Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods, Dec. '15 update only

Comments

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but can anyone provide me with a link for an Alien Abduction Mod? One that tweaks with the frequency of abductions (and male pregnancies) and with making female Sims get abducted as well. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I was having an issue with the outfits working for clubs. Only men were able to change into a custom outfit. After removing every mod, it was still happening. Then when I put the Mods back, and removed my custom clothes ... it worked fine. So now, it would seem, not only were a bunch of Mods broken, most if not all Custom Outfits will need to be redone. I'm going to attempt to load my CC into Sims4Studio, and resave it, and see if that fixes it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    thy wrote: »
    even when disable cc the game takes for ever to load and sims stand still doing nothing responding to nothing?
    any help guys

Please start a topic in the Technical categories for that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks, @craigst39, @egwarhammer! @Ulfric_Grimbrand, let me know what you find? That's all stuff I've never used, so I might need a clear explanation of what's working and what isn't :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Thanks, @craigst39, @egwarhammer! @Ulfric_Grimbrand, let me know what you find? That's all stuff I've never used, so I might need a clear explanation of what's working and what isn't :)

I was afraid of something like that (cc getting trashed along with mods).

Reports also in MC's forum from a user who CAN'T play with any of her pre-patch sims. Still having issues even with a fresh start, but that was odd enough I wanted to mention it.

I loaded up that 20mb file with 185 sims to see what happened. No trouble playing, and loading is somewhat better. I have had ONE hard (reboot laptop to fix) lockup from Sims4, but that could easily have been anything, I honestly suspect Windows 10 hijinks in the background did it.

Laptop is running cooler, so, win there. Till I get the new piece in, that will likely tell a different story.

I put this file in to test issues with babies torching both woohoo and showers/baths (I think both?) if they're too close to the bedroom/bathroom, which is both new and pretty annoying. I haven't SEEN it yet, just loaded that file a little bit ago, been re-dressing cc-stripped sims. LOL!

I put some of that back in too, just to see what I could see. No explosions yet. I plan to do some testing in a little while, RL stuff encroaching on my AM.

I'll be back!
  • Options
    I found the error, and I'll be posting a bug report on here, and at Ask EA's forums. Here's the deal. You cannot have any custom outfits in the very first Everyday Outfit slot. If you do, they won't dress in their group outfits. I did a custom pair of Glasses (purple) for Amethyst, while everyone else would dress, she would stay in what ever outfit she was wearing. 8 Hours of pulling mods, readding mods, resaving mods, making some new CC, etc., (yes, I've been tracking this since about 2Am Eastern in trying to figure out what is going on). It probably wouldn't hurt to open your CC in Sims4Studio and resave it since they obviously made a huge goof. But, for now, all you'll need to do is make sure nothing is custom in that very first Everyday Outfit slot. Now I have a lot of work to do in finding matching outfits in the right colors for my girls. Amethyst: Purples, Kelley: Blues, Summer: Greens / Teals, Liberty: Blacks, and Zoe: Reds. (Yes, I'm a tad weird about that, but I like them in the same outfits, with different colors.)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @luthienrising you might want to re-add the Poltics mod to the broken list its still kind of broken because sims e can't act with others except for introducing themselves.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @luthienrising you might want to re-add the Poltics mod to the broken list its still kind of broken because sims e can't act with others except for introducing themselves.

Have you updated it to the most recent version? I do see other reports of this but haven't seen Zerbu comment on it yet. (He's been tagged on it, though.)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I found the error, and I'll be posting a bug report on here, and at Ask EA's forums. Here's the deal. You cannot have any custom outfits in the very first Everyday Outfit slot. If you do, they won't dress in their group outfits. I did a custom pair of Glasses (purple) for Amethyst, while everyone else would dress, she would stay in what ever outfit she was wearing. 8 Hours of pulling mods, readding mods, resaving mods, making some new CC, etc., (yes, I've been tracking this since about 2Am Eastern in trying to figure out what is going on). It probably wouldn't hurt to open your CC in Sims4Studio and resave it since they obviously made a huge goof. But, for now, all you'll need to do is make sure nothing is custom in that very first Everyday Outfit slot. Now I have a lot of work to do in finding matching outfits in the right colors for my girls. Amethyst: Purples, Kelley: Blues, Summer: Greens / Teals, Liberty: Blacks, and Zoe: Reds. (Yes, I'm a tad weird about that, but I like them in the same outfits, with different colors.)
    Does this include hair? If so, I guess most of my sims won't be joining clubs where they all need to wear the same thing.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I had an issue with the closet (not sure about everyone wearing outfits, I haven't figured that out yet). But my sim couldn't try on clothes. She'd reset every time. I took out all CC and Mods and she can now use the closet. I wonder if my problem is related to your problem. What do you mean "resaving" it with Sims4Studio? I'm new to Sims4Studio and just learned (thanks to another simmer here on the forums) how to delete CC that way.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 I would assume it includes hair. One of my Sims had 1 CC Item on, a pair of glasses I recolored, as a stand alone item. She wouldn't change into the outfit I put together in the Club Outfit thing (kind of like the design uniform for Get to Work Retail).

