Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Neia wrote: »

So turning off auto-aging will make pets completely immortal? That’s ridiculous.

Hey SimGurus: Some of us play with aging OFF - and use the bday cake to age Sims manually. Eliminating that option for Pets is unacceptable. Could you not figure out how to make Pets work with the bday cake? Or is this just another one of those arcane decisions you guys seemingly always make?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

So turning off auto-aging will make pets completely immortal? That’s ridiculous.

Hey SimGurus: Some of us play with aging OFF - and use the bday cake to age Sims manually. Eliminating that option for Pets is unacceptable. Could you not figure out how to make Pets work with the bday cake? Or is this just another one of those arcane decisions you guys seemingly always make?

Please keep the discussion out of this thread, thanks! I don't want it to get sidetracked from being an info thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    For @drake_mccarty and everyone else wanting to discuss pet aging there is a thread here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926345/pets-and-aging#latest
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Dying for that Grilled Cheese head on the cat!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    Dying for that Grilled Cheese head on the cat!

Anybody else want one for their human sim, too?
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It feels like I say this about most new packs but this is my favorite one yet. Which is good since it means TS4 is steadily improving
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    It feels like I say this about most new packs but this is my favorite one yet. Which is good since it means TS4 is steadily improving

If you say that, it's because they keep getting better.
  • Options
    rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

If you say that, it's because they keep getting better.

In my opinion they're definitely improving. Not only that but it seems to me like they're listening more to our opinions than they've done in the past.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

You're entitled to your opinion. All my sims are immortal and I never age them. I don't think it's ridiculous.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

You're entitled to your opinion. All my sims are immortal and I never age them. I don't think it's ridiculous.

I was instructed to take my opinion elsewhere, but to respond it depends on whether you’re trying to make them immortal or not. Me having aging off isn’t meant to make sims immortal, but to give me total control over when they age/die/etc. Having the option to manually age Sims and not pets is ridiculous.
  • Options
    rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member

I was instructed to take my opinion elsewhere, but to respond it depends on whether you’re trying to make them immortal or not. Me having aging off isn’t meant to make sims immortal, but to give me total control over when they age/die/etc. Having the option to manually age Sims and not pets is ridiculous.

I do get your point, I liked doing that with my Sims 3 game. Maybe they'll add a cheat to let you age them manually. I think there was one for Sims 3, but I could be mistaken.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

I see what you mean, and I can imagine some player's stories might not go as smoothly as planned without the option to manually age them. I like my pets and sims being immortal because I put so much work into making them perfect, if they died I'd lose that work plus if they age there just isn't the time for them to do what I want them to, at the pace I want.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    I don't want my sims to be immortal, I just want to control when they age. This is possible with human sims, I just want it possible for pet sims, too.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Seriously people, respect the wishes of the OP and don't discuss anything here! I get the passion for the game, but I'm finding this quite rude.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I agree with @NickSims

The op doesn't want this discussion here so discuss it in the other thread provided.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Source that we can age up pets manually (thank God)

• Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    The stream has been going on for nearly an hour and we've barely seen any cat breeds so far. Cats & Dogs? More like Dogs & Dogs.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    it's spelled like Dachshund :smile: . I love the stream, it shows a lot of cool stuff.
    The CAP is reaaaally innovative.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »
    The stream has been going on for nearly an hour and we've barely seen any cat breeds so far. Cats & Dogs? More like Dogs & Dogs.

I *think* I just heard them say they'll go back to cats in a few.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I *think* I just heard them say they'll go back to cats in a few.

Yeah, it took them a while. They had to apologize because people - myself included - were getting annoyed.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I thought they said dogs couldn't improve in agility, the training improvement went to the sim, not the pet, they could get better but it wasn't a skill for them?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top