had to install a couple of mods so I could make them playable. Which in itself defeats the purpose. I wanted animals that acted like animals. Not newborn babies.

The vets are just so buggy that It took me five in game days to get two cats neutered. And the ridiculous illnesses. They just reminded me how juvenile The Sims has become. It's no longer an actual life simulator. It's not a sandbox game. It's like some five dollar bin game you would buy for a young child.
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I did not pay full price for Cats & Dogs and it was not worth it.
    For $20 (what I paid) it isn’t bad. It feels like a game pack, probably because the most in-depth part of it all is the Vet. Animals feel like the second ‘most important’ thing in the pack.

One thing that critically hurts the EP is the removal of player control, or at least player information panels. I know they went on and on about the AI for Dogs and Cats, but it’s not that good. Dogs route fail all the time, animals complain about being hungry when there is 3 full bowls of food within reach, dogs will sit and whine at the door for hours on end until you tell them to ‘go potty’. That last one is probably the worst design I have ever seen. A dog that isn’t house trained whining about wanting to go potty outside? So am I training them to walk through a door? Because clearly they are already housebroken. The fears/obsessions are annoying. Again, these are entirely decided by the game. Don’t want your dog to be afraid of the TV? Well nothing you can do about it. Don’t want your dog to be obsessed with the stove? Again, you’re out of luck.

There’s not much for pets to do. They are basically there for the player to look at which is about as engaging as watching a TV show on your Sims tv. Oh wait didn’t they push that gameplay too? When they added those horrid mixer screens with Movie Hangout Stuff to force people into watching in speed 1...?

Anywho, long post that wasn’t intended to be as long. Pets isn’t worth $40, and if the Vet isn’t your thing (it’s just like Dine Out) then you will probably not find much enjoyment from it. $20 didn’t leave me feeling robbed, which is good because I paid $18 for CL and felt totally ripped off with the final product.

I'm just going to add on to this since at this point, I'm tired of giving an opinion when nothing really changes in "EA's Vision" for what they think the Sims Community really wants. I haven't paid full price for ANY of the Sims 4 EP's/GP's/SP's because I was wary of EA's shenanigans with this new generation. This SP is another buggy mess and half-developed as usual. What's New...?

I'm still wondering WHY the Dartboard remains broken while the EA Game Machine just grinds on to the next whatever pack that is designed to take our money and give us so much less than we've been given over the last 15 years or so. FAIL.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Got it for 20 bucks at Target and so worth it. Love my kitty and taking them to the vet when need be.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited January 2018
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    For $20 (what I paid) it isn’t bad. It feels like a game pack, probably because the most in-depth part of it all is the Vet. Animals feel like the second ‘most important’ thing in the pack.

One thing that critically hurts the EP is the removal of player control, or at least player information panels. I know they went on and on about the AI for Dogs and Cats, but it’s not that good. Dogs route fail all the time, animals complain about being hungry when there is 3 full bowls of food within reach, dogs will sit and whine at the door for hours on end until you tell them to ‘go potty’. That last one is probably the worst design I have ever seen. A dog that isn’t house trained whining about wanting to go potty outside? So am I training them to walk through a door? Because clearly they are already housebroken. The fears/obsessions are annoying. Again, these are entirely decided by the game. Don’t want your dog to be afraid of the TV? Well nothing you can do about it. Don’t want your dog to be obsessed with the stove? Again, you’re out of luck.

There’s not much for pets to do. They are basically there for the player to look at which is about as engaging as watching a TV show on your Sims tv. Oh wait didn’t they push that gameplay too? When they added those horrid mixer screens with Movie Hangout Stuff to force people into watching in speed 1...?

Anywho, long post that wasn’t intended to be as long. Pets isn’t worth $40, and if the Vet isn’t your thing (it’s just like Dine Out) then you will probably not find much enjoyment from it. $20 didn’t leave me feeling robbed, which is good because I paid $18 for CL and felt totally ripped off with the final product.

I'm just going to add on to this since at this point, I'm tired of giving an opinion when nothing really changes in "EA's Vision" for what they think the Sims Community really wants. I haven't paid full price for ANY of the Sims 4 EP's/GP's/SP's because I was wary of EA's shenanigans with this new generation. This SP is another buggy mess and half-developed as usual. What's New...?

I'm still wondering WHY the Dartboard remains broken while the EA Game Machine just grinds on to the next whatever pack that is designed to take our money and give us so much less than we've been given over the last 15 years or so. FAIL.

Umm the dartboard bug has been fixed ages ago. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921876/july-18-2017-patch-notes#latest

Also they can't take your money unless you give it.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I did not pay full price for Cats & Dogs and it was not worth it.

I'm still wondering WHY the Dartboard remains broken while the EA Game Machine just grinds on to the next whatever pack that is designed to take our money and give us so much less than we've been given over the last 15 years or so. FAIL. [/quote]

Umm the dartboard bug has been fixed ages ago. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921876/july-18-2017-patch-notes#latest

Also they can't take your money unless you give it.[/quote]

Hmm... The dartboards still don't work in my game and I started my game fresh w/a new computer. I'll have to investigate some of the newer mods in my Mods file.

Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    I like the buy and build mode items more than I do the actual pets but I still think it's definitely something to look in to :)