Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festivals are mainly a recycle of the same stuff that we have

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,505 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    I thought something was wrong with me after seeing everyone in the comments say "Can't believe how much content we're getting!!! Eps are getting so much better!!! Cant waitt!!" They really are making all that look like new content, now I know why I wasn't satisfied.
    I'm already done with sims telling jokes with the microphone, playing video games, doing the same romantic interactions all the time etc.

There could be a lot of new interactions and festival things we could do but we get this instead. I can easily create the festivals that are tied to emotions like humor, romance myself. Just put some objects that'll make your sims feel a particular emotion in a place and there you go, "festival". Are they even trying anymore?

Yes but the festivals add the food booths and souvineer shops which are both new and in one case flea markets.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Keep in mind the livestream hasn't been shown yet. There may be more to festivals then the trailer showed.

oh god didnt you say the same things before it always go back to a letdown no matter what
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    I love that they are reusing base game things. I don't want EPs to feel like a completely new and separate affair, I want to see a mix of old and new.

Yeah, it'd be a real shame to pay new money for new things wouldn't it?

If these new things are completely disconnected, yes it very much would be. I want to feel like I'm playing one big game, and not a clumsy accumulation of features who don't go together.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    I thought something was wrong with me after seeing everyone in the comments say "Can't believe how much content we're getting!!! Eps are getting so much better!!! Cant waitt!!" They really are making all that look like new content, now I know why I wasn't satisfied.

I think it's more that, and I've said this before, but people do not like to see a brand they enjoy fail. There was an actual study on consumer-brand relationships that found people subconciously see the failure of a brand they enjoy as a personal failure. AKA if you love Pepsi and then one day Pepsi goes bankrupt, not only are you upset you might not be able to find and purchase Pepsi anymore, but you likewise subconciously feel like you yourself have poor judgement or aren't very intelligent for not having understood that this would happen. All of those subconcious critiques are unwarranted of course, but it's difficult to stop sub-concious thought processes.

Here? Sims 4 is clearly struggling (no, sales figures =/= quality. Sales figures only signify quality in terms of brand recognition and marketing), so some people are upset by that. Part of it is what I mentioned above, the other part I'm sure is a "hero worship" of sorts where people don't want to see a beloved franchise struggle.

The problem is that sweeping these problems under the rug and pretending they don't exist doesn't do anything to ensure we don't get more of these problems when they release EP4. I really wish people would just learn to think and assess things more critically when reviewing a game. It's not about being a jerk or trying to ruin people's day or anything, it's about providing the Sims team with feedback they can use to improve future content.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    At anyrate I love the new rose pedal carpet they had at the romance festival.
  • Options
    Keep in mind the livestream hasn't been shown yet. There may be more to festivals then the trailer showed.

oh god didnt you say the same things before it always go back to a letdown no matter what

A lot of time livestreams changes peoples mind and they show things that they kept secret for the stream. Also next week simscamp info is being revealed on CL. We'll find out a lot they've been holding back on.

I try not to judge a feature or pack until we have all the info on it. Livestreams show stuff that blogs and trailers miss.

i am pretty sure if there iss anything cool they want to show they would show in the trailer and not a livestream, livestream may be good place for some but not all people go there people useualy check trailers and advertising campaigns, they might show some new stuff in the live stream but not the jucey stuff that will gain real attrection which should be in trailers
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Romance NPC is new. He's the romance guru.

Here's my bet, everyone remember it. You guys ready?

You talk to the Romance Guru, he gives you a reading of some kind, and then you get!!!!!!!

A moodlet buff. Happy, Sad, Angry, Flirty, etc etc. He gives moodlet buffs. Because as we all know, EA clearly hasn't explored and copy-pasted the moods system enough already.

I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I expect that he either makes it so the next Sim your sim speaks to gets an automatic boost to their relationship (or bestows an interaction on your sim that does the same; the trailer looked like maybe the festival awards a temporary new social interaction), or he matches you with another existing Sim. If I'm right about the moodlet buffs though...? I better not ever hear another word from any users here about how I'm "just being negative," cause yeah, that'd be proof that's not the case.

maybe his like sims 2 matchmakr npc would give a random date
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member

You talk to the Romance Guru, he gives you a reading of some kind, and then you get!!!!!!!

A moodlet buff. Happy, Sad, Angry, Flirty, etc etc. He gives moodlet buffs. Because as we all know, EA clearly hasn't explored and copy-pasted the moods system enough already.

I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I expect that he either makes it so the next Sim your sim speaks to gets an automatic boost to their relationship (or bestows an interaction on your sim that does the same; the trailer looked like maybe the festival awards a temporary new social interaction), or he matches you with another existing Sim. If I'm right about the moodlet buffs though...? I better not ever hear another word from any users here about how I'm "just being negative," cause yeah, that'd be proof that's not the case.

That's what I'm thinking, will choose a random date or love potion. Meh... I'd rather have the atteraction system back.
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    At anyrate I love the new rose pedal carpet they had at the romance festival.

A real game changer :D

The fact that I can place it anywear to look like the rose pedals in Master Suites rocks and there is even some in the new elepant fountain.
  • Options

That's what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »

That's what I'm thinking, will choose a random date or love potion. Meh... I'd rather have the atteraction system back.

oh how much i mess that back when love had a meaning
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member

That's what I also thought, it's probably going to be a moodlet related thing just like everything else in this game.
    I wish we got some actual gameplay instead of all these emotion triggering nonsense. Emotions are flawed and there's really no point in basing everything on them. The lot traits also give you moodlets right? I can already make a house and decorate it with objects that give off romantic aura and there it is, a house with a trait. Just so basic.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,294 Member
    Aren't lot traits going to be in a patch . Not saying all the pacific ones i city living are going to be patch . ( Some are feature , and tie in ) But the lot patches ability would be patch ?
  • Options
    Aren't lot traits going to be in a patch . Not saying all the pacific ones i city living are going to be patch . ( Some are feature , and tie in ) But the lot patches ability would be patch ?

Some are but not all. Some are specific to City Living.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I just watched the video and the festivals are mainly a recycle of the same stuff that we have!!

There might be only one or nothing new at each festival.
    Going by what they showed in the video:

Geekcon:
    1- Taking pics from your mobile? whats new in this lol?
    2- Sitting in front of the computer to show it as a competition? What is new? a new pop up notification suggesting the sims competing?
    3- Those games that came with the earlier EP GT?
    4- Building your rocket science skill???
    5- The only thing I see new in this is the new added console!!

Do I need to get my sim out of his house to play a console??

Humor Festival:
    This is even worse than the geekcon! So the whole festival just turn sims into funny mode as if there is a huge funny aura enabled object there so the sims will keep doing the same reactions they do right now when they feel funny!! A voodoo doll, a microphone to tell the jokes!! What is this?? Nothing new.

Spice Festival:
    Eating, eating and eating??? The only new thing here is the bubble blower! There is nothing else.

Romance Festival:
    Same thing. A hidden romance enabling aura object is there so all the sims will be romantic. There might be this one NPC new or it could be just a thing they made up too. Have to be seen.

Flea Market:
    Might be the only one interesting thing from these so called empty festivals but even that one need to be seen how it works. Whether your sim can sell everything there or just painting, whether your sim can buy other sims paintings. Although I am 100% sure that this will be based on illusion like the rest of the game. For example, When I am playing Bella Goth I take her to flea market to sell her painting, One of my sims from a different household say Summer Holiday comes up and buys Bella's painting. When I switch to play Summer Holiday the Bella painting will NOT be in her inventory! This is how it will be. Basically it kills the whole purpose of the flea market.
    I want my sims to buy each other paintings and hang them in their houses but this is not going to happen with this game.

My impression of City Living from Very positive turned to Very negative after they showed how apartments are limited and now after showing these festivals It turned to extremely negative.

What EA is doing basically is trying to avoid the addition of any kind of animation. They just want to reduce the cost to the minimum. The absolute minimum. I think the only 2 new animations this EP offers are basket ball animation and hand movement while playing the console!! Everything else is the same stuff but this time not done differently, nope. The exact same stuff but done somewhere else!!
    Like selling your paintings but instead of direct selling at home it is done on the street. Are you even able to price your paintings? Even that I doubt it.

This EP is even lighter than Get Together in contents (when I say content I mean game play) and animations and at the same time it does not offer any long term benefits like GT clubs. The whole EP is limited in that city they created which they try hard for it to look cool but it isn't and which they try hard to make it sound as if there are many things to be done there but there aren't.

I haven't been keeping up on this as much as I was when it was first announced I'm just not excited about it. I agree with your statements I watched the trailer and noticed all the same animations we already have.

Also that they are recycling previous content. They are using the fountain from another pack I think it was luxury party so how will this fountain spawn at the festival for people who didn't buy that pack?

And I am curious about the rocket ship if it spawns for the festival and it's partially built and the festival ends, when that festival returns do you build from where you left off or start all over.

In case you wanted an answer I did see in one of the videos that you can set prices on the tables. I can't remember which video it was. I'll find it when I get home from work.

We definitely do not rule in this game. The team comes up with these really great creative ideas for packs and then for whatever reason we end up with way to many limitations.

I really want to like the pack there are some fun things about it. I was really excited at first and as more information was revealed I liked it less and less.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I love that they are reusing base game things. I don't want EPs to feel like a completely new and separate affair, I want to see a mix of old and new.

If these new things are completely disconnected, yes it very much would be. I want to feel like I'm playing one big game, and not a clumsy accumulation of features who don't go together.

What like putting festivals in an EP primarily about apartments?
    raw
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

For me, it's more an EP about city living, you know, like the title might suggest.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,248 Member

It's not primarily about apartments. The emphasis is on city living. I live in the suburbs and when I visit the city I do for the festivals, museums, etc, not to look at the apartments.

• Options

It's not primarily about apartments. The emphasis is on city living. I live in the suburbs and when I visit the city I do for the festivals, museums, etc, not to look at the apartments.

thats because you don't live in a city
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member

This is what I genuinely don't get though, apartments are the most relevant things in the city life. So if they're making a pack about the life in a city, apartments have to be involved and be a major part of the pack.
    A lot of people are saying the pack focuses on festivals more than the apartments and it would be somewhat okay if the festivals were well done and offered a lot of new, different gameplay. According to what I've seen on that trailer, festivals only look like a minor feature. Not a ton of new things to do but some new lots to hang out. They aren't worth the hype at all.