Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    DinocanidDinocanid Posts: 12 New Member
    I can't make a new thread about it, being new and all, but there is a weird bug with the vet clinic where you can't bill customers. (Action will automatically cancel) You can treat them like normal, but since you can't bill the owners they'll never leave, then they just stand around angrily.
    I think this is caused by buying the clinic while you're on the lot, and I fixed it by going home and back.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,613 Member
    Dinocanid wrote: »
    I can't make a new thread about it, being new and all, but there is a weird bug with the vet clinic where you can't bill customers. (Action will automatically cancel) You can treat them like normal, but since you can't bill the owners they'll never leave, then they just stand around angrily.
    I think this is caused by buying the clinic while you're on the lot, and I fixed it by going home and back.

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue.
    It was good that you have fixed it by going home, then back to the lot.
  • Options
    ZeepeXZeepeX Posts: 9 New Member
    Today when I started my game, my c button wouldnt work. i cant take screenshots or open the cheatcode bar. i tried the button out other places, and it works fine..
  • Options
    ZeepeX wrote: »
    Today when I started my game, my c button wouldnt work. i cant take screenshots or open the cheatcode bar. i tried the button out other places, and it works fine..

Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Yolee wrote: »
    >
    > OK This is my first Expac with SIms 4 and all I can say is that I am floored with the amount of issues I am experiencing. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MODS AS I DISABLED (and subsequently lost a ton of money) all of them and still had major issues.
    >
    > 1. Tried adopting a cat....adoption agent came to home and then began placing animal carriers all over the floor. No cat came out, they wont interact. DId this several times, reloaded game, etc. Nothing.
    >
    > 2. Now my SIM cant EAT! when I command her to eat she wont. Just goes to the fridge and takes out meal after meal and wont eat anything. When I command her to eat the command does stick.
    >
    > 3. Sim cant travel. Same thing as eating. I set the command to travel and nothing happens.
    >
    > Please ADVISE this is CRAZY! I also tried deleting caches and repairing game files...still have issues.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Yolee
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

THank you, that worked. :)
  • Options
    Yolee wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Yolee wrote: »
    >
    > OK This is my first Expac with SIms 4 and all I can say is that I am floored with the amount of issues I am experiencing. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MODS AS I DISABLED (and subsequently lost a ton of money) all of them and still had major issues.
    >
    > 1. Tried adopting a cat....adoption agent came to home and then began placing animal carriers all over the floor. No cat came out, they wont interact. DId this several times, reloaded game, etc. Nothing.
    >
    > 2. Now my SIM cant EAT! when I command her to eat she wont. Just goes to the fridge and takes out meal after meal and wont eat anything. When I command her to eat the command does stick.
    >
    > 3. Sim cant travel. Same thing as eating. I set the command to travel and nothing happens.
    >
    > Please ADVISE this is CRAZY! I also tried deleting caches and repairing game files...still have issues.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Yolee
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    > Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

THank you, that worked. :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    BlackDiamondxxxxBlackDiamondxxxx Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi

For reasons unknown, I've lost the ability to train or 'lecture' my pets. Cats and dogs, in all households.

I've tried removing all my mods and cc but the problem continues.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or know how to solve it because its really hard to play when you can't teach your dog to sit or your cat to stop scratching the furniture?

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi

For reasons unknown, I've lost the ability to train or 'lecture' my pets. Cats and dogs, in all households.

I've tried removing all my mods and cc but the problem continues.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or know how to solve it because its really hard to play when you can't teach your dog to sit or your cat to stop scratching the furniture?

Thanks

Hello @BlackDiamondxxxx
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    BlackDiamondxxxxBlackDiamondxxxx Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, after doing that and some testing, I've figured something out.

This is just an issue with existing pets. If I add new pets to the family, they are trainable.

So whatever this glitch is, its only affecting already existing pets at the moment. Might have to just recreate the pets. Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your help @rosemow
  • Options
    Ok, after doing that and some testing, I've figured something out.

This is just an issue with existing pets. If I add new pets to the family, they are trainable.

So whatever this glitch is, its only affecting already existing pets at the moment. Might have to just recreate the pets. Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your help @rosemow

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    DinocanidDinocanid Posts: 12 New Member
    Does anyone know how to save a breed you created? I remember one of the gurus tweeting that it's possible, but I can't seem to find a way.
  • Options
    jomekojomeko Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this has been happening since the latest patch or if it came with the new Pets pack, but ive had a few little issues. nothing game breaking, obviously, but its a surprise when your female sim uses the bathroom standing up. Or when your cat ( possibly a bug that came along with the new pack ) refuses to use its litterbox as if its not even there, constantly asking for one but like - hey, mr tiddles, ive bought four. Use em!
  • Options
    jomeko wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been happening since the latest patch or if it came with the new Pets pack, but ive had a few little issues. nothing game breaking, obviously, but its a surprise when your female sim uses the bathroom standing up. Or when your cat ( possibly a bug that came along with the new pack ) refuses to use its litterbox as if its not even there, constantly asking for one but like - hey, mr tiddles, ive bought four. Use em!

Hello
    With the female sim, check on the gender settings in cas to make sure that the right settings are chosen .
  • Options
    AelitaJezebelleAelitaJezebelle Posts: 5 New Member
    I just installed Cats and Dogs and adopted a dog, and now I can't find it!...It's tiny and white and hard to see anyways, but I looked all over the house multiple times with no sign of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I just installed Cats and Dogs and adopted a dog, and now I can't find it!...It's tiny and white and hard to see anyways, but I looked all over the house multiple times with no sign of it.

Hello
    Try using the whistle in the households menu bar to call the dog to you. You can also click on their photo to have the camera centre on them.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    myswtsinsmyswtsins Posts: 5 New Member
    Issue?
    During social events none of the "at the same time" goals register. I have tried making sure we are in a group, doing whatever the action is together (listening, dancing, playing etc.) and the counter always says at 0/3, doesn't even register my sim doing it. None of my searches turned up anyone with this particular issue (similar ones yes but slightly different and I tried all the workarounds I found) so here I am.

Steps you took for Issue to occur?
    1st time playing through the game, 1st age up I tried to throw a party

Where does the bug occur ?
    Tried making a new save/family, in different neighborhoods, different types of parties, different radios, different games, everything I could think of and issue persisted

Mods/CC
    Brand new install, no mods or CC ever

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Base game only

Occurring since
    Only starting playing right before the most recent patch and didn't try a party till after it so unsure if new patch caused it

Operating system
    Win 7 Ultimate SP1
  • Options
    myswtsins wrote: »
    Issue?
    During social events none of the "at the same time" goals register. I have tried making sure we are in a group, doing whatever the action is together (listening, dancing, playing etc.) and the counter always says at 0/3, doesn't even register my sim doing it. None of my searches turned up anyone with this particular issue (similar ones yes but slightly different and I tried all the workarounds I found) so here I am.

Steps you took for Issue to occur?
    1st time playing through the game, 1st age up I tried to throw a party

Where does the bug occur ?
    Tried making a new save/family, in different neighborhoods, different types of parties, different radios, different games, everything I could think of and issue persisted

Mods/CC
    Brand new install, no mods or CC ever

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Base game only

Occurring since
    Only starting playing right before the most recent patch and didn't try a party till after it so unsure if new patch caused it

Operating system
    Win 7 Ultimate SP1

Hello @myswtsins
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    It would be good to post your feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Party-Goals-not-fulfilling/m-p/6381164#M45229
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    This might just be some unrelated issue, but since I installed cats and dogs, the sims in my house seem to more often than not stop and not do anything. Not like they're frozen, just like the AI bugs out and they suddenly become zombies with no meaning or desires. This will last until I make them do something, then they'll snap out of it for a bit. Also, suddenly, after the new pack, my sims can walk through furniture. They've taken on half-corporeal form and walls, benches, now won't stop them from moving where they want to go. So they've both become MORE determined and stubborn, and yet has lost the basic need to live. It's a paradox.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This might just be some unrelated issue, but since I installed cats and dogs, the sims in my house seem to more often than not stop and not do anything. Not like they're frozen, just like the AI bugs out and they suddenly become zombies with no meaning or desires. This will last until I make them do something, then they'll snap out of it for a bit. Also, suddenly, after the new pack, my sims can walk through furniture. They've taken on half-corporeal form and walls, benches, now won't stop them from moving where they want to go. So they've both become MORE determined and stubborn, and yet has lost the basic need to live. It's a paradox.

Hello @ChrystalRubin
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try lowering your graphics settings, and the ingame screen resolution in game options to see if that helps

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
  • Options
    dragonskull2523dragonskull2523 Posts: 7 New Member
    Pretty much got all my mods figured out. Seeing some "regular" glitches though. Don't know if anyone else is seeing this. I can't jog or walk with my dog and I can fix food but I can't eat it. It doesn't even show up as a "to do" when I try to. It looks like a "regular" glitch meaning it "hops" when I try to do it.
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Not sure this is my game, although of course I'll try your suggestions. But I've never seen this stuff before C&D came out. Like just now; instead of walking around the garbage can, she squeezed in between it and the kitchen counter, which was right next to each other. So she shrunk into a skeleton to get past. On her way back, she walked through the dog, like it or she was a ghost. That's some really weird dodgy stuff I haven't seen in my game before.
  • Options
    Pretty much got all my mods figured out. Seeing some "regular" glitches though. Don't know if anyone else is seeing this. I can't jog or walk with my dog and I can fix food but I can't eat it. It doesn't even show up as a "to do" when I try to. It looks like a "regular" glitch meaning it "hops" when I try to do it.

Hello @dragonskull2523
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and test to see if the issues remain.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.

If you still have issues after doing these things, try moving the sims to another home. Test them eating there. Then have them move back to the original home and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    merinda27merinda27 Posts: 7 New Member
    @rosemow taking out alll my CC and putting it back in bit by bit worked. Thank you so much! :smiley:
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you so much for the help regarding my beds getting the error when placing, resetting the sims folder worked! however I was wondering how and if it was possible to get my old household out of the gallery? I can't find them :/