@ChelleJo By resaving, I mean open it up in Sims4Studio, and just hit save. It may do nothing to help, but it can't hurt.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

The politics mod is not causing any problems in my game - probably best to try redownloading the mod and the venue list mod.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Pegasus143 I would assume it includes hair. One of my Sims had 1 CC Item on, a pair of glasses I recolored, as a stand alone item. She wouldn't change into the outfit I put together in the Club Outfit thing (kind of like the design uniform for Get to Work Retail).

@ChelleJo By resaving, I mean open it up in Sims4Studio, and just hit save. It may do nothing to help, but it can't hurt.

General reminder, remember to get S4S Sugar Beta 2.6.0.8 if you have anything different, they're saying anything earlier isn't going to work now.
  • Options

General reminder, remember to get S4S Sugar Beta 2.6.0.8 if you have anything different, they're saying anything earlier isn't going to work now.

Thank you, I did. I keep up with this post and I seen your earlier post about 2.6.0.8

So, thanks for keeping us updated! I'd never think to look for updates this quickly after one another!! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Quick question: Does anyone know what "Normal5XV1.1" is? Is that the rapid skills gain mod? I have no idea anymore what it is! :#
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options

This is, of course, made even more aggravating because for whatever stupid reasons, cc isn't flagged anymore. I certainly cannot tell (unless there's 20 color choices lol) what came with the game and what I've added :s Am I missing something obvious? Sometimes I feel like I'm only flying with one wing....
  • Options
    amberlinwielangamberlinwielang Posts: 6 New Member
    This is really difficult to the max. I have 4,356 mods in my Sims 4 game. They run fine in it. But ever since the update I have no flipping idea what mod or mods it might be. I've spent 14 hours and only got through 1,000 mods or so... I don't even want to go on with this.
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    Quick question: Does anyone know what "Normal5XV1.1" is? Is that the rapid skills gain mod? I have no idea anymore what it is! :#

Should be Quicker "Normal" Gains at Work and School! V1.1 by simmythesim! I have that, too.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    This is really difficult to the max. I have 4,356 mods in my Sims 4 game. They run fine in it. But ever since the update I have no flipping idea what mod or mods it might be. I've spent 14 hours and only got through 1,000 mods or so... I don't even want to go on with this.

I'm right there with you. I always thought those who declared they were "outta here"....were being too hasty. Now...I'm just not sure the aggravation is worth it.
  • Options

Should be Quicker "Normal" Gains at Work and School! V1.1 by simmythesim! I have that, too.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I had an issue with the closet (not sure about everyone wearing outfits, I haven't figured that out yet). But my sim couldn't try on clothes. She'd reset every time. I took out all CC and Mods and she can now use the closet. I wonder if my problem is related to your problem. What do you mean "resaving" it with Sims4Studio? I'm new to Sims4Studio and just learned (thanks to another simmer here on the forums) how to delete CC that way.

I just did more testing, and I created a Everyday outfit that was no CC (no makeup, eyes, hair...nothing), and a second everyday outfit that had CC (Makeup and eyes only) and my sim wouldn't use the closet unless she was currently wearing her non CC outfit. Any outfit that has CC on it, if she tries to use the closet, it's a no go.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Re. any Get Together-specific CC issues that occur without script or object mods in your game, could you post those to Bugs, please? Many thanks! (There's probably an existing topic there.)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @luthienrising the mod works with the Poltic mod update 3
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @luthienrising the mod works with the Poltic mod update 3

Awesome! Thanks :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey, just wanted to mention that another user is keeping particular mods made by other people up to date.

DrChillGood's Kids Can Die Of Anything is one of them, and is updated for the latest patch. :) - url="http://simstopics.blogspot.com/search/label/Children%20Can%20Die%20of%20Anything%20TS4"]Updated Version[/url
    Also, for anybody who wants to know: Darkpool's mod that we can't talk about is on their page as well. Has some bugs, but they're working on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top