Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bulldozing a cemetery

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to bulldoze the cemetery in a new custom world where nobody has died yet?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't see why not as long as you plan to replace it with another one. Not that a cemetery (Mausoleum) is a requirement, but if sims die in a world that doesn't have one, I believe that their remains and therefore their "presence" in the game stand to disappear.

The one that always surprises me is that some players manage to play homeworlds that lack a City Hall and things still seem to work okay.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    As always thank you @igazor I have a lovely player made one using Grim's doors that I want to replace it with but now you have mentioned the Mausoleum I will ensure it has one . If ghosts are at that particular lot should I look for them an annihilate them first? I can never tell if the headstones in the cemetery are the deco ones or if they have a ghost attached do you know if there is any way to tell the difference? I have often wanted to change the cemetery for better looking ones in many worlds but have never dared touch them.
  • Options
    Not sure, I just fumble my way through death management in this game. I didn't even know there were headstones for "decor," I thought the pre-placed ones always had a dead sim (even though they were never really in your game as alive) attached to them. When I want to get rid of those, I use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the sim whom I have otherwise never heard of that seems to be attached by filtering on Type of Sim > Dead (or something like that).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor

OMG and I thought they were deco headstones unless your sims took their urns there lol so when we were discussing the annihilation procedure for the dreggs in IP I searched the graveyards but there are no names on the headstones so how could anyone know which ghost is attached to which headstone? so will I have to wait until I physically see every ghost relating to every headstone to annihilate them before bulldozing the lot?

So if I search via the mod it will tell me which sims are dead and I just annihilate all the ones that are stated as dead instead of hanging around the graveyard trying to catch ghosts coming and going-)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    The decor ones should just be plain,other headstones depending on death and other factors have things like

If the LTW was fullfilled
    The way a sim died by a engraved picture for example a jelly bean death sims grave has 3 jelly beans engraved on it.
    The type of sim be it human dog or horse or ITF sim.
    The amount of LTR points they accumulated determines the style like low number is a boring flat to the ground type.Higher is taller fancy ones
    Also of course hovering over it if attached to a sim says Sim Xs name
    A urn is just a grave indoors and when placed outside becomes a stone.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    That's right, I forgot the hovering trick should tell us who (if anyone) is buried there. I think a sim should also get the choice of "mourning" when clicking on one of the headstones that has a dead sim attached, a decorative one wouldn't have that option.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat

You fooled me I had not seen your new Avi which is nice :) Thank you for that further information none of the headstones had that sort of information when I checked them over which why I thought they must be deco as opposed to a proper urn with a ghost attached.

@igazor

well one did have the option top mourn but honestly there was no other info I could find about that headstone no further info like Cravenlestat suggests above so I assumed probably wrongly it was still a deco headstone. I will be more careful and it looks like now I have found out how to annihilate this will be a much used feature to assure the security of sims deletion completley :)
  • Options
    @CravenLestat

I cannot believe the years I have been playing 3 and never seen that but to be fair I rarely allow my pixels to die-) but that is just evil EA :) If that was a RL funeral there would be a riot quite rightly-)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,929 Member
    Apparently the new chocolate birthday cake can kill your Sims with fire too.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat & @Karritz

I don't doubt they made everything with evil humor but for players like me who like their pixels to live a very long time I try to make sure those evil quirks don't finish my sim unexpectedly :)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SPARKY1922 Off topic slightly but thank you :p ,the sim in my Avi is young adult *Normally teen* Betty Simovitch from Riverview.She is just doing a EA animation pose too.

Here is the full screenshot.

Screenshot-1636_zpsyiz7xqb9.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat

she is really pretty is she a EA pre-made sim then? I know you have a keen eye for the pixel beauties :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2017
    @CravenLestat It's really hard to tell how a sim will turn out sometimes. She is beautiful!
    Karritz wrote: »
    Apparently the new chocolate birthday cake can kill your Sims with fire too.
    All birthday cakes can do this. :)
    tumblr_o6p3qrYC2A1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09

lol I can honestly say that's never happened to me yet :)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yep! It got so bad, I quit using birthday cakes until one of the family members gets the Fireproof Homestead LTR. But I'm being a bit more brave about them again, so I do have a fire now and then.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Now I have my computer turned on I can show you my pics of my most recent inferno.

Adoptions004.jpg

Adoptions005.jpg

Adoptions006.jpg

Adoptions007.jpg

EDIT: No one died - no one got singed. The Sim standing in the flames was trying to blow out the candles on a different cake that wasn't on fire and he wasn't going to move away from the flames as he was totally focused on his own cake. As you can see in the last pic he is actually ageing up.

I had to replace the counter and the other cake that was burning.

I was doing bulk ageing up at the time - all the 15 adopted babies had to become young adults fast.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift

I must be really lucky as have not had it happen for years :)

@Karritz

lol brilliant picture demonstration I love the way the sim was not going to move away from his own cake despite the fire what a sim classic :)
  • Options
    Funny thing is, after I aged all 15 babies up the badge I was after didn't happen, so I aged them all down to toddlers again and that gave me some interesting issues. I sorted out their various problems with toddlers retaining things that they shouldn't have until they are much more mature. Then I started getting them taught to walk, talk etc and read their books. I must get that game open again and move them into my big game.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Birthday cakes can cause fire ??? I didn't know that, I've never had that happen before. NOTHING FUN EVER HAPPENS TO ME !! :(:'(
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    @SPARKY1922

To make you laugh and maybe realize just how sick sims 3 is here is what is on the tombstone if say your daughter drowned.

Ewww_zpsyhgqyjk1.jpg

Put this into perspective,Imagine showing up at a real life funeral and this is what the company put on your dead childs stone.The only thing that could be worse is writing gurgle underneath that. :|
    When I find drown sims' headstones I always engrave the epitaph as "glub glub glub" :p
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat he wasn't on fire. He was celebrating his birthday and ageing up. He completely ignored the fire. The burning cake was on the counter next to the counter his cake was on.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I dunno. I get fires & sims electrocuted from time to time, but hardly anybody ever dies from anything except old age. Anyway, my favorite death is from meteor.