Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Joolster's Builds~ Various new additions, pg. 14-15

Comments

• Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited January 2016
    Crazy Edna’s Trailer
    • Type: Residential
    • Lot Size: 20 x 15
    • CC-free

1 Bed, 1 Bath. Crazy Edna’s trailer is the perfect representation of Edna’s personality - chaotic on the outside, sweet on the inside. For some reason Gallery says you need GTW for it. You don’t. Even “Show Details” shows no GTW objects used. *shrug*

! Important !: Gallery might shuffle the rugs, change mood-based woodworking sculptures and will unframe paintings and photos.

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o1_1280.png

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o3_1280.png

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o4_1280.png

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o5_1280.png

tumblr_nmi3t7yamz1t0jfq2o6_1280.png

Search “Crazy Edna’s Trailer”, ju1ka (ID) or #Jools. You can also download the tray files on my blog.
    Post edited by Joolster on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The Green Cabin
    • Type: Residential (Rental)
    • Lot Size: 30 x 20
    • CC-free

1 Bed, 1 Bath. If you are looking for an authentic rustic dwelling to call your home while exploring Granite Falls, consider staying in the Green Cabin.

! Important !: Gallery might shuffle the rugs, change mood-based woodworking sculptures and will unframe paintings and photos.

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o1_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o3_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o4_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o5_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o7_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o6_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o8_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o9_1280.png

tumblr_nmjqps1arc1t0jfq2o10_1280.png

Search “The Green Cabin”, ju1ka (ID) or #Jools. You can also download the tray files on my blog.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Trailer Chic
    • Type: Residential
    • Lot Size: 30 x 20
    • CC-free

1 Bed, 1 Bath. Nothing trashy about this trailer lot! Trailer Chic is all about the simple life with a bit of fun.

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o10_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o6_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o3_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o4_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o5_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o9_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o7_1280.png

tumblr_nmnsdhyaRc1t0jfq2o8_1280.png

Search “Trailer Chic”, ju1ka (ID) or #Jools. You can also download the tray files on my blog.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Each of your builds are so very nice! :) They have such a lot of great details and features in them! The design of each of them and the way you have furnished both the interiors and the outdoors areas looks so very, very great! The comminuty lot builds look so very great! Thank you very much for sharing the lot with all the paintings in it! It will be very helpful for simmers to use the paintings in their builds! The design and layout of Shipshod Fair is so very nice! The carousel, the stands, and the colourful buildings and seating look so nice! It looks very nice how you have used the awnings in the build! It looks so nice both the outdoors and interior! Public Gardens is so very nice too! The layout of the build is so nice, with all the many nice areas in the outdoors! The wheels on the trailer in the Trailer Chic build look great! Each of your builds is so very detailed! They have many, many great features in them, both in the outdoors areas and indoors! It is such a delight looking at the pictures of the builds and it will be extra nice for our sims to enjoy either visiting the venues or living in them in the game! I am sorry that I can't write about all the nice features in each of the builds, but it would take such a long time to write about them! They are all so very nice! Thank you for sharing them with the Simming community :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    That fair is awesome!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh Gosh I love Crazy Edna's ..... I can just picture Crazy Edna also being Crazy Cat Lady ;)

Great builds as always, and you've given me an idea to try on my next build. B)

~ ETA~
    Jool's your awesome, thanks for the inspiration
    13f1c4344d595dfa349f6a602da3a78e.jpg
    Outdoor lighting will no longer be a bane for me.
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Kitty, you are awesome!!! ALL are absolutely beautiful, creative, fun, and soooooo full of such imagination!! I have been waiting for you to do a 'paintings lot'.....THANK YOU!!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Hi Mama Dragon, long time no see, I just followed you in the Gallery! Crazy Edna is indeed a crazy cat lady (currently without cats since no Pets). She can be found in my gallery, and was mentioned in my sim showcase thread.

And you're right, outdoor lighting is severely lacking at the moment. Another good idea is to use a column and a wall lamp raised up (used MOO cheat and then 9/0 to raise/lower object from the ground) to "fake" a lamp post. Although as far as I know if you raise stuff "outside a room" it will drop to ground level if you upload the build. But it's a nice substitute for personal projects.

@Cassee Thank you dear <3

@ReneVeronicaZIta @Ash072 @rosemow Thank you. :)
  • Options
    Coffee219Coffee219 Posts: 128 Member
    Nice builds. In particular I like the Green Cabin. I love how your clever use of items made it look pretty much like an actual log cabin. Well done!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your multiple builds are very awesome! :smiley:
    * Luxury Springs - A very cozy cabin with rustic architecture and adorable landscaping. Calming lake area too!
    * Willow Wellness Center - An amazing gym with industrial-feeling architecture and I like your customized cabana too!
    * Public Gardens - A lovely garden park with adorable landscaping, cozy barn and porch area, very creative customized stalls, and fantastic pergola.
    * Slipshod Fair - An amazing fair with very gorgeous trailer structures, creative carousel and stalls, and very cool stage area.
    * Paintings - An amazing show of multiple paintings. You did put a lot of effort in this lot since it can only be found in Live Mode.
    * Crazy Edna’s Trailer - An adorable trailer with fantastic exterior and very cozy interior.
    * The Green Cabin - Another cozy holiday cabin with fantastic architecture, adorable landscaping, and another cozy interior.
    * Trailer Chic - A very creative trailer park with colorful furnishing in exterior, and very calming interior.
    I love them! I'm adding these to my faves if I haven't already did! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Joolster wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Hi Mama Dragon, long time no see, I just followed you in the Gallery! Crazy Edna is indeed a crazy cat lady (currently without cats since no Pets). She can be found in my gallery, and was mentioned in my sim showcase thread.

And you're right, outdoor lighting is severely lacking at the moment. Another good idea is to use a column and a wall lamp raised up (used MOO cheat and then 9/0 to raise/lower object from the ground) to "fake" a lamp post. Although as far as I know if you raise stuff "outside a room" it will drop to ground level if you upload the build. But it's a nice substitute for personal projects.
    Thanks for the follow, your builds are always amazing. :)

As to the lamps, it was the enlarged decor on Crazy Edna's lot that gave me the "ah-ha" moment. I didn't raise the lamps I made them larger :mrgreen:

I wonder if the drop applies to door arches too?
    my current wip
    ea3c45ff8149d1bd70d84c2d594509b2.jpg
    It's not going to be finished for another week or two, as it's way out of my comfort zone, being a posh kind of place 'n all.

I might do a small lot, to test the ideas and see if they transfer via the gallery ...... 'm never mind might am going to :)

ps, tested and the lamps stayed large but the arches did indeed drop back to floor level, but work if double stacked with a gate. Only problem with that is the gate doesn't always open when the sims walk through. :/

Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Coffee219 @RyeCris16 Thank you. :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Yes it's a shame stuff drops to the ground. Does the grassy arch drop? Surprising, since technically as you have foundation level, the arch *should be* on the "ground level" in its current state. I noticed that if stuff is in a "room" and then raised, it will not fall. Even if the room has been deleted. You could try building a 2x1 room over the arch, then place the arch in the room and delete the walls/floor, see if that helps?

Also, be sure to have MOO *off* when testing your lots. The latest March patch now makes certain objects drop to the ground, and misplaces furniture if MOO is on when placing a lot.

• Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    What amazing builds you have! I think Willow Wellness Center, Public Gardens, and Trailer Chic were probably my favorites. I love the outdoor seating area with all the lanterns for Trailer Chic. Thanks for sharing!
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2015
    Your builds are always so detailed Jools! That's why I love them! Well done! My favourite build is the log cabin! Looks picture perfect! Already added some of your builds to my favourites. :D
  • Options
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Ooh woow how have I not seen your thread before?!?! Can I just say amazing work! You have a new fan ;)@Joolster
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Nhicks wrote: »
    Ooh woow how have I not seen your thread before?!?! Can I just say amazing work! You have a new fan ;)@Joolster

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Magnolia Pier
    • Type: Community (Park)
    • Lot Size: 40 x 30
    • CC-free

Watch the walkthrough!

Magnolia Pier is a large nautical-themed boardwalk. It has a small restaurant in the middle as well as various entertainment and activity items strewn all over.

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o1_1280.png

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o4_1280.png

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o5_1280.png

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o6_1280.png

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o7_1280.png

tumblr_nnh24xcidL1t0jfq2o8_1280.png

Search “Magnolia Pier”, ju1ka (ID) or #Jools. You can also download the tray files on my blog.

• Options
    Magnolia Pier is a very nice nautical boardwalk park! :) The layout of the build is so very nice! It is a very detailed build! It looks very nice how you have done the pier decking and the water! The bridge entrance to the build looks very nice! Nice seat bench sitting areas between each of the striped roof covered stall stands. The entertainment stalls look so nice! The awnings striped roofing on them looks great! It looks very nice how you have set them up with the toys, rosettes and the toys on the shelves! They are creatively done! The ledge counters there look great. The rocks and plants look nice in the water. The merry go round carousel looks so very great! Very nice design of it ! It looks so nice how you have used the spandrels there and through the build! The enlarged vehicles and the curtains look great there! It looks great how you have created the star spinning wheel! Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table. The food stands look so very nice! It looks great how you have a fish stand! The fruit bowl and bottles of drinks look great on the other food stand. It looks very nice how you have set up the BBQ stand! The chopping board with food ingredients on it and the hanging pots look great there. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them at the picnic tables, enjoying the sea air! The condiments are nice touches on top of the tables. The indoors restaurant is very nice too! It looks nice how you have set up the tables and chairs for sims to enjoy sitting and dining at. The plants are nice touches on the table tops. The exterior design of the restaurant building is so nice! The roofing tower looks very great! The ferris wheel ride is so very creatively made! The way you have placed the lights, the sun and the seats for the people to sit in looks so great! Nice corner of the pier for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats in the sunshine having a drink from the cooler and a chat. The crates are nice touches there.
    It is a very creatively designed build! :)
  • Options
    Thank you rose, you always deliver such sweet comments.
  • Options
    Congratulations on Slipshod Fair being favourited by Maxis! :) It is such a very detailed, creative, colourful and very nice build! All the areas in the build are very great!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on Slipshod Fair being favourited by Maxis! :) It is such a very detailed, creative, colourful and very nice build! All the areas in the build are very great!

Thank you. <3

• Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    Wow, that pier is AMAZING! So creative how you've managed to build so much with such ordinary items. Such fantastic talent :)
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Magnolia pier is pure genius and absolutely beautiful! From color scheme to layout attractions and games, the whole thing is amazing! Well done :)@Joolster
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest