Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    i had my furst good day yesterday ... so definitely on the emotional mend :) Not all smiles and rainbows ... yet but i'll get there.
  • Options
    NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    You know, the new pack could really get me back into my legacy! c:
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Yushika You are here. Good. We can discuss your story. :) anything in particular you'd like us you discuss?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hmmm! I'm really curious what future supernatural races people would like to see! And perhaps what more they want to learn about vampires?
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    Yushika wrote: »
    Hmmm! I'm really curious what future supernatural races people would like to see! And perhaps what more they want to learn about vampires?

Thanks for your reply, @Yushika.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    New chapter is up c:
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    @Yushika I enjoyed the snapshot of your world in the Curse Legacy on the World Information page, and it gave me good context and back story for the first chapter. I just finished chapter 1-2 and plan to read more, but first, I wanted to say, I enjoyed the start. I got a clear sense of who Jezebel is and her relationship with Dante. I'm also curious about Caleb's motivations. I'm curious how things will work out for Petal and Sergio. I am thoroughly creeped out by Dante. I like the idea of pairing your chapters with music, and that first chapter's music sure was creepy, and I loved the pairing of the song with the second chapter.

I'm not sure what supernatural races are available in the Sims 4 since I have only the base game and none of the expansions or stuff packs. I am aware of aliens, so I'm curious as to how aliens might fit into this world of Syra.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Yushika I enjoyed the snapshot of your world in the Curse Legacy on the World Information page, and it gave me good context and back story for the first chapter. I just finished chapter 1-2 and plan to read more, but first, I wanted to say, I enjoyed the start. I got a clear sense of who Jezebel is and her relationship with Dante. I'm also curious about Caleb's motivations. I'm curious how things will work out for Petal and Sergio. I am thoroughly creeped out by Dante. I like the idea of pairing your chapters with music, and that first chapter's music sure was creepy, and I loved the pairing of the song with the second chapter.

I'm not sure what supernatural races are available in the Sims 4 since I have only the base game and none of the expansions or stuff packs. I am aware of aliens, so I'm curious as to how aliens might fit into this world of Syra.

I def stopped adding music to my chapters due to being unsure if people like them, but I feel motivated to add them again! I'll start doing that again c:

Oh man, I'd love to add aliens. I actually have an idea for a future generation and aliens!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. I haven't felt like playing or writing after losing Dusk and Dawn. I fell into a deep depression for a bit.

Anyway, now that Summer is starting soon, life is gonna pick up and I won't have time to commit to reading circles.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    @DreamsInPixels I binge read part 1 of Dusk and Dawn, and loved it. I hope that's encouraging, even though I know it is devastating to lose saves. I've been through it before. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I'm busy myself and may not have as much time to devote to reading circles either. Do you need to take a leave of absence? We'd understand.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @DreamsInPixels I binge read part 1 of Dusk and Dawn, and loved it. I hope that's encouraging, even though I know it is devastating to lose saves. I've been through it before. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I'm busy myself and may not have as much time to devote to reading circles either. Do you need to take a leave of absence? We'd understand.

I'm leaving the circles I'm in. Idk when I'll have time, because after summer ends I'll be preparing to move across the country. That length of an absense wouldn't be fair of me when the spot could be used for someone who has more time than I do.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    @DreamsInPixels Understood. Have a wonderful summer. And blessings with your move. Thank you for letting us know. We'll miss you, but wish you well on your new journey in life.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    A reminder we're discussing @Yushika's Curse Legacy now. I'm sorry I'm behind in updating.

Questions for Writer:

1) how did you come up with the premise?
    2) where did you get your inspiration for your vampire and other story lore?
    3) what has most challenged you as a writer with The Curse Legacy? What have you enjoyed the most about your writing/ gaming experience?

Questions for Readers
    1) What have you enjoyed the most/or what did you find most interesting during your reading experience?
    2) What has surprised you the most?
    3) Favorite character and why?

Remember to use spoilers for your text if you're revealing key details. :)

Thoughts about summer coming up. I'm open to suggestions so if you'd think about your schedules (some of us have more time during summer and some of us have less) and what you'd like from reading circles, I'd appreciate it.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi everyone - @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @IllusoryThrall, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika

I wanted to check in and see how everyone is and ask if we need to revise our schedule (or eek! take a hiatus) for the summer. And if we do (to either), that's okay. I know everyone is busy and some of us have more time than others in the summer. I, for one, am much busier trying to finish grad school (though I'm six months out).

If you had a chance to and read a little of Yushika's awesome Curse Legacy, feel free to answer the questions above. I'm not too concerned with the overlap with another story's time.

If we do need to rework our schedule or take a break, please let me know your ideas or thoughts for yourself personally or the group. I would love to keep this going, but I don't want anyone to break their back trying to keep up. :)

Edit: Also I can ask in the Reading Circle thread if we want to fill DreamsinPixels spot.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    I'm okay with the schedule as is. Nothing has changed here on my end so I'm still available :)
  • Options
    JaneSimmerJaneSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys its JaneSimmer, check out my blog where I post sims 4 stories and photos!

http://janesimmer.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    I'm okay with the schedule as is. Nothing has changed here on my end so I'm still available :)

Same ^_^

And I vote for filling Dreams spot since she officially withdrew.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    @JaneSimmer Thanks for letting us know about your story. However, this is a reading circle, specifically for those who are committed to reading each other's stories and talking about our writing. If you would like to officially join a reading circle, please visit the Reading Circles main thread, and formally introduce yourself there. Also if you want to advertise your story, you should check out @mastressalita's Stories and Legacies Index here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Dancer-freak, @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika, @IllusoryThrall
    Oh my goodness everyone. I am so far behind. I apologize for the upkeep being shoddy here.

