May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Separate funds for teens with jobs

Teens with jobs is awesome but doesn't help when it goes into the family funds. If they had a separate fund, then they could put that towards their first home when they move out. Just an idea. I think it would be more worth having them work as teens this way then not even getting to use it.

Comments

• Options
    clementineiclementinei Posts: 11 New Member
    I completely agree! I never thought about this at first, but this does make sense.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I must be missing something here - when I click on careers for teens it says school. I don't see any job offers for teens in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    Ideas that make the Sims 4 experience more realistic are always welcome for me.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I must be missing something here - when I click on careers for teens it says school. I don't see any job offers for teens in Sims 4.

They only show up via the phone action.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I think we should be able to decide how much of the main funds for the family goes where. This way if two sims get a divorce then the funds can be split as we see fit as well as taking care of the issue with young adults moving out of the house. Plus in a richer household the young adults and divorced sims would leave with more money than in a poorer household.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

They only show up via the phone action.

I'll Have to check that out as I have 2 households of just teens and they could sure use some funds. I kept looking under careers. Thank you for that info. Very much appreciate it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    I think we should be able to decide how much of the main funds for the family goes where. This way if two sims get a divorce then the funds can be split as we see fit as well as taking care of the issue with young adults moving out of the house. Plus in a richer household the young adults and divorced sims would leave with more money than in a poorer household.

Love that idea as well.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,257 Member
    Unfortunately this would take too much "coding" and interface changes. :(