Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs Since 11/7 Patch and/or Installation of Cats & Dogs EP

klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
Hi,
I've encountered several mildly annoying bugs since the 11/7 patch and/or the installation of the Cats & Dogs EP (not sure which caused them), and I thought I'd write up a discussion since I haven't seen them reported. The issues certainly aren't game-breaking, but they've irritated and stumped me enough to have spent the past several days pulling CC, regenerating game files, clearing caches, etc. just to find a culprit or solution. I've listed them below:
  • Adult Sims occasionally roll whims to flirt with child Sims, supposedly from "being near a friendly relationship". I already reported the issue on the "Issues with Whims" thread on the AHQ EA site, but thought I'd still mention it in case anyone else has experienced it in their game, too. Since repairing the game and deleting several CC files, I haven't seen it lately, but it had been popping up rather sporadically during gameplay so I'm not entirely convinced it won't reappear.
  • My Sims now have an obsession with "viewing" paintings after mopping puddles, washing dishes, or tending to a toddler or baby. It doesn't happen every time, but they're doing it enough that it's becoming a mild annoyance. It also seems to be strictly teen-elder Sims who perform the action, regardless of traits.
  • About 8 times out of 10, a toddler will say he/she is hungry when being "checked" by their parents. The toddler will even claim to be hungry while in the high chair after a meal with a maxed hunger bar.
  • This bug has been present since the installation of Parenthood (and I believe others have reported it); nonetheless, parents are still obsessed with turning on the Kids network at all times of the day and causing their children to cancel their queued interactions to come watch it with them.
  • The parents of the toddler in my current household randomly receive the "Growing So Fast (From Toddler Skill Gain Levels 3-5)" daily and for no apparent reason, no matter whether he actually has a skill at that level or not.
  • Only a handful of times after aging, the toddler would get the "Left Behind" moodlet whenever one of his parents went to work, but that suddenly stopped and he receives no moodlet at all when his parents leave. I'm not sure if it's due to his high "Thinking" skill level, but I know for a fact that moodlet was always present with previous toddlers no matter what their skill levels were.
  • Restaurants aren't generating all waiters, and Sims continue to leave their tables to dance, jog, or view artwork. Occasionally, waiters will even stand idly and will not deliver my Sims' order. I mention this because I've had the issues with dancing, jogging, viewing items, etc. in the past, but it seems to have worsened since the patch and/or EP.
  • Last but not least, when entering CAS for the first time after the patch and installation of the Cats & Dogs EP, eyebrows on child Sims aren't matching their hair color. Even when editing the eyebrows, the game says they match their hair, but once you click the check mark again, the eyebrows will then correct themselves. The issue hasn't popped back up since entering those households and correcting it; it only occurred the first time those households were edited after the EP and patch. I know this bug has been reported over the years in the past, but I've never encountered it myself until now.

As I stated above, I've spent several days trying to remedy these issues. I've repaired the game several times, I've pulled CC (I don't use mods) and even deleted 15 files that I've now learned weren't even corrupt, I've regenerated my Sims 4 folder, regenerated the mods folder specifically and replaced CC packages one at time, played the game without CC, and deleted the cache and localthumbcache files. These bugs are still present without CC and after numerous repairs, file regeneration, etc. If anyone has any advice or is experiencing the same issues, please let me know! :smile:

Comments

• Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    I haven't played it enough to experience all that yet and have no children in the household I am playing. However I am stuck bathing my dog endlessly. The meter never moves and if I stop the action after several hours the dog is still filthy.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about Toddlers being always hungry
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-keeps-asking-food-too-often-and-in-high-chair-too/m-p/6425471#M51625
    This thread refers to sims wanting to watch the kids network station
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Everyone-wants-to-watch-Kids-Network/m-p/6097985#M39060
    With the restaurants not generating all the waiters, try going into build mode on the lot and add more tables and chairs. The game will send the number of waiters needed depending on the size /number of tables in the venue.
    To try to help all your issues, try evicting your sims. Then go to Manage Households, click on your sims household and place them back into their original home. Then see if that helps.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    7aquaman7 wrote: »
    I haven't played it enough to experience all that yet and have no children in the household I am playing. However I am stuck bathing my dog endlessly. The meter never moves and if I stop the action after several hours the dog is still filthy.

