Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    @Suepea; Very Pretty! I love the enlarged baby carriage and the laundry basket is such a great touch. the picture of the mom in front of it, staring @ the pictures is classic. A standing mommy mini break... lots of work giving your little princess everything. lol

@liliaeth; Great idea! Nice theme. I really like the floor and the enlarged Robot and dinosaur behind the chair!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    @suepea Great use of MOO ad I love that you made her room a transitional room! The welcome home celebration banners were a great touch! Great Job! :)

@liliaeth Babygreen is really cool. Love the outdoors floor and your use of moo. The Over sized toys was a great touch! :)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Theme for the week: A Baby Room
    Gallery name of room : A Little Princess
    Origin id : MzHicks
    Forum id: NHicks
    Gallery Link:
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/45E85DC5113E11E589CF0D2985824A1B?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=MzHicks&sortby=newest&max=25

A Little Princess

A%20Little%20Princess_zpsj9sfhcym.jpg

03-19-15_7-46nbspAM-2_zps8uusles0.png

03-19-15_7-47nbspAM_zpsjjwguxbd.png
    ~My showcase thread~
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    Gallery name of room : Loving Blue
    Origin id : Simmie99
    Pictures of the room:

1_zpsk1vhptbp.png

2_zpsaunm67kr.png

3_zpspfg1gu2f.png

4_zps03hfadkt.png

5_zpspijhviua.png
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    A Little Princess is such a pretty room for the new little girl! @NHicks :) The furnishing of the room is so very nice! The wall paneling is very nice. It is very nice that you have designed a room that it very nice for her both as a baby and as she grows up. It is nice that you have both a cot and a single bed in the room. The tea party table and chairs in the middle of the room is very nice for her to sit and play at as she gets older. The type of seats that you have used and the teaset looks nice. The two sizes of giraffes in the room look very cute! The giraffe beside the bed will watch over her whilst she is asleep! Nice armchair sitting nook beside the cabinet for her to enjoy sitting there having a read of a book. It looks so very pretty how you have placed and alternated the bunnies, flowers and butterflies pictures in a row along the top of the wall cabinets! It looks so very nice! The bunny looks cute on top of the other cabinet too! It is nice that you have placed an armchair beside the cot for the parents to enjoy sitting resting there watching the baby as she is sleeping. The flowers look pretty on the table beside the cot, and the butterflies picture on the wall is a calming restful sight for the sims to see when in the room. The unicorn and the deer look very cute in the room! The wall clock is a nice homely touch. Very nice study desk nook for the girl to sit at the table and use the computer when she is a little older. The changing table with the nearby basket of toiletries and the towels looks great!
    It is such a very nice room! Hannah and her little daughter will be so very happy when they see it! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Loving Blue is such a very nice room for the new little child! @Puncky99 :) The layout of the room is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! The blue colour scheme of the room is very nice. The large heart teddy looks cute guarding the entrance to the room! Very nice leafy and animal wall pattern that you have used for the room. The bunny prints look so nice on the entrance and cot area walls. The animal pictures look cute and happy on the walls! The little child will have fun playing with the doll house. Very nice toy box and reading nook area. Hannah and Timothy will enjoy sitting resting on the armchair holding their child and reading a story to them. The child will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box. The patterned floor rugs add nice looks in the room. The windows cot alcove is very nice! The curtains there look very nice and it is nice for the sunshine to come in through the windows whilst the baby is asleep. The teddy bear looks cute watching over the little child! It looks nice how you have used the curtains to separate off the cot alcove area. The toys on the shelves near the doll house are nice touches there and the animals look great on the floor either side of the dollhouse.
    The room is very nice! It is a very special room for the new little child! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @rosemow Thank you dear rose. <3 I love this challenge.

@Talea12345 Very nice baby room. I love the big bear who is watching over the crib.
    @suepea Wow! This really looks like a princess room. Love your decorations.
    @liliaeth I'm sure this baby will love the outdoors when he/she is growing up! Very nice room.
    @Nhicks This is a wonderful baby room. I really like what you did with the dresser. I miss those things from the Sims 3 but you made it possible in the Sims 4. Great job.

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Puncky99 wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you dear rose. <3 I love this challenge.

@Talea12345 Very nice baby room. I love the big bear who is watching over the crib.
    @suepea Wow! This really looks like a princess room. Love your decorations.
    @liliaeth I'm sure this baby will love the outdoors when he/she is growing up! Very nice room.
    @Nhicks This is a wonderful baby room. I really like what you did with the dresser. I miss those things from the Sims 3 but you made it possible in the Sims 4. Great job.

Thanks for your nice words :-)

And I have to admit that if there's one thing this week's challenge thought me, is that the sims 4 really need a stuff pack aimed at stuff to do with a babies. Even just a changing station would be a nice addition to the game
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @rosemow @Nhicks and @treece01 thanks for your kind word.

@Nhicks I love your color scheme and the use of the giraffes.
    @Puncky99 great use of carpets, I just love the shape of the room and how you used the curtains
    @suepea I adore how you put the bookcases behind the pet, lovely build :-)
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2015
    Entry Form
    Gallery name of room : Squishy Cheeks Nursery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9BB73FE112AE11E581DD1F189CF50BC3?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=treece01&max=25
    Origin id : treece01

Was going to go for a "theme" but then just decided to go with a hodgepodge of possibility for a new baby to explore. My cousin's new baby...irresistibly, adorably squishy cheeks inspired me to aim for lots of soft, cuddly, squishy toys. Loving everyone's entries so far. I'm going to wait till they're all in to make individual comments. Enjoy!
    Pictures of the room :
    18620257159_f5ec382daa_z.jpg
    18185788663_36c5a8ec81_z.jpg
    18618611758_4d0097127d_z.jpg
    18808908881_2aa7f9b017_z.jpg
    18183748824_35836ac413_z.jpg
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I am so far behind on my challenges :'(:s
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Soo many cute nurseries! I love how everyone had huge cute stuff animals :)
    ~My showcase thread~
  • Options
    Squishy Cheeks Nursery is so very nice! @treece01 :) The name of the room is so very great! Very nice furnishing of the room! The little child will be very happy and enjoy being in their very special room! The jigsaw patterned flooring and the floor rugs on top of it look very nice! It looks nice that you have placed the awnings over the cot. The cot alcove is very nice! The drapes look pretty over the wall area behind the cot and the animal pictures are very cute for the child to see when laying in the cot! The big bunnies, deer, dinosaur, dragon, gnome and heart teddies are very cute and happy looking in the room for the little child to have lots of fun looking at and playing with! Very nice dinosaur themed reading area! The dinosaur picture and animal look great together. Hannah and Timothy will enjoy sitting resting on the armchair there, reading a story to their little child. It is nice how you have angled the bookcase in the corner. The banner and balloons are nice and celebratory for them to see when coming home from hospital! The heart teddy looks very cute sitting on the dresser! It is nice for the sims to see when coming to get dressed. The various colours and types of ceiling and wall lights in the room looks very nice! The sunflowers picture on the wall looks sunny! The colourful plumbobs picture on the wall looks very colourfully nice. It looks nice how you have used the columns to separate off the cot the area! The mooing work there with the train, large rabbit and the ottoman seat looks so very great! The way you have done it is very nice!
    It is a very nice baby room! The family will like it very much! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I am so far behind on my challenges :'(:s

Hello @EAfan99 :) It would be great if you are able to enter a room, but I understand that real life gets busy. Enjoy looking at the other rooms if you are unable to enter a room yourself.
  • Options
    @liliaeth Thank you for your nice comment on my baby room and I agree with you. We need a stuffpack for babies (and toddlers ;-)

• Options
    Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for this week: A Baby Room
    Name of room in Gallery: Bright Baby Room
    Origin ID: battyivy21
    [img][/img]18811579761_88650c9be8_b.jpgBright Baby Room by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]18621272700_f7d76f6865_b.jpgBright Baby Room by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]18811587761_468b4de0b8_b.jpgBright Baby Room by ivy batty, on Flickr
  • Options
    @Battyivy21 Oh, I love this room. You did great with all the pictures on the walls. Love it! <3

• Options
    Bright Baby Room is such a lovely room for the little child! @BattyIvy21 :) The pictures of the teddies and the flowers on the wall look so very nice! They add such a special look to the room! The way you have placed them on the wall looks very nice. The colour and pattern on the walls of the room looks very nice. Very nice colour scheme of the room! Very pretty cot nook area! It looks nice how you have used the fencing to separate off the nook area. It is nice that you have placed the cot in front of the window and the curtains there look very nice. The pink circular floor rug is a nice touch under the cot, and toiletries and tissues are nice home touches on the tables there for the parents to use. The big bunny, giraffe , and unicorn look so cute in the room! Very nice book nook corner! It looks nice how you have placed books beside the bookcase. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting and reading corner! The sims will enjoy sitting reading bed night stories to their little child. The flowers look pretty on the side table there. The basket of clothes is a great home touch in the room. The paintings on the walls are colurfully nice for the sims to enjoy looking at when in the room. The floor texture looks nice wuth the walls.
    The room is so very nice! The colour scheme of the room gives such a very nice feel to the room, and the photos are very great! Thankyou very much for entering their weeks challenge :)
  • Options
    Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    @Talea12345 Love the shape of the room. The changing table looks great.
    @suepea I love the colors and flow of the room. Great idea with the two beds for when they grow up.
    @liliaeth What a cool room. I like the flooring and the dinosaur behind the crib and the wall pattern.
    @Nhicks Your room is so pretty! I love all the pink and white furniture. And the bunny, flowers and pictures on the shelves looks so cute.
    @Puncky99 Beautiful Room! Love the colors and wall patterns everything goes so well together.
    @treece01 Love everything that is going on in this room. There is so much to look at.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Entry Form Challenge 17
    Theme for this week: A Baby Room
    Name of room in Gallery: CONGRATS..IT'S A GIRL!!
    Origin ID: Zita1966

Hannah is super excited, she is due to go to hospital any day now and the baby room for their little girl is finished. It's Hannah's first baby and she can not sleep a wink..she checks if everything is in place for the arrival of little Rosie and of course have to text one more pic of Rosie's nursery 2 her BFF.....

Wp3ddhF.jpg
    4goC0G1.jpg
    6I3o699.jpg
    CxMhXR0.jpg
    rcCwKHZ.jpg
  • Options
    The nursery for Rosie is so very nice! @Zita1966z :) The pink and black colour scheme of the room looks so very great! The furnishing of the room is so very nice! The cot nook area looks so very nice! The giraffes look very cute either sides of the cot, and the bunny prints look very cute on the wall! The pink curtains look pretty on the side wall there. Very nice nook area with the hanging robe and the towels! It looks very nice how you have stacked the towels! The dresser area is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the rows of toiletries! The heart teddies are very cute sitting on the dresser and the window ledge! The candles look very pretty on the dresser. The lights look very nice around the edges of the TV! Hannah will enjoy sitting on the armchair watching TV whilst she is with her little girl watching her asleep in the pram. It looks great how you have created the rocking chair! The books are a nice touch on the table. The bunnies floor rug is a nice touch in the room and the pink circles floor pattern looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have combined the ottoman seats! The big teddy looks very cute sitting on top of it! The basket of clothes is a nice touch on the room. The bunny and the flowers look very nice on the pedestals either sides of the bookcase. The lighting in the room looks great! It is a very nice picture of Hannah excitedly texting her friend with pictures of her nursery room.
    The room is so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @GuruFanNo, Cute story on your Cabaret Banker! The room looks perfect for both of his personalities. :D

@Liziann1, I Love the corner desk over by the windows, with that incredible view! I so would not get any work done there, lol. Too busy staring out the windows. :p I love the orange color too. Nice and cozy. :)

@Emma-LeeXOXO, Nice color choice for your room! The navy and orange compliment each other very well. It's set up very nicely and I really like the desk nook. :)

@treece01, Whoa! What a Gorgeous room! I love all the separate areas. It's so elegant and refined! :) And I'd like to thank you for the kind comment on my room! ;)
    I got a chuckle out of the name for your baby room! Squishy Cheeks, lol :D Such a Cool nursery though! It almost looks like a little toy shop with all the cute toys! I love the idea of the trolley as part of the baseboard. It's looks so cool and was such a neat idea! :)

@Talea12345, Such a sweet room! I Love the giant teddy bear and the soft pink color. :)

@suepea, Hello Sue! It's So Lovely to see you over here and your nursery is Stunning! I just love the layout and design choices. So very soft and pretty and such Awesomely clever MOOing! :)

@liliaeth, Love your alien themed room! Such a clever idea! Nicely set up and I love all the enlarged toys. :)

@Nhicks, your room is Adorable! Beautiful colors. I love the placement of the furniture and all the cute little kick-knacks on top of the cabinets. :)

@Puncky99, Such a sweet little room with all the soft, pretty blues and yellows! I love how you separated the sleeping area from the play area. Nicely done! :)

@Battyivy21, I Love this adorable nursery! The little area for the bassinet looks awesome! And the pictures and prints on the walls are just so Cool. :)

@Zita1966z, Such a cute room! I Love all the bright colors and I especially love the giraffes guarding the bassinet. Adorable! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Theme for the week: A baby room
    Gallery name of room : It's a Girl
    Origin id : wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room :

06-13-15_1-30nbspPM-2_zpss3czqusq.png
    06-13-15_1-31nbspPM_zpssuc8xu0q.png
    06-13-15_1-32nbspPM_zps5q5rgudw.png
    06-13-15_1-32nbspPM-2_zpsc44wr3ds.png

I just couldn't resist making this room for a baby boy too. :D So here it is in blues. :)

It's a Boy

06-13-15_4-18nbspPM_zpsdhyz2moo.png
    06-13-15_4-15nbspPM_zps3gojnaeg.png
    06-13-15_4-15nbspPM-2_zpscadhudqn.png
    06-13-15_4-16nbspPM_zpsxh2zvkld.png
  • Options
    Both It's a Girl and It's a Boy are such very nice and lovely baby rooms! @WrathofCath :) The furnishing of the rooms look so very nice! The girls room is so very pretty in pink and white colour scheme! The boys room looks so nice with the blue and white colours! The pink hearts and the ship on the bedhead walls made up of lights looks so very nice! The clouds in the skies go well with the boat! The bed head alcoves are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the white cabinets around the bed. The heart teddy, bunny and ladybug look very cute on the girls bedhead table, and looks great descending in size! It looks so nice how you have placed the study desk table in the bed alcove nook! The pink heart teddy looks cute in the corner of the room! The flowers made of circles and lights on the floor are very creative and nice! Very nice art nook! The little girl will enjoy sitting at the art table doing art work and watching TV on the cute penguin TV! The bunny print and mouse picture looks cute on the wall there! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets and counter to create the changing table nook! Very nice cot nook area in the room! It looks nice how you have created the lounger for Hannah to lay on and rest if she is staying in the room with her little child to watch over her whilst the little one is asleep . She will also enjoy sitting there reading a book from the bookcase there to the little girl. The lady bird picture there is cute for the little girl to look at when in the cot! The mobile is nice for the little girl to look up and see. The pink lamp looks pretty behind the lounger! The big bunny and giraffe look very cute in the corners of the room! The shelves look so nice how you have placed the dolls and mysims in a row on them! She will have lots of fun playing with the dollhouse and the toys from the toy box! The curtains look very pretty! The flower themed wall lights look very nice in the room. The boys room is very nice! The ship is a nice touch on the wall in the art nook area and on the bedhead table. The elephant picture is cute on the cot wall! The gnomes and pig look cute on the shelf on the wall!
    Both rooms are so very nice! They are such very special rooms for the children! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Apologies for not having kept up to date with this thread,originally I was just using my Sim-time to try and make some progress with rebuilding the worlds as I want for my own gameplay and as I am the most horrendously sloooow builder I know of that in itself is a feat and I overlooked the forums,then some tricky health problems decided to rear their heads again so I have been MIA for quite some time. Since I (finally,gah) made it back to the forums I have been trying to get up to date with this thread and I think I'm there at last! All I can say is,wow- as ever @rosemow has continued to come up with one brilliant theme after another and all you contributors have outdone yourselves with your builds <3. I've absolutely loved seeing how different everyones take on the same idea can be,even with the limits of no CASt. Obviously I can't comment in detail on the twenty-five or so (plus?) pages I missed lol but great work everyone and huge congratulations to everyone who received a Maxis favourite!

Two quick notes just to say that @GuruFanNo1 the giant strawberries in your 'Chocolate & Strawberries Teen Bedroom' entry were just so much fun,love that idea it really made me smile; and @Liziann1 @WrathofCath your outdoor/pool themed rooms for the '21st Birthday' and 'Games Room' themes respectively are making me even more impatient to get my hands on the new SP!

Lastly,the pictures of this week's theme are just too cute for words and making me seriously broody hehe

P.S. If the above makes no sense please excuse me it is currently 2.46am here and thanks to weeks of insomnia I am more incoherent even than usual,and that's just plain unnecessary tbh ;)
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top