Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @TheoriesOfHappiness

Hi everyone, hope you are staying cool. It's been hot here (though not as hot as Jo was talking about in Australia). ;)

Just a reminder if you'd like to participate in Fine Lines discussion yet and haven't, tomorrow is the last day. Any last minute questions or thoughts for us, @xJojox?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @TheoriesOfHappiness

Hi everyone, hope you are staying cool. It's been hot here (though not as hot as Jo was talking about in Australia). ;)

Just a reminder if you'd like to participate in Fine Lines discussion yet and haven't, tomorrow is the last day. Any last minute questions or thoughts for us, @xJojox?

i didn't get as far as i would have liked. its at least 90 here.i hate heat.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 That's ok. You read some and that's good. Thanks for participating. I think we all recognize some of our stories are long and you'll need time to catch up.

It was 100 the last two days and today was 95. Hooray for 5 degrees cooler.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @swcheppes & @AdamsEve1231
    Thankyou for answering my questions and taking the time. Not other questions at this stage because everyone is at different stages of my story.
    Doubt anyone will catch me either! LOL. My update rate is way to fast!

Weather in australia today is 54 (its winter)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    xJojox wrote: »
    Thankyou for answering my questions and taking the time. Not other questions at this stage because everyone is at different stages of my story.

oh that reminds me i do have a question. are the city names made up or real? they sound real but i don't want assume that. beccause simcago in one of the kass stories obviouly is not. hopefully adam and eve isn't offended that i said that i love reading her city name twists.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 That's ok. You read some and that's good. Thanks for participating. I think we all recognize some of our stories are long and you'll need time to catch up.

actually during your week i was reading the wrong part. by the time i realized that it was down to 2 days.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Sorry I'm not feeling well and I'm gonna rest for a few hours and get back to business
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @friendsfan367 - they are all real city names :)

Perth is Western Australia where Abby moves to.
    Adelaide where Abby was born is South Australia and where Rachel lives.
    You will see Abby go to Sydney and Melbourne and Queensland. They are all main cities in their region. All on the east coast of Australia. Melbourne is more South East.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    xJojox wrote: »

oh that reminds me i do have a question. are the city names made up or real? they sound real but i don't want assume that. beccause simcago in one of the kass stories obviouly is not. hopefully adam and eve isn't offended that i said that i love reading her city name twists.

@friendsfan367 I'm not offended. I have fun with renaming real world cities. Simterra is another world though with similarities to our own.

actually during your week i was reading the wrong part. by the time i realized that it was down to 2 days.

@friendsfan367 There's no real wrong place to read. Most people were reading KCLKF, but you were finished with that, right? You can safely go to KFLL without missing much, but I&S does happen in between and fills in some gaps. Plus Kass is a little more likeable, at least that's what CathyTea says, and I agree.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not feeling well and I'm gonna rest for a few hours and get back to business

Oh no worries, @Simcraft81 . Feel better.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Is it only us 5... ?haven't heard from some of the others in a while
  • Options
    Good question. Holler if you're here. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Good question. Holler if you're here. ;)

me. i work tomorrow so i try and cram as much fun as i can in to saturday
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Here!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Here and feeling better
  • Options
    @xjojox Sorry for being so late!
    1. Describe Justin and/or some of his traits. And how do they play a part in his life and how he treats others?

Justin is not bashful at all like Dylan (at the party). It's noticable in his 'POV' Chapter because he described his first impressions of Abby and
    her mom but no description about how he felt speaking to them lol. When I read this it came off as just going for it not caring what they felt about him so it works out with his character!

2. What do you think Justin’s morals and feelings about Love? It’s mentioned in Fine Lines that he 'loves too deep' … why do you think that might be? (Only answer this one if you feel you know the answer)

I get the impression that he's been hurt before and it's made him tougher. Maybe Justin was just like Dylan at one point when he was younger (Spin-off perhaps??;)) I can sense Justin being more protective as well based on what we've seen (fight).
    MORE ON FINE LINES

1. Who is your favourite character in Fine Lines? — What are some of their obvious personality traits, motivations, and inner qualities?

I know Abby's mother is probably my least favorite personality wise of course! You have awesome and interesting characters! I'm liking Dylan and Justin. Writing a song for someone is deep and I could see myself doing that in his shoes. I also like Justin because it seems like he's experienced with love and far from naive.

2. How many chapters did it take you to get right into it? What experience in the story drew you in? Or has it not connected with you yet and why?
    I think around Chapter 3 after Abby is in this new place. I felt bad for her at the beginning. It's not a good feeling to be in a place you know nothing of and the condition of the new place makes me think of being extremely careful not wanting to be robbed while sleeping lol!

3. Regardless of where you are in Fine Lines, where do you see this going (mention what chapter you are on so you can check later if your guesses were correct) It's headed toward some hurt feelings that's all i can say for now!

4. What has been your happiest and saddest part of fine lines so far?
    The saddest part so far is her move at the begining.

5. Fine Lines tag line is love, hate, loss and gain … What do you think this means in Abby’s life?
    It means these characters that are in Abby's life and whom we've learned so much about are going to have a slot for each of these words hands down.

6. If you were to see a spin-off of fine lines, with a different main character who would it be?[/quote]
    'Justin: The Good Boy Years' hehe..
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Welcome!
    (Image is linked to Story and Discussion is below Spoiler Tab)
    divasd.jpg
    Here are some questions to get the discussion started!

1. Who is your Favorite Character and why?

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout?

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run?
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 great questions. I liked the creativity of that last one. I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts after I read.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Favorite pic of these two lol!
    C_1uj6QXYAAHnaG.jpg
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited July 2017

Jennifer Martinez is my favorite character in this story. She seems impassioned, open minded, and like a good friend. She even tries to be nice to Morgana after their fall out, at first.

2. What do you think of the relationship between Jennifer and Morgana before and after their fallout?

I think Jennifer and Morgana had a chance at being friends, and maybe even were friends at one point. I also think that Morgana did a good job supervising and teaching Jennifer her new job. After their fallout, I just think Morgana became jealous. It seems like Morgana doesn't get along well with most people (Tae or her husband, if the gossip was true) and I think the demotion might have been partly inspired because of how well Jennifer got along with Tae.

3. Pick a character from your story and one from 'The Divas' what would happen if they met? First impression and/or in the long run?

From what I can gather I think Willow and Jennifer would get along well if they ever met, but Willow would be jealous because she has a job that Willow had fantasized about as a teenager and child.

This is just a suggestion, but have you considered using a different font for your blog? I found it to be small and hard to read, but that might just be me.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Arrowleaf Good Answers! This is based on your answers but @AdamsEve1231 @xJojox @TheoriesofHappiness @friendsfan367 @swcheppes @Yushika can participate.

Jennifer was sort of the main character but I didn't want her to completely overshadow Kara and Tae.

A couple of follow up questions based on your answers but anyone can participate.

1. At what point do you think things went downhill with Jennifer and Morgana?

Hint: Aren't friendships about talking to each other?

2. Did you see any signs of them still having respect for each other (before the alleged woo-hoo drama)?
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Questions answered :D

This was a fun read. I will admit I love that it was on the shorter size that way I could participate in the discussion.

Kara was my favorite character. I felt like she was the most genuine of the 4 women. She knew who she was and didn't let what others thought of her effect her. I wish we had gotten to know a little bit more about her though. Maybe if there's a second story you can focus on her a little more. I love's that Tae's son had a crush on her <3

I feel like it didn't change much. Morgana kind of came off like a word that rhymes with witch from the beginning. She seemed almost jealous of Jennifer. That emotion seemed to intensify when Jennifer and Tae started to get closer. I think Morgana was taking out her troubles on those around her. I don't see them being friends in the future at all.

I would have Erin from my story meet Jennifer. I think the two have a few things in common. They both seem to want to please people and have good intentions even if the outcome isn't always pretty. I actually think they would become good friends. Jennifer can get advice from her about her work issues and Erin can get advice regarding her boy problems.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Simcraft81

1. At what point do you think things went downhill with Jennifer and Morgana?

Hint: Aren't friendships about talking to each other?

From the story, I would assume it went down hill around the time the death occurred at the party. I think Morgana may have been hurt that Jennifer 'ignored' her when she called since they both had just experienced something that can be quite traumatic. Morgana, as we find out later, doesn't really seem to have a support system in place (like Jennifer does) so the fact that she reached out to the only available person she knew for comfort and was blown off probably stung pretty badly (even though Jennifer didn't seem to think of it this way).

2. Did you see any signs of them still having respect for each other (before the alleged woo-hoo drama)?

Yes, when Jennifer got promoted again. There was a moment when they crossed paths where they both just kind of smiled and nodded as if they still cared and respected each other at that point in time even though they had already had their differences.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums