Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favorite Sims Gender

Comments

• Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Males.It seems like I play female sims more often though. I play rotational generations. Every save I play tends to prefer girls being born into the game. I usually have to make my own males to plot around.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I usually find myself playing females more. I'm not sure why, but I do. I still play males, but not AS often. Like...when I try a new legacy attempt, I end up with starting with a female. Only recently (like the last week or two) I made my first male Legacy try. Failed to produce ONE heir. Kept getting twins and then triplets, all females...
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited January 2017
    Females. Maybe it's because I'm a girl but, I love dressing them up, finding them someone to date, having children, picking their wedding dresses, make overs, etc... I'm the same way with my sims children... I prefer for them to have girls... I just love it!

I prefer playing females. I have two sons that mean everything to me but I've always wished for a little girl also. It wasn't meant to be so I usually play little girls. I love dressing them up in cute clothes( lace and ruffles <3 ) and cute hairstyles and decorating their rooms in pretty feminine styles and colors. So until my granddaughter makes an appearance (no news but soon I hope!) I'll have to make do with my girly girls in my game.

That's so funny. I fear that when I eventually have children I will keep having boys because I want a girl. My grandfather had 5 girls, but he was determined to have a boy... the last pregnancy he ended up having a boy lol. Needless to say my grandmother had her hands full. But I hope you get a granddaughter!
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Female. I'm a male in the real world, so it's fun to change it up when I'm playing video games.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I create and play pretty female Sims more only so I can safe guard the beauty of their offsprings
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I like creating females but playing males.
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    Female i tend to make them more often. They are pretty. guys are handsome but you know girls have all the right stuff ;)
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Female. There's more options for them. I literally always have lesbian sims and make it so one of them can have children.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Females. I don't really play males unless my female sim marries one.
    And when their children grow up, I always move onto the next generation with a female.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'd say I play both relatively equally depending on the story I wish to create. For me it seems important to create a life story for every family for some reason. If I had to pick though, I'd say I have a slight tendency to start my generational play with female sims, but I always make the 'partner' be the baby factory, doesn't matter if they are boys or girls, because my main sim has aspirations to achieve!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Females, because they have much more clothing options and CC. But I do like those males that look/are a little unusual, like an evil vampire grandpa or a kind-of-mad-but-mostly-clumsy scientist.

Also, while I can easily find a female partner among those generated or pre-made Sims, I have to consult the gallery in order to get nice looking males :D (but that got better in the latest patch)
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    I like to play with both female and male. Depends on what I think I'm going to do, what career I want and so on. I use to figure out what house I want to build, and what career I want my Sim to have, and then I start making a Sim that will fit my story.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    I don't have a preference in game. I usually start a new game with female though. Largely, I suppose because I am female and thus find it easier to identify with. True of most games I play.

Hit the nail on the head, though after last years gender patch I have found myself creating transgender as a founder/starting sim!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't have a particular preference.

I do play mostly females first until they get married, IF they get married.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I create more females but I think that's because they have more options. I usually just grab a good looking male sim from the gallery and edit him a bit to my preferences. But I enjoy playing both.
  • Options
    ChristinabeeChristinabee Posts: 22 Member
    My main sim is female but I love her husband and their 3 sons the most (they have 2 daughters as well). I really love CC for males!
  • Options
    BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    I always prefer the female sims. I would like the male sims more if they had more content in Create-A-Sim. I just have more fun making females.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I play a couple, but I lean more toward the male Sim, my sims always have a boy, only one child to have a male heir, to keep the name going. I mostly play the male sims is a painter and the female is a author, each striving toward the top. they never work at a career. My sim just had a son and I am waiting for him to turn into a toddler. I am excited to see what he is like.
  • Options
    EmeraldDSEmeraldDS Posts: 42 Member
    I try to balance it, but I like creating female sims more just because they not only have more CC, but prettier CC (and prettier base-game content too). They just look so pretty, gah!
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I play both pretty evenly.
    I absolutely love the transgender patch! I love how males can use the females hairstyles. My husband has long hair. I've made 4 Sims of him.
    I've made 4 transgendered Sims. I play them and forget about their gender. Then I get pop ups saying He instead of She. It's kinda shocking. So confusing.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Females, hands down.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    If I want to play longer than one generation, I'm usually having to start with a male. They really didn't balance anything with households and there are better choices among the single females, than males. Just about all the the single male sims are deadbeats or betas.
  • Options
    EerieEerie Posts: 28 New Member
    Female. I'm a sucker for sexy ladies.
  • Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    I love playing males. I like playing Alien males in particular, because the disguises and superpowers are so much fun.

I recently challenged myself to get the achievement where your sim marries someone without them ever discovering that they're an alien. I felt a little bad for his girlfriend/fiance, because I had him erase her memory each time the gig was up.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I enjoy playing both but my very favorite sim is a dude.