March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    yupp wrote: »
    Can I extend pregnancy with this mod?

Yes, you can.

In MCCC you find the option for changing pregnancy duration in this path:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy... > Other Pregnancy... > Pregnancy Duration

y3mLkufoOTz5nTM0fw645ucX7UawvkDs-y_wQ-kYw0g-EIfN8QyNj6I3hTIYxNu0jmZDndAm7Eor7hdIxUHPZUBKXlcRp5tU3h2BOigqgHgntOSV9Wr2jKQTt2mhV1UQLozQ-Sm-1jezVRMVkyo93uAHCv-720ZnjvU9YFKvTvit9I?width=367&height=335&cropmode=none

Please be aware, that now after the 1.26 patch a lot of things could be changed during further development. At the moment we don't have a final MCCC Version for this patch level, only the hot fixes (for the time being 3.0.4C) to keep the mod in a more or less stable working state.

If you have any questions, please ask.
    Have Fun!

#MCCC #Pregnancy #howto
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Can I extend pregnancy with this mod?

Yes, you can.

In MCCC you find the option for changing pregnancy duration in this path:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy... > Other Pregnancy... > Pregnancy Duration

y3mLkufoOTz5nTM0fw645ucX7UawvkDs-y_wQ-kYw0g-EIfN8QyNj6I3hTIYxNu0jmZDndAm7Eor7hdIxUHPZUBKXlcRp5tU3h2BOigqgHgntOSV9Wr2jKQTt2mhV1UQLozQ-Sm-1jezVRMVkyo93uAHCv-720ZnjvU9YFKvTvit9I?width=367&height=335&cropmode=none

Please be aware, that now after the 1.26 patch a lot of things could be changed during further development. At the moment we don't have a final MCCC Version for this patch level, only the hot fixes (for the time being 3.0.4C) to keep the mod in a more or less stable working state.

Have Fun!

#MCCC #Pregnancy #howto

Thank you very much. My other question is, say I set re pregnancy length for 6 days. Will that automatically make each trimester 2 days each?

• itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited January 2017
    @egwarhammer

First huge thanks to you and Deaderpool for your hard work. These mods enhance the game so much! I'm having an issue though. I've updated to MCCC 3.0.4c and dl'd your new woohoo.package to go with it. However, MCCC isn't working for me in game at all. I checked the log and found this.
    Screen%20Shot%202017-01-14%20at%202.03.16%20PM_zps53gmahet.png

Could the woohoo package be the problem?

EDIT:

Just took the common sense route and tested this myself.
    I took out the woohoo script/package and MCCC still wouldn't work in game, even though it showed up on the mods list. So my next question, for anyone who can answer, do I have to scrap my settings from the last version since it's a major update? Per the image, maybe there's a flag setting I have that doesn't exist anymore?

EDIT:

That's not it either. Idk what's up but it's just not working for me. The version pop up doesn't happen and MCCC is not an option on computers or sims. :|
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
    edited January 2017
    Thank you very much. My other question is, say I set re pregnancy length for 6 days. Will that automatically make each trimester 2 days each?

Sorry, I never changed this value before, so I don't know. But my guess is, that the trimesters will be proportional extended, because code scripting is closely related to mathematics and not to chaos. Examples: 6 days/2 days each trimester, 18 days/6 days each, 47 days/15,6667 days each.

The easiest way would be to make a backup of your savegames and to give it a try... :wink:

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member

Sorry, I never changed this value before, so I don't know. But my guess is, that the trimesters will be proportional extended, because code scripting is closely related to mathematics and not to chaos. Examples: 6 days/2 days each trimester, 18 days/6 days each, 47 days/15,6667 days each.

The easiest way would be to make a backup of your savegames and to give it a try... :wink:
    Ok thank you!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    @egwarhammer

First huge thanks to you and Deaderpool for your hard work. These mods enhance the game so much! I'm having an issue though. I've updated to MCCC 3.0.4c and dl'd your new woohoo.package to go with it. However, MCCC isn't working for me in game at all. I checked the log and found this.
    Screen%20Shot%202017-01-14%20at%202.03.16%20PM_zps53gmahet.png

Could the woohoo package be the problem?

