Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CREATE A STYLE IS BAE!

picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
Okay so it is inevitable that you find yourself using create a style when playing the sims 3, whether you are using it to improve something in CAS or build/buy, you will be playing for ages, hunting down the perfect pattern and adjusting it for the perfect design. It was yesterday my sim was getting married. I had a couple of EA store dresses, but none fit my taste and I didn't wish to download CC. I wanted to go for an elegant gown look, not a poofy white dress, which is a bit of a cliche when it comes to weddings I find. I came across the dress which you get if you buy Midnight Hollow. You will see the dress in the 'BEFORE' section. It has the classic colour scheme for a dark goth (blacks and reds) and inappropriate for what I was after. I used the create a style tool to transform the dress and I ADORE it! It is everything I wanted. I truly want this to be real so I can feel like a Disney Princess LOL. It's my favourite thing I have ever made in sims, using the create a style tool.

ywZPYVZ.png
Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif

Comments

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Looking good!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I love it,looks like a wedding dress :love: She could always marry my sim in it but there is a rumor going around my sim is unfaithful.

It's not true :rage:

Anyway it looks lovely and so does the model and with the right colors or patterns EA clothes are very detailed and amazing.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @bklienhart Thankyou! :)
    @CravenLestat Yes, it is totally not true and your sim is 100% faithful ;) It proves that you can use CC, but if you put your mind to it you can really improve and customize EA's content :)
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @CravenLestat Yes, it is totally not true and your sim is 100% faithful ;) It proves that you can use CC, but if you put your mind to it you can really improve and customize EA's content :)

Cc or not ,having CaST is so great!i played sims 2 and 4 after sims 3 and hated how I couldn't get everything to match.i didn't mind it so much for sims 2 but it killed sims 4 for me a bit
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

Cc or not ,having CaST is so great!i played sims 2 and 4 after sims 3 and hated how I couldn't get everything to match.i didn't mind it so much for sims 2 but it killed sims 4 for me a bit

Yes! I totally! I love your signature by the way! What program did you use to make it? And how did you make the edges fade, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options

Yes! I totally! I love your signature by the way! What program did you use to make it? And how did you make the edges fade, if you don't mind me asking?

I believe I used gimp .put the big picture as the background and the other smaller faded pictures as each their own layer.i took the eraser and toned down the opacity and ran it over the edges so it looks like it's faded.

I then photoscape to add the filter and words .both programs are free
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine Thankyou so much I already have gimp, but I have never heard of photoscape before! I love the font you used, too and I want to start reading your legacy.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    I've always thought that dress is perfect as a wedding dress if you recolour it. It's never quite made the cut in the end for me... it's often close though I just need to find the right sim for it. There are a couple dresses like that in game too that make nice wedding dresses if you recolour them. Gotta love CASt <3

It looks really nice how you have it recoloured too. I love the off white and the bit of colour atvthe bottom.
  • Options
    @MemoriiValentine Thankyou so much I already have gimp, but I have never heard of photoscape before! I love the font you used, too and I want to start reading your legacy.

Your welcome !i hope you have fun reading it ! I'm not much of a writer.but I'm hoping I'll get back into it soon
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 Thankyou, yes it is amazing what CASt can achieve. I'll look to see if I can put the recolour on the exchange, so people can use it, if it's possible :)
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    It's absolutely GORGEOUS! TS3's Create-A-Style (CAS) is SO much fun! I couldn't live without it! It's such a creative and powerful tool. I've used the metal textures for satin, raw silk and sparkles on bedding and gowns. Oh, don't get me started on the other ways I use it!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    @cameonet1950 PLEASE share some of your creations, would love to see 'em
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member

Hi! OMG! I bookmarked your post so maybe someday I will. Right now, I'm looking for a maternity wardrobe MOD. :p
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options

Hi! OMG! I bookmarked your post so maybe someday I will. Right now, I'm looking for a maternity wardrobe MOD. :p

Hahah If you can't find one, before your sim gets pregnant, choose one of the maternity ones for casual wear and it should use that for her maternity clothes
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Awesome, good finding! I'm going to remember this one for my next wedding.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Thanks! I will be putting it on the exchange and I will be sure to link it here when I have done it, so if you'd like to download it you can :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,929 Member
    I have a lot of weddings in my game and I'm always looking for different wedding dresses. There are a lot of EA made dresses that recolour beautifully - whether you want a bride in white or some other colour combinations.
  • Options
    I have uploaded this dress to the exchange :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8988774
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Love the faded pinky colour at the bottom (unless that's my phone not rendering colours properly). Off-white wedding dresses are my favourite.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Love the faded pinky colour at the bottom (unless that's my phone not rendering colours properly). Off-white wedding dresses are my favourite.

no i see it too c: it looks pretty
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,929 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't have a lot of pictures that feature just the dresses my brides wore - but here's a few

This is of my fairy, Glory, wearing a dress of pale blue with white ruffles
    PhilAndGlory015.jpg
    She married a werewolf, Phil.

I associated blue with her because her wings are blue.

I don't know where the dress came from but it is an EA dress.

Recolurs of this dress turned up on 3 sims at one wedding - including the bride. I only planned for the bride to be wearing it. The other two happened to be her sisters. The dress came with the Katy Perry Stuff Pack.

EDIT: Actually, I think the two versions of this that are not being worn by the bride may be the original colours of the dress.

Helena003.jpg

Toni001.jpg

Heather.jpg

Kitty_And_Bob008.jpg
    This dress is originally blue and I think it is the one from Monte Vista. The groom in this pic is an imaginary friend turned real and this is his second attempt at marriage. I chose his first bride and that didn't last after I moved on to play another household. Much later, he chose Kitty for himself and so far they are still together even though I've hardly played their household. They have a baby daughter who is not an imaginary friend, but two of Bob's older children have inherited that occult state even though all three of his babies were born to human mothers.

I think this wedding dress may have already been white.
    Wedding026.jpg

I do enjoy seeing the difference a new colour makes to any dress though. It is all part of the fun of enjoying the beautiful clothes we have in this game. I almost never download any CC dresses - and not for the adult / young adult females as I already have so many of them in my game. I've been getting some new cc clothes for my toddlers and children lately though.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love CAS+ in Sims3 and you did an awesome job with the dress. I love being able to change textures, and colors to create a wardrobe that suits each of my Sims.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    It is THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!
    Love your examples!
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Awesome! CASt is by far one of my favorite things about TS3. It's such a fun and unique feature and it really helps my game feel like my own. I love the sense of creativity that's possible in this game. :)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use CASt a lot to recolor a lot of things like flooring tiles and walls.I did some furinishings recolored as well.I do also use a lot of CC in my game a tons of it os from TSR.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg