Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hasslich Prettacy - A Personal Announcement (April 2)

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm wanting to do a new twist on a prettacy challenge but cannot find the original rules. Do you know of a place that has the rules you used? Thanks, @PeachyKeen88 !!! <3

Oh...got my answer! Off to make up my own challenge! lol!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    @pammiechick - are you planning on sharing your story? I'm excited to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick - are you planning on sharing your story? I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Yes! Will be doing a story with it! It will take some time to set up, though. But I'm done with the rules--it's a prettacy for guy heirs and it has different rules. Can't wait to share! I'll let you know. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Chapter Fifty Three - Broken Promises

Dean returns.....

Chapter Fifty Three - Broken Promises

2rxbe35.png
  • Options
    Chapter Fifty Four - Little Fighter

Emmeline takes care of business in...

Chapter Fifty Four : Little Fighter

o70gb6.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 - I felt bad for Andalie too - Dean was really rough on her, but I think she needed a wake up call. I just hope this means she'll finally get herb priorities straight!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    When I saw the picture of the fight I thought that Emmeline would shout at Andalie for neglecting the kids, mistreating poor Nash and yet again leaving everything to hunt for Dean.

Don't think that the ghostmother's little talk with her really made a difference. We will see what happens now, and how her children will react to her. She might end up pretty lonely if the sisters leave because the house is a mess, the children leave as soon as they are able to because they don't know her or feel valued.

A legacy is not only bringing children into the world, it is also keeping the family together. She has done the first part, we will see if she can do the second part as well or if it is upp to the next heir to gather the family back again.
  • Options
    Chapter Fifty Five - On Bended Knee

So sorry this update has taken so long, but life has been a little chaotic lately. But finally, here is the next chapter!

Andalie's plant-friend gives her some interesting advice in.....

Chapter Fifty Five : On Bended Knee

2hoino3.png
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Ahhhh, oh Andalie. Nash is completely right, and I'm with him, but I still feel for her. Really loved all the relationships this chapter!
  • Options
    @sabreene - Andalie has been hard for me to write for. I loved her as a kid and intended for her to be the heir (until Emmeline became a teen and then I hoped she would win the heir vote).

But I had envisioned a beautiful love story for her and Nash. Unfortunately Andalie had other ideas - she seemed happy enough with Nash until she met Dean, and then she was constantly rolling whims about him even though he was always running hot and cold with her, and even though she already had a boyfriend.

I like to play by whims, but in the end I just couldn't get a relationship for her and Dean to work. They'd get along for awhile until suddenly either a) he would flip into meanie mode and destroy their relationship bar, or b) her insane trait would turn her into an angry mess, and she would ruin it herself.

Ultimately Nash was the better guy for her (they never fought) but I guess she lacks that passion for him. I had really grown attached to Nash and just couldn't let him wind up with someone who was only settling for him.

At least I think Andalie may have learned a lesson both in how to treat others, and how to treat herself.
  • Options
    I'd wanted Emmeline too, though I had loved Andalie's ambition to be the best heir (when she was younger). I can totally see how the insane trait along with the whims for Dean would throw a wrench into plans. I swear, this game has to have some hidden compatibility relationship feature. Some sims seem like they click and want to be romantic with one another and yet they might ignore a different sim with the very same traits.

I use the MC Command mod and turned on autonomous woohoo -- there's a couple who will woohoo anytime they get a few minutes of me not controlling them. And then another couple who always gets whims to kiss or ask other people out on dates. And none of them even have the romantic trait!

Hopefully this will help Andalie to grow, and maybe Nash will find some peace in his golden years (can't believe he turned into an elder already... I just started playing on short lifespan, and they go so fast!).
  • Options

Chapter Fifty Six - Dreams & Nightmares

Meet George in:

Chapter Fifty Six : Dreams & Nightmares

2m4r3t3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Awww, I love baby cowplants. They're just so adorable. This was a good chapter, it's always so interesting to see what the kids look like as they grow up. Nice to see the change in Andalie, too!

Also, I just saw your thread about having the culling problem, and replied over there. I try to help out people using MC Command Center (and if I can't, the creator of the mod is awesome over on MTS), so if what I wrote doesn't help, feel free to ask more questions or pm more or anything!

edit: It would probably be a good idea to make a backup copy of your save folder too, before you do anything else. That way if something goes wrong, you at least have the current saves to get to and try to roll back to pre-culling.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    The young cowplant is so darn cute :o Great chapter and so well written. Poor Andalie gets some Karma for her plum actions but I do feel sad for her too.
  • Options
    Loving the story, thank you for posting :smiley:

Poor Andalie, we saw it coming and I am happy that Nash left because he was worth more but it still hurts. Will be interesting to see what happens in the future.
  • Options
    @sabreene - thanks so much for your help with mc command. I really had no idea how to use it but your instructions were terrific and it looks like I'm up and running again. And, now that I actually understand what I'm looking at, I'm completely blown away by the improvements this will make to my game. Story progression!!!? I mean - yeah. I'm excited.
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 - thank you for the nice compliment! I feel for Andalie too. She's really trying now.... At this point it's just a question of how long it lasts!
  • Options
    I'm so happy you have things working again! I hope you had a save to go back to, or could roll it back to a backup save. There's a thread on here that details how to roll it back -- let me know if you need the link!

And I loooove the MC Command mod. It really improves the game so much. I also love that it's so customizable, so you can really tweak it to work however you want to. There's just so much to it. Took me awhile to read all through it and learn the ins and outs. The guy who created it is really good, too. The patch today changed some language that made it so sims wouldn't move into houses with the mod anymore. He already fixed it, and put up a new file, even though he's still in the middle of working on a new version. Makes me feel really secure that anything that breaks will be fixed right away.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading what happens with Andalie and Emmeline. I can't believe she's an elder now, that means we're close to the next generation! Makes me both excited and sad. I never want to see any of them go!
  • Options
    @sabreene - luckily I didn't actually lose anything. I always check the family tree right before saving, so I was able to exit without saving until I figured it out. Which means I'm up and running again :)

The heir announcement is very close - now that Aurora is a teen it can be at any time. I'm thinking it will be the chapter after next.
  • Options
    Chapter Fifty Seven - Coo Coo C'Choo, Mrs. Robinson

Flirtation, betrayal, and an unexpected fatality in...

Chapter Fifty Seven : Coo Coo C'Choo, Mrs. Robinson

ere7x2.jpg
  • Options
    KelleReeKelleRee Posts: 86 Member
    RIP Andalie! We'll miss your crazy ramblings! George won't though.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. Those pictures of George! I know I shouldn't find death hilarious, but this has to be the best ending for Andalie I can think of. True Andalie, right to the end. I also love the chapter title for this week. So appropriate! Now it's all on Emmeline. I'm so interested in how the heir choice will turn out!
  • Options
    Wow, great chapter! Thank you for posting it. Fun twist at the end, I have no idea what is going to happen next :smile:
  • Options
    @sabreene - Andalie's demise was totally not planned this way, but I also think it's very fitting lol. She planted George to complete her botanist aspiration - after I saw her autonomously flirting with Abe, and she went to eat the cake, I just kind of sat back and let it happen. Honestly I thought she'd get spit back out but.... Nope. Lol.

@SilentKitty - the heir announcement will be next chapter! I must say though - I do kind of miss the excitement of the poll I did with Gen. 3. I'm leaning towards doing a poll again in Gen. 5, as long as there's more than one eligible heir.