Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Queen Hawika's Court--Final Results Last page!***

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @Xantheanmar and @sabreene ! Great submissions!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I've updated entrants on the first page. You have about 11 1/2 hours to get your entries in! It looks like FIERCE competition! So fitting for Amazons! >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited October 2015
    @pammiechick How are you actually going to hold the contest?

I can read, never mind, lol!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    As the founder of my Amazon tribe has finally become a young adult in my story, I can now submit my contestant. I will do so in the next few hours. I didn't want to reveal her before, because she looks quite much like her descendant (and namesake), and I didn't want the "spoiler" o:)
  • Options
    @Nemo91Utd wrote: »
    As the founder of my Amazon tribe has finally become a young adult in my story, I can now submit my contestant. I will do so in the next few hours. I didn't want to reveal her before, because she looks quite much like her descendant (and namesake), and I didn't want the "spoiler" o:)

Okay! Sounds great! :)

7 1/2 more hours till close! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Just finished her photoshoot, and she doesn't look too much like her great great granddaughter after all... But it isn't hard to see their similarities either. Anyway, my candidate is just around the corner now... Btw, how do I find the gallery-link?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Name of Creator:
    Ama Zo'o

Tribe:
    Zo'o

Office sought:
    Shaman or gatherer (or perhaps explorer - but would absolutely prefer the role of shaman)

Link to Gallery:
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/873202CD693611E58C1C57BB143F925F?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=9ls1ar&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

Backstory:
    Ama was the second daughter of her mother, the matriarch of the once great tribe Zo'o, and she was therefore initially not intended for the top spot in her tribe. As she grew up she loved being outdoors, and Ama was always willing if an extra pair of hands was needed in the garden. Her unique talent with the various fruits, vegetables and herbs was discovered at an early age, and as she grew older Ama loved finding new ways to exploit the plants. She also often went exploring the surrounding lands, and found many new plants which she brought home to the tribal garden. In addition to this Ama had much success in her experiments to find new uses for already known plants. It was Ama Zo'o that discovered that grafting a cutting from one species of plant onto a plant of a different species, could not only lead to a completely new species of plant, but would also make the new plant more productive and able to bear fruits of both species at the same time.
    Ama's older sister, the heiress to the tribe, had already decided that Ama would be her shaman, when disaster struck. A lightening bolt set fire to one of the huts in the village, and the fire spread rapidly to other huts lying close. Several of the Amazons were severly injured by burning or by inhaling too much smoke, and three of them died. One of them was the heiress, Ama's older sister.
    Now that she had all of a sudden become heiress of the tribe, Ama had to concentrate on completely new duties, and she was not able to work as much in the gardens as she used to, nor was she able to go exploring as often. Ama was a loyal Amazon, however, and she took her new role very seriously - although she didn't always agree with all of the old traditions and laws.
    When time caught up with her mother, and Ama was sworn in as the new matriarch of the Zo'o tribe, it was a new dawn for the ancient tribe. Although she was commited to the Amazon way, and to their traditions, Ama was convinced that some changes were needed, and she saw to it that these changes were made. The changes were not always popular amongst all her tribal sisters, but the majority of them - especially the younger Amazons - agreed with her ideas and her success was proven by the fact that under her ruling the Zo'o tribe thrived once again as they had done in the past.
    As often as possible Ama still spent time in the garden or experimenting with new potions - this was what she had always loved and wanted to do.
    In time Ama was known as Ama the reformer, or by some Ama the green (although she usually wore red as was the traditon for the Zo'o matriarch at the time).

Why she wishes to serve:
    Ama's rather liberal thoughts have distraught many of the elder Amazons of her tribe, but she is adamant that the Amazons need to keep up with time and don't stay stuck in old habits that could end up destroying their way of life. "If we are to stay afloat, we can not always swim upstream", she famously said in her inaugural speech. In Hawika Ama sees someone with a mind much like her own, and she wants to serve this new queen and be a part of her court in these historically important times. Ama's daughter, Ariana, is more than ready to take over the reins as matriarch of the Zo'o tribe, and so Ama knows she will leave her tribe in very safe hands should she be elected for office.

Pictures:

10-02-15_11-45-51nbspPM_zpsdjgw3rfy.png
    Ama Zo'o in her informal dress

10-02-15_11-45-27nbspPM_zpsxznvzymx.png
    Close up

10-02-15_11-47-56nbspPM_zpsbtumzctx.png
    Ama in her formal dress

10-02-15_11-47-18nbspPM_zpsduu7mtft.png
    Another close up

As I have said earlier, this Ama Zo'o is not the same Ama that is the founder of the Pungarehu tribe in my Amazon story - she is her great great grandmother. She was created in CAS by going backwards in the genealogy from Ama Pungarehu's mother - their relation is in other words not only imagined. In the end I'll just mention that the jeweled necklace that you can see Ama wearing with her formal dress, and the ring on her left middle finger (in both outfits) are the same pieces that Ama Pungarehu brought with her from the Zo'o village and that she is also wearing four generations later and will be giving on to her heiress when time comes. The tattoos on Ama's arms are the tattoos that I use in my Amazon story for the matriarch (the one on her right arm) and the shaman (left arm). For the record I do not use the same titles in my story.

