Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I'm all caught up so I can answer questions! Let me just say I've really enjoyed your story so far. I love the way you write and have the pace your story is going. It was like binging a great show on Netflix, I was craving more when I was done :)
    Which character would you most like to meet in real life? What questions would you ask them?
    Besides the fact that he's a hunk I would like to meet Jay. I thought he was just going to be this pretty playboy thay only wanted one thing from Willow. But he completely surprised me. I would ask him how he thought his life would have been different if Willow hadn't left? I'm also curious why he decided to be a police officer.

Which chapter or part of the story is your favorite and why?
    I really liked the chapter where Jay took Willow to the police station. We got to see so many different sides of the characters. Like Jays sweet side and his way with kids. This chapter was the first time I saw Jay truly caring for Willow without an alterier motive. I was shocked to find out who the murderer was though I don't believe he really is the killer.

What do you think Willow's life would have been like if her parents hadn't died?
    I think she would still be in San Myshuno cutting her ties with her old life. What happened to her parents was horrible but its given her a chance to rebuild relationships that he deemed most important at one time in her life.

Which character is your least favorite and why?
    I'm not a big fan of Christina. I can see her becoming the type of person that makes everything all about her. She told Willow she'd be there for her no matter what. However when Willow really needed her after seeing her parents killer she could put aside their fight and be there for there for her.

What do you think is going to happen in the legacy? It can be a prediction for this generation or next.
    As I said before I think we'll find out Carson is not the reallt murderer and sadly I think it's someone thay Willow knows. I also see a love triangle between Willow, Jay, and Christopher forming as well as some baby mama drama from Jays soon to be ex wife.

Thank you so much for the compliments @swcheppes! I worry a lot about pacing since I know that it is very easy to lose readers due to slower plots but I also didn't want to just jump past a lot of stuff. <3
    Since your questions don't really require any spoilers for the plot, I'll have Jay answer them for you!

Oa6MrkW.png

"How would my life be different if Willow never left? I'd hope we'd be married. Her parents wouldn't have been thrilled, but Willow and I never cared much about their opinions on our relationship anyway. Jason wouldn't be born... and while he's the best thing that ever happened to me, I'd hope we'd have our own little man or baby girl. As for why I became a police officer... it was mostly to keep myself out of trouble. Before I met Willow I was on my way to a life in prison. She really helped me pull myself together and showed me that I was worthy of more than just negative attention. When she left I fell back into old habits, but Jason was the light out of the tunnel the second time. I wanted to be a good role model for my son, something I never had growing up, and being a police officer seemed like the perfect fit."

:smile:

I love your predictions as well!
    xJojox wrote: »
    @Arrowleaf - Your answers.
    Which character would you most like to meet in real life? What questions would you ask them? Even though Christopher is young ... (but legal LOL) he is pixel hot. His eyes are beautiful and his accent sounds intriguing in the story because you manage to bring it out still. I like his cute and innocent nature. It's appealing to me.

Which chapter or part of the story is your favourite and why? Probably Willow and his first kiss. It was so adorable. I kind of hoped for it at first then thought it wouldn't happen. But you didn't drag it out ... thankfully which i was happy about. Secondly Was the anger you portrayed in 'him' ... that was really clever and i could feel how angry Willow was.

What do you think Willow's life would have been like if her parents hadn't died? She does come off as still a level headed girl despite her tragedy. There seems days where she seems a little lower than the next. But maybe she would have stayed in college and did something else. But then again she is a country girl, maybe she would have ended up the same?

Which character is your least favourite and why? Most characters are likeable though really, none of them have any bad personalities. Naturally i don't like that kid who killed her parents! But there is some still some answers to be had here.

What do you think is going to happen in the legacy? It can be a prediction for this generation or next. Hmmm its hard to say really, plum is right in between the possibility of two men. And i actually like both of them a lot. I don't really mind who she chooses at this stage, even though the see-saw does lean a little more towards Chris. But ... a life with Jay would be cool as well because it would be cool to see Willow become a mother figure to Jason.

@xJojox Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and read. I really appreciate it and enjoyed your view of the characters and the predictions you have for the story!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @TheoriesofHappiness, @Yushika

@TheoriesofHappiness and @Yushika haven't posted in a long time. @TheoriesofHappiness hasn't posted in our circle since June 24th, and @Yushika hasn't posted since June 13th. I am hoping we hear from you soon (and I know summer is busy) but we are trying to nurture an active circle here, and we request that people post at least once a month to be considered active. If you are unable to participate, I would respectfully ask that you let me know and we will make space for someone who does have time. Otherwise, based on past practices, I think it's best to remove these two and open up the circle for new readers/writers, if that's what the circle wants.

