Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Welcome!
    (Image is linked to Story and Discussion is below Spoiler Tab)
    divasd.jpg
    Here are some questions to get the discussion started!

1. Who is your Favorite Character and why?

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout?

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run?

i still have to start. some fonts are hard for me to read . but ilike being part of this group because i learn so much about writing.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member

i still have to start. some fonts are hard for me to read . but ilike being part of this group because i learn so much about writing.

If the font is hard for you to read you can copy and paste it into a word doc or into google docs (or whatever writing software you use) and change the font to something that is easier to read. That's what I had to do.

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »

If the font is hard for you to read you can copy and paste it into a word doc or into google docs (or whatever writing software you use) and change the font to something that is easier to read. That's what I had to do.

the story comes up on my kindle so i can start tonight. but thanks i didn't know that.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Questions answered :D

This was a fun read. I will admit I love that it was on the shorter size that way I could participate in the discussion.

Kara was my favorite character. I felt like she was the most genuine of the 4 women. She knew who she was and didn't let what others thought of her effect her. I wish we had gotten to know a little bit more about her though. Maybe if there's a second story you can focus on her a little more. I love's that Tae's son had a crush on her <3

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout?

I feel like it didn't change much. Morgana kind of came off like a word that rhymes with witch from the beginning. She seemed almost jealous of Jennifer. That emotion seemed to intensify when Jennifer and Tae started to get closer. I think Morgana was taking out her troubles on those around her. I don't see them being friends in the future at all.

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run?

I would have Erin from my story meet Jennifer. I think the two have a few things in common. They both seem to want to please people and have good intentions even if the outcome isn't always pretty. I actually think they would become good friends. Jennifer can get advice from her about her work issues and Erin can get advice regarding her boy problems.

@swcheppes Thank you!
    My stories are short and game driven and unless there's a death, never ending like the game lol. I'm sure we'll see more of Kara. She one of my favorite sims. I liked the way you described Morgana lol. I don't think I'd like her as a boss myself! I will respond to your answer to #3 I just want to see how everyone has answered. Thanks again for your feedback.
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    @Simcraft81

1. At what point do you think things went downhill with Jennifer and Morgana?

Hint: Aren't friendships about talking to each other?

From the story, I would assume it went down hill around the time the death occurred at the party. I think Morgana may have been hurt that Jennifer 'ignored' her when she called since they both had just experienced something that can be quite traumatic. Morgana, as we find out later, doesn't really seem to have a support system in place (like Jennifer does) so the fact that she reached out to the only available person she knew for comfort and was blown off probably stung pretty badly (even though Jennifer didn't seem to think of it this way).

2. Did you see any signs of them still having respect for each other (before the alleged woo-hoo drama)?

Yes, when Jennifer got promoted again. There was a moment when they crossed paths where they both just kind of smiled and nodded as if they still cared and respected each other at that point in time even though they had already had their differences.
    You nailed it :) I didn't expect her to get demoted while i was playing but I was determined to make it work in the story and ended up giving the two characters a little respect for each other. As for the friendship going downhill, I wanted readers to think about how Morgana may have felt when she didn't get an answer on the phone.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 and @Arrowleaf do I need to increase the font size on this story? What about the style?
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited July 2017
    @simcraft81 - your answers.
    1. Who is your Favorite Character and why? Well obviously Jennifer. She is the center of the story and you seem to know a little more about what's going on with her life to identify with. The other 'side characters' don't discuss too much about them to have them as a favourite UNLESS your going to go with Morgana. In this story i believe Morgana is a villian? Of sorts .. I'm a good guy kinda girl! Butt as far as Jennifer goes, i like her drive and determination for her dreams/wants.

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout? Justified i guess. But i didn't see their relationship change dramatically either. I think the fight would have to be more intense for it to do any real damage. But being that there was a 'fight' I don't see these guys being friends. Because it started out as Morgana dominating, to Jennifer wanting to dominate in the end and achieving it.

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run? LOL OMG. Abby VS Morgana lol. Abby the drama queen it would be like a toxic combo of b*tches :) haha. Their first meeting would possibly be okay but eventually i could see it turning sour.
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    @simcraft81 - your answers.
    1. Who is your Favorite Character and why? Well obviously Jennifer. She is the center of the story and you seem to know a little more about what's going on with her life to identify with. The other 'side characters' don't discuss too much about them to have them as a favourite UNLESS your going to go with Morgana. In this story i believe Morgana is a villian? Of sorts .. I'm a good guy kinda girl! Butt as far as Jennifer goes, i like her drive and determination for her dreams/wants.

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout? Justified i guess. But i didn't see their relationship change dramatically either. I think the fight would have to be more intense for it to do any real damage. But being that there was a 'fight' I don't see these guys being friends. Because it started out as Morgana dominating, to Jennifer wanting to dominate in the end and achieving it.

