Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to "place" 2 houses in "one" lot?

Is there a way to "place" 2 houses (from the gallery) in "one" lot? :sweat:
tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't think so. When you place a building from the Gallery, you're placing the entire lot -- the popup even warns you that everything currently on your lot will be replaced.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry but you are unable to do that. You can only place one build on either an empty lot, or to replace all the current build that is already on the lot.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    What you could do is this:

Put House #1 on a separate lot, then save its individual rooms to your library.
    Then put House #2 on the lot you want both on.
    Move House #2 to where you want it on the lot (yay for whole-house-moving on lots!).
    Now go to your library and start putting the saved rooms down.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Only way to get both there would be to place one, use MOVE LOT, if needed to locate it properly, then BUILD the second house in build mode.

You could place the second one on another lot and take screenshots to refer to while you build it.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
    @stilljustme2 @rosemow aww.. I see. I was wondering because of that pop up that warns you that it would replace the whole lot if I were to place another... :disappointed:
    I guess I will build 2 apartment buildings on the same lot from the scratch myself :wink: ty guys!
  • Options
    What you could do is this:

Put House #1 on a separate lot, then save its individual rooms to your library.
    Then put House #2 on the lot you want both on.
    Move House #2 to where you want it on the lot (yay for whole-house-moving on lots!).
    Now go to your library and start putting the saved rooms down.

Yes! I am currently working from the scratch like that! time consuming but I'm working on it! tyvm! :blush:
  • Options
    Only way to get both there would be to place one, use MOVE LOT, if needed to locate it properly, then BUILD the second house in build mode.

You could place the second one on another lot and take screenshots to refer to while you build it.

wow this is EXACTLY what I am doing right now haha
    great minds think alike! ty!
    although, I still wish there was a way to place multiple lots in one big enough lot for them. it would make things like this so much easier! :neutral:
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    You could knock a single piece of each wall out between each room- the game then reads the entire structure as a " single room" since the walls are not fully dividing it off. You can then save it as a "room" and the place the "room" next to the other house on the lot- fill in the few missing wall pieces and you are good to go. If the structure is more than one story then you'll have to do it for each story.

EDIT: I hope that makes sense- lol- I've done it before.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Here's a photo example: In this shot all the walls are in place and the structure can only be saved as a lot.

09-08-16_7-48-40nbspPM_zpsgkpvkszo.png

Removing a single panel from each connecting wall causes the structure to be read as a room that can then be save and place on a lot with another structure. There's also a build trick where you can in fact replace the missing walls and still have the game read it and save it as a room but this is easier and quicker to explain.

09-08-16_7-49-10nbspPM_zpswvlfhgjx.png
  • Options
    Thankyou for all the great ideas that you have all been posting! :) It will be very helpful for many simmers who are wanting two homes on the one lot.
    I hope that your build goes very well @iraeshin :)
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    There's also a build trick where you can in fact replace the missing walls and still have the game read it and save it as a room but this is easier and quicker to explain.

HI, if you don't mind, could you share a link where that trick is explained?
  • Options
    @HopeTah I didn't get it from a link, I just stumbled on it while building myself one day. I'll try to explain as best as I can. You take out the sections of the wall as above. Then click on one of the remaining wall pieces next to each missing section. An arrow should pop up so that you can manually drag the wall back into place as opposed to using the wall drawing tool. When you do this it visually makes the wall whole but the game will still read it as only a room. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll put up some pictures to try and better illustrate.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @HopeTah Start with a structure, your own or from the gallery

09-08-16_8-47-56nbspPM_zps6xdz1baq.png

Select connecting walls to remove

09-08-16_8-48-09nbspPM_zpst3rukim1.png

Once there are no longer solid dividing walls the structure is read as a room.

09-08-16_8-48-22nbspPM_zpsgsinguus.png

Click on a wall with the pointer and the option to extend it by dragging appears

09-08-16_8-48-32nbspPM_zpse1vckeuu.png

Reconnect all the walls using this method

09-08-16_8-48-46nbspPM_zpscqicoqk9.png

Here, due to the method of reconnect the walls appear solid and act solid but the game reads the structure as a " single room"

09-08-16_8-49-01nbspPM_zpscsoxmzew.png

Save the structure as a room and then you can place it on any lot with another structure as you would any room but it is in fact an entire structure. I haven't furnished these examples but furnishings, windows, doors ect. make no difference.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    HopeTah wrote: »
    There's also a build trick where you can in fact replace the missing walls and still have the game read it and save it as a room but this is easier and quicker to explain.

HI, if you don't mind, could you share a link where that trick is explained?

Hello
    This link explains a way of having multiple rooms in one room, and being classed by the game as being one room.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859568/how-to-share-multiples-rooms-as-one-room
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I always add at least one "village" or an apartment from the Gallery into my game. Then I move 8 sims (usually total strangers to one another) to the village/apartment. That way I get a bit more busy atmosphere. I think a "village" is the best for that; lots of sims living their lives and talking with their neighbors..taking care of their gardens etc. :)
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling and @rosemow : Thanks so much! This is so helpful! Two different methods of doing it (Jason's is a bit different from the link)
  • Options
    @HopeTah It is a different method. I've never even tried moving walls in the fashion outlined by the simmer in Rosemow's link! I didn't even quite realize you could- lol. I learned something new here too!
  • Options
    HopeTah wrote: »
    @JasonAnthonySterling and @rosemow : Thanks so much! This is so helpful! Two different methods of doing it (Jason's is a bit different from the link)

You're welcome :) Happy Simming!