We're about to discuss Yushika's story, and I'm thinking if we don't hear from Yushika, maybe we should move on. However, @friendsfan367 is next on the discussion list, and I don't want to pressure you friendsfan to discuss your story if you aren't ready given everything that's going on in your life so let me know. If you aren't ready, we can move onto @swcheppes and rearrange the reading schedule.

Thoughts from the circle?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf

Which character would you most like to meet in real life? What questions would you ask them? I would love to meet the protagonist, Willow. I think she's a sweet, thoughtful, intelligent young woman who has a lot going for her. I suppose I would ask her about her childhood, and what prompted her decision to leave.

Which chapter or part of the story is your favorite and why? Honestly, I love the scenes between Christopher and Willow. He is such a sweetheart, and a gentle soul. I love how comfortable their relationship feels, and how much of a gentleman he is. From their first meeting on her front porch in chapter 3 to his helping her at the family farm and her cute little Freudian slip, I knew I would like him. I loved the scene when he showed up at her house for their first date in a tie. This image says it all...
    04-18-17_6-51-18c2a0pm.png?w=656
    And their first kiss was also a favorite scene of mine.

What do you think Willow's life would have been like if her parents hadn't died? Much different, I would imagine. Perhaps she wouldn't have come home and would've stayed at San Myshuno, and this story would have a very different start. She might not have chosen to come back and run her parents farm. However, if she did, she would probably be caring for aging parents and still making amends with Christina and Jay and the likes.

Which character is your least favorite and why? I'm a little miffed at Christina right now. She isn't being a good friend after Willow discovered who her parents' killer was. I would've hoped Christina would have been a bit more understanding, and willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Plus she "spread rumors" about Willow and Jay to her brother and Willow's boyfriend which doesn't sit well with me.

What do you think is going to happen in the legacy? It can be a prediction for this generation or next.
    It's hard to say. You could take it so many different ways.

Willow could choose to stay with Jay... hopefully after he officially divorces his wife... and have a premade family since he has a kiddo. Jay would help her cope and get justice for her parent's killer, but I think they would also want to attempt some kind of relationship with the young man since they were researching restorative justice. If she stayed with Jay though, I wonder if she would move in with him and abandon her parent's farm or if he would move in with her. I definitely foresee drama between Jay and his wife and Willow.

She could also smooth things over with Christopher and let go of Jay so he could go reconcile with his wife. Topher has already helped her out on her parent's farm and I think he would be a sweet, caring companion for her throughout her life. Regardless, I think she will try and reconcile with the kid that killed her parents, and maybe help him out a little since he does have a little sibling. Hopefully, we'll learn his motivations and what prompted him to kill her parents. I have a feeling more is at work here.

Since this is a differences in a family tree legacy, I do imagine Willow having a child that might want to take over the farm, but chooses otherwise. Since the description page says
    “I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great”
    I'm leaning toward her choosing Christopher, since I don't see Jay as a farmer, but that's my opinion.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @TheoriesofHappiness, @Yushika

@TheoriesofHappiness and @Yushika haven't posted in a long time. @TheoriesofHappiness hasn't posted in our circle since June 24th, and @Yushika hasn't posted since June 13th. I am hoping we hear from you soon (and I know summer is busy) but we are trying to nurture an active circle here, and we request that people post at least once a month to be considered active. If you are unable to participate, I would respectfully ask that you let me know and we will make space for someone who does have time. Otherwise, based on past practices, I think it's best to remove these two and open up the circle for new readers/writers, if that's what the circle wants.

We're about to discuss Yushika's story, and I'm thinking if we don't hear from Yushika, maybe we should move on. However, @friendsfan367 is next on the discussion list, and I don't want to pressure you friendsfan to discuss your story if you aren't ready given everything that's going on in your life so let me know. If you aren't ready, we can move onto @swcheppes and rearrange the reading schedule.

Thoughts from the circle?

when i saw the schedule i was kind of afraid that would happen.i don't want to go right now because tuesday i'm gone pretty much all day for the funeral.
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I think everything you have said sounds good. I'm on board.

Also I'm ok doing my story next given all the circumstances.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 - With our out of action members, i think that its a good time to move on to our active ones. Since @friendsfan367 is going through some personal issues at the moment, i think it's a good time to move onto @swcheppes because she is up to it.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Sounds good to me as well.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited August 2017
    I am for finding new active members + moving on to @swcheppes .
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    @swcheppes The last thing I did before bed last night was read a chapter or two in Super Dating. I fell asleep before I could comment. I had a dream that Chris Evans/Captain America was sitting behind me on an airplane. I chattered so much that the woman sitting next to me offered to trade seats with him so she could get some sleep. I forgot my dinner and only had half a scone so Chris/Cap offered to buy me dinner when we landed. That's all I remember. Lol. I was really hoping for that dinner. Thought I'd share. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    On that note, we'll move onto @swcheppes' Super Dating story tomorrow.

Last day for @Arrowleaf's Landon Legacy. Final thoughts from readers or final questions/ comments from the author?

I'll post an updated schedule and advertise for readers again when I'm on my computer.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 i love when i can remember dreams. I don't dream often ... i had a dream about a week ago about everything on my wedding day going wrong. I had a dream that my dress was washed and it went orange and that i had my sister in law did my makeup and all my foundation was the wrong tone and i looked dark and i didn't want to offend her by telling it was bad ... and she was putting this purple lipstick on me. It was horrible because it felt believable.

I'm caught up on everyones story i think ... i can't wait to read @swcheppes story :)
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 i love when i can remember dreams. I don't dream often ... i had a dream about a week ago about everything on my wedding day going wrong. I had a dream that my dress was washed and it went orange and that i had my sister in law did my makeup and all my foundation was the wrong tone and i looked dark and i didn't want to offend her by telling it was bad ... and she was putting this purple lipstick on me. It was horrible because it felt believable.

I'm caught up on everyones story i think ... i can't wait to read @swcheppes story :)

i once had a job i hated and one morning i had a dream about a new job but before i could find out what it was mom woke me up.
  • Options
    Sorry I had a bridal shower but I will get you guys some questions about my story in a little bit :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @friendsfan367, @Arrowleaf, @swcheppes

Due to no response, I am removing @TheoriesofHappiness and @Yushika from our reading circle. They would be welcome to come back if they decide to be active in our circle. I updated the front page and I'll inform CT and the reading circles main thread and advertise open spots. Or we can leave it the size we are now. It's up to you all.

And we will move onto @swcheppes Super Dating story (which is awesome... I binge read it... so I'm looking forward to discussion). The official reading/discussion starts today. @friendsfan367 I put you next on the rotation August 20th-September 2nd but if you need longer, please let me know and I totally understand. :)

Also I left the other dates open and we'll decide who goes where based on if there's any interest in the circle; otherwise, after friendsfan, I would be next again based on the original schedule.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry I had a bridal shower but I will get you guys some questions about my story in a little bit :)

@swcheppes No worries. Take your time. Did you enjoy the bridal shower? :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Welcome to a week of Superheroes as we discuss my story Super Dating! First off I want to thank you guys for taking the time to read my story. As you all know writing simlit can be difficult. We face writers block and self doubt. But it's the people like you guys that make it all worth it. To have you work liked by your peers is really an amazing feeling! I'm not sure how many know this but Super Dating is sort of my autobiography. Of course things have been changed (no I've never dated a mega hot celebrity) but everything this Erin has felt is a feeling I've had at some point in my life. It's sort of cathartic to be able to write about your own insecurities and fears. It's even more amazing having people relate to them. So once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my story.

I want this week to be as open as possible. If you have question, a comment, a critique please feel free to share it. I want to hear everything. That includes if there was something in my story you didn't like or something you felt didn't mesh well with everything. We can only get better by learning from our mistakes. Though this may not be the advice that Erin follows all the time in the story ;)

Here are a few questions to get this week started! I've put them in the spoiler for those who may not have finished reading yet. I can't wait to see the answers and get this discussion rolling!
    -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story
    -Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes?
    -Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?
    -Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?
    -For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?
    -Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

@swcheppes No worries. Take your time. Did you enjoy the bridal shower? :)

It was nice! Especially the fact that I got a break from having a toddler hanging on me all day :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome to a week of Superheroes as we discuss my story Super Dating! First off I want to thank you guys for taking the time to read my story. As you all know writing simlit can be difficult. We face writers block and self doubt. But it's the people like you guys that make it all worth it. To have you work liked by your peers is really an amazing feeling! I'm not sure how many know this but Super Dating is sort of my autobiography. Of course things have been changed (no I've never dated a mega hot celebrity) but everything this Erin has felt is a feeling I've had at some point in my life. It's sort of cathartic to be able to write about your own insecurities and fears. It's even more amazing having people relate to them. So once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my story.

