Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best computer for Sims 4 and other gaming?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cities Skylines likes CPU power, and your Sims game will benefit from that too.

If you don't take your computer to school much @crisv3003 you might do better with a good desktop system (which saves you money later, as you upgrade just parts as needed) and a cheap, lightweight laptop for schoolwork - or just switch to taking lecture notes by hand and copying them out if needed later.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    yeah i understand that, i live in Sweden where its easier to get stuff but its very expensive xD do you know any costa rican sites that sells PC/laptops? maybe i could find one, though im not good with desktops
  • Options
    crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member

If you don't take your computer to school much @crisv3003 you might do better with a good desktop system (which saves you money later, as you upgrade just parts as needed) and a cheap, lightweight laptop for schoolwork - or just switch to taking lecture notes by hand and copying them out if needed later.

Yeah, what you think about built computers?
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    alienprincess18alienprincess18 Posts: 17 Member
    acer is good
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    crisv3003 wrote: »

Where I live, a custom desktop computer is generally the best value you can get. You don't have to build it yourself - you can pay a company to do that part for you. (In my family, some of us are happy to do our own putting-parts-together, others not so confident about it.) On these forums, @chesterbigbird is particularly good at helping people order custom desktop computers - just let her know where you are and what your budget is, and whether you already have a monitor and keyboard. (Many people do have those to use with laptops.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    uhhmandaxxuhhmandaxx Posts: 17 Member
    canirunthis . com is the best site it will tell you if your computer has the right specs for any game as well as you can enter custom computer specs to make sure a computer your thinking of buying will run your game!
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    I've always thought about this too.
  • Options
    yeah i understand that, i live in Sweden where its easier to get stuff but its very expensive xD do you know any costa rican sites that sells PC/laptops? maybe i could find one, though im not good with desktops

Better not to waste your time with that. But thank you. I bougth my actual laptop on august 2014, but its a very low end (http://support.hp.com/bo-es/document/c04083857) , I can barely play so even a PC with the recomended specs is a great improvement.. But at the yesterday one side of the screen that links it to the CPU got broken and cant be fixed without spending like 120$, anyway I still can use it. But I receive the good news that my grandma is gonna lend me the money :D
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    uhhmandaxx wrote: »
    canirunthis . com is the best site it will tell you if your computer has the right specs for any game as well as you can enter custom computer specs to make sure a computer your thinking of buying will run your game!

Never use can you run it webs. They do not include patches and add on to the game. Look at recommended requirements on the Origin web and own a computer that meets the recommended requirements to survive all the add ons
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Where I live, a custom desktop computer is generally the best value you can get. You don't have to build it yourself - you can pay a company to do that part for you. (In my family, some of us are happy to do our own putting-parts-together, others not so confident about it.) On these forums, @chesterbigbird is particularly good at helping people order custom desktop computers - just let her know where you are and what your budget is, and whether you already have a monitor and keyboard. (Many people do have those to use with laptops.)

Better not to waste your time with that. But thank you. I bougth my actual laptop on august 2014, but its a very low end (http://support.hp.com/bo-es/document/c04083857) , I can barely play so even a PC with the recomended specs is a great improvement.. But at the yesterday one side of the screen that links it to the CPU got broken and cant be fixed without spending like 120$, anyway I still can use it. But I receive the good news that my grandma is gonna lend me the money :D

It will be hard to find a computer in Costa Rica. I just went looking. Just to buy hardware parts to build yourself that meet requirements for this game are very high. AMD is usually cheaper than intel. Just to get an AMD 8000 cpu is close to $500 http://www.tecuncr.com/computadoras-amd/163-cpu-8-core-fx-8350-40ghz-125w-am3-black-edition.html

To get 4000 seried intel i5 is a little cheaper but still over $400 http://www.tecuncr.com/computadoras-intel-/11-cpu-core-i5-4440-31ghz-.html
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Can you look into my post, it kinda if got lost in the comments. It was a new pc I found and posted about today
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    JSimmy wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 Can you look into my post, it kinda if got lost in the comments. It was a new pc I found and posted about today

This is not a bad deal.. good cpu and very strong gpu
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBL8BER/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

The more than meets requirements to run the game https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NBL8BER/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
  • Options

Thanks so much!
  • Options

Thanks so much!

your very welcome
  • Options
    Shelden17Shelden17 Posts: 5 New Member
    Is a dell inspiron i5-6400 8GB ram with an NVIDIA GeForce 730 GDDR3 good to run the sims 4?
  • Options

Never use can you run it webs. They do not include patches and add on to the game. Look at recommended requirements on the Origin web and own a computer that meets the recommended requirements to survive all the add ons

Do you think that these pages are good to compare for example whichs graphics card is superior than this one. I found this page http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/rank-my-computer/processor/rank/. Just to compare?
  • Options

Do you think that these pages are good to compare for example whichs graphics card is superior than this one. I found this page http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/rank-my-computer/processor/rank/. Just to compare?

Do not use those programs, if you wish to compare hardware against the recommended specs then go here :
    http://gpuboss.com
    And type in which cards you wish to compare.. you can also use the cpuboss and ssdboss (upper right corner.)
    Also when comparing make sure you look at the benchmark section as this will give you an idea about gaming performance.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Is a i5-6400 3.3GHRZ 8GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 730 GDDR3 going to run the sims 4 well? I have a 2002 version of windows XP right now and need an upgrade because my processor is very old
  • Options
    Shelden17 wrote: »
    Is a i5-6400 3.3GHRZ 8GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 730 GDDR3 going to run the sims 4 well? I have a 2002 version of windows XP right now and need an upgrade because my processor is very old

You need a better video card. A GTX card with ddr 5 vram . The 730 card is a GT card and only ddr3 vram. The game requires a GTX 650 or better. They don't make 600 series anymore. They don't make 700 series any more. If you find a 700 series it's a left over.

I would not advise trying to upgrade an old XP computer. It would not be able to handle newer hardware. the 6000 and 7000 series intel processors need a new motherboard and DDR 4 ram.

You would be better off with a new computer
  • Options
    Well the i5-6400 3.3GHZ 8GB ram is the computer I'm gonna buy if it's gonna be worth it do u think it will run my game better? Cuz now I have a dell Inspiron and it runs windows XP so I'm sure anything I get is better
  • Options
    Shelden17 wrote: »
    Well the i5-6400 3.3GHZ 8GB ram is the computer I'm gonna buy if it's gonna be worth it do u think it will run my game better? Cuz now I have a dell Inspiron and it runs windows XP so I'm sure anything I get is better

That processor is fine and so is the amount of ram. Its the video card. The game requires a GTX 650 card or higher. They don't make the 600 series anymore. You really need a GTX 750 ti or higher in the 700 series, 900 series you want a GTX 950 or higher , 1000 series you want a GTX 1050 or higher.

You also need to make sure the case has good cooling and room for upgrades.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 @chesterbigbird Helllooo! Now that I've chosen the computer (CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme VR Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive - Black/blue), what kind of monitor do you recommend for this? Im going to Best Buy tomorrow most likely purchase. I don't want anything larger than a 23" monitor. Please and Thank You! :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @phoebebebe13 @chesterbigbird Helllooo! Now that I've chosen the computer (CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme VR Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive - Black/blue), what kind of monitor do you recommend for this? Im going to Best Buy tomorrow most likely purchase. I don't want anything larger than a 23" monitor. Please and Thank You! :smile:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-23-ips-led-hd-monitor-silver/8767053.p?skuId=8767053
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-23-widescreen-led-monitor-black/3706239.p?skuId=3706239
    The ips screen will give you better colour and image quality.
    Do you have a budget?
    Remember while your at bestbuy to buy a HDMI cable, most monitors do not have one included.
    Also you need to consider speakers.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird Hmm I'm thinking no more than $100 really, possible leeway but I'm not looking to spend anywhere towards $200. I saw a AOC ($99) and Samsung($82) . Online they got great reviews. Although I'm not really familiar with the AOC brands. Arghh shopping for a PC is exhausting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top