PS: Sorry if the backstory is a bit long. I tend to get a bit carried away by these things, and I suppose it didn't help that I made her an ancestor of my founder Amazon. Maybe I'll even use this in a future chapter of my story (if you don't mind)...
    Post edited by Nemo91Utd on
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited July 2017
    Marit Tor
    Tor Tribe (Norse "Thunder")

screenshot202015-10-022018-00-24.png

Link to Gallery: CC used; meggles87 is my origin
    CC Used: CC Tracker is giving me grief right now. That's all I'm waiting for so I'll update with links once I get it working. CC Tracker isn't working SO I'm only excited about this hair: Margaery Tyrell Hair

Office sought: Provider
    Backstory and why they wish to serve:
    Creator Hilde of the Northern Tor Tribe thought she was cursed. As the seventh generation creator of her tribe, she was already near the end of her child bearing years and had yet to conceive an heiress, let alone any child (it was not for lack of trying, either). She consulted her council and it was decided that her Shaman would concoct a potion to help her with her fertility. With great fortune, this helped her conceive a Creator Heiress she called Marit.

For many years Marit was an only child. Hilde, displeased with her inability to conceive again, consulted a Shaman from a distant tribe. This time she went through a secret ceremony and returned from the tribe seemingly rejuvenated and young again, almost like an older sister to pre-teen Marit. Hilde was able to conceive easily and produced nine more children over the course of the years.

As the eldest, Marit helped their tribe's provider care for the increasing amount of children, becoming quite apt in the task. She helped in the kitchen and made special meals for her siblings when they requested them. At night she sang to the little ones to get them to sleep, sometimes playing an instrument to entertain them. At age seventeen, Marit nearly ran the household.

Now that her siblings are older, Marit misses the closeness she once felt to them as children. They love her as a mother but now they're more occupied with their tasks of growing up. Marit also knows that even though she will be the next Creator of her tribe, her mother could live for many moons more. Marit has several more sisters of equal talent and mind and any of them would be qualified to become the next Creator.

When news reached their tribe that Queen Hawika was looking for a royal court Marit jumped at the chance; she knew she was more than qualified for the role of provider. She had one problem, however, and that was that she was carrying her first child. Still, she knew she had nothing to lose and she traveled far away to see if she would be honored with a chance at becoming a member of Queen Hawika's court.

(Note: You could explain her ears in one of two ways (or do your own thing :) ): 1. her genetics (that's just the nationality of her tribe) or 2. from the fertility potion her mother drank all those years ago.)
    Post edited by Meggles on
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    This is closed. I'll have the poll up later today. Thank you all for your lovely entries! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Here is the poll! Cast your vote for ONE Creator in each category!

Queen Hawika's Court Poll
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Please be fair and only vote for one Creator in each category.

Thank you! <3
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    JQ123456789JQ123456789 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2015
    Kosumi is sooooo beautiful!!!
  • Options
    Only a few more hours to go! Please vote if you forgot! There are a few close races.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Will be announcing this within the story, so keep reading Tribe Wahine. All submissions will be featured but the chosen ladies will be revealed during the story. There will be clues, though and you'll probably be able to tell after a few episodes who it is...but if not, there will be a formal announcement with a picture made of the group later.

Thank you for participating! I've been playing with all of them. They are ALL beyond gorgeous! Their pictures didn't do them justice!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RedFactorRedFactor Posts: 101 Member
    The first three look the same
    ????
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    They have the same hair but they are quite different in facial features and personality!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Here we are, all eagerly anticipating october 7th and the announcement of who has been chosen for Hawika's court... "Who is it? Who will it be? Is it...? Will it be...? I hope it's going to be..." And then; POW! "There will be clues (...)" and we'll "probably be able to tell after a few episodes who it is"... I love it. Just love it :D (Seriously, I do.) Poor sense of humor maybe, but still... :p
  • Options
    @Nemo91Utd wrote: »
    Here we are, all eagerly anticipating october 7th and the announcement of who has been chosen for Hawika's court... "Who is it? Who will it be? Is it...? Will it be...? I hope it's going to be..." And then; POW! "There will be clues (...)" and we'll "probably be able to tell after a few episodes who it is"... I love it. Just love it :D (Seriously, I do.) Poor sense of humor maybe, but still... :p

Ohh...I was getting worried there! LOL! I vacilated on this but after playing decided it might be fun! I won't make you wait too long. I PROMISE! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I'll accept any results of voting :) I'm just waiting for your story's update :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So far, the results have been revealed within the story:

Gatherer

Lomasi Keronape by @Marialein

Lomasi.jpg

Champion

Amadahy Blessing Moon by @roseinblack69

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%209.59.10%20AM.png

Explorer

Ysa Lionne by @sabreene

Ysa.jpg

There are clues, though. Take a look at all the winning Creators in the story. They have clues that will tell you who the other winners are. You will have to look carefully to know! <3 All results will be posted in the next installment. Thank you for participating and for your patience!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I'm happy for the results, thanks to everyone who voted for my Amadahy, Ysa Lionne by @sabreene and Lomasi Keronape by @Marialein <3:)
    About the clues... I like clues and logic things, so I'll think about it very carefully ;)
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Very sneaky, Pammiechick! If your clue is what i think it is, then I'm over the moon!
  • Options
    Final Results:

Gatherer

Lomasi Keronape by @Marialein

Lomasi.jpg

Champion

Amadahy Blessing Moon by @roseinblack69

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-02%20at%209.59.10%20AM.png

Explorer

Ysa Lionne by @sabreene

Ysa.jpg

Shaman

Mara Adamor by @DarkRavenSoul

mara.jpg

Provider

Kosumi Matunaaga by @XSimMimX

Screenshot_1.jpg

Congratulations to all and thank you for participating!

Sorry you had to wait so long for official results. The official court proceedings will not occur until Aulani has made his choice and conceived a child. THEN more drama awaits! I do have some storylines involving runners up, so keep an eye out for those! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Oh wow, these are literally the five I voted for! I'm so pleased with the results :)