Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DolphineQ Creations Showcase - *"The White Dove" uploaded - page 18* .

Comments

• Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Beautiful sweetie!! <3

Thank you, sweet @BreeMiles <3. Let me send you a little message...
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Secrecy Lair is a very nice home! :) It is a very detailed and very nice home for sims to enjoy living in! It is a very special gift for djsdragongirl ! Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing and the layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice greenery covered trellis porches. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! The black, red, grey and lavender colour schemes of the rooms and the textures/patterns of the walls complement each other through the rooms of the home. It looks very nice the way you have presented the pictures of the build, with the labels on the rooms and areas of the home.
    It is a very special gift for the Hallloween exchange :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Secrecy Lair is a very nice home! :) It is a very detailed and very nice home for sims to enjoy living in! It is a very special gift for djsdragongirl ! Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing and the layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice greenery covered trellis porches. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! The black, red, grey and lavender colour schemes of the rooms and the textures/patterns of the walls complement each other through the rooms of the home. It looks very nice the way you have presented the pictures of the build, with the labels on the rooms and areas of the home.
    It is a very special gift for the Hallloween exchange :)

Thank you, dearest rose <3.
    Your comments always make me smile, you see everything about the things we build, even the littlest details that most people don't notice :). Thank you for your sweet words!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Secrecy Lair - Continued!

I guess now is the time to reveal some of the secrets of this ole gal.
    Here's pictures, the exploring you'll have to do for yourself. And I hope that @djsdragongirl has actually SEEN the house in her game now, so it won't ruin any surprises for her!

SURPRISE! The secret basement underneath the grounds holds many interesting things. Here's an overview of what you can find there.
    Surprise.jpg

The Witch's Room. My favorite of the rooms in the dungeon below.
    Witches_Room.jpg

The Nectary and the Dragon Hatchery.
    Nectar_Dragons_Hallway.jpg

Hallway and Crypt/Tomb Room.
    Fortune_Crypt_Hallway.jpg

A better view of the Crypt/Tomb and Fortune Teller Room.
    Crypt_View.jpg

Alchemist's Room.
    Alchemist_Room.jpg

There's a little Hottub Grotto to relax in also.
    Hottub_Grotto.jpg

Here's Herugon, making sure that the Hottub works as it should.
    Playtesting_Grotto.jpg

There's toilets located at two of the travel dive wells. Here you see one of them.
    Secondary_Well_Toilet.jpg

I'll leave it to you to explore the rest and find out what's hidden in the different rooms. Most of them ARE stocked with things, not to a massive degree, just enough to get your sims started on the track each room leads to.
    Enjoy! :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    @DolphineQ you have really out-done yourself! <3 This house is perfect! I love all the details you have added and I really love the kids rooms on the first floor, it makes it easy so they won't be late for school. What can I say about the hidden basement, it took me a little bit to find the entrance, but she finally found it :wink: I put it in my game and started playing right away with the family and they just knew right where to go and what to do. <3

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Fun Fun Fun!! Is all I can say... You done amazing sweetie!! Hugs and Happy Sunday!!
  • Options
    @DolphineQ you have really out-done yourself! <3 This house is perfect! I love all the details you have added and I really love the kids rooms on the first floor, it makes it easy so they won't be late for school. What can I say about the hidden basement, it took me a little bit to find the entrance, but she finally found it :wink: I put it in my game and started playing right away with the family and they just knew right where to go and what to do. <3

YAY! I am sooo glad you like it!
    And now you know what I meant about extensive playtesting. Making sure that all those hidden doors worked, that all the wall plagues had cute riddles on them that suited the room they led to/from, stocking the rooms in the surprise basement and just trying to get the grounds to looks natural, yet still tamed a bit... phew :smiley:.
    I really hope the Mayfaires enjoy this house, it is made with them in mind and I tried very much to cater to their tastes in all aspects :).
    BIG hugs from here!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Fun Fun Fun!! Is all I can say... You done amazing sweetie!! Hugs and Happy Sunday!!

Hugs right back at ya, sweetie and happy second Sunday in Advent! And thank you, that means a lot coming from you <3

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    DolphineQ wrote: »

YAY! I am sooo glad you like it!
    And now you know what I meant about extensive playtesting. Making sure that all those hidden doors worked, that all the wall plagues had cute riddles on them that suited the room they led to/from, stocking the rooms in the surprise basement and just trying to get the grounds to looks natural, yet still tamed a bit... phew :smiley:.
    I really hope the Mayfaires enjoy this house, it is made with them in mind and I tried very much to cater to their tastes in all aspects :).
    BIG hugs from here!

The Mayfaires are loving the house. Ella loves being in her lair while Darian loves the Nectar Room. As for the kids they love being outside having fun. It's perfect for them <3
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Hahaha I love this! Your Secrecy Lair is awesomesauce! Love the liquid gold look to your fountain! Rec'd and Fav'd, brilliant job my friend!
  • Options
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Hahaha I love this! Your Secrecy Lair is awesomesauce! Love the liquid gold look to your fountain! Rec'd and Fav'd, brilliant job my friend!

Thanks sweetie! :smiley:
    I couldn't resist changing the color of the water, it was just too fitting to NOT change ;).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    It was indeed very fitting~!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Alrighty.
    My latest upload is a little thing called "Hyggen" (danish for hmmm... cozyness ish) and I made it for the Build'N'Share challenge: Searching for Hygge.
    It's built in Dragon Valley on a 20x20 lot, because I have really started to enjoy building there, I just love the quaint feeling of that world. The price for the lot, everything included, is right below 48000 Simleons.
    And without further waffling, here is a link and some pictures of "Hyggen" :).

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8816835

"Hyggen" - a CC free, enjoyable build.
    Hyggen_Covershot.jpg

Bottom floor floorplan.
    Hyggen_Layout_Bottom.jpg

Better view of bottom floor, with walls on half.
    Hyggen_Bottom_Floor.jpg

My Camera mode has stopped working, so it was hard to get a picture of the bottom floor bathroom.
    Hyggen_Bottom_Bath.jpg

This is the dining room for when guests come over.
    Hyggen_Dining2.jpg

I did manage to get an OK shot of the dining room.
    Hyggen_Dining1.jpg

It has a large-ish kitchen, where I chose to leave room for a Christmas tree, if you'd wanna throw a Christmas party.
    You could also set up a bar with some barchairs or a little "breakfast table" when it's just the family for mealtime.
    Hyggen_Kitchen1.jpg

The Guestroom is very simple and comfy.
    Hyggen_Guestroom.jpg

Then we get to the top floorplan.
    Hyggenlayout_Top.jpg

And the top floor, at a bit of a better angle, with walls on half.
    Hyggen_Top_Floor.jpg

A little overview of the livingroom.
    Hyggen_Livingroom3.jpg

Livingroom seen from the office nook end.
    Hyggen_Livingroom1.jpg

Livingroom seen from the couch/TV/reading/music end.
    Hyggen_Livingroom2.jpg

Master bedroom view.
    Hyggen_Master1.jpg

Master bedroom and balcony with easel and tea set view.
    Hyggen_Master_And_Balcony.jpg

That is it for now, the rest you'll have to see for yourself if you play with the house :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Hyggen is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The thatched roofing is very nice! The front balcony with the greenery and plants looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The nature theme of the build looks very restful. Very nice dining room! The type of dining seats there is very nice and gives a nice nature feel to the room. The leaves pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see whilst enjoying dining there. The candles are a nice touch in the rooms through the home. The kitchen is very nice. The brick wall texture looks great in the room. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. Very nice layout and furnishing of the living room! The armchair and sofa sitting nook area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv, reading a book from the bookcase and listening to music from the gamophone. The fireplace nook is very nice! Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The floor rugs in the room look very nice.Very nice master bedroom! The daffodils and green plants on the bedside tables are pretty and nice nature touches for sims to see when laying in bed. The portrait pictures are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The balcony area off from the master bedroom is very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there looking out at the outdoors views or enjoy sitting at the table having a cup of tea in the outdoors air.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hyggen is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The thatched roofing is very nice! The front balcony with the greenery and plants looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The nature theme of the build looks very restful. Very nice dining room! The type of dining seats there is very nice and gives a nice nature feel to the room. The leaves pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see whilst enjoying dining there. The candles are a nice touch in the rooms through the home. The kitchen is very nice. The brick wall texture looks great in the room. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. Very nice layout and furnishing of the living room! The armchair and sofa sitting nook area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv, reading a book from the bookcase and listening to music from the gamophone. The fireplace nook is very nice! Nice study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The floor rugs in the room look very nice.Very nice master bedroom! The daffodils and green plants on the bedside tables are pretty and nice nature touches for sims to see when laying in bed. The portrait pictures are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The balcony area off from the master bedroom is very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there looking out at the outdoors views or enjoy sitting at the table having a cup of tea in the outdoors air.
    The home is very nice! :)

