Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ romagi's recreation ♥ new 2/14/15 ~ Cini Mini ~ pg 6 ♥

Comments

• Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    absolutely beautiful!
    how do you get inspiration to build like this?
    all i get is sqaure.. not a very creative person.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @rosemow, such a sweetheart! Always such wonderful reviews of all builds! Thank You!

@vanmjes, Thanks so much for stopping by!

@yanti68, lovely to see you here! I'm really not that good at color matching so I relied on EA rugs for the colors to put together! :D

@Chris2fer03, The Brownstone and Warehouse I built the first month TS4 came out. I was so glad the Brownstone had room to add a small pool.

@eternalised, at the moment the Colonial is my FAV too! :D I did the apartments so I could get my singles to meet each other without dealing with loading screens and hoping the right sim would be there! LOL

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow Ro! You have been pretty busy yourself, lol! :p All three of your new builds are Gorgeous! I know I saw Family Colonial and got that one faved, but I don't think I caught the other two yet. Will definitely get to those later on when I get back in game. BTW, I Love the blue and yellow kitchen! So pretty! Happy New Year, Ro! :)<3
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Romagi Three wonderful new builds each with great architecture and I love your colour choices . Hugs Folly
  • Options
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Awesome three new lots! :D
    *Family Colonial - Very awesome architecture. I love your pool shape and fountain too! Gorgeous interior.
    *Brownstone Apartments - Very awesome architecture and gorgeous interior.
    *Warehouse Conversion - Loving your architecture and colorful interior. Adding this to my faves.
    Gonna love them. :D

Thanks! I had fun trying MOO in the Family Colonial!
    becstar732 wrote: »
    absolutely beautiful!<br />
    how do you get inspiration to build like this?<br />
    all i get is sqaure.. not a very creative person.

Mostly I google pics. I do look at floor plan sites to but have rarely been able to completely stick to the plan.
    Wow Ro! You have been pretty busy yourself, lol! :p All three of your new builds are Gorgeous! I know I saw Family Colonial and got that one faved, but I don't think I caught the other two yet. Will definitely get to those later on when I get back in game. BTW, I Love the blue and yellow kitchen! So pretty! Happy New Year, Ro! :)<3

Thanks Cath! I still think you have me beat! LOL
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your new avi is very nice! :) I hope that you have a very nice New Year of 2015!

Hi Rose Thanks! I wanted to try the cheek and chin dimples! :D

• Options
    Vermanitus7Vermanitus7 Posts: 52 Member
    Wow, great houses! They're very stylish and cozy! I like their shapes and gardens :) Your great sim-builder! :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Your Colonial is outstanding! As always your builds our some of my FAVES!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    CountryCutie516CountryCutie516 Posts: 49 Member
    > @romagi1 said:
    > Questions for current request/s
    >
    > Please check here often for additional Questions. Thanks!
    >
    > These are not anything I have picked out just needing to know which way I need to be planning.
    >
    > When you say modern are you wanting something with a flat roof like this
    >
    >
    >
    > or something more along these lines with a shingled roof?

A shingled roof for mine please.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I don't mean to be a pain but, how is my build request coming? I can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I don't mean to be a pain but, how is my build request coming? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hi! Sorry about that! :D I left a note with a pic here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12681944/#Comment_12681944

I am in the testing stage right now and then need to take some more pics but I should be done by this weekend. I'll try and get a pic of the back up tonight.

Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The colour and texture of the exterior looks nice. Very nice front porch! It looks nice how you have used the spandrels there. Nice armchairs and seat bench sitting areas on the porch for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors watching other sims passing by. The open shutter windows look nice how you have placed them in the home, and the rows of windows at the back of the home look very nice! The plants look nice how you have placed them along the front edge of the lot. Very nice backyard! The pool area is great! Nice covered over poolside sitting area. Great gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes there. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship or the monkey bars. Nice outdoors dining patio. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq there and eating meals at the table.
    It is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    CountryCutie516 your request is ready!

Duskwood: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/83C92A8BA96A11E488ACCC229FE0A922?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Duskwood&max=25

It has 5 bedrooms plus a nursery, 6 full baths, gym, playroom, large kitchen / dining combo, study, living room, pool and play-area. The 2 child bedrooms have a single bed each and the 2 teen rooms have a double bed each.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Duskwood is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of it! The roofing is very nice and the texture of the exterior looks great. Very nice front porch! It looks nice how you have used the spandrels there. Nice sitting areas there for sims to enjoy resting on the seats there watching other sims passing by their home. The open shutter windows look nice how you have placed them in the build. Very nice backyard area of the home! The covered over pool area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats in the raised level shelter building and enjoy chatting, reading and watching what is happening outdoors. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, and child sims will enjoy playing on the pirate ship or on the monkey bars. The bird bath is a nice touch nearby. Nice back patio dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals in the sunshine outdoors. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers though the backyard areas. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The wooden floor looks nice. Very nice living room! The blue colour scheme of the seating and floor rug looks nice. It looks nice the type of curtains that you have used there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats watching tv, having a drink from the bar, or having fun playing games on the card table, enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows. Nice study area. It looks nice how you have angled the table and have a study desk corner for sims to enjoy sitting using the computer. Nice art nook corner for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel. They will have fun playing chess there. Very nice dining area! The blue colour of the walls looks nice. The fruit picture on the wall and fruit bowl and flowers on the fireplace ledge are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining there. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The green plants are nice natural touches either sides of the fireplace. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there! The wall tiling looks very nice with the cabinets. Great island bar stool and sink counter. The fruit bowl, mugs rack and condiments on the counters and the hanging pans are nice kitchen touches for sims to see when cooking meals. The gym area is great! It is great that sims can choose from the various types of equipment to use to keep fit. Very nice furnishing of and colours that you have used in the bedrooms! The flamingos look cute either side of the cot in the nursery! It looks nice how you have placed the animal pictures on the walls, and the animal pattern on the wall and patterned floor rug looks nice. Very nice playroom! Child sims will have fun playing with the toys there! Nice tv watching area for the kids to enjoy watching tv on the penguin tv! They will enjoy doing artwork on the art table or experimenting on the science table. The yellow colour scheme of one of the double bedrooms looks sunny and nice. Nice study desk area in the room for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer or having a read. It looks great that you have angled the bookcase into the corner and created a book nook. Nice sofa seat sitting area in the bedroom. The pink and black colour scheme of the girls bedroom looks nice. The snowflakes look pretty on the wall above the dresser. The blue and white colour schemes of the other double bedrooms looks nice. Nice study desk areas in each of the bedrooms. The sims who sleep in the red coloured single bedroom will enjoy nice views from the bedroom windows. The pictures in the bedrooms add nice looks to the room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Roxy, this is truly beautiful! Your work is always perfection!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Duskwood is gorgeous , wonderful symmetry with a great layout for easy play. :D
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Pretty house...I love the layout. Using the same tile & hardwood throughout the whole house gives a very realistic feel 2 it. The backyard pool area & lanai look great =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Duskwood looks superb! (*) (*) (*) I love the architecture! Great roof work and I love that grey you have used for the exterior! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. :D
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Duskwood is very gorgeous! :D
    I love your architectural details, very grand! Your use of wall patterns and roofing are very awesome. I also like that traditional feel. Your landscaping is very adorable too! I like your choices and placements of plants (something that I'm not very creative to). I also like your hedging too and very nice backyard area with a pool. And your interior, very fabulous! I like the mixture of traditional and modern furniture in your build.
    If @CountryCutie516 loves it, I love it too! I already added this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @romagi1 Duskwood is amazing, thank you so much!!! I cannot wait to move my sims in and start building there big family! Fantastic job, thank you again.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @romagi1 Duskwood is amazing, thank you so much!!! I cannot wait to move my sims in and start building there big family! Fantastic job, thank you again.

@CountryCutie516, I'm so glad you like it! :D
    follyfoot wrote: »
    Duskwood is gorgeous , wonderful symmetry with a great layout for easy play. :D

Thanks @follyfoot, I like building easy to play homes and when I know it's for a full house I like to make it easy to see everywhere.
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    So pretty, well done :D

@soocoolsim, Thanks so much!
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Pretty house...I love the layout. Using the same tile & hardwood throughout the whole house gives a very realistic feel 2 it. The backyard pool area & lanai look great =)

@Vihisha, Thanks I try for realistic!
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Duskwood looks superb! (*) (*) (*) I love the architecture! Great roof work and I love that grey you have used for the exterior! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. :D

Thanks @yanti68, I have to make myself pick something besides browns and beige's! Can't have my gallery looking all the same color! :p:D
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Duskwood is very gorgeous! :D
    I love your architectural details, very grand! Your use of wall patterns and roofing are very awesome. I also like that traditional feel. Your landscaping is very adorable too! I like your choices and placements of plants (something that I'm not very creative to). I also like your hedging too and very nice backyard area with a pool. And your interior, very fabulous! I like the mixture of traditional and modern furniture in your build.
    If @CountryCutie516 loves it, I love it too! I already added this to my faves. :D

@RyeCris16, Thanks so much! I was hoping I'd picked the right feel for the furniture, the modern vibe eludes me! :D

• Options
    @romagi1 When I place the lot in the game it looks backwards to me, like my sims won't be able to get inside. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @romagi1 When I place the lot in the game it looks backwards to me, like my sims won't be able to get inside. Am I doing something wrong?

@CountryCutie516, I am not sure what is going on. I have taken the one from the Gallery and placed it on 3 different lots and in my game it always places with the front to the road.

With TS4 so new my only suggestions would be to make sure your game has all the updates and have you tried making sure the mailbox on the empty lot you are trying to place it on is facing the front and at the front of the lot.

Also, when I place a lot I always load the lot I'm going to place it on first and then place it.