Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    @rosemow I know it says no CC but are paint by reference paintings ok? I know they're not flagged as CC but it seems like kind of a grey area
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @folala Both me and Corwim has used paint by reference in earlier entries here, and that hasn't been an issue at all :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    folala wrote: »
    @rosemow I know it says no CC but are paint by reference paintings ok? I know they're not flagged as CC but it seems like kind of a grey area

Hello @folala :) You are very welcome to use paint by reference paintings in your room :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2017
    @amyybugg92 --- I really like how you used that fur rug in the middle of your room, as well as the other little details.

@popettypop2012 --- I like the wall lighting around the perimeter of the room and the wallpaper.

@laebeth --- Thank you so much! I'm really happy that you liked my nursery and the theme/objects that I thought to put in it :). I'm also really looking forward to seeing your room :)!

@chips46 --- That yellow gate is really nice looking and so is your storage wall.

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks a million @rosemow & @Laebeth

Entry Form #110
    Theme for the week: A girls nursery
    Gallery name of room : Adventure girl nursery
    Origin id : folala
    Pictures of the room :https://flic.kr/s/aHskV3ZCrU
    2ebzxax.png
    2myubyb.png
  • Options
    @folala --- Your jungle nursery is amazing! I especially like your accent wall with the elephant :).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I haven't given up on this thread yet, but I'm so far behind....
    Congrats to Maxi's favorites @coolsim9999999 and @amyybugg92!

@coolsim9999999 Your builds are very imaginative,creative and FUN! Love your take on the nursery. Actually, love all the different nurseries and all the good ideas.
    @Laebeth loved your little playpen idea in your hospital waiting room.

@MyFavoritedesign Gorgeous room! The butterfly wall and the color scheme you used just makes the room

@withlovejulien Very cute nursery, I especially like the chair next to the toddler bed for a parent to sit and read. Sweet touch!

@lisalittlesimmer Cute, I like how the baby has her own little separate play area

@carolynrosser awe your nursery are definitely for a little princess, the ballerina and the greenery is great.

@WrathofCath Beautiful as always, I love those pink flowers and the luxury your room breathes

@lsnishi ( always have trouble with your name, lol, thinking it starts with an I ) Love the way you made a little "room" for the bed. Fairy princess, yes!

@wendelyne the wallpaper, the trees and the clouds just makes your nursery perfect, love the door opening too.

This is all I have time for right now, keep them beautiful nurseries coming but lol, I hope I don't have 100+ notifications when I come back. Have a beautiful day everyone! I'm off to create a wedding venue in RL :smile:
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Laebeth, great minds think alike right? Please post your room; I'd love to see it! I'm sure that even though we might have had the same concept, the execution will be different.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    @mannanna --- Thank you very much for your nice comment about my Maxis fave:)! I am so happy that you enjoy my "fun" builds. I agree that there are a ton of talented Simmers on this thread. Have fun with your RL wedding venue!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I just wanted to say that although I haven't kept up with commenting on all the entries coming in, I've seen them and been amazed. Every one of them has done something beautiful, creative and different. Good work everyone!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The brown, orange and yellow colour scheme of Adventure Girl Nursery looks very nice! @folala :) Very nice design of the room! The African jungle theme of the room looks so very great! The picturec of the African cattle at sunrise/sunset looks so very nice, and sets the scene for the rest of the room! The black and white animal skin rug is a nice touch. The giraffe and rhino in the corner of the room suit the theme well! The floor patterning gives a very nice look to the room. The changing table looks great in the middle of the room. The towels and toiletries are a nice touch on the table.The yellow wall clock is nice for sims to keep track of time. Very nice book nook! The little girl will enjoy sitting on the cute animal seat reading a book. It is nice that there is a massage chair in the room for the parents to relax in whilst the baby is sleeping. Very nice curtained alcove for the bassinet! The liittle girl will have fun playing with the toys from the toy chest. Very nice windows stool sitting nook! The pattern on the stool fits the theme well. The heart teddy is cute there! Very nice toddler bed area. The elephant wall picture is cute and also goes well in the jungle theme.
    The design and theme of the nursery is creatively great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for your wonderful (and extensive!) comments, as always, @rosemow! And thank you to @mannanna, @folala, @WrathofCath and @coolsim9999999 for your kind comments as well!

@coolsim9999999: I mentioned in my entry that your room inspired me, but I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that your room is absolutely gorgeous. I love the "outdoor" elements that you've added. The stone pool ladder is inspired. :)

@Zita1966z: What a great room! Your use of clutter is excellent. I love the baby bottles sitting on the end table!

@withlovejulien: This room is just beautiful! Great color scheme. And congrats on the Maxis fave--it's well deserved!

@MyFavoritedesign: I love all the different areas you've put in your nursery! I'd like to have a bedroom like that. :) And the use of the lighted tree with the butterflies is awesome!

@lisalittlesimmer: This is a really fun room! I love the use of white, with all the little pops of vibrant color!

@WrathofCath: What a perfectly sweet nursery! I love what you did with the changing table and the flowers on the curtains.

@lsnishi: Wow!!! Your room is amazing. I love the rose petals and the little pond. It really does feel like an enchanted fairy forest!

@amyybugg92: Your room is lovely! The golden-edged door and draperies give it a touch of elegance. I love seeing the expectant parents looking around the nursery, getting ready for the big arrival!

@popettypop2012: Ooh, that's so pretty! I really like the strung-up flower lights, and your use of that wallpaper that fades from one color to another.

@folala: What a great theme for a nursery! So many of us (including me) went with "pink and flowery," and it's nice to see a room that takes a different approach. The animal prints and the wall mural are perfect, and that one chair (that I think is a massage chair?) would actually be perfect for breastfeeding. :)
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    This thread is so lovely and just full of supportive comments and pretty rooms! Well anyway, here is my first entry:

Theme for the week: A Nursery
    Gallery name of room : Let's Call Her May
    Origin ID : Meep224
    Pictures of the room:

34340376541_7158e3709b.jpg

34310960332_c97eee38ea.jpg

34340378801_89e41e12a4.jpg
  • Options
    Hello @Meepy!! :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice that you have joined us and have entered a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to you also posting rooms in future challenges also :)
    Let's call her May is such a very pretty nursery room! :) The pink colour of the walls and the colourful circles pattern on it looks so nice! The unicorn print looks cute on the door! It is nice for Sims to see when coming in and out of the room. Very nice reading nook! When the little baby ages up to being a toddler, she will enjoy sitting on the cute animal chairs reading a book from the bookcase. It looks nice how the chairs are placed either sides of the bookcase. The colourful circles floor print there looks so pretty! The pink lamp is a nice touch there. She will have fun playing with the doll house. The giraffe is very cute in the room! The coloured curtained archway entrance to the room looks very pretty! The teddy is cute there, greeting sims as they come through the archway! Very nice bassinet nook! The balloons are a nice touch there, to welcome the little baby home into her new nursery. The animal pictures on the side wall are cute for the baby to see! The yellow flowers picture is a sunny touch in the room.
    The layout and furnishing of the room looks so very nice! It is nice that that the name of the new baby will be May <3 Thankyou again very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @carolynrosser --- You're welcome.
    Thank you for going into what you liked about my room. It was really fun to build.

@Meepy!! --- Welcome to this thread. I like you accent rugs and the cute balloon light you used next to the bassinet.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @chips46 What a lovely room! Love that counter/changing area, so many realistic details added! You do colors so well, and have a wonderful blend of soft colors that compliment each other :) Love the play pen/play area, looks lovely! The room has a really nice layout too! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! Sometimes I just start questioning myself, and then it's so lovely to have you guys here on the thread with just the kind words I need <3

@folala What an amazingly creative theme, I love it! That painting is stunning, and everything just fits so well, from the colors, to the zebra carpet and the animal print flooring. The room also has a great layout! Amazing work!

@mannanna Aww, thanks for taking the time to comment! Remember, as Rosemow said, don't push yourself too much! It's perfectly fine to not comment if you are busy with other things :) A "Great job everyone" is also fine, so don't get yourself stressed out <3

@lsnishi Thank you for the encouragement, glad to hear that! <3 I will be posting in not too long :)

@Meepy!! Welcome to the thread, and well done on your first entry! It's a lovely and delicate nursery! I love the fun wallpaper, and the area with the bookshelf and animal chairs looks wonderful. Beautiful room!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    Since this isn't a contest, I hope I can put in another room @rosemow. I had another idea and made another nursery. If not, I won't put it up.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    @lsnishi People have posted several rooms before, so you are welcome to do so :) You know what, I already saw it in the gallery! :) You will not even believe.. I'll explain later.. haha!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Since this isn't a contest, I hope I can put in another room @rosemow. I had another idea and made another nursery. If not, I won't put it up.

Hello @lsnishi :) You are welcome to enter another nursery room :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Did we have the same idea again @Laebeth? We must be telepathically linked! Thanks for the info @Laebeth and @rosemow. Here's my new room. Can't wait to see yours @Laebeth.

Challenge 110
    Theme of the week: A nursery
    Gallery Name: Nightmare Nursery
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F9DC21EA31D511E781F46507D17699C4

05-05-17_10-56-34AM.png
    05-05-17_10-55-22AM.png
    05-05-17_10-56-02AM.png
    05-05-17_10-55-48AM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    Thank you @rosemow , @coolsim9999999 and @Laebeth for the wonderful comments you've made :) .
  • Options
    For this weeks theme I was inspired by @Ainsleyf and her beautiful royal bedroom A Midsummer Night's Dream

I wanted to do something really magical and fun. I also thought about a nursery I did a while back when building my first vampire house, and although I did not want to reupload that room, I instead thought maybe I'd improve on it. At that point I realized it sort of fits, because they are two complete opposites, so I thought it would be fun (and a little cheeky) to upload two rooms this week, since I think they make a good pair of sorts. That's also why I decided to play on the names I gave them, and make them rhyme.

It seems @lsnishi that we have somehow connected telepathically this week! I saw your latest room while I was taking photos in game of mine, and just though "this is not possible!"... haha! In a good way though! I think we had the same idea, but I think they still turned out quite different!

Challenge 110
    Gallery Name: A Fairy Princess
    Origin ID: Ninnster

I will only choose the best photos to post here, but will be posting more in my showcase. It was a hard room to photograph!

zZK2mId.png
    MWj8j9K.png
    tWxEdZU.png
    K5905HT.png
    eFu2syr.png

Challenge 110
    Gallery Name: A Vampire Heiress
    Origin ID: Ninnster

I must add: The gallery photo simply does not do this one justice. haha!

2SdOPXU.png
    YjHJNGu.png
    cEbeVOW.png
    UTnKA8G.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    OMG @Laebeth, we are telepathically linked! I love what you did in both rooms! Both of the rooms are beautiful and elegant. And I saw that you got a Maxis fav for your hospital waiting room. Congrats! It was well deserved.

So, @Laebeth, what concept are we doing for next week's challenge, lol.:)
    PDWxp40.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top