Awww @rosemow , you sweet, sweet woman! <3.
    Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much to me. I'm so glad you noticed the way I attempted to "bring nature inside the house" with the plants in the bedrooms and the panting in the dining room! I fell a little bit in love with the house as I was building it, I hope that those who download it will love it too :). I'm just really glad that you like it <3.

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Wow sweetie very beautiful! <3

Thank you, my sweet @BreeMiles <3

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    I created a little gift for the community, for the Ringing In The Homemade Exchange.

Here is: Little Town Garden.

Screenshot_26.jpg

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8841454

Little Town Garden is a small Community Garden (20x30 lot), stocked with plants, vegetables and trees.
    The building on the grounds has male and female bathrooms, which includes showers for when you have gardened all day.
    Upstairs is a small reading room with comfy seating, a coffeemaker and a sink.
    Outside are tables, a barbeque, nice seatings and a tiny playground to keep the kids busy also.
    Trashcans are found in the corners of the gardens. All appliances are upgraded to unbreakable or selfcleaning.
    The entry gate is easy to move to the long part of the hedge, if you wanna place it on a lot that it on the opposite angle (long side along the road).
    It is Custard tested and CC free.
    I have kept it free of store content - hope you'll enjoy it!

List of harvestables:
    Trees: Banana, Lime, Lemon, Orange, Peach, Cherry, Pear, Apple, Plum, Pomegranate, Pomelo, Pecan.
    Plants: Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Watermelon, Tomato, Lettuce, Garlic, Pumpkin, Bell Pepper, plus all the different kinds of Grapes.

A few more pictures:

At an angle:
    Screenshot_25.jpg

Map of the grounds.
    Screenshot_27.jpg

Building, top floor relaxing & reading room.
    Screenshot_28.jpg

Building, bottom floor bathrooms.
    Screenshot_29.jpg

Reading room with the sims that flocked onto the lot.
    Screenshot_21.jpg
    Screenshot_20.jpg

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Little Town Garden is a very nice community park venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :) The layout of the bulld is very nice! It looks very nice how the garden bed patches are set up there for sims to enjoy harvesting the plants. Sims will have fun playing hopscotch at the park. Very nice upstairs sitting and reading area! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas having a read of a book from the bookcase. It is nice that there is a coffee machine for sims to enjoy having a drink whilst reading there. The birds and blossoms wall pattern looks pretty. Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them at the umbrella covered tables, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. The water fountain features looks very nice in the build. The hedging looks very nice on the edges of the lot.
    The garden build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Finally, after 1½ years is, I got it done! :smiley:
    So here she is, my Legacy build, The White Dove!

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8848888

The_White_Dove_Cover.jpg

The White Dove was built on a 40x40 lot, located on 77 Subalpine Blvd., Hidden Springs.
    The price for this lovely home is right below 420.000$, but you do get more than your money's worth, a home that your family can live in for generations upon generations to come.

This grand Victorian-style mansion features so many things, it's hard to know where to start.
    On the first floor you find a large, openplan livingroom, with different areas to enjoy. A music area with seatings to enjoy listening from, a play area with pooltable and chess table and a playpen for toddlers and a TV area with a fireplace upgraded to fireproof. Accross from the music area you've got a lovely room, that any witch will treasure. Alchemy table, potion making, and lots of books to learn from in the bookshelf. There's even a few fabulous wands waiting for the right witch inthere!
    Left of the music area is the sunroom, which has been turned into a small bar room with dance floor. To the right, past the games and TV area, you find the dining room, which seats 10, so there's plente of room for guests. Room has been left for foodbowls for a pet, if you have some of those. And right next to the diningroom is the kitchen, with all the appliances you could wish for. It has a tiny storage room, where you find a canning station and a bookshelf stocked with cookbooks and recipies.

One staircase leads up to the sleeping floor, the other to the basement.

On the second floor you find all the bedrooms.
    A Master bedroom with en-suite bath, 3 rooms with room for 2 children/teens/YAs/guests each, one with en-suite bath too. A lovely nursery for 2 babies/toddlers. There's a nice sizes bathroom in the hallway and a storage closet too.

On the third floor is the work/hobby room, with a little bit for everyone.
    Science station, computers, a camera and a design table for the really creative. On the large balcony here is a telescope and a fine easel. The work/hobbyroom also has a bookshelf, where you can find books on science, computers, photography and much more.

In the basement is a garage for one car. You find a small laundry room, a nice workout room, a home theater, a room for the crafty invetors and sculptors and a lovely nectar making room. Not to mention the spa room, which leads out to the pool area.

The pool area has plenty of seating, a waterslide and a waterfall to play in. It's lovely flowerbeds ties nicely into those of the wedding/reception/party area right next to, where a grand piano sits, waiting to play gorgeous music at YOUR wedding. Next to that area is a little putting range and next to that a basketball court.
    A path leads from there to the playground, with a lovely playhouse for the children.
    Swingset, seasaw, springrider, lemonade stand and horseshoe games can be played here.
    On the bottom floor of the playhouse is a ballet room with bars, a stereo and a nice bohemé chair to relax in.
    On the top floor is a cute kitchen with seatings for 3 and a deck with comfy seats to enjoy a cup of lemonade in.
    From the playground you walk around to the front of the house, where you find a lovely seating area by the fishable pond and a staircase leading up to the veggie garden.
    There's also a few bikeracks, stocked with bikes for children and scooters for the YAs.

See, I wasn't kidding when I said that you'd get your money's worth with this house.
    Welcome to The White Dove! :)

This is the hotel that inspired me. It was where Barney and Robin gets married in "How I met your mother".
    Inspiration.jpg

My first attempt didn't really work for me, it felt... flat :/.
    First_Attempt1.jpg

So I decided to go all out and brave some serious terrain sculpting work, having to rebuild the house itself, of course.
    Second_Attempt1.jpg

I messed around with front and back until I was happy.
    Adding_Drama.jpg

THIS look made me really happy. Curb appeal/drama!
    Final_Dramatic_Effect.jpg

And the generel layout of the lot was in place. I knew where I wanted things and roughly what I wanted.
    Working_On_Layout1.jpg

So on to the hardest part of the outside work: Landscaping. Working my way from the front to the rear.
    Terrain_Sculptingbegins1.jpg

Through trial and error I learned how much is too much and how much is just right. This is when I got it right.
    Terrain_Sculpting_Begins2.jpg

Had a lot of fun with the fishable pond area.
    Terrain_Sculpting_Begins3.jpg

And I checked the looks of it both during day and night, to see that it worked right.
    Pond_At_Night.jpg

Around the back I finally decided on a wedding/reception/party area.
    Working_On_Layout3.jpg

And then it was just a matter of trying to make it work.
    Wedding_Reception1.jpg

Which I think I managed fairly well.
    Wedding_Reception2.jpg

The pool next to the party area was fairly easy.
    Pool_Area.jpg

The hardest part about that was the little waterfall and flowerbeds.
    Pool_Area_Waterfall.jpg

The playground was lots of fun. And hard work. Moving stuff just milimeters to fit everything in.
    Playground1.jpg

Playground2.jpg

And so much MOOing happened. This swingset... oi!
    Playground3.jpg

The Playhouse was easy, just time consuming.
    Playhouse_Topfloor1.jpg

And of course, got thoroughly tested.
    Playhouse_Bottomfloor1.jpg

This is just a bit of what happened during the first months I worked on The White Dove. As you can see, it has been an extensive process and I have started over more times than I care to count. The roofing drove me nuts at one point, so I deleted everything and started from scratch... phew, not as easy done as said.
    But when you see the next batch of pictures, you'll know why I think it was worth it in the end :).

Post edited by DolphineQ on

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    And now she's done, so I'd like to take you on a tour of the house.
    We start with the outside.
    This is the east side.
    East_Side.jpg

And the rear.
    Rear1.jpg

And the other rear.
    Rear2.jpg

The west side.
    West_Side.jpg

A overview of the entire lot.
    Roof_And_Grounds.jpg

Basement overview.
    Basement.jpg

First floor overview.
    Firstfloor.jpg

Second floor overview.
    Secondfloor.jpg

Top floor with the work/hobby room.
    Topfloor.jpg

Fishable pond with sitting area. Very cute.
    Fishable_Seating_Garden1.jpg

Stairs leading to veggie garden.
    Fishable_Seating_Garden3.jpg

And the veggie garden itself. Comes with normal plants, apart from one perfect quality.
    Veggie_And_Fruit_Garden.jpg

Plenty of parking space for bikes and scooters and a garage for the car. Burgler alarm located here.
    Garage_And_Parking.jpg

And we move into the house through this nice garage.
    Garage_Inside.jpg

There's a home cinema in the basement. Only decor added are film posters on the wall and a crate of film stuff. Didn't wanna clutter this one too much.
    Home_Cinema_Basement.jpg

We also have a nice little workout room in the basement.
    Workout_Room2.jpg
    Workout_Room1.jpg

There's a crafting room, where inventors, sculptors and gemcutters can have some fun.
    Sculpting.jpg
    Inventors.jpg

And through that you find the nectar making room (chests DO open and work fine!).
    Nectar_Making1.jpg
    Nectar_Making2.jpg
    Nectar_Making3.jpg

There's a tiny laundry room.
    Laundry_Room.jpg

And a sauna leading out to the pool area.
    Spa.jpg

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    On the first (and main) floor we have plenty of rooms.

Through the front door you'll find the seating and instruments for the music area.
    Living_Room_Entry1.jpg
    Living_Room_Music1.jpg

To the left of that is the sunroom, which has been turned into a small bar/dance room.
    Sunroom_Bar_Dancefloor.jpg

Heading right, you move towards the pool table and the TV watching area.
    Living_Room_TV1.jpg
    Living_Room_TV2.jpg

The open floorplan gives you a nice view from there towards the music area.
    Living_Room_Music2.jpg

Passing the TV area you'll find the dining room.
    Diningroom2.jpg
    Diningroom1.jpg
    Diningroom3.jpg

And right past the two arches leading to the dining room is the door to the kitchen.
    Kitchen1.jpg

In the kitchen is a little canning room with a bookshelf, where you find all recipies and cookbooks. And lots of display shelves!
    Canning1.jpg
    Canning2.jpg

Ooops. We can't forget the lovely potion/alchemy/witch room right accross from the music room. The bookshelf inhere has the alchemy recipe books as well as Alchemy Vol. 1, 2 and 3.
    Potions1.jpg
    Potions2.jpg
    Potions3.jpg

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Upstairs we go to the bedroom floor.

The Master bedroom is large, with an en-suite bathroom and a balcony with a teaset ready for teatime.
    Master_Bedroom1.jpg
    Master_Bedroom2.jpg
    Master_Bedroom3.jpg

And of course, a pretty, working vanity table ;).
    Master_Bedroom4.jpg

Right next door is the nursery. With two cribs, lots of toys, a changing table and a rocking chair. And for those that have never seen it, the baby playmat (which works!) is also ready for your babies needs.
    Nursery1.jpg
    Nursery2.jpg
    Nursery3.jpg

The bathrooms on this floor looks like this.
    Other_Baths2.jpg
    Other_Baths1.jpg

Apart from the bathroom in the girls/childs room, which is also en-suite.
    Childs_Room1.jpg
    Childs_Room2.jpg
    Childs_Room3.jpg
    Childs_Room_Bath1.jpg
    Childs_Room_Bath2.jpg

One of the teen rooms (or guest room, if you prefer) is here.
    Teen_Girls_Room1.jpg
    Teen_Girls_Room2.jpg
    Teen_Girls_Room3.jpg

And the other teen room (or guest room if you prefer) is here. Yes, the curtains all have different designs, by choice. I thought it looked fun! :wink:.
    Teen_Boys_Room1.jpg
    Teen_Boys_Room2.jpg
    Teen_Boys_Room3.jpg

And on the top floor we have the work/hobby room. The balcony there has an easel and a telescope. There's some lovely fashion and architecturial designs on the wall and a bookshelf stocked with science, comptuer,, photographyskill and many other fun books.
    Hobby_Work_Room1.jpg
    Hobby_Work_Room2.jpg
    Hobby_Work_Room3.jpg

I think that is about it for the pictures. I hope you liked the walkthrough. Remember to give the house a rec if you like her :).

2rgmmvq.jpg