Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which graphic style do you prefer Sims 3 or 4?

Comments

• Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Ze hebben de klok horen luiden maar weten niet waar de klepel hangt.
    Die heb ik nou nog nooit gehoord.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @CK213 Thanks!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ze hebben de klok horen luiden maar weten niet waar de klepel hangt.
    Die heb ik nou nog nooit gehoord.
    You haven't :o It's a very common and old saying haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @GrijzePilion I'm 16 and did!

(The dutch speaking community is actually surprisingly big around here)
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

That's probably because we are a nation that can speak english very well and our own dutch forum sucks haha.
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »

That's probably because we are a nation that can speak english very well and our own dutch forum plum haha.

Dutch forums died out or focus on sims 4 and are hosted by 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (I don't say names) so, English is the way to go...(I probably already said it but I'm Flemish by the way. Not that it matters - due to the Flemish language being slightly oppressed they're mostly the same and our English is good too)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It is everywhere you go. YouTube, Reddit, ModTheSims and everything in between. Few big reasons for that:

- The Dutch are gamers
    - The Dutch speak English better than any other country in the world where English is not the primarily language
    - Internet penetration is very high in The Netherlands
    - The Dutch are early adopters and quickly pick up on new social networks and platforms

But anyway, let's not get too far off topic.

Post edited by GrijzePilion on
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    I prefer ts3's aesthetics/graphics. It's a shocking revelation, I know! :D
  • Options
    emmaburrowsukemmaburrowsuk Posts: 31 Member
    i prefer the sims 3 open world, but i guess a lot of people do also, an i miss being able to colorize and customize everything with different fabrics, etc not just colour and style
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2017
    Actually one thing i do prefer in sims 4 is how easy building is. I always take so long to build a decent house in ts3 that it burns me out and i dont want to play anymore by the time I'm done. I love sims 4 build mode especially with the gallery so easily accessable. In sims 3 im usually too lazy to search through the hundreds of patterns to find something perfect and i just change the colour of furniture so it fits with each other. In Sims 4 you just make sure you use stuff from the same set and theres a lot of great CC objects out there for the sake of more diversity.
  • Options
    I find it way easier to build in TS3. It's just you and the wall tool. No unnecessary nonsense. I know exactly where to draw my walls, and what to put under and/or above them.

In TS4, all the extra gimmicks and functions distract me. Which is why I can't build anything half decent in TS4.
    And in TS3, I'll just furnish a room with the basic stuff, and then I'll go in and customize everything until I'm happy. And then I'll start decorating. Usually, as I'm decorating, I set up the lighting as well. TS3 is just so much easier and more natural to build and decorate in...at least for me. It's the only Sims game where Build/Buy doesn't frustrate me in the slightest.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I would so very much love Sims 3's CASt, terrain tools and art style in combination with the TS4 tools. I love the three hights in walls, the way you can move entire rooms, the way the roofs work, adjusting windows, making an open basement. That all are great improvements, but I find building in the game a bore because I can't decorate everything the way I want to and I love doing that. So I build in 3 and download houses from the gallery in 4. Prefer my own houses though, because they're mine and completely suitable for my sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I prefer the graphics of TS4, while I do enjoy both of them. TS3 worlds are as equally beautiful to me. The only thing I do not like from TS3 are the wall and floor patterns. When I'm building a house, I spend a lot more time than in The Sims 4 because of finding the few patterns I like.

@Toreshinbo The glory of sims 3 is you can make your own without downloading a single lick of CC.Create a pattern is easy.

These textures do they look realistic??

Made them myself

The cracked stone wall

xx4MKsq.jpg

The wallpaper but most importantly the realistic wood flooring

EkCYy9v.jpg

The realistic bamboo slat walling and the floor

VWqha29.jpg

My realistic brick

qkNCO6V.jpg

Nothing in those pics are CC all EA objects,the patterns are by me the pictures are just photography skill utilizing CAP.The sims 3 team did not make super amazing patterns because they gave every player a tool to do their own.In Sims 3 You rule!!!

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    making an open basement
    I've always wondered if that'd be possible in TS3 with a bit of modding and hacking. Last time I checked, it was, kinda, but I don't remember the details.

• Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2017
    @cravenlestat I didn't say it didn't look realistic. I just simply don't like most of the patterns. (Aside from a few.)
    I just like the more simplistic style of TS4.
    And I know you can create your own, but not everybody wants to go all through the patterns until they find the one they like for every single thing.
  • Options
    @GrijzePilion Found this. There seems to way around it using cheats, or by using the swimming pool tool? I'll look into it closer when I'm back to the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @GrijzePilion Found this. There seems to way around it using cheats, or by using the swimming pool tool? I'll look into it closer when I'm back to the game.

Yes, it was this tutorial linked in that thread.
  • Options
    JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sims 3 for the mountains, terrain, vegetation, buildings, sky, and water.
    steRLnY.png
    iJ9p0ck.png

Sims 4 for the sims and lighting... I'm not a fan of the hairs/clothing/furniture and overall cartoon style so I download as much CC as possible.
    Xh5U7qV.png

a742kT4.jpg
  • Options
    @JMConcept Your second picture is seriously nice. What lighting mod is that?
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    They're both good games, but I kinda prefer the Sims 3 style over Sims 4. I'm not really a fan of the cartoonish style of the sims 4 but it's still really fun to play though.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    I think TS4 looks a lot smoother than TS3, but I prefer TS3. My sims always seem to look prettier in TS3.
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • Options
    JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    I'prefer the Sims 3 graphics which looks more realistic to me and sims 4 is too in "cartoon" fashion
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    TS3 of course but I don't like the 'lighting' in some of the worlds.
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    You know what. I figured out exactly where they got the idea for that hair in TS4. :mrgreen:

1631ab017ebda8f7d6e0c4487fff57d5.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~