Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long did Sims 4 take to install for you?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    weird, mine took about 3 hrs to download, i also have a very new computer, got it on birthday and sims 4, im reinstalling right now as it isnt working

Hello @MilkySimmer. I hope that the reinstalling of your game helps your game issues.
  • Options
    MilkySimmerMilkySimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow yea, me too, i even tried repairing but it didnt work lol, thank goodness i have a backup file and thanks :)
    Oh BTW this is the problem:
    Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.

[and a lot of numbers ] error
  • Options
    @rosemow yea, me too, i even tried repairing but it didnt work lol, thank goodness i have a backup file and thanks :)
    Oh BTW this is the problem:
    Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.

[and a lot of numbers ] error

Hello @MilkySimmer.
    This link refers to that issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/02/cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged/

It may be related to corrupt cc/mods. Remove your cc/mods and see if that helps. f it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in batches or one by one and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

• Options
    @rosemow i shall do that after the reinstallation (is that a word? dunno). thank you for your help, once again :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @rosemow i shall do that after the reinstallation (is that a word? dunno). thank you for your help, once again :D
  • Options
    Ooops, thout it didnt post, sorry
  • Options
  • Options
    Umicorn78Umicorn78 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have The Sims 4 on my desktop and currently downloading it on my laptop. It's been about an hour and it's only at 7%. Could it be the internet connection?
  • Options
    PandaSims101PandaSims101 Posts: 1 New Member
    i got mine for christmas today, and started around 12:30. it just finished downloading about 10 minutes ago, after 5 long hours at about 600KB per second. its been about 20 minutes and sims 4 is still installing. HELP
  • Options
    i got mine for christmas today, and started around 12:30. it just finished downloading about 10 minutes ago, after 5 long hours at about 600KB per second. its been about 20 minutes and sims 4 is still installing. HELP

Hello .
    It may take a little while to install. I hope that the installation is completed very soon for you.
    Having background programs running can sometimes cause installation of programs to be slower.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Umicorn78 wrote: »
    I have The Sims 4 on my desktop and currently downloading it on my laptop. It's been about an hour and it's only at 7%. Could it be the internet connection?

I just reinstalled it on my new PC last Sunday night. The base game is 8GB, so expect it to take awhile.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Mine took minutes to install.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KonaBear12KonaBear12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I was wondering how long it should take to download the sims 4 on an unlimited, high speed internet plan. Thanks!
  • Options
    mghmgh Posts: 3 New Member
    I have my sims on my desktop and i am digitally downloading it onto my mac but it says its going to take 5 hours I'm going to die.
  • Options
    mgh wrote: »
    I have my sims on my desktop and i am digitally downloading it onto my mac but it says its going to take 5 hours I'm going to die.

Hello @mgh l am sorry that it is going to take a long time to download. Try not having other programs open at the same time and it may help to shorten the download time.
    You will enjoy Simming once it has downloaded and installed :)
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    mgh wrote: »

Specifically, try not having anything open that uses the internet when you are downloading something if you have a slower connection. You can have whatever programs you want open and they will have no effect on the speed of your internet connection, unless it's an app that uses the internet actively. (Or if other people in your house are online at the same time on another computer/phone/smart TV/etc.) :)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    katiebethbookatiebethboo Posts: 1 New Member
    Ive been trying to download the sims 4 for over a month.. and im only at 64%.. what can I do to make it faster id really like to play the game before i turn 80 years old
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Ive been trying to download the sims 4 for over a month.. and im only at 64%.. what can I do to make it faster id really like to play the game before i turn 80 years old

Speedtest:
    http://www.speedtest.net

Post download speed afterwards.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I installed mines from the physical disc and it took about 3 hours as well, but I think because my WiFi was super slow at that moment.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    I installed mines from the physical disc and it took about 3 hours as well, but I think because my WiFi was super slow at that moment.

If you install it from the disc, then your wifi speed has nothing to do with it. The disc is not using wifi to communicate with your computer ;) However, when you pop a disc in, for some ungodly reason, Origin sometimes still thinks it needs to download the game instead of installing it from the disc unless you tell it otherwise.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The base game took almost exactly 1 hour, EPs about 20 minutes, GPs about 10-12minutes and SPs about 5 minutes. Patches depend on the file size.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    It took me less than 15 minutes to install and another 15 minutes to update, since I have the physical disc to install.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    mine took almost 45 min to install but origin was being annoying that day
  • Options
    Brambleclaw22Brambleclaw22 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    The Sims 4 download took less than 30 minutes. The install took about a minute or two. The peak download speed was around 6 megabytes/second. The download speed from speedtest.net is around 60 megabits/second. My computer has an Ethernet connection.
    XLuyfJr.png
  • Options
    GirlGamer1GirlGamer1 Posts: 11 New Member
    For me it took legit 6hours and my wifi is great. It may also depend on how much you have on your pc, saying if you have just enough to download and install Sims 4 it will take a reasonable amount of time. If you have a lot of room it won't take too long. (This is for me, might not be your pc). So I have not too much space, about 34gb so it was meant to take not long but it did. But then again, I have like 10 games on origin which is alot for me. So.... Yeah. It also depends on your wifi, space and games on origin.