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run? LOL OMG. Abby VS Morgana lol. Abby the drama queen it would be like a toxic combo of b*tches :) haha. Their first meeting would possibly be okay but eventually i could see it turning sour.

Thanks, @xjojox A follow up question below for you and The Circle of course :)
    Jennifer is definitely the center of the story and the way you described Morgana was how I intended. She does come off as the villain but I also put in little clues that may've played a factor in becoming that way. At the beginning, she wasn't as much of how @swcheppes said 'the word that rhymes with witch' lol She came off as a straight forward boss. That's why I mentioned the small bit of respect after Jennifer worked her way back up for a promotion. So far I think the circle agrees that Morgana was jealous which is a good point... but what do you all think of Morgana perhaps noticing Jennifer's determination slipping after befriending Tae...or having too much fun at the office and the demotion was a way of pushing Jennifer and getting her back to where she was?
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 , in that case then perhaps it was a good move to get her back into gear :) Lets just hope jennifer was an all round better boss and learnt a thing or two.
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 , in that case then perhaps it was a good move to get her back into gear :) Lets just hope jennifer was an all round better boss and learnt a thing or two.

Oh jealousy could still be in the cards lol! I wanted readers to consider both sides :)
  • Options
    New Video With 2 Songs I made! Check it out :)
    day%2Bin%2Bthe%2Blife%2Bthumb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @friendsfan367 and @Arrowleaf do I need to increase the font size on this story? What about the style?

i'll start monday. i was using my computer to help mom with dad stuff this week. he has cancer and its now made him soo weak he needs a hospital bed so i was checking the sheets shipped from amazon. moms life now revolves around treatments and dr appointments so i'm trying my best to help.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Welcome!
    (Image is linked to Story and Discussion is below Spoiler Tab)
    divasd.jpg
    Here are some questions to get the discussion started!

@Simcraft81 Finally have a few moments on my work/ school trip to answer some questions.
    1. Favorite character and why? Jennifer. I think she has grit and determination, but she's also kind and tries to be a peacemaker and to support her friends. But she also knows what she wants and needs. One of the most significant lines this time around reading was when Jennifer decides to ignore a call from Morgana after the death at the neighborhood pool and goes to snuggle with Pablo her husband in bed. She needed that comfort and she took care of herself.

2. Before the fallout, I think the relationship was typical boss and employee, maybe a little distant. It only widened as Morgana seemed to alienate herself from everyone. After it seemed Morgana was even colder and harder on her employees.

3. It's interesting because Jennifer makes an appearance in my story as a powerhouse woman, wife, and foster mom so I see some similar traits here too. She's a bit of a mom figure to Kass, my MC, and she is a mom figure to Gage. And she influences both of them. Perhaps if this universe Jennifer met my other universe Jennifer or if she met up with Kass, she could continue to be a mentor figure.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry for the weird formatting everyone. I'm on my phone. A reminder we start @Arrowleaf's reading/ discussion on Sunday. I just wanted to do a check-in and see where everyone is at. Right now I'm in a happy passenger in a van driving on a rainy day through the mountains. Since it's been so hot, it feels refreshing. Share one thing about your day.

@xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika, @friendsfan367, @swcheppes, @TheoriesOfHappiness

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry for the weird formatting everyone. I'm on my phone. A reminder we start @Arrowleaf's reading/ discussion on Sunday. I just wanted to do a check-in and see where everyone is at. Right now I'm in a happy passenger in a van driving on a rainy day through the mountains. Since it's been so hot, it feels refreshing. Share one thing about your day.

@xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika, @friendsfan367, @swcheppes, @TheoriesOfHappiness

i forgot about it dads health took a turn for the worse this week he can't climb stairs and mom is talking to a va nurse whose setting up at home care.

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

I'm on my way to Target to spend a lot more money then I should ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »

I'm on my way to Target to spend a lot more money then I should ;)

i did that at target yesterday. then target also has starbucks so my reason for buying starbucks is i'm over what i meant to spend anyway whats 5 more dollars.
  • Options
    I going for a drive might pick up some movies.
  • Options
    Omg people. .. want to celebrate. ..
    I made a milestone if 150 chapters yey
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited July 2017
    Omg people. .. want to celebrate. ..
    I made a milestone if 150 chapters yey

Congrats! That's a huge milestone!

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    @xJojox Congrats on your milestone! :)

@swcheppes I <3 Target.

@friendsfan367 No worries. I know you have a lot on your mind regarding your family and their health, and your dad especially. Take your time with reading. No pressure. Simcraft's Divas story is relatively short if you want to still read, but no pressure to finish questions or even answer them.

@Simcraft81 before we finish out your week, I wanted to ask... what made you pick to write about those three ladies? And do you have plans to pick up and write about them after this?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest