Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    These are my Electrician Lords so far:

a296c243-0451-4d6e-ba0d-1204339024ae_zps4coyz8es.jpg
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    They look great, @Pebblycat! Very distinct.

Back at launch, pressing C in CAS didn't work. I hadn't tried it since returning to the game this year. Lo and behold, it works now, just like you said.

Here are Polymaths, First through Sixth:
    n147wD5m.png?19nnyToVm.png?1DZ5NGKom.png?1PfJHiwsm.png?1SpbQ93Em.png?14CfAG56m.png?1

And here they are, Seventh through Twelfth:
    nOzM9Obm.png?1nZLWRkLm.png?1Oz1wu6nm.png?1kWEUU6Lm.png?1bqEt4lkm.png?14HgQsCOm.png?1

These are their starting photos. Interestingly enough, several of them didn't end up looking like this by the time of regeneration. In particular, Third and Eleventh became fitness fiends and looked like bodybuilders. Muscles for days!

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @SimPoseyYum I love your TARDIS, especially the rockets on the surface!

Also, I love seeing all of your Time Lord's incarnations.

@Pebblycat Nice! Three Time Lords already.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    These are my Electrician Lords so far:

a296c243-0451-4d6e-ba0d-1204339024ae_zps4coyz8es.jpg
    They look great, @Pebblycat! Very distinct.

Back at launch, pressing C in CAS didn't work. I hadn't tried it since returning to the game this year. Lo and behold, it works now, just like you said.

Here are Polymaths, First through Sixth:
    n147wD5m.png?19nnyToVm.png?1DZ5NGKom.png?1PfJHiwsm.png?1SpbQ93Em.png?14CfAG56m.png?1

And here they are, Seventh through Twelfth:
    nOzM9Obm.png?1nZLWRkLm.png?1Oz1wu6nm.png?1kWEUU6Lm.png?1bqEt4lkm.png?14HgQsCOm.png?1

These are their starting photos. Interestingly enough, several of them didn't end up looking like this by the time of regeneration. In particular, Third and Eleventh became fitness fiends and looked like bodybuilders. Muscles for days!

I absolutely ADORE seeing other players Timelords, this challenge is so, so much fun to play.

@SimPoseyYum the outside of your T.A.R.D.I.S is amazing!! I need to make mine more interesting for sure :)
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Wow @Pebblycat , you are just whipping through this challenge! LOL. :)

@SimPoseyYum Your Tardis was awesome. Love the outside. My poor First Librarian had the saddest little Tardis LOL!!
  • Options
    @Nastyjman, @Weathie and @ Spacey72659, thanks! I had fun making the TARDIS, inside and out. As for the exterior, I started out basically just trying to hide the entry stairs. A palm tree here, a cactus there, gigantisize a rock or two. Then it sort of just took on a life of its own :D. I like the interior, too, although I never got around to making a Control Room. It's a house I'd like to live in!

And I agree, Spacey: @Pebblycat is making great progress!
  • Options
    I love looking at other people's creations too, the simming community are a creative bunch :)
    I had the opportunity to play many hours yesterday that's why I'm moving quickly :smile: I've started decorating the surface using the money he's earnt (I only had the entry point & a rocketship)
  • Options
    Just a head's up, folks. Something I discovered today. You all may already know this, but it was news to me.

I wanted to start a new game using Fifth. I took him from my library to CAS, tweaked his personality and wardrobe and set him into the world in a fresh lot. Unfortunately, he had retained all the skills and traits he'd learned and earned from from the beginning. I tried to cheat-code them all away, but some of the cheat codes didn't take. As an aside, I've noticed before that that particular cheat code is hit-or-miss, so it's not like I was doing something wrong or entering the code improperly.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you were planning to re-use your Time Lords. Only First will be truly fresh.
  • Options
    Just a head's up, folks. Something I discovered today. You all may already know this, but it was news to me.

I wanted to start a new game using Fifth. I took him from my library to CAS, tweaked his personality and wardrobe and set him into the world in a fresh lot. Unfortunately, he had retained all the skills and traits he'd learned and earned from from the beginning. I tried to cheat-code them all away, but some of the cheat codes didn't take. As an aside, I've noticed before that that particular cheat code is hit-or-miss, so it's not like I was doing something wrong or entering the code improperly.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you were planning to re-use your Time Lords. Only First will be truly fresh.

Interesting. Is there a way to just take their looks and not their skills? Would be a good option to either start anew or retain traits and skills in the future.
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »

Interesting. Is there a way to just take their looks and not their skills? Would be a good option to either start anew or retain traits and skills in the future.

Nope. Unless you made a clone in CAS perhaps? Like a twin... the twin may not have all the traits. But otherwise, yeah, any Sim keeps their traits when saved.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought the idea was to ONLY change his physical form and keep his knowledge. Otherwise, just evict the old time lord and move in a new regenerated one.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I thought the idea was to ONLY change his physical form and keep his knowledge. Otherwise, just evict the old time lord and move in a new regenerated one.
    For the purposes of The Time Lord Challenge, yes, that's the idea. Change the body, keep the mind. I've finished this Challenge but wanted to use Fifth in a totally different game. He wouldn't even be named Fifth. I was hoping to keep the body (and wardrobe) and wipe the mind (oh ok, I was being lazy and didn't feel like doing a fresh CAS :)).
  • Options
    Okay, I'm with you. I am building my Tardis for my sim version of the Doctor. I'm going way over board on his Tardis. It's going to be something to see. I'll be playing him and his companions like a household. Later, I'll do the Time Lord Challenge with a different Time Lord created just for the challenge.
  • Options
    110821012110821012 Posts: 51 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Challenge!!! I am absolutely starting this challenge!
  • Options
    This challenge has me intrigued about the actual television series of Doctor Who and I've been trying to find a DVD/box set that has the original episodes but I'm having a little trouble. I don't know if I'm typing in the right things for it. I have been able to find episodes on the internet but I was hoping to find a "hard copy" of it. Does anyone know if something has been released in the past?
  • Options
    Okay, I'm with you. I am building my Tardis for my sim version of the Doctor. I'm going way over board on his Tardis. It's going to be something to see. I'll be playing him and his companions like a household. Later, I'll do the Time Lord Challenge with a different Time Lord created just for the challenge.

Good luck with the building! Will be great to see some pictures when you're done :)
  • Options
    This challenge has me intrigued about the actual television series of Doctor Who and I've been trying to find a DVD/box set that has the original episodes but I'm having a little trouble. I don't know if I'm typing in the right things for it. I have been able to find episodes on the internet but I was hoping to find a "hard copy" of it. Does anyone know if something has been released in the past?

You sent me into a rabbit-hole:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/225-television-broadcast-tv/59245195?page=1

Never occurred to me how expensive dvd sets are. I had watched Classic and New Doctor Who on Netflix. Gotta appreciate streaming service for these types of shows.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help :)
    Not sure which country you're from but in Australia DVDs and games are quite expensive, that's why lately I've been trying to get DVDs from my local library. Unfortunately they seem to have a odd collection of Doctor Who DVDs (or so it seems :/ ) I was hoping there was one that has the entire set of episodes for the First Doctor.
    For now I'll just watch them at dailymotion.com I presume they are full episodes, here's a link to "An Unearthly Child" if you're interested :)
    dailymotion.com/video/x1246v0_season-1-episode-1-an-unearthly-child_shortfilms
    *fingers crossed* that they aren't taken down anytime soon
  • Options

Don't know about hard copies. I stream it on Netflix, though I don't think they have all of the original seasons. I know they have all the more current ones (not counting the newest I'd assume. Though it's been awhile since I watched).
    I'm actually binge watching X-Files and Charmed atm. LOL.
  • Options
    Aaaaaand I see we've already found answers with the DVD thing. Hahahaaa. That is what I get for posting before reading ;)
  • Options
    Some of the older shows were lost or damaged so there is no longer a complete season of some of the first Doctors. Netflix has a good collection of the older and newer episodes.
  • Options
    Some of the older shows were lost or damaged so there is no longer a complete season of some of the first Doctors. Netflix has a good collection of the older and newer episodes.

Been watching Classic Who in Netflix. I kinda like Second Doctor: he's funny, weird and goofy. I do wish Netflix had more episodes of him.
  • Options
    I began watching Doctor Who as a kid on Saturday morning on PBS. The forth doctor was played by Tom Baker. I begged my mom for a scarf like his, but since we lived in the south, it wasn't really needed, even in winter. I was weird enough as it was, so it's probably a good thing Mom said no.
  • Options
    I began watching Doctor Who as a kid on Saturday morning on PBS. The forth doctor was played by Tom Baker. I begged my mom for a scarf like his, but since we lived in the south, it wasn't really needed, even in winter. I was weird enough as it was, so it's probably a good thing Mom said no.

I'm working towards the Fourth Doctor. I'm still watching the Third Doctor in "The Green Death."

Even though the special effects are outdated and the dialogue corny, I actually appreciate the stories so far.
  • Options
    If you look carefully at the console panel, you may notice buttons and knobs missing that fell off in storage between seasons, and they were never replaced.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top