Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I can imagine how it's hard for Farrah to accept it... But I think it's really a time to do that - to have children with Maxime. It should help Farrah feel better.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    Really? They are trying to start a family? I mean, this is a bit too soon right? Not sure if that ends good … Probably Farrah as young widow with a bunch of kids if the age difference is that big …

Well, he's not that old :lol:
    But he is at an age where you'd probably have kids running around already, so that's his motivation. But it is pretty soon in their relationship nevertheless!
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Wow, this is the first time I've really seen Maxime's age; he looks so old in the pictures. Also, I'd like to point out that I was kind of right in my previous prediction and that Farrah is making a huge mistake!

Yes, he looks pretty young for an adult sim. I really have to zoom in to show his age!
    Whether Farrah is making a mistake or not... We'll see! :lol:
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I guess I was wrong about Maxime. He seems like a stand up guy.

Maybe, maybe not. Let me note that these chapters are Farrah's perspective. If I were to write from Maxime's perspective, who knows what he's feeling or thinking!
    I can imagine how it's hard for Farrah to accept it... But I think it's really a time to do that - to have children with Maxime. It should help Farrah feel better.

You are my little positive angel! Thank you <3
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Well I think when and if she gets pregnant in her current state of affairs she will FRIEK out...still am going nuts trying to figure this out. But from my perspective I am anxious to see Farrahs children because goodness they are to be beautifil!!!!
  • Options
    Really? They are trying to start a family? I mean, this is a bit too soon right? Not sure if that ends good … Probably Farrah as young widow with a bunch of kids if the age difference is that big …

But he is at an age where you'd probably have kids running around already, so that's his motivation. But it is pretty soon in their relationship nevertheless!
    Wow, this is the first time I've really seen Maxime's age; he looks so old in the pictures. Also, I'd like to point out that I was kind of right in my previous prediction and that Farrah is making a huge mistake!

Yes, he looks pretty young for an adult sim. I really have to zoom in to show his age!

Maybe, maybe not. Let me note that these chapters are Farrah's perspective. If I were to write from Maxime's perspective, who knows what he's feeling or thinking!

Hehehe :blush: I'm glad I can be your positive angel :) Someone of your readers has to think positive ;)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I still can't figure Maxine out. I mean the way you write this story makes me think there's something off about him, but is there really? Or is it just Farrah not being all grown up yet? Maxine's reasons for wanting kids seems reasonable, he's older than Farrah. Maybe I am overthinking it. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It's really hard when the age gap makes things go too slow for one and too fast for the other. But I have hope that Farrah will be fine. :)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Well I think when and if she gets pregnant in her current state of affairs she will FRIEK out...still am going nuts trying to figure this out. But from my perspective I am anxious to see Farrahs children because goodness they are to be beautifil!!!!

Yess! I just want some Farrah-Maxime nooboo's to drool on! <3
    How she'll get through the pregnancy and parenthood... That's something for a future chapter :lol:

Hehehe :blush: I'm glad I can be your positive angel :) Someone of your readers has to think positive ;)

Yes, I love you for that! <3
    (I love you all! Don't worry! :lol:)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I still can't figure Maxine out. I mean the way you write this story makes me think there's something off about him, but is there really? Or is it just Farrah not being all grown up yet? Maxine's reasons for wanting kids seems reasonable, he's older than Farrah. Maybe I am overthinking it. :)

Well... This is mainly written from Farrah's perspective, even if she doesn't tell the story. So the first question is how accurate her feelings are. And of course what they mean. Then we can analyse Maxime :lol:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    It's really hard when the age gap makes things go too slow for one and too fast for the other. But I have hope that Farrah will be fine. :)

I am not that cruel, she should be fine one day! :lol:
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I am not very about this... At least they both seem happy, I'm not sure why, but I have the feeling that Maxime is not, well, I'm not ready to ship them just yet. Maybe later. I do like him, so I might be persuaded. :D
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Oh, I'm not sure if Farrah's ready for this. She doesn't seem mature enough to be a mother...but who knows maybe she'll surprise me :smile:
  • Options
    I am not very about this... At least they both seem happy, I'm not sure why, but I have the feeling that Maxime is not, well, I'm not ready to ship them just yet. Maybe later. I do like him, so I might be persuaded. :D

I like Maxime sooo much :lol:
    Every thing will be revealed with a big bang, but just not in the near future. Meanwhile keep speculating ;)
    Oh, I'm not sure if Farrah's ready for this. She doesn't seem mature enough to be a mother...but who knows maybe she'll surprise me :smile:

Her feelings about becoming a mother will be discussed in future chapters :)
  • Options
    SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    Wow! I had to stop reading for a month but I just caught all the way up! This story is getting so good :smile:

It's funny, I have to say I actually really like Troian and I liked the idea of her with Valentine...oh well, too late!

