Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,641 Member
    Sorry I Couldn't Participate This Past Week........ ALL The Rooms WERE FAB!!! :D:D;)<3<3@rosemow I Will Have Time To Do This One I Think...... Happy Thanksgiving To All Whom Celebrate It!!!! <3<3<3 & You Rose!!! Beautiful Holiday For US American's!!! <3<3<3

Hello @TEXASTWANGTONYA :) Happy Thanksgiving to you also! :)
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @xraygrl2004 --- Lovely Room.......... Love how you put together an Artsy Room For Aaron With All His Memories With Athletics & Science SO CUTE :):)<3<3 Happy Thanksgiving..........! :D:D<3 & Thanks @rosemow <3<3
  • Options
    Congratulations on now becoming a full member ! @xraygrl2004 :) That is great! Happy simming!
    It was very nice reading the background details to Art Guest room, and learning that Aaron’s room is usually an art studio. The art decor items, pictures, paint tins and easel look great in the room to reflect what the room is usually used for. It is a special touch that his old childhood athletic and science trophies are on the bedhead wall shelf, and his pictures and posters are on the cork boards, S well as a sporting poster on the wall. The soccer themed bedside lamp is a nice touch, He will enjoy seeing these very special reminders of his childhood. The blue colour of the bedroom walls looks nice, and it is nice that there are large glass windows, that sims can usually enjoy painting in the sunshine on the easel near the windows. It looks great how the screen shade separates off the art area from the bed area.
    It is a very creatively nice converted art studio bedroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @TEXASTWANGTONYA for your lovely words! And thanks for all your help getting me to this point @rosemow!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Simmers out there! :smile:
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow and @TEXASTWANGTONYA for your lovely words! And thanks for all your help getting me to this point @rosemow!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Simmers out there! :smile:

You’re very welcome! @xraygrl2004 :) Happy Thanksgiving to you also! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The furnishing and design of Coming Home for Thanksgiving is very nice! @steskens :) It was great that it is usually an art and study room, and so the items could remain in the room but just moved aside. The art decor items look great in the corner nook, placed on the edges and bedhead wall of the bed! Her perfumes, the candles and the flowers on the wall shelf are pretty touches for her to see when laying in bed. The string lights look pretty! The stacks of books and the filing boxes look great on the floor, after having been moved to the side of the room when setting up the bedroom. The pumpkin is a great reminder of Halloween and Autumntime. Elizabeth will enjoy painting on the easel that remained in the room.The vase of nearby flowers are prety for her to see whilst painting. She will also enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The books are a nice touch on the desk top. The large kitten soft toy is very cute in the room! Very nice armchairs siting nook! She will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book from the bookshelves. The placement of the floor rugs looks very nice.
    It is a very nice bedroom for Elizabeth for the Thanksgiving time! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Theme for the week: A guest room for Thanksgiving
    Gallery name of room: Home For The Holiday's
    Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Pictures of the room:
    rlhQ6xu.png
    Pictures
    9SoNBxr.png
    2ZXBuLi.png
    R7gK6e5.png
    FVk3KJG.png

Story
    Elizabeth's mother chose to turn her beautiful study into a warm and welcoming guest bedroom for Elizabeth during her stay during the holiday. Since purchasing their new home, her mother was short on space and had to get very creative when it came to rearranging the furniture. She also dug out Elizabeth's old writing desk and quill to give a sense of nostalgia upon arriving.
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • Options
    Home for the Holidays is a very nice Thanksgiving bedroom for Elizabeth ! @Paigeotto :) The colour scheme is calming. It was very nice reading the background story of the room, and that it is usually a Study. It is a special touch that her Mother has brought back her old childhood writing desk and quill <3 Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting area! She will enjoy sitting relaxing in front of the fire reading a book. The cat plant, flowers and candles are nice homely touches on the drawers behind the chairs. Very nice corner books table nook! The books on the table top and under the table, and the family photo are nice touches there. The kitten animal toy is a very cute reminder of her childhood! The coat shelf is homely beside the door, and the fruit and scenery paintings add a very nice look to the room. Very nice windows bed alcove! She will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in onto her. The type of windows used looks very nice! The sunflowers are sunny in the room for Elizabeth to look at when in the bedroom.
    It is a very nice warming and welcoming bedroom for Elizabeth to come home to for the holidays ! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Guest Bedroom For Thanksgiving
    Gallery name of room: The Karaoke Room
    Origin id: TheRoseHorse123
    Notes: Green had always been Elizabeth's favorite color, and singing had always been one of her favorite things to do. They lived in a fancy house that had a karaoke room among other rooms. After Elizabeth moved out, it had barely been used. Thanksgiving came around, and Elizabeth and Aaron called home to tell their parents they were coming to visit for thanksgiving. Aaron's old bedroom was being used by their little brother, Micheal; and Elizabeth's old room was being used by their little sister, Lydia. Their mom decided to bring Elizabeth's old bed, dresser, toys, and ribbons into the karaoke room so she'd have a place to sleep. She had loved playing princess in her dollhouse as a child, but all they could find was the carriage and horse...they couldn't even find the connector. She had also been a big cat person, but her mom was allergic, so the best they could give her was a cat figurine.
    Pictures of the room:
    uGykVfi.png
    wBYa8PZ.png
    NT9xtLw.png
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    The background story details about the room are written so creatively well! @TheRoseHorse :) It was great reading the background to the room, that it used to be a karaoke room, and what the furnishing reflect. It is a very special bedroom for Elizabeth that will bring back many happy childhood memories <3 The chequered black and white flooring and red patterned walls looks very effective! It is great that the karaoke machine remains in the room. She will have fun doing one of her favourite things which is singing! It is nice that her old bed which is coloured with her favourite colour has been brought back into the room. The colourful ribbon rosettes are a nice touch on the wall. It is nice that her Mother found the horse and carriage from the dollhouse. It was nice that she had a cat figurine, instead of a real life cat due to the cat allergy that her Mother has,
    You have put a lot of work into the story details and reflecting it in the room! That is great! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge and I hope that you will enjoy entering future challenges also :)

• Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme For The Week: A Guest Bedroom For Thanksgiving
    Gallery Name of Room: Thanksgiving Guest Room
    Origin ID: madstar_gaming
    Notes: Aaron and Elizabeth's parents have downsized since the kids moved out, which means they are a little short on space this year. Elizabeth was able to sleep in the office, but Aaron has gotten stuck sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room. Aaron's mother knows that he doesn't just love her "grandma" style, but maybe his favorite bear from when he was little boy will make him feel more at home. That, or it will embarrass him greatly.
    Pictures of the Room:
    golqkMU.png

ZVrcdgI.png

usUEFbT.png

csbX5L4.png

yTtQbwp.png

(And yes, the bed is usable! I checked!)
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    The furnishing of Thanksgiving Room is very nice! @madelynsims95 :) It looks a very homely and warming living room!
    Aaron may just be happy that he is home and not be concerned about the “ grandmother ‘ style :) It is special that his childhood teddy is in the room <3 It is a great idea to have Aaron sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room! The design of the combination bed and sofa looks very creative! The display plates are a nice touch either sides of the scenic picture on the bedhead wall. The new sofa from the new Pets ep looks nice in the room and suits the room type well. The books are a nice touch on the side table for sims to read , and Aaron will like looking at the team photo there and remembering the time when he played sport as a child . The coat wall racks and family photos on the wall look nice and homely. The patterned floor rug adds a very nice look to the room, and plant is a nice touch of nature. Very nice blue armchair sitting nook in the corner of the room,
    It is very nice homely living room /sleeping area for Aaron! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge and I hope that you will enjoy entering future challenges also :)
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The furnishing of Thanksgiving Room is very nice! @madelynsims95 :) It looks a very homely and warming living room!
    Aaron may just be happy that he is home and not be concerned about the “ grandmother ‘ style :) It is special that his childhood teddy is in the room <3 It is a great idea to have Aaron sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room! The design of the combination bed and sofa looks very creative! The display plates are a nice touch either sides of the scenic picture on the bedhead wall. The new sofa from the new Pets ep looks nice in the room and suits the room type well. The books are a nice touch on the side table for sims to read , and Aaron will like looking at the team photo there and remembering the time when he played sport as a child . The coat wall racks and family photos on the wall look nice and homely. The patterned floor rug adds a very nice look to the room, and plant is a nice touch of nature. Very nice blue armchair sitting nook in the corner of the room,
    It is very nice homely living room /sleeping area for Aaron! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge and I hope that you will enjoy entering future challenges also :)

Thank you so much! You are very kind! :heart:
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2017
    Theme: A guest bedroom for Thanksgiving
    Room Type: Bedroom
    Gallery ID:Elizabeth's guest bedroom
    Room Size: 6x5
    Room Value: $25,953
    Gallery ID:Adoriyah's Gallery

Art Studio / Office & Temporary guest bedroom. The floor is usually covered in painting tarps & paints, but with the daughter coming home for Thanksgiving, we had to put up the tarps & lay out a cozy rug & give her a space to stay & sleep. I'm hoping that when I put her favorite unicorn out to welcome her home, it puts a smile on her face. ( & maybe she will ignore the closet :# )

0yiu3Nc.png
    k0lbY7j.png
    1aZIvHE.png
    (I know... it's a bit cluttered. With so much to get done before Thursday, I'm just happy i got a bed moved in there!!)
    RjwKz8O.png
    LaZiAWu.png
    6n1AqL2.png
    a0rfFsq.png

My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    edited November 2017
    I love this theme! It's been fun to see what people are coming up with!

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A room converted into a bedroom temporarily for Thanksgiving guests
    Gallery name of room : Pet Store Bedroom
    Origin id : carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery

Story: Elizabeth has come home to visit her parents for Thanksgiving, but there's not much room for guests since her parents started running a pet store out of their home. Oh, well--with a little rearranging, there's room to move in a bed and dresser, as well as a few mementos from Elizabeth's childhood. It's not the Ritz, but it'll do for a couple of days!

Pictures:

i5i4165.png

The pet store usually looks better than this! Everything's been consolidated in the front, to make room for Elizabeth to sleep in the back.
    tDWHKQO.png

Here's Elizabeth's little makeshift bedroom! She's got everything she might need: a bed, a dresser, a mirror, a clock, a lamp, some toiletries and some books.
    l27JqbF.png

The panda lamp, stars-and-moon rug and giant giraffe are favorite items from her childhood.
    CuIrVUY.png

aqt95jo.png

tUOOdy8.png

F520aw2.png
    Post edited by carolynrosser on
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    The furnishing of Elizabeth’s Guest Bedroom is very nice! @Adoriyah :) It is great that it is a combined art Studio /office and guest bedroom. Very nice bed area!The cluttered closet area where all the art decor item have been placed to make room for the bed looks very great! The curtains entrance to the closet looks very nice. The childhood unicorn looks cute on the towels on the bed! Elizabeth will enjoy using the slablet on the bedside table when in bed. The cherry blossom painting on the bedhead wall is very pretty for her to see when laying in bed and bedside table candle is calming. She will enjoy wakimg up to the sunshine coming in to the room through the windows, and it would be a very nice light filled room for painting on the easel normally. Very nice office study desk nook! She will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookshelf. The picture on the wall adds a nice look to the area. The fishbowl is a homely touch in the room. The floor rug that has been placed on the floor to replace the tarp looks very nice!
    It is a very nice guest bedroom for Elizabeth! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    You made me laugh when I looked at your entry for this week’s room challenge ! @carolynrosser :) I wasn’t expecting Elizabeth to need to have to sleep in a nook area in a pet store room! You are so very,very creative ! It is a very great different sleeping room for Thanksgiving ! Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! Elizabeth’s sleeping nook is very nice! It is nice that her favourite bedroom childhood items of the panda lamp, stars and moon floor rug and the cute giraffe are in the nook! The animal lights, animal prints, and cats and dogs wall calendars are nice touches on the wall. The clock and toiletries are homely touches. It looks nice how the screen shades separate off the bed area, The red coloured walls and wall tiling give a very nice look to the room. The furnishing of the pet store area of the room looks so very great! All the pet themed items look so very great how they are placed there! The waiter holding the pet bowl with the burger in it looks great! The pawprints look great on the floor! The pet treats and cat and dog plants are nice touches on the register counter.
    It is a very creatively designed pet store /bedroom! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much, @rosemow! It was a really fun room to build, and I'm glad I made you laugh! :smiley:
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,803 Member
    edited November 2017
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A room converted into a bedroom temporarily for Thanksgiving guests
    Gallery name of room : Dressmaker's Loft
    Origin id : luckyheather
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0A1BD1B1D05311E78527A7B3994392A6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes: The Fashion paintings are from Anfideya and they are supposed to be drawings by Elizabeths mother. The Little girl prints are by tiya33 and they are fave pictures of hers as the girls are dressing up. Elizabeth is artistic like her parents.

Story: Elizabeth's mother is a Dressmaker and her workroom is in the Loft and sometimes a Private customer would come for fittings as the Evening gown's and Wedding dresses are designed to fit perfect. So behind the screen and in front of mirrors the client can see if the fit is right. So as Elizabeth and her brother were coming to visit a few days her mum added another screened area for her bed and some favorite childhood things will make her feel at home again. Her journal has not been read for years so she will find her young thoughts amusing no doubt now she is an adult. Her father is a part time Piano teacher so that is why the attic became mothers workroom, plus more quiet and private for clients.

Pictures
    Pretty Screened area for Elizabeth and her suitscases
    uDTJU19.png

Gifts at the ready for her family
    TvalCxb.png

Elizabeth's Journal and desk
    7EDjFpt.png

Her mothers materiel and work table
    FgIgkHt.png

View towards Elizabeth's desk
    4LyenGX.png

Opposite the stairs
    qqbKuL3.png

Her mother's appointment desk
    VbakOjv.png

Dress design's
    ynb7Oq6.png

Overview of all the room
    3gG1WjW.png
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited November 2017
    Theme: A guest bedroom for Thanksgiving.
    Room Type: Bedroom.
    Gallery ID: Last Minute Decision.
    Room Size: 7x8
    Room Value: $16,164
    Gallery ID: Netxpre2

Notes:
    Elizabeth's parent's turned their large vanity/closet combo into a last minute bedroom for their daughter. Her mother was kind enough to get her childhood favorite stuffed teddy bear and a craft she made when she was in school out of the attic. She cleared off a shelf and put the items on top to make the space more homey for her.

Pictures:
    XMz9cRS.jpg
    92v7XEs.jpg
    Od9Z3IJ.jpg
    Bqc9wEs.jpg
    lnwAppi.jpg
    6hR4Kia.jpg
  • Options
    ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Guest Bedroom for Thanksgiving
    Gallery name of room : Store Away the Guests
    Origin id : ZKirian
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/68987B77D05E11E780DD05A57EEC9667
    Backstory: After Aaron and Elizabeth moved out, their parents downsized their home.... now finding room for everyone is a challenge come holiday times! Aaron is more easy going than his sister- so she got the guest bedroom upstairs and he got shuffled down to the basement cellar. Good ol' trusty air mattress. Hopefully the box TV from his old bedroom still works! He also has all his childhood sports trophies displayed to make the space more reminiscent of his old bedroom!

pidPn9j.png?2
    A lot of Aaron and Elizabeth's childhood memories are stored on these shelves...
    QngSYh3.png
    If he gets bored, he can use his mom's treadmill.... she doesn't! :wink:
    GWsKhkw.png

Some pics of Aaron.... wanted to playtest the space!
    GgQynop.png
    ciPKJIS.png
    WMPNKK3.png

"Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    @madelynsims95 congrats on your maxis fav!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    @madelynsims95 congrats on the Maxis fav!!!! Awesome room. Love the way you made the hideaway couch/bed.
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : Childhood Memories
    Origin id : MyFavoritedesign

KqWc6js.jpg
    lIRgr4I.jpg
    iZDMR4s.jpg
    NZTKSQI.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file