I want this week to be as open as possible. If you have question, a comment, a critique please feel free to share it. I want to hear everything. That includes if there was something in my story you didn't like or something you felt didn't mesh well with everything. We can only get better by learning from our mistakes. Though this may not be the advice that Erin follows all the time in the story ;)

Here are a few questions to get this week started! I've put them in the spoiler for those who may not have finished reading yet. I can't wait to see the answers and get this discussion rolling!
    -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story
    -Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes?
    -Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?
    -Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?
    -For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?
    -Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?

i'll start reading tonight. my upstairs neighbors insist on vaccuming right now.

thank you for switching with me. i'm going to play so i can cacth up the story.
  • Options

i'll start reading tonight. my upstairs neighbors insist on vaccuming right now.

thank you for switching with me. i'm going to play so i can cacth up the story.

No worries at all.

Don't feel pressured to read my story. I know you are going through a lot. Take care of yourself, my story will be here when you're ready :::hugs::: <3
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Its next in my to do list. Ive binged everyones story recently and finished them ...
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi, everyone! It's me... your local Erin #fangirl#1! :)

@swcheppes has invited me to crash join your circle this week, because I'm such a huge fan of Super Dating! Hope the rest of you don't mind my popping in here! (I know my sissy won't mind! <3)

Here are my responses to the first round f questions! :)

I love Erin so much! I loved her from the first lines:
    A good writer once told me write what you know. What I know are comic books and boys. In my case those two usually go hand and hand. They also told me to start at the beginning. So here I go.

First, every writer immediately feels affinity with other writers, right? And we've all heard that advice--but to follow it up with comic books was just SO delicious to me! :) And I love that, for Erin, comic books and boys go hand in hand. I'm getting a real good picture of who Erin is, and she feels like a cousin! I'm ready for the heart-to-hearts!

She's definitely relatable to me--a lot of it comes from the not-too-glamorous style of telling the story. It's honest and forthright. That draws me right in!

I definitely don't agree with how she handles most of the situations! But then I'm an ace, so I'm going to have a very different perspective on dating, guys, and friendships with guys. When she writes about her platonic friend--the one with whom there's no se.xual attraction--then I relate so well! I'm like, "Yeah! That's the kind of relationship I understand!" :) The rest of the time, I don't really relate, but I respect and accept! I really did often think of my cousin, whom I respect so much, and who approaches many things very differently than I do. But that's part of what drew me to her when we were kids: I loved to hear her perspective because a) she was honest with me and withheld nothing, and b) her perspective was different, so I got new insights into being a person! It was neat. And I feel that same type of friendship from the narrator of Super Dating. Honest confidences.

I think it really could work with anything nerdy... I think that anything that the writer knew in depth and detail would work. Like if I were to do it (well, it wouldn't be a dating story--but maybe a friendship story or a fangirl story?), I'd want to replace comic books with classical music and classical musicians! Lang Lang! (OK... maybe it could be a dating story! LOL!)

I think the joy for me was to get really deep insights into another subculture--so I really don't care which one. I just want to see those insights!

I'm substituting "befriend," "hang out with," "ignore":

Befriend - Jason Momoa! I love him. I think he would be fun to go on hikes with.

Hang out with - Henry!

Ignore: Chris Hemsworth! Which one is he, anyway?

Lilith is awesome! Just keep her out of the sun during Spice Festival! (Seriously--Lilith always gets burned in my games!)

I think she's OK for Erin. Erin is smart enough that she can use a friend or two like Lilith. She might goof off a bit, but she won't slide into self-destruction. And Lilith seemed to have a sassy feminist stance that I really liked! I felt she was very good for Erin, and I'd love to see her continue to be a friend to help Erin develop her independence... I also think that through her friendship with Lilith, she'll start to develop some healthy boundaries--in part because she'll need them! :)

-For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my main characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?

Oh, it's so interesting that you'd mention this! I noticed this so much, but up until you mentioned it, it was pretty subconscious for me! Now, I'm remembering that every time I'd read a chapter, I'd be so excited to see what Erin would be wearing! :)

I never consciously said to myself, "I wonder what she'll wear!" But I remember now that it was one of the first things I looked for!

I think she's gorgeous, by the way. A real natural, relaxed, authentic--and even vulnerable--style.

I love how in the story, all the guys are attracted to her. And she just accepts it as a natural outcome of who she is!

Yeah, sometimes she's insecure, but that combination of traits she has is totally irresistible, and I loved how this was taken for granted as part of the story!

I don't know. I don't really care, actually. For me, the whole dating thing is the context and the filler! I just like hanging out with Erin and listening to her talk about life! She can choose anybody and she'll be both happy and miserable! Just keep writing, sharing your thoughts and insights, and I'm a happy reader!

By the way, @swcheppes ! I really think you should share those two photos of yourself that you shared in The Fringe so that everyone can see how much Erin looks like you! :)

And does she act like you in-game, too?