I have a strange feeling about Maxime also. It seems like maybe he is using her to fulfill his own fantasies when she's clearly not ready yet.
  • Options
    SamiNY623 wrote: »
    Wow! I had to stop reading for a month but I just caught all the way up! This story is getting so good :smile:

It's funny, I have to say I actually really like Troian and I liked the idea of her with Valentine...oh well, too late!

I have a strange feeling about Maxime also. It seems like maybe he is using her to fulfill his own fantasies when she's clearly not ready yet.

Super glad you caught up! <3

I love that you love Troian! She's my baby and I wish more people saw that she's not all that bad :lol:
    Definitely thought about her and Valentine together a lot, you might like upcoming chapters because of this, though ;)

Maxime is still really unreadable right now, chapters are pretty much all from Farrah's pov, so keep that in mind if you want to play Sherlock..:)
  • Options
    3.20 There's something in the water

15-6-16_18-35-24.png

"Farrah?" Farrah immediately identified the high-pitched voice as Iris', she was the only child in the house after all. "Yes, honey?" She responded as she swiftly turned in her chair. The fact that the little girl was dressed in a dotted yellow swimsuit didn't go unnoticed. "Will you please swim with me, please?" The girl pleaded, making Farrah laugh. "Okay, I'll be downstairs in a few minutes. Let me just finish this draft." Iris gave a little cheer before running downstairs, Farrah was happy to see that the girl was finally adjusting to her new surroundings. The first weeks had been especially hard on her.

15-6-16_18-48-50.png

Within twenty minutes Farrah and Iris finally dove in. The little girl floundered in the water, barely keeping her head above the surface. "Are you okay?" Farrah asked, doing her best not to pull the girl up. "Yes.." She brought out through her breaths. "Just.." And then she floated as gracefully as Farrah. "Got to find my twist." The girl finished her sentence, smiling. Farrah laughed. "Watch me!" The girl cheered as she started swimming through the pool.

15-6-16_18-48-11.png

"You picked that up real quick!" Farrah praised as Iris swam from left to right. "Thank you!" The girl answered as she drifted by on her back. "My teacher says I pick a lot of stuff up quickly." Farrah gave a reassuring nod. "I sure believe her, you're doing really good in school I heard." As Iris stopped herself from sliding any further away she nodded. "Yes, I'm the best of my class!" Farrah laughed. "I'm so proud of you!" She praised, before pulling herself up the edge.

15-6-16_18-50-49.png

"Why do you compliment me all the time?" The question came unexpected to Farrah. "I... Uhm..." Iris giggled. "You think I wouldn't notice?" She asked, after which Farrah sighed. "Nothing escapes you, does it?" She answered with a goofy smile. "I want to make you feel at home, Iris." But Iris wasn't satisfied with that answer. "Well Blue and Sophia do that too. But you do it differently!" She defended. Softly Farrah tapped the stone edge next to her. "Come sit, little Einstein."

15-6-16_18-53-27.png

"Don't call me Einstein!" Iris said as she pulled herself up the edge. Farrah laughed. "Sorry! I won't anymore." She promised. As Farrah didn't immediately began to speak Iris got impatient. "Well?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Farrah laughed and pulled the little girl against her side. "You're wet!" Iris whined, at which Farrah responded. "So are you."

15-6-16_18-54-28.png

"You see, little cricket, when I first heard you were coming I was scared." Farrah admitted, she didn't want to bug the kid with her emotions too much so she carefully choose her words. "Why?" Iris asked. "Well, mom and dad look really young" Farrah stated. "But in reality they are already pretty old." Iris nodded, encouraging Farrah to continue her story. "And as I expected, they asked me to care for you. Might something happen to them." She hesitated for a second. "Not that anything will happen to them of course!" Iris laughed. "Of course not!" She agreed. "And I... I didn't think I was ready. I didn't think I could do that." I was mad, and found it selfish. Farrah finished in her head. "So for weeks I was scared of you."

15-6-16_18-55-14.png

"But then you came, and I loved you so much!" Farrah continued. "And I wanted you to love me just as much back. Might we ever get to the situation that I need to take care of you." Farrah once again stopped for a second. "Which won't happen!" She added, making Iris laugh again. "So I showered you with love. And I let you know just how amazing you are." Iris clutched herself tighter to Farrah. "Well, you're doing a pretty good job!" Iris claimed, making Farrah smile. "And I am glad to hear that!" Farrah said as she loosened herself from the little girl. "Now go swim, before mom and dad come to put you in bed!"

15-6-16_18-51-32.png

Iris dropped in the water, splashing Farrah. "Hey!" She complained, kicking water up to Iris. "Farrah?" Iris asked then. "Yes?" Farrah asked, dangling her feet silent again. "Are you ready now?" The question surprised Farrah almost as much as the intelligence the young girl carried. "You know, I actually think I am." She responded.

A/N
    With 30 chapters in gen 1, 50 in gen 2 and this being the 20th in gen 3, I have officially reached 100 chapters! So that calls for a little celebration! I want to thank you all for sticking with me through all this time and staying true to the Grace's. Until the next hundred!
  • Options
    Congrats! And I love this update :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    What a great chapter! <3 Farrah and Iris have a strong bond, I enjoyed how they are close so much... :) And congrats on 100 chapters, @Sterretjeee :)
  • Options
    sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    *Whistles*- That's quite a few chapters! A perfect 100th edition in my opinion.

I certainly hope you stick around for another few hundreds... While, just enough to get us through this another seven and a half generations of children whose name ends in Grace and any other stories or challenges that happen to catch your eye whilst they make their way through your thoughts!
  • Options
    SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    Aww what a cute chapter...it makes me sad to think that something may happen to Sophia and Blue that would put Iris under Farrah's care, but I do think that she would be a great parent/guardian to Iris!

Congratulations on 100 chapters!!! That's quite a feat.
  • Options
    Congrats! And I love this update :)

Thank you and... Thank you! :lol:
    What a great chapter! <3 Farrah and Iris have a strong bond, I enjoyed how they are close so much... :) And congrats on 100 chapters, @Sterretjeee :)

Farrah and Iris their friendship bar is entirely green in game, they're too cute together <3
    And thank you!
    sims4eva wrote: »
    *Whistles*- That's quite a few chapters! A perfect 100th edition in my opinion.

I certainly hope you stick around for another few hundreds... While, just enough to get us through this another seven and a half generations of children whose name ends in Grace and any other stories or challenges that happen to catch your eye whilst they make their way through your thoughts!

Thank you so much! Me too, right now finishing this is my goal! :)
    SamiNY623 wrote: »
    Aww what a cute chapter...it makes me sad to think that something may happen to Sophia and Blue that would put Iris under Farrah's care, but I do think that she would be a great parent/guardian to Iris!

Congratulations on 100 chapters!!! That's quite a feat.

Sophia and Blue are still adults right now, and I really hope they'll make it to Iris' adulthood. But the game can throw in some nasty twists :lol:
    I do agree, Farrah would be a great guardian.

And thank you!
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Congrats!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    edited July 2016
    Congratulations on 100 chapters, I had no idea there was so many already! :)
  • Options
    FrantikaFrantika Posts: 159 Member
    Wow, 100 chapters, great job! Here's to 100 more :)
    VsmclH4.jpg
  • Options
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thank you!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Congratulations on 100 chapters, I had no idea there was so many already! :)

Thank you <3
    It sure goes by fast!
    Frantika wrote: »
    Wow, 100 chapters, great job! Here's to 100 more :)

100 more indeed! :blush:
  • Options
    3.21 Anonymous confessions

15-6-16_19-20-36.png

"Maxime... What is this?" Farrah asks upon entering the living room. She expected to watch a movie with Maxime, a habit they had never left behind, but instead found the room stuffed with what seemed to be a massage-table. All the furniture was shoved to the sides and in the middle of the room stood a pale woman. "Surprise." Maxime said, sliding his arm around Farrah's waist. "Would you maybe like a professional massage?" His eyes gleamed as he asked. "I.... I don't understand?" Farrah blushed.

15-6-16_19-22-58.png

Maxime laid his free hand on Farrah's other hip and kissed her cheek. "I've hired a masseuse for you." He explained, whispering in her ear. "You seemed kind of stress-y lately, so I thought this would help you relax." Farrah give him a sweet smile. "And you thought our movie night wouldn't?" Maxime stroked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I guess you never had a massage." He teased. "But I should be honest." The words alarmed Farrah. "I also was called to an unexpected meeting, tonight wouldn't have been movie night either way." Farrah nodded. "I understand, thank you." She appreciated the gesture.

15-6-16_19-24-33.png

Awkwardly Farrah re-entered the room, this time dressed in a towel. "I... Uhm... I've never done this before." Farrah stuttered, but the woman just smiled friendly. "You don't really need to do anything. Just lay down and relax." Farrah smiled, that sounded easy. "Face in the hole, right?" She attempted to joke while approaching the table. "Exactly." The woman said, tapping on the table. "Right." Farrah said, as she finally laid down.

15-6-16_19-25-24.png

"This might be cold." The woman mentioned, before placing her oiled hands on Farrah's back. Her hands were indeed a tad bit cold, but it didn't bother Farrah. What did bother Farrah was the occasional awkwardness. Was she supposed to make conversation? Or was keeping quiet part of the massage. The masseuse's calm voice breaking the silence confirmed it wasn't the latter. "Is anything stressing you out lately?" She asked, slowly continuing the massage. Farrah was taken aback by the boldness of the question, which the masseuse must have noticed. "Because you have a lot of knots in your back, sometimess speaking out what bothers you can help." She quickly added.

15-6-16_19-27-06.png

"I... I actually don't know." Farrah admitted. "My job has been amazing, I'm slowly climbing the career ladder and all." Farrah said, taking the factor that causes the most stress as example. "What's your career?" The masseuse ask. "Well I work for a pressroom, aiming to be a writer. But it's not like I'm not getting there, I actually am!" Farrah exclaimed, sighing deep as the masseuse pressed on her shoulders. "Maybe it isn't work then?" The masseuse tried.

15-6-16_19-26-35.png

"Private life can be draining too." She added. "But I don't know what would be." Farrah retorted. "Everyone is fine... My sisters are both in relationships with kids, my parents are more in love then ever since they adopted Iris. And even she is doing amazing! She loves it here and her school results are outstanding." Farrah heard the masseuse make a dissatisfied grunt. "But that's not about you, right? Why would you stress for them?" The words softly sank in. "What's happening in your life?"

15-6-16_19-29-08.png

"Even there I can't complain! Maxime is so loving and sweet, our relationship is amazing and we're even trying for a baby." She could practically feel the masseuse 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her head. "And are you succeeding?" She asked. "Well those thing take time." Farrah laughed. "We didn't expect to.. expect at the first try. But it's been a few months now and my menstruation is a week late." The masseuse hummed a little. "Are you happy with that?" The question struck Farrah like lightning, her entire body stiffening. Was she? Her thoughts drifted off for a second. She wanted a child, she was so sure of that. That wasn't the issue for sure, then why did the question rub her the wrong way that much?

15-6-16_19-29-36.png

"We're done now." The masseuse said, breaking the silence. "Yes!" Farrah immediately responded, practically jumping of the table. "I am really happy with that." She realised that if her menstruation would come, it would disappoint her more than anything. "I think it was the stress of actually getting to this point after all." She added, winking at the masseuse. "Well I hope you're a little more relaxed now then." The woman responded, making Farrah smile. "I think I am, thank you."

After the woman left, Farrah realized she hadn't even bothered to introduce herself.
  • Options
    I am glad that this masseuse made Farrah think about herself... I hope she's pregnant, maybe it will help her feel better... I think Farrah doesn't enjoy her life like she should :/ But Maxime had his own reasons to hire this masseuse, right? ;) I'm sure he does all this only because he wants to have a baby with Farrah :)
  • Options
    Well, then. Farrah, you can be happy now, you know! :D
    EkpFDaf.png