Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did anyone ask for this?

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited May 2017
    No and quite frankly I find the entire thing to be ridiculous. They already have a free to play Sims game that operates in a virtually identical manner. To make matters even messier, they already confirmed that these two incredibly similar titles are sepatate and FP will continue development. That's an outright cash grab.

I think with this new mobile game we get the best look at what EA originally planned for The Sims 4. It's basically a stripped down Sims 4, with the social/multiplayer stuff added back in, and then 99% of the content locked behind a paywall.

So while players on the PC have been asking for more EP's, bigger EP's, game tools, and improvements to the game itself EA decided it was best to do the bare minumum and funnel that money into this project. These people are clueless. This mobile app will die, it is way too similar to FP and way too different from Sims 4, even though it's marketed like a Sims 4 lite version.

Well said.

All this stripping is getting ridiculous. The Sims 4 was stripped bare from The Sims 3 now The Sims mobile has been stripped from The Sims 4. My The Sims 4 DVD cover feel naked now! If this keeps happening all we are going to get if a The Sims 5 ever pops up is two shirts, a pair of jeans, and a milkshake. For only 50 dollars! Good grief!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    No and quite frankly I find the entire thing to be ridiculous. They already have a free to play Sims game that operates in a virtually identical manner. To make matters even messier, they already confirmed that these two incredibly similar titles are sepatate and FP will continue development. That's an outright cash grab.

I think with this new mobile game we get the best look at what EA originally planned for The Sims 4. It's basically a stripped down Sims 4, with the social/multiplayer stuff added back in, and then 99% of the content locked behind a paywall.

So while players on the PC have been asking for more EP's, bigger EP's, game tools, and improvements to the game itself EA decided it was best to do the bare minumum and funnel that money into this project. These people are clueless. This mobile app will die, it is way too similar to FP and way too different from Sims 4, even though it's marketed like a Sims 4 lite version.

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism. :D

Unfortunately I think it has the potential to be very successful with the casual mobile market. And frankly it looks to be a lot more fun than TS4, although I certainly won't be playing it. I think mobile games are incredibly manipulative. And the real time aspect just means it's boring in it's own way, so players are paying so they don't have to play the boring game they made. :D

Anyway, I guess time will tell. I think they will lose even more of their player base (a big portion of which they have already lost), but there could be many more mobile gamers stepping up, eager to be separated from their money. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2017

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism. :D

Unfortunately I think it has the potential to be very successful with the casual mobile market. And frankly it looks to be a lot more fun than TS4, although I certainly won't be playing it. I think mobile games are incredibly manipulative. And the real time aspect just means it's boring in it's own way, so players are paying so they don't have to play the boring game they made. :D

Anyway, I guess time will tell. I think they will lose even more of their player base (a big portion of which they have already lost), but there could be many more mobile gamers stepping up, eager to be separated from their money. :p

As someone who has played it, I can tell you it really isn't fun whatsoever. The careers are no more than an incentive to grab people like you in this game. People who were so disgruntled about their Sims lacking the ability to be chefs, baristas, and GTW's general lack of career quantity.

However, these careers are repetitive. You are doing nothing but pressing your screen in two different positions until a timer goes off. There are about 3 interactions per career. These careers use up a ton of your Sim's Needs bars. Sometimes, they'll try and nail you, and get you to spend Sim dollars to buy more energy on the spot, or face losing your career progress.

Social events, needed to increase the relationship with other Sims, are the same. You can spend your entire energy level on just a few social interactions before you have to sleep for an hour.

There were just so many bait techniques I saw as I played the game, it was overwhelming.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Thanks, @Sk8rblaze. I take back my statement about it being more fun than TS4 then. Sounds even worse!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    With a loud sigh....same sh--, different day.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    got to point out that "I'm worried about The Sims 4" topic got outright deleted, so we're not encouraged to talk about what is happening with the main franchise versus the mobile one. This makes me even more furious about this whole thing.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I've never even considered a Sims mobile game. So no, I certainly didn't ask for this.

I've wanted more romantic interactions, laptops, things to distinguish teens from adults, electric guitars, drums, and bands.

Not a cash grab.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    got to point out that "I'm worried about The Sims 4" topic got outright deleted, so we're not encouraged to talk about what is happening with the main franchise versus the mobile one. This makes me even more furious about this whole thing.

Yes, we aren't allowed to say we are afraid TS4 may end and Maxis just be mobile after it and not make TS5. That's a no no.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, we aren't allowed to say we are afraid TS4 may end and Maxis just be mobile after it and not make TS5. That's a no no.

Because we have already been told by SimGuruLyndsay, that back in January, they were thinking about where the game will be in 3 - 4 years.

So all these comments every month week day, with nothing more than wishful thinking as a source, when we've already been given a timeframe, of course they are going to delete threads.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Because we have already been told by SimGuruLyndsay, that back in January, they were thinking about where the game will be in 3 - 4 years.

So all these comments every month week day, with nothing more than wishful thinking as a source, when we've already been given a timeframe, of course they are going to delete threads.

Who says this is wishful thinking? I would like to see weather before TS4 ends. And I would like to have magic in game so I can go off into a cave and not have to load Origin ever again. Then they can end it. But with one EP a year, I have to hang around until they get to those things. Pets is probably next....so maybe next year? After four years. Point EPs for this game are way too little/skimpy and too far apart. (I should go to bed but have insomnia) so here goes. What year do we get slow dancing? or weather? or attraction system? There is still a laundry list of stuff and with one EP a year it's going to take fifteen years and by that time we will have chips in our heads and won't be using a pc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    No. I asked for the time glitches and sims standing around doing nothing for two hours to be fixed though.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Lmao nope! I asked for serious bug fixes and to maybe actually work on more Expansion packs instead of those Stuff packs.. Honestly i'm so done with them, TS5 will never be made because they just don't care anymore.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Nope. Deligracy summed it up perfectly how business was just going as usual and suddenly this game shows up and is like "HELLOOO!!"

The funny part? I actually wanna try this game out :D
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Good bye Sims 5, thats pretty much confirmed as far as I'm concerned. Wont be playing it or downloading it. Its gonna cost about 10 times what a PC Sims game costs for a fraction of the fun. Thanks Maxis, good choice of turning your back to customers that supported you for over a decade. /golfclap

I don't understand why you always have to be so doom and gloom. All it is is a mobile game. This doesn't relate to TS5.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Good bye Sims 5, thats pretty much confirmed as far as I'm concerned. Wont be playing it or downloading it. Its gonna cost about 10 times what a PC Sims game costs for a fraction of the fun. Thanks Maxis, good choice of turning your back to customers that supported you for over a decade. /golfclap

I don't understand why you always have to be so doom and gloom. All it is is a mobile game. This doesn't relate to TS5.
    The Series may end up being the mobile pay-to-play game as far I'm concern with the annoucement of this App. They might continue to cash out every penny through TSM from the players, but in a lot easier and quicker through this smartphone game.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    To answer the thread title: NOBODY (not that I recall of) requested this game to move onto a mobile app. Plently did ask for a console version, like xbox360/playstation, but nobody did asked for this. And you know why? TS-FreePlay exists, except this one is gonna attract more players due to using TS4 mesh and animation recycles. Now that I think about it more, they might immediately shut down FreePlay after the launch of The Sims Mobile.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited May 2017
    I watched SimsVIP's video on this, and she (Alexis) said that she got in like 34 minutes of gameplay
  • Options

The Series may end up being the mobile pay-to-play game as far I'm concern with the annoucement of this App. They might continue to cash out every penny through TSM from the players, but in a lot easier and quicker through this smartphone game.

Maybe, but for now all this doom and gloom is uncalled for. The Sims had 3-4 mobile spinoffs along with a facebook game through the TS3 era, I don't see why people are surprised that we are getting another one.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The Sims 4 players are mostly disappointed that this happening is announce, because they feel like wasting their money for the dlc, that will also be introduce but for free in an app, spent all for nothing on the pc version. What was the point of purchasing Spa Day and Dine out on the pc version when you'll be able to play it with the "base game" on a mobile app game for free? That's what probably ticks fans of this new iteration off.