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Dog-doesn-t-get-clean-on-washing-in-the-tub/m-p/6414624#M50465
    Try selling the bath tub, buying a new one and see if that helps.
    Try buying a different version of the bathtub.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about Toddlers being always hungry
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-keeps-asking-food-too-often-and-in-high-chair-too/m-p/6425471#M51625
    This thread refers to sims wanting to watch the kids network station
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Everyone-wants-to-watch-Kids-Network/m-p/6097985#M39060
    With the restaurants not generating all the waiters, try going into build mode on the lot and add more tables and chairs. The game will send the number of waiters needed depending on the size /number of tables in the venue.
    To try to help all your issues, try evicting your sims. Then go to Manage Households, click on your sims household and place them back into their original home. Then see if that helps.
    I've already posted feedback and hit "me too" on those threads. :smile:
    All restaurants in my save have quite a few tables and chairs, so I don't know how I'd even fit more. The restaurants have about 2-3 waiters each and with one, I've only seen one generated when I know there are three townies filling those roles. The other restaurant had two spawn in and the rest of the staff as well, but I know one waitress was missing. Those townies still exist in the manage households area and I play with aging off, so I don't know why they're suddenly not spawning in properly.

I evicted my household and moved them back, but unfortunately, all the issues still persist. This time, even the toddler attempted to view a photo on the wall in an entirely different room after he used his potty chair. What's strange is that it doesn't appear that toddlers even have the ability to view photographs and that only children and older can.

Thanks for your advice @rosemow, I really appreciate it! :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Does your home have the home studio lot trait? Or another trait that may be influencing the sims to want to view paintings /photos? Try removing the lot traits and see if that may help.
    Also the traits of your sims may be causing this to occur.
    With the restaurant not spawning the staff, try going into build mode and save the venue to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the library version of the venue back onto the lot, and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Does your home have the home studio lot trait? Or another trait that may be influencing the sims to want to view paintings /photos? Try removing the lot traits and see if that may help.
    Also the traits of your sims may be causing this to occur.
    With the restaurant not spawning the staff, try going into build mode and save the venue to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the library version of the venue back onto the lot, and see if the issue remains.
    The lot doesn't have any traits. I too thought that maybe it was the Sims' traits causing them to view the paintings/photos around the house. One of my Sims does have the Creative trait, but his wife has done it as well and she doesn't have any trait that would cause her to do this. It's really a weird issue because they'll do it occasionally after washing dishes, but never fail to do it after interacting with their baby. I'm testing the game without CC one more time to see if the viewing issue still occurs. It happened the last two times I play-tested CC-free, but as sporadically as this issue has been popping up, it's getting more and more difficult for me to tell.

If I bulldoze the restaurant lots in my save, will that change the townies assigned to the staff roles?
  • Options
    Bulldozing the lot may change the townies allocated to the restaurant. Try bulldozing just the restaurant that you are having the issues with, and see if it helps that restaurant.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, and then see if that helps with the picture viewing issue.
    Try also testing with other sims households in your game and see if the issue occurs there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    @rosemow, I haven't tested the restaurants since resetting my Sims 4 folder and repairing earlier today, so I'll test them when I get a chance before bulldozing the lots with the issues.

I've moved my mods folder, reset the Sims 4 folder, repaired the game, cleared caches, etc., numerous times over the past few days. Unfortunately, nothing's worked. I played a few minutes without CC for the third time just a few minutes ago and the issues still persist. I just sold all the sinks and placed new ones to test for good measure.

I'm going to start a brand new save now to see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited November 2017
    Some more bugs I've noticed:
    - Muscle definition doesn't work on big dogs. They show up in CAP but not in Live mode.
    - Play interaction with toddlers doesn't work sometimes. The toddler is still standing and the parent has very awkward animations.
    - I don't know if this is an oversight or not, but when a pet dies they just.... lie there. They don't look like they're dying at all. And then POOF dead.
    - Pets sometimes teleport to different places when attempting to simstagram.
    - Sims often cancel what they're doing to look at the pets.
    - The toy boxes of pets sometimes rotate on their own.
    - Pets often get filthy for no apparent reason.
    - Sims often have an action queued but they don't perform it resulting in just standing there. Resetting them gets the action away.
    - When picking up cats and small dogs, sims hug them endlessly.
    - EDIT: Forgot to mention that if pets sleep, they don't close their eyes.

I'll edit this if I find more.
  • Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    Some more bugs I've noticed:
    - Muscle definition doesn't work on big dogs. They show up in CAP but not in Live mode.
    - Play interaction with toddlers doesn't work sometimes. The toddler is still standing and the parent has very awkward animations.
    - I don't know if this is an oversight or not, but when a pet dies they just.... lie there. They don't look like they're dying at all. And then POOF dead.
    - Pets sometimes teleport to different places when attempting to simstagram.
    - Sims often cancel what they're doing to look at the pets.
    - The toy boxes of pets sometimes rotate on their own.
    - Pets often get filthy for no apparent reason.
    - Sims often have an action queued but they don't perform it resulting in just standing there. Resetting them gets the action away.
    - When picking up cats and small dogs, sims hug them endlessly.

I'll edit this if I find more.

Hello
    With the toy box moving, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-Toy-Box-changes-direction-on-it-s-own/m-p/6427182#M51690

Try seeing if repairing your game may help with the issues you are having.To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If you have mods/cc in your game,try testing the game after moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Alright, I played in a brand new, CC-free save for several hours. Most of the bugs were still present; the issue with viewing artwork after washing dishes, mopping puddles, etc., did occur a couple times. The toddler in the new save also didn't receive the "Left Behind" moodlet whenever her parents went to work. However, I didn't have an issue with the "Growing So Fast" moodlet, so I'm not sure why it's occurring in my existing save. Would resetting my Sims possibly work?

I'll test the restaurant issue when I next play my original save. Hopefully repairing the game and resetting my Sims 4 folder has fixed it.
    7aquaman7 wrote: »
    This happened in the new save I just got through playing as well. I cancelled the action and directed the Sim to wash her dog again, which fixed the issue.
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I forgot to mention this one! Good to know it's not only happening in my game.
  • Options
    bneikam82bneikam82 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else since cats & dogs? Randomly a repair man will show up on my lot and get stuck continuously waving "Hi" to the mailbox. I have even deleted the service sim and a new one will spawn, even though I never called the repair service. They will get stuck doing the same thing, greeting the mailbox. Also random people will walk right in my house, without even knocking, and just make themselves at home. It's mainly the booth merchants in the dock section on brindleton bay.
  • Options
    bneikam82 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else since cats & dogs? Randomly a repair man will show up on my lot and get stuck continuously waving "Hi" to the mailbox. I have even deleted the service sim and a new one will spawn, even though I never called the repair service. They will get stuck doing the same thing, greeting the mailbox. Also random people will walk right in my house, without even knocking, and just make themselves at home. It's mainly the booth merchants in the dock section on brindleton bay.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the issue with the repairman. Perhaps try going into build mode, and move the mailbox into another position in your home lot and see if that may help.
    Selling and buying a new mailbox may also help.

Also, try deleting the cache files and see if that helps

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

With your other issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPCs-coming-into-apartments-houses-uninvited/m-p/6413904#M50355
    You could use the private dwelling lot trait to prevent this occurring.
  • Options
    bneikam82bneikam82 Posts: 4 New Member
    Oddly enough I tried moving the mailbox and he just walks over to it again. I did try deleting the whole sims folder to reset everything but that was no help. I haven't tried repairing the game yet, that will be my next step. Thank you for the tips!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    bneikam82 wrote: »
    Oddly enough I tried moving the mailbox and he just walks over to it again. I did try deleting the whole sims folder to reset everything but that was no help. I haven't tried repairing the game yet, that will be my next step. Thank you for the tips!

Hello @bneikam82
    If repairing the game doesn’t help, try evicting your sims from their home. Then go to Manage Households, click on your sims household and move them back into the original home. Then see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    UniaUnia Posts: 2 New Member
    Gonna hog this thread sorry, but anyone had problem with pets dying? My dog just died and there is literally no notification or what sort, the pet just turned to urn, and no family members has a sad moodlet.So I noticed it like 2 days later that my dog died.............. Is this a bug? Its incredibly disappointing.
  • Options
    Unia wrote: »
    Gonna hog this thread sorry, but anyone had problem with pets dying? My dog just died and there is literally no notification or what sort, the pet just turned to urn, and no family members has a sad moodlet.So I noticed it like 2 days later that my dog died.............. Is this a bug? Its incredibly disappointing.

Hello @Unia
    I am sorry that your dog died :'( Other simmers have posted that the same things have occurred in their game also with the death of their pet
  • Options
    UniaUnia Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Unia wrote: »
    >
    > Gonna hog this thread sorry, but anyone had problem with pets dying? My dog just died and there is literally no notification or what sort, the pet just turned to urn, and no family members has a sad moodlet.So I noticed it like 2 days later that my dog died.............. Is this a bug? Its incredibly disappointing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Unia
    > I am sorry that your dog died :'( Other simmers have posted that the same things have occurred in their game also with the death of their pet

Thanks!
  • Options
    Unia wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Unia wrote: »
    >
    > Gonna hog this thread sorry, but anyone had problem with pets dying? My dog just died and there is literally no notification or what sort, the pet just turned to urn, and no family members has a sad moodlet.So I noticed it like 2 days later that my dog died.............. Is this a bug? Its incredibly disappointing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Unia
    > I am sorry that your dog died :'( Other simmers have posted that the same things have occurred in their game also with the death of their pet

Thanks!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    SimsloverxXSimsloverxX Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey could someone plz help me?? So I just got cats and dogs yesterday for my birthday and I’m having some sort of a glitch or something. So whenever I go to create a dog (I did chow chow) the screen goes white like just a blank white screen! The game doesn’t crash or anything! The cursor is still there and so is the background music but the screens white! I’m just upset coz I was looking so forward to buying this ep and now i can’t even create my dog..
  • Options
    Hey could someone plz help me?? So I just got cats and dogs yesterday for my birthday and I’m having some sort of a glitch or something. So whenever I go to create a dog (I did chow chow) the screen goes white like just a blank white screen! The game doesn’t crash or anything! The cursor is still there and so is the background music but the screens white! I’m just upset coz I was looking so forward to buying this ep and now i can’t even create my dog..

Hello @SimsloverxX

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain,could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I discoverd a bug today with the medicine station for pets. My Sim was trying to create a medicine to calm down the pet before examination (dont' know the name of the medicine in english since I'm playing in German), and as she was half way done, she just stopped and standing there idle. I clicked "continue finishing the medicine, but at that state my Sim keeps resetting. If I chose the dismiss option and direct her to make a new one, same problem happens. I tried this at the Vet and on several home lots. Same problem.
    Does anyone dicovered that yet?
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I discoverd a bug today with the medicine station for pets. My Sim was trying to create a medicine to calm down the pet before examination (dont' know the name of the medicine in english since I'm playing in German), and as she was half way done, she just stopped and standing there idle. I clicked "continue finishing the medicine, but at that state my Sim keeps resetting. If I chose the dismiss option and direct her to make a new one, same problem happens. I tried this at the Vet and on several home lots. Same problem.
    Does anyone dicovered that yet?

Hello @LuvMySimz

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps

Try selling the crating stations, buy new ones and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks rose, I've already repaired the game and even resetted my Sims 4 Folders. I will try a new test save now.

• Options
    Just saw that I also have a lastException file about the object_vet_MedicineStation.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>4bf90e1281bb18115a167494</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-11-23 08:47:45</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.104.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>crafting_interactions.py:1686</categoryid><desyncid>4bf90e1281bb18115a167494</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'object_vet_MedicineStation_Items_NonAutonomousNonInventoryTreats' object has no attribute 'set_state') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1079, in _resume File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1096, in _call_finally File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1874, in <lambda> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1772, in callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1686, in _custom_claim_callback AttributeError: 'object_vet_MedicineStation_Items_NonAutonomousNonInventoryTreats' object has no attribute 'set_state' </desyncdata></report>