My SimSelf sometimes really surprises me by acting exactly the way I'd act--and of course, I'm originally from Northern California, so the gestures and accents match mine (same culture).

But I often wonder about other people's SimSelves, if they act like them and sound like them in game...

Thanks for letting me crash your party, everyone! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Hey, @Cathytea :) I actually follow you on Twitter lol! Welcome to the Circle!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

@swcheppes has invited me to crash join your circle this week, because I'm such a huge fan of Super Dating! Hope the rest of you don't mind my popping in here! (I know my sissy won't mind! <3)

A good writer once told me write what you know. What I know are comic books and boys. In my case those two usually go hand and hand. They also told me to start at the beginning. So here I go.

First, every writer immediately feels affinity with other writers, right? And we've all heard that advice--but to follow it up with comic books was just SO delicious to me! :) And I love that, for Erin, comic books and boys go hand in hand. I'm getting a real good picture of who Erin is, and she feels like a cousin! I'm ready for the heart-to-hearts!

She's definitely relatable to me--a lot of it comes from the not-too-glamorous style of telling the story. It's honest and forthright. That draws me right in!

I definitely don't agree with how she handles most of the situations! But then I'm an ace, so I'm going to have a very different perspective on dating, guys, and friendships with guys. When she writes about her platonic friend--the one with whom there's no se.xual attraction--then I relate so well! I'm like, "Yeah! That's the kind of relationship I understand!" :) The rest of the time, I don't really relate, but I respect and accept! I really did often think of my cousin, whom I respect so much, and who approaches many things very differently than I do. But that's part of what drew me to her when we were kids: I loved to hear her perspective because a) she was honest with me and withheld nothing, and b) her perspective was different, so I got new insights into being a person! It was neat. And I feel that same type of friendship from the narrator of Super Dating. Honest confidences.

I think it really could work with anything nerdy... I think that anything that the writer knew in depth and detail would work. Like if I were to do it (well, it wouldn't be a dating story--but maybe a friendship story or a fangirl story?), I'd want to replace comic books with classical music and classical musicians! Lang Lang! (OK... maybe it could be a dating story! LOL!)

I think the joy for me was to get really deep insights into another subculture--so I really don't care which one. I just want to see those insights!

Befriend - Jason Momoa! I love him. I think he would be fun to go on hikes with.

Hang out with - Henry!

Lilith is awesome! Just keep her out of the sun during Spice Festival! (Seriously--Lilith always gets burned in my games!)

I think she's OK for Erin. Erin is smart enough that she can use a friend or two like Lilith. She might goof off a bit, but she won't slide into self-destruction. And Lilith seemed to have a sassy feminist stance that I really liked! I felt she was very good for Erin, and I'd love to see her continue to be a friend to help Erin develop her independence... I also think that through her friendship with Lilith, she'll start to develop some healthy boundaries--in part because she'll need them! :)

-For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my main characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?

Oh, it's so interesting that you'd mention this! I noticed this so much, but up until you mentioned it, it was pretty subconscious for me! Now, I'm remembering that every time I'd read a chapter, I'd be so excited to see what Erin would be wearing! :)

I never consciously said to myself, "I wonder what she'll wear!" But I remember now that it was one of the first things I looked for!

I think she's gorgeous, by the way. A real natural, relaxed, authentic--and even vulnerable--style.

I love how in the story, all the guys are attracted to her. And she just accepts it as a natural outcome of who she is!

Yeah, sometimes she's insecure, but that combination of traits she has is totally irresistible, and I loved how this was taken for granted as part of the story!

I don't know. I don't really care, actually. For me, the whole dating thing is the context and the filler! I just like hanging out with Erin and listening to her talk about life! She can choose anybody and she'll be both happy and miserable! Just keep writing, sharing your thoughts and insights, and I'm a happy reader!

By the way, @swcheppes ! I really think you should share those two photos of yourself that you shared in The Fringe so that everyone can see how much Erin looks like you! :)

My SimSelf sometimes really surprises me by acting exactly the way I'd act--and of course, I'm originally from Northern California, so the gestures and accents match mine (same culture).

But I often wonder about other people's SimSelves, if they act like them and sound like them in game...

i thought i told you about it. but glad your here.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hang out with - Henry!

Love the answers! I can get into them a little more when I know everyone's read (I don't want to spoil anything)

These are the images @CathyTea were talking about from the other thread. We were talking about hair colors. Yes Erin is my simself so here's her inspiration! The teal is my current hair.

faeeVMZm.jpgOiLRmLUm.jpg
    suRdkSd.jpg