EDIT:

Just took the common sense route and tested this myself.
    I took out the woohoo script/package and MCCC still wouldn't work in game, even though it showed up on the mods list. So my next question, for anyone who can answer, do I have to scrap my settings from the last version since it's a major update? Per the image, maybe there's a flag setting I have that doesn't exist anymore?

EDIT:

That's not it either. Idk what's up but it's just not working for me. The version pop up doesn't happen and MCCC is not an option on computers or sims. :|

Try redownloading both files again and reinstalling from the fresh copies. You might move your config file to your desktop and let the mod make a new fresh one... but then you could probably switch them back between loads and have your real file updated for 304c settings.

I wonder if there's an error in it... have you edited that file manually lately?

Handy link: http://jsonlint.com/

That's a file validation site. Open the cfg file with a text editor, Select All, and Copy. Almost 700 lines long now. :o

But paste it into the box at the site, it'll fit. Then hit Validate at the bottom, and it'll either tell you it's a Valid JSON file, or it'll highlight where any error is, AND what it's expecting and not finding there. Python is verrrrrrrrrrrry picky. >.<

I'm hoping a redownload/reinstall will get you going. 304c was posted just after midnight eastern today... I didn't know it was there till I got home after 7.

Running out of time, as usual... but weekends are fun at work. It'll be busy. 2 to go!

Back when I can.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    its going to be a while before i download the update. i still can't log in to orgin so i did something dum and deleted the game . i can't get it back til orgins servers work again.

hope everyones weekend is going well
    its going to be a while before i download the update. i still can't log in to orgin so i did something dum and deleted the game . i can't get it back til orgins servers work again.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Origin? Mine is working fine. Lots of people are online. If you aren't, it's something between you and them, I'd think.

Maybe the last update (right before the toddler patch) got snagged on your computer, that happened to me on one a while back, sometime before Christmas, I think. I deleted it and redownloaded/reinstalled it, and it's been fine ever since.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Origin? Mine is working fine. Lots of people are online. If you aren't, it's something between you and them, I'd think.

Maybe the last update (right before the toddler patch) got snagged on your computer, that happened to me on one a while back, sometime before Christmas, I think. I deleted it and redownloaded/reinstalled it, and it's been fine ever since.

the game is greyed out right now so i can't do anything.
    @Bonxie can you lead @friendsfan367 through how to delete and reinstall origin? It needs your special touch, if you wouldn't mind??
    <3
    @Bonxie can you lead @friendsfan367 through how to delete and reinstall origin? It needs your special touch, if you wouldn't mind??
    <3

isn't she in bed now?
    Who knows? But she'll see that whenever she comes on next. I have work prep looming, but I can tell you you'll need to exit out of origin if you have it always running. You can't delete it till you turn it off on your computer. And deleting the game is why that's gray.

Bonxie's picture/spoiler directions are WAY better than my wall of text variety. You're better off waiting to see if she's okay with taking this on. I'll check tomorrow, when I have more time, to see where things are then.
    Who knows? But she'll see that whenever she comes on next. I have work prep looming, but I can tell you you'll need to exit out of origin if you have it always running. You can't delete it till you turn it off on your computer. And deleting the game is why that's gray.

Bonxie's picture/spoiler directions are WAY better than my wall of text variety. You're better off waiting to see if she's okay with taking this on. I'll check tomorrow, when I have more time, to see where things are then.

see you tomorrow. hopefully work won't be to stressful.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

the game is greyed out right now so i can't do anything.

I have had similar problems with Origin in the past. This solved it http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/. You might like to try it @friendsfan367 before you do an Origin re-install.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,872 Member
    edited January 2017
    I understand the modders are under a lot of pressure. I understand it's not easy.
    Having said that I would like to ask a question:
    Do I right now have to have all modules of MC Command Centre? I only have the mod to extend the Adult lifespan without making the others longer. Prior to the latest EA patch, I only had the base/basic module of MC installed.
    Right now on Mod the Sims I am only seeing the All Modules 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 on offer.

If I do need to download the new file with all modules (absent a base only) can someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to know about the other modules? Please.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2017
    NRowe wrote: »
    I understand the modders are under a lot of pressure. I understand it's not easy.
    Having said that I would like to ask a question:
    Do I right now have to have all modules of MC Command Centre? I only have the mod to extend the Adult lifespan without making the others longer. Prior to the latest EA patch, I only had the base/basic module of MC installed.
    Right now on Mod the Sims I am only seeing the All Modules 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 on offer.

You don't have to install all the modules.

DP has started uploading the modules as an 'All Modules' file to make it quicker and easier to deploy new versions of the mod. Also, there is less chance people will get mismatched versions of the individual modules in their games.

Download the 'All Modules' file. Version 3.0.3 is pre-toddler update. Version 3.0.4 is post-toddler update. Unzip the downloaded file. You only need to put the modules that you want into your Mods folder. From your description that would be:
    mc_cmd_center.package
    mc_cmd_center.ts4script

When you enter live mode (play a household) you should see a blue window confirming MC has loaded and showing the current version 3.0.4c.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,872 Member
    Thanks @Cyclelegs B)
    edited January 2017
    ...the game is greyed out right now so i can't do anything...

That's funny! Because I'm always looking for the meaning of a greyed out game in Origin. Mine is greyed out almost every time I open Origin. And it's changing: Most of the time it's greyed out, but sometimes not and I don't see a reason why. As far as I remember it started, when EA changed the Origin UI with an update last fall.

Tagging @crinrict. Maybe she knows the meaning of a greyed out game in the Origin library from her work at the EA Answer HQ.

But... ;) I don't launch the game from Origin, so it doesn't matter for me, whether it's greyed out or not. :)
    I always play with Origin set to offline mode, so
    I have to start Origin first by double-clicking the Origin icon,
    so I can manually activate the offline option.
    Afterwards I double-click the Sims 4 executable TS4_x64.exe
    or TS4.exe if you prefer the 32bit version
    and the game starts no matter whether it's greyed out or not.

I only use the online mode for patching or installing EP/GP/SP.

I created a desktop shortcut to the executable and therefore I don't have to dig into the game folder every time I want to play. Normally the exe file is located on your c-drive in the path <C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin> (assuming you play the Windows version).

It's pretty much the same as bypassing the Sims 3 launcher in former times (perhaps you remember).

But it has to work the way it's meant to be, and therefore reinstalling Origin is a good idea, if @Cyclelegs suggestion to delete the Origin cache files doesn't work.

If you really have to reinstall Origin do the following (again assuming you're running windows):

1. Backup your "The Sims 4"-folder (click on 'show')
    • It's normally located in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Electronic Arts
    • Copy the whole folder "The Sims 4" at least to your Desktop or - better - to an external storage media like an USB key or USB hard drive.
    • It's only a precaution but having a backup at hand is always a good option

2. Uninstall Origin (click on 'show')
    1. If Origin is still running, stop it. Go to the system tray in the lower right corner of your desktop, right-click the Origin icon and choose "Quit Origin".
    2. Go to "Control Panel" on your computer
    3. Click on the "Programs" section
    4. Click "Origin" in the list of programs
    5. Click "Uninstall"

3. Go to the Origin website and download the current Origin client (click on 'show')
    1. Open the Origin website https://www.origin.com/en-us/download in your browser
    2. Choose the download section which corresponds to your computer's OS (Windows or Mac).
    3. Save the file "OriginThinSetup.exe" on your computer, i. e. in the "Download" folder or on your desktop.

4. Install Origin again (click on 'show')
    1. Got to the folder, where you saved the download using Windows Explorer.
    2. Double-click the file "OriginThinSetup.exe" and follow the instructions on your screen

#Origin #install
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • SimsALaClaudiaSimsALaClaudia Posts: 9 New Member
    Does anyone here know how to get the MC Command Center on a MacBook? I used to have it, loved it, but with a new update it was deleted... Can't find the video I used to install it anymore and it's just not working..
    edited January 2017
    Does anyone here know how to get the MC Command Center on a MacBook? I used to have it, loved it, but with a new update it was deleted... Can't find the video I used to install it anymore and it's just not working..

I don't speak Mac, but in the end it should be the same as in Windows.
    1. Check the prerequisites for running Mods and CC in the game options.
    2. Shut down your game if it's currently running.
    3. Download the zip file (link) to a hard disk location of your choice. Current file name is McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_4.zip with file date 2017/01/14. File Version is 3.0.4C (only visible after game start up).
    4. Unzip it.
    5. Copy the unzipped *.package and *.ts4script files to your mod-folder in your Sims 4 user profile.
    6. Restart your game
    That's all :)

Tagging the Mac MCCC luminary @itsug for confirmation and perhaps more information.

Have Fun!

#MCCC #Install #Mac
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'm having some issues with MC Command Center. The game is treating my teens like they are toddlers. Their parents have options like "give bath to," "get food for" and "potty train" for their teens. I'm not sure if this is a MCCC issue or if it is conflicting with another mod, but it resolves when I remove MCCC.

Example -

With MCCC:
    0YjQQ5g.png

Without MCCC:
    aWcLcxP.png
    edited January 2017
    I'm having some issues with MC Command Center. The game is treating my teens like they are toddlers. Their parents have options like "give bath to," "get food for" and "potty train" for their teens. I'm not sure if this is a MCCC issue or if it is conflicting with another mod, but it resolves when I remove MCCC.

Example...

What version of MCCC are you using at the moment?
    Make sure that it is the current version 3.0.4C, released yesterday 2017/01/14. You can check it with the blue info box, showing up automatically in the upper right screen corner after you entered a lot.

What happens if you remove all other Mods except of MCCC?

Are there any error messages in your MCCC log file 'mc_cmd_center.log'?
    You find it in the same directory where the other MC files are.

Probably you have to activate verbose logging first. Please check whether
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging is set to enabled.

Normally the log file's content will be deleted and renewed every time after restarting the game. You might activate the "Append to Logfile" function to have more information. Please check whether
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Append to Logfile is also set to enabled.

#MCCC #Troubleshooting

• NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member

Make sure that it is the current version 3.0.4C, released yesterday 2017/01/14. You can check it with the blue info box, showing up automatically in the upper right screen corner after you entered a lot.

I'm using the current version.

The problem persists.

No.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging is set to enabled.

Normally the log file's content will be deleted and renewed every time after restarting the game. You might activate the "Append to Logfile" function to have more information. Please check whether
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Append to Logfile is also set to enabled.

I have activated these now, re-entered and re-exited the game. This is all that's in my log file:

[01/15/17 05:29:40]Initializing MC Command Center version: 3.0.4C...
    [01/15/17 05:30:48]Initializing Zone Data...
    [01/15/17 05:38:57]Initializing MC Command Center version: 3.0.4C...

edited January 2017

I'm using the current version.

The problem persists.

No.

I have activated these now, re-entered and re-exited the game. This is all that's in my log file:

[01/15/17 05:29:40]Initializing MC Command Center version: 3.0.4C...
    [01/15/17 05:30:48]Initializing Zone Data...
    [01/15/17 05:38:57]Initializing MC Command Center version: 3.0.4C...

Hmm - strange. Probably it's really a bug in MCCC, which nobody has found so far. I can't tell for sure.

Don't forget that we are running some sort of emergency state at the moment. As always QA is done by the users because EA doesn't make any prereleases. Mods can't be checked and adapted before main release. MCCC is only fixed so far that it works without causing trouble. There are no content additions in the mod code, which deal directly with toddlers and all the other changes Maxis made with patch 1.26 in the game core.

Imho best idea would be to get in contact with @Deaderpool and post the issue on the MCCC home page, also with the info that log files are clean.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top