Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will I Lose My Saved Games If I Uninstall/Reinstall Origin?

The game is freezes up every few minutes while I am playing. I am going to try uninstalling then reinstalling Origin to see if that helps, but I am afraid I will lose everything.
Playing the Sims since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There are a lot of other things worth trying first.

Go into Origin and see if it's reset you to the 32-bit version of the game when before you were on the 64-bit version. That's cleared up the lag for many people.

If that's not an issue or not enough, try playing with Origin offline. That helped a lot of other people.

Most of the rest of people have been helped by dragging their Tray folder out of the gameplay folder to somewhere else. The Tray folder is your Library. Removing it for now won't affect your saves or your Gallery uploads, and you can put it back in if you need to access the Library.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    You can make a copy of your save file and after reinstalling just put in back in :). I've done this and it works.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The game is freezes up every few minutes while I am playing. I am going to try uninstalling then reinstalling Origin to see if that helps, but I am afraid I will lose everything.

Simply back up your "Saves" and "Tray" folder under Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 before reinstalling Origin. Just copy and paste over them when you get Sims 4 installed again. This way you won't lose any of your saves!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016
    samsims wrote: »
    Yes you would lost all your stuff

Actually, normally not at all. Origin reinstalling doesn't touch your games, bugs excepted. But it's always worth having a backup of any file you care about.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CozySimCozySim Posts: 25 New Member
    I uninstalled and reinstalled origin several times to fix an error when starting my game, and didn't lose any of my saves.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Come to think of it I did switch to 64 bit a few days ago. I'll try switching back and see if that fixes it.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    AbbieL2805AbbieL2805 Posts: 1 New Member
    My Origin won't install as it says it can't connect to the internet when I'm fully connected (well I have full wifi) I've spent a day trying to install the update on a website but it's taking AGES I as wondering if I uninstalled origin would I lose everything in my sims 4 game my mum suggested it but I'm not sure what will happen please help!!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    AbbieL2805 wrote: »
    My Origin won't install as it says it can't connect to the internet when I'm fully connected (well I have full wifi) I've spent a day trying to install the update on a website but it's taking AGES I as wondering if I uninstalled origin would I lose everything in my sims 4 game my mum suggested it but I'm not sure what will happen please help!!

uninstalling and reinstalling origin does not effect your game
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    AbbieL2805 wrote: »

Hello
    Uninstalling and reinstalling origin won't cause you to lose your sims 4 game. Your save games are in your Documents - electronic arts -sims 4 - saves folder. The sims 4 folder is not altered when uninstalling and reinstalling origin.