Out of 3-4 mobile spinoffs you mention is now left remaining with the one ongoing and succesful app called "The Sims Freeplay". People are more suprise by the fact that EA will now be able to cash grab more money easily because, well, it is almost exact same thing as the pc version despite the platform it will be introduce on (smartphone) and because of that, they might even improve the pc version slowly as the audience attention may be shifted to the app after it is release world wide. Heck, even the The Sims Mobile has more content added with the existing ones from dlcs added from the PC, with new things like sewing and fashion career, which wasn't the case when they introduce The Sims 3 app for smartphone. TS3 was really lacking as a game on the smartphones.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited May 2017

The Series may end up being the mobile pay-to-play game as far I'm concern with the announcement of this App. They might continue to cash out every penny through TSM from the players, but in a lot easier and quicker through this smartphone game.

Maybe, but for now all this doom and gloom is uncalled for. The Sims had 3-4 mobile spinoffs along with a facebook game through the TS3 era, I don't see why people are surprised that we are getting another one.

Edit to add: Also, for those saying "oh it doesn't matter its another group working on this project"...actually did you know that they moved TWO people from the sims 4 expansion pack team to this mobile team to work on the game? One of which was the LEAD ANIMATOR for the Sims 4, thats a big deal!!!!So they took two employees from an area that was needed and moved them over to the mobile sector, so yes, that does affect THIS game. They are taking employees that are needed here and moving them to work on something that no one wants.
    First off, the sims 3 didn't have a TRUE mobile spinoff and it was a different situation. The Sims 3 was one of the best selling PC games of all time and was critically acclaimed and well received. Here we have an unfinished game with so many issues and it POSSIBLY being a different sector within The Sims EA that is making this is irrelevant. The money from this company and resources still has to be allotted for and it DOES affect things in the main game. They are pouring money and resources into something when their other product doesn't even function properly yet.

When 90% of your customer base is upset then you are making poor business decisions at the very least. Also, as a hardcore gamer that plays all sorts of genres and doesn't just stay in The Sims "bubble" of gaming. EA has been messing up a lot of franchise AAA games lately. They are known for doing stuff like this and ruining other companies reputations when publishing for them. So, yes, people are allowed to be annoyed........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Schantal - Those two people will have been replaced - this was stated. And it's not been said that they were made to move over. Sometimes people actually want to work on new things. Keeps life interesting.

Is 90% of the mobile customer base upset? I imagine that mobile gamers are the main market for this mobile game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »

The Series may end up being the mobile pay-to-play game as far I'm concern with the announcement of this App. They might continue to cash out every penny through TSM from the players, but in a lot easier and quicker through this smartphone game.

Edit to add: Also, for those saying "oh it doesn't matter its another group working on this project"...actually did you know that they moved TWO people from the sims 4 expansion pack team to this mobile team to work on the game? One of which was the LEAD ANIMATOR for the Sims 4, thats a big deal!!!!So they took two employees from an area that was needed and moved them over to the mobile sector, so yes, that does affect THIS game. They are taking employees that are needed here and moving them to work on something that no one wants.
    First off, the sims 3 didn't have a TRUE mobile spinoff and it was a different situation. The Sims 3 was one of the best selling PC games of all time and was critically acclaimed and well received. Here we have an unfinished game with so many issues and it POSSIBLY being a different sector within The Sims EA that is making this is irrelevant. The money from this company and resources still has to be allotted for and it DOES affect things in the main game. They are pouring money and resources into something when their other product doesn't even function properly yet.

When 90% of your customer base is upset then you are making poor business decisions at the very least. Also, as a hardcore gamer that plays all sorts of genres and doesn't just stay in The Sims "bubble" of gaming. EA has been messing up a lot of franchise AAA games lately. They are known for doing stuff like this and ruining other companies reputations when publishing for them. So, yes, people are allowed to be annoyed........

And in their place they hired new people to replace the people moved to the TSM team. And yes, TS4 is also one of the best selling PC games of all time so I don't know where you're trying to get at. But as for them pouring some money into TSM instead of TS4, chances are that the money wouldn't even be there without TSM, they get an expanded budget to account for the development of another game. As for a "true" spinoff, that's for the eye of the beholder.

Like I said before, releasing a mobile game doesn't really matter in TS4's development. TS3 had quite a few spinoff games and it still did fine. It's just freaking out over nothing.
  • Options
    @Schantal - Those two people will have been replaced - this was stated. And it's not been said that they were made to move over. Sometimes people actually want to work on new things. Keeps life interesting.

Is 90% of the mobile customer base upset? I imagine that mobile gamers are the main market for this mobile game.

It's just a made up statistic to try to prove a point.