1. Answers to my own questions for the readers of The Curse Legacy by @Yushika:
    1) What have you enjoyed the most/or what did you find most interesting during your reading experience? I honestly wanted to know more about the world and I was really intrigued by the worldbuilding on the world information page, and throughout the stories. I also liked the musical additions as I felt they helped set the tone. Since I love worldbuilding and music,
    this was a perfect storm for me

2) What has surprised you the most? I was pretty surprised Dante got another human to keep Petal company. I'm not sure if it was because he somehow "cares" or he wanted more people to feed from or he simply just could and enjoys terrorizing people.
    3) Favorite character and why? I am impressed by Petal's resilience. She has managed to hang on and not go crazy. She lives a relatively normal routine, save the fact that she's a vampire's pet. I'm glad she is making the most of it and has the will to survive. Plus she's pretty.

2. @Yushika, did you get my questions?
    3) what has most challenged you as a writer with The Curse Legacy? What have you enjoyed the most about your writing/ gaming experience?

3. I'm up for advertising we need a new member again. I'll pop over and do so on the Reading Threads.

4. My story discussion was supposed to continue through today and then we would move onto @xJojox, skipping over the "general reading/writing discussion" period if you're all okay with that. So I'd like to apologize for my lack of facilitation (between work and school and general life I've been swamped).

5. Here's my thoughts... we can begin reading/discussing my story today, and push the other dates back. If you have overlap about @Yushika's awesome Curse Legacy, please don't feel like you're intruding and go ahead and post.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @Arrowleaf, @IllusoryThrall, @Yushika

Questions to guide discussion for my story - The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright

Some of you are farther along than others (most of the way or at least part of the way through KCLKF (ch 14 and beyond)

For those of you who have read to ch 14
    1) What would you say are some key plot points in the story and how these help motivate Kass?
    2) How does the tone/story shift or change after chapter 4?
    3) Which character would you say best helps Kass be her most authentic self?
    4) What would you say are some of Kass's best and worst traits? How likely do you think she is to change?
    5) How do you think her family life and experiences affect her thoughts on love, romance, and dating?

For those of you who have read up to Ch 31
    Based on all that has happened in KCLKF,
    1) At what points did the tone shift/change?
    2) What did you think of Kass's response to Davis' revelation? Why do you think she reacted this way?
    3) What about Kass' reaction to her experiences in the Goth house? Why do you think it took until her ideas were rejected by Gunther Goth to grieve her losses?
    4) How did Kass' relationship with Gage change several times and what contributed to this?
    5) How do you expect Kass to move forward? What lessons do you think she has learned? In what areas do you think she still needs to grow?

Fyi, if you are super ambitious and you're done with Story 1 - The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright - chronologically, Interludes & Solitude happens next. Feel free to read I&S and I'd love your feedback.

Questions for anyone :
    1) What did you think of the beginning? The introduction of the world? And the characters?
    2) What do you like about Kass?
    3) What do you think of Kass' interactions with her friends, family, love interests?
    4) Is there anything in the story that needs further clarification or is there some part of the world building (or character building) you would like to know more about?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    @Yushika so far you have done a good job setting up for character development! 1st impressions are just as important in stories as well as Life :) I will elaborate more as I read further.
  • Options
    Going to answer questions now! My health came to a tumble so I've been more lurking. I have the energy now to sit up, so here we gooo!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    - Mostly I have a huge thing for the supernatural, so when the vampire pack came out I KNEW I wanted to use it! For the story, I was listening to music and envisioned Jack and Alice, and the song discussed being trapped in a world they knew nothing about. That later inspired Petal, and helped me come up with WHO would trap someone (Dante).

- My lore is something I take from personal books I've tried writing before. I also own an online roleplay community, where I color artwork and give away to customers for them to write stories with, so I do a LOT of world building to create the world they play in. c:

- Time skips and figuring out what I want to write BEFORE shifting to another time. I struggle greatly with figuring out if I wrote enough information, or if it's time to move on. I worry a lot that my pacing is too fast! I enjoy the most writing dialogue, as it's really fun to 'hear' what the characters want me to write for them.

I'll be catching up on the current story of interest today and tomorrow!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Options
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @Arrowleaf, @IllusoryThrall, @Yushika

Can I ask everyone to tell me what chapter you're on in KCLKF (or beyond) so I know where you all are?

And please give a warm welcome to @friendsfan367 of The Benders.

Friendfan I'm happy you're here. Will you share with us
    • your forums name/preferred name for us to call you
    • your story link
    • a quick synopsis (overview) of what your story is about
    • your posting schedule
    • something about you as a writer/person

If you want examples of what I'm talking about, feel free to read the first page bios here, and I'll update and add your information there.

Our updated reading schedule is here.

We are currently reading KCLKF (for those of you who aren't caught up).

If you are caught up, you can move onto reading I&S (which takes place between KCLKF and I&S). I borrowed @xJojox's idea of having questions under spoilers under spoilers (for those who are further along).

@friendsfan367 you can find our discussion questions for KCLKF here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm giving a shout-out to some inactive members here since we'd like to keep things flowing if possible. If you're tagged and you're still around and want to be active in the reading circle, will you please give me a shout-out back? I'm trying to update information for the circle and I'd like to know who's here and who's not.

@IllusoryThrall You haven't posted since April 20th. Are you still around?

@Dancer-freak You haven't posted since March 30th. Are you still around?

If you are around, and you have stuff going on and have an idea when you'll be back, just let us know. If you can't actively participate (at least once a month) due to life, work, school, or whatever else, we totally understand, but I want to politely inform you I might need to remove you for the sake of keeping this group's dialogue flowing, but you are welcome to come back and join at any point in the future. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest