Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More than one computer?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    edited August 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    What about with expansions?

Hello @LolzyLollypop
    You can log in to Origin using the same origin account that you first used when registering the game .
    Go to My Games section. Click the sims 4 picture. Click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the various pack sections, and you will find the packs that you own there. You can then download/install the packs there.

Cheers for this! :) What if it's another person's account like if I log onto say my sibling's account using my computer? I was told that they would not be able to get back in to it but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Hello
    Do you have your own account, or do you share the same account with your sibling? If you have the same account, you would be best to set up separate save games, so that you don't overwrite each other's games.
    You normally shouldn't share the same origin account, but with family in the one home it can be different. If you were sharing the same account with a friend , it is against EA rules and is not allowed.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    As Rosemow said, in the same house yeah, technically not allowed but to be honest, I've let my spouse log in on my account when he just wanted to browse games in the store. A friend that is not related, NO WAY or, a relative that does not live with you- NO WAY.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    BichassBichass Posts: 1 New Member
    I installed my game in my laptop and signed in toy origin account. Same account and everything but then I saw that I had to creat the first sim when you first start to play the game... no saved games? I feel like There's something I should know but I'm peetty sure that if you use your same account on a different computer you should still have the same Progress??
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Bichass wrote: »
    I installed my game in my laptop and signed in toy origin account. Same account and everything but then I saw that I had to creat the first sim when you first start to play the game... no saved games? I feel like There's something I should know but I'm peetty sure that if you use your same account on a different computer you should still have the same Progress??

Hello @Bichass
    Your sims 4 game data is only stored on the computer that you have sims 4 installed on and that you have been playing on.
    You need to make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder on your new laptop with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new laptop computer.
  • Options
    AnEndlessOceanAnEndlessOcean Posts: 3 New Member
    I apologize, I am having a similar problem as others on this thread-- I'd like to download Sims 4 onto another computer, but I don't quite understand where to start (especially because I can't consider myself very tech-savvy!) :/

The laptop I originally downloaded the game on has a cracked screen now, and dead pixels (as a direct cause of this crack) have been spreading throughout the screen very gradually. Because of this, I've been moving all of my stuff from this laptop to a makeshift one. I'd also like to move Sims 4 to this makeshift laptop, but I don't know whether I should first get Origin and then log into my account, or start by using the game's disc?

I am also aware I may need a flashdrive or thumbdrive in the process, and I do have a 16GB one I can easily clear off for use in this process. I'd just like to know where I should start from my current situation so I don't mess anything up or lose any of my progress/bought packs on the game!

By the way, as mentioned before, I do have the disc version of the game and not the exclusively digital version, but all of my game packs downloaded onto the game have been digital--just putting that out there if that clears anything up in the process! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I apologize, I am having a similar problem as others on this thread-- I'd like to download Sims 4 onto another computer, but I don't quite understand where to start (especially because I can't consider myself very tech-savvy!) :/

The laptop I originally downloaded the game on has a cracked screen now, and dead pixels (as a direct cause of this crack) have been spreading throughout the screen very gradually. Because of this, I've been moving all of my stuff from this laptop to a makeshift one. I'd also like to move Sims 4 to this makeshift laptop, but I don't know whether I should first get Origin and then log into my account, or start by using the game's disc?

I am also aware I may need a flashdrive or thumbdrive in the process, and I do have a 16GB one I can easily clear off for use in this process. I'd just like to know where I should start from my current situation so I don't mess anything up or lose any of my progress/bought packs on the game!

By the way, as mentioned before, I do have the disc version of the game and not the exclusively digital version, but all of my game packs downloaded onto the game have been digital--just putting that out there if that clears anything up in the process! :smiley:

Hello @AnEndlessOcean
    It would be best to first make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on the external drive.

The go to your other computer, and dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on this new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Then after installing the sims 4 game and packs onto this computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.
  • Options
    Hello @AnEndlessOcean
    It would be best to first make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on the external drive.

The go to your other computer, and dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on this new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Then after installing the sims 4 game and packs onto this computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.

Thank you so much, your super swift reply is very helpful and appreciated! :smiley: I will attempt this tonight then, and hopefully it will go smoothly!
  • Options
    Hello @AnEndlessOcean

Thank you so much, your super swift reply is very helpful and appreciated! :smiley: I will attempt this tonight then, and hopefully it will go smoothly!

Helllo :)
    I hope that everything goes well :)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    It don't matter most computer game lenses to use the software are for households only and not individuals, but I love EA and Maxis as being one of the best game programs for allowing a lot of copies of the game. I think before origin you were allowed 8 copies, I think origin has helped allow you to have the game on more than one computer as long as you have the same account active on that computer, and is tied to the account and not really tied to the computer.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options

Apologize for responding back so late, but I was only just able to transfer my Sims files over to my other laptop! It went extremely well, thank you so much for your help!
  • Options

Apologize for responding back so late, but I was only just able to transfer my Sims files over to my other laptop! It went extremely well, thank you so much for your help!

Hello :)
    I am glad that it went well. Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    JennyPenny15JennyPenny15 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question to ask. If I download the sims 4 on two computers shouldn't I be able to have one computer online and the signed into another account but still online? Example: I login into my sister's account and I download it on my computer completely, then I logout of my sister's account sign into mine then shouldn't I be able to play it online without any problems. Or does it go a different way? I just want to know because my computer is completely bonkers but I can still download stuff and I've been thinking about downloading CC and I really want to try. But not on my sister's PC so I just wanted to know would it be possible for me to download it on my computer completely, sign out, login, and have no problems. Or will it not work because my account didn't buy the game? Please help. Thank you!

- JennyPenny15
  • Options
    I have a question to ask. If I download the sims 4 on two computers shouldn't I be able to have one computer online and the signed into another account but still online? Example: I login into my sister's account and I download it on my computer completely, then I logout of my sister's account sign into mine then shouldn't I be able to play it online without any problems. Or does it go a different way? I just want to know because my computer is completely bonkers but I can still download stuff and I've been thinking about downloading CC and I really want to try. But not on my sister's PC so I just wanted to know would it be possible for me to download it on my computer completely, sign out, login, and have no problems. Or will it not work because my account didn't buy the game? Please help. Thank you!

- JennyPenny15

Hello
    The game is linked to only one account. The game would only be available on your sister's account. If you log in to your account on the computer, the game won't be there. It is linked to the one account that it was first registered to, not linked to the computer that it has been downloaded onto.
  • Options
    Jazzy95Jazzy95 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you want to install Sims 4 on another computer do you install origin on your second computer and log in? Will it say to download Sims 4 on the computer
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Jazzy95 wrote: »
    If you want to install Sims 4 on another computer do you install origin on your second computer and log in? Will it say to download Sims 4 on the computer

Hello
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. You need to download and install Origin onto the second computer. Then log into origin on your second computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the first computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Your save game files and library items will need to be transferred over also, if you want to play the same save games and have your libary items to use.
    Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your first computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the secind computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your second computer.

You can’t be online playing the Sims games on both computers at the same time though.
  • Options
    americniteamericnite Posts: 107 Member
    Hi, Jazzy 95 I downloaded Sims to another computer from Origin. I logged on with my user name and password. I own the games and can place on any computer. However, I did notice that I began playing on the new computer without placing my SIMS 4 folder on the new computer. So now I have my older content on my older computer. My new computer has my more recent content. So make sure that you place your SIMS 4 folder on the new computer like Rosemow recommends to do.