May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Outdoor Retreat builds here!

Comments

• Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    Okay what do you have to do to post pics. I tried posting 3 pics but got a message saying it needed to be approved. Apparently that is just another way of saying it isn't going to be posted.

I have my pics on photobucket. I start my post, add my comments, grab the img url from the photobucket page and copy it into the space provided when I click on image URL. I go to preview and everything is correct and looks great. But when I try to post my stuff....as I said I get a message about pending approval and nothing happens, nothing gets posted, no approval comes.

Help?

Upload your photos to imgur.com. click copy , paste , and then put the [img][/img] at the front and back of it. See if that works.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    Okay what do you have to do to post pics. I tried posting 3 pics but got a message saying it needed to be approved. Apparently that is just another way of saying it isn't going to be posted.

I have my pics on photobucket. I start my post, add my comments, grab the img url from the photobucket page and copy it into the space provided when I click on image URL. I go to preview and everything is correct and looks great. But when I try to post my stuff....as I said I get a message about pending approval and nothing happens, nothing gets posted, no approval comes.

Help?
    Hello :) Sometimes simmers find it helps if you write some text into the post, then post that. Then come back and edit in your pictures.
    Also you need to press enter after you have copied the img link into the space where the little file picture is.
    I will look forward to seeing your pictures. :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    [img][/img]DxU7wEZ.jpg

4 More pictures you can visit my thread.

Where did you make that.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Okay so this is my take on a bunkhouse lot, and it's a 30X20. It's more civilized than a campsite but less luxurious than one of the cabins. It's spendy at more than 700 simoleons per night, so not for your average family, but great for a corporate retreat, a group of friends, or maybe a lucky scout troop who sold a whole lot of cookies.

The lot consists of two bunkhouses, a game pavilion, and an amenities area. Also included are two fire pits, one for just sitting around chatting and another near the back of the lot for some singing and telling ghost stories. The lot is well treed and well lit.

First bunkhouse has 3 rooms each with 2 single beds. The second bunkhouse also has 3 rooms but only 1 single bed in each. The game pavilion has a card table and chess board with a nearby horseshoe pit.

The amenities area is next to the rear fire pit and has a BBQ and two coolers to feed the group on the nearby picnic tables. Also part of the amenities are onsite toilets and showers. No need to wander to the less than sanitary public washrooms.

My lot is called Bunkhouse 1. You can find it by searching by item name: bunkhouse. Hashtags: #bunkhouse or #rental Or you can search by my Origin Id RyeEncoke. Please note do not select any of the search options such as size, lot type, leave them all at ALL, but DO ensure that both unowned content and custom content are checked.

Here is a pic of the front of the lot
    Yi23PAC.png?1

Here is the back of the lot
    QbYJJT7.png?1

Aerial view with roof
    UsjoaTq.png?1

Aerial view showing interiors
    g385Inp.png?1
  • Options
    WOOT WOOT, thanks all. imgur worked. Now I can post my pics for the room challenge as well. Appreciate everyone's help
  • Options
    Bunkhouse 1 is a great place for sims to enjoy staying at ! @Ashkevron :) The layout of the build is great! It looks great how you have furnished the build both the outdoors and indoors to provide great facilities for the sims who stay there. It looks great how you have two bunkhouses for sims to sleep in, with one bunkhouse containing single beds and the other bunkhouse having double beds. The patterned floor rugs in the bedrooms look nice and suit the type of and location of the build. The exterior of the bunkhouses are nice. Nice sitting areas on the bunkhouse porch decks for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat benches watching what is happening outdoors. Very nice campfire areas! It looks nice how you have placed the blue chairs in a circle around one of the campfires and have placed the log seats angled together on both sides of the other campfire. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors around these campfires chatting, singing, toasting food, and telling stories. It looks nice how you have placed the new trees in the middle area and on the sides of the build. The covered over cooking deck is great! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there or getting items from cooler, and enjoy eating their meals in the outdoors air at the picnic tables. Very nice games building. Sims will have fun playing chess and card games at the tables there, and horseshoes outdoors.
    Your design of the build is great! Sims will enjoy staying there. :)
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    This thread is a great idea rosemow! And thank you for putting up the links making it easier to see the creations! Great lots, they all got "likes" from me!
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    [img][/img]DxU7wEZ.jpg

Where did you make that.

On the bigger lot at the retreat neigborhood
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    [img][/img]DxU7wEZ.jpg

Where did you make that.

On the bigger lot at the retreat neigborhood
    that is very nice. do your sims use it. do other sims use it. Is it up for download. any CC.
    sorry for so many questions, I just like what you did. Nice job.

• Options
    I am posting these pictures for Battyivy21 of her home that she has built.
    Battyivy21 wrote: »
    Here is Tallwood Resort I love the new items. Tallwood has 2 beds and 3 baths. (a lot of pictures)
    [img][/img]16091209357_8cd5a5295f_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16090964119_37ba6870a9_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16276244662_ee57e91e0b_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16089545818_01e81742d1_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16277081405_889743182e_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16089711400_ce829e50b4_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16251146076_98f5dbb51e_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]15654660914_312f299b31_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16089715010_d3c413feab_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy
    [img][/img]
    16275290891_4dec5e43c8_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr
    [img][/img]16275291841_7aa26af9e3_b.jpgTallwood Resort by battyivy, on Flickr

• Options
    SO nice. I love the light coloring of the outside of the building.

Really nicely decorated as well. I envy people who can decorate properly. I tend to forget all the little touches.

question: the rooster picture is that game content or is that custom content?
  • Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member

question: the rooster picture is that game content or is that custom content?

It's in the base game. I know I've seen it before OR.

Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    Are any of these home on the gallery? I don't have Outdoor Retreat, but these are GORGEOUS! Especially the "Tall Wood" home. Can I actually play that home without Outdoor Retreat or are these just "vacation homes"?
  • Options
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    Are any of these home on the gallery? I don't have Outdoor Retreat, but these are GORGEOUS! Especially the "Tall Wood" home. Can I actually play that home without Outdoor Retreat or are these just "vacation homes"?

Hello :) The homes are on the Gallery, but they use many items from Outdoor Retreat so when you download them they would not have the items in them. They would look differently.

• Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    This is my Honeymoon Cabin. I am still working on finishing touches so it's not on the Gallery yet. It's made for two but would easily accommodate four Sims, just bring an air mattress! I don't usually use pools on my home lots, so I feel it's special for my Sims to have access to a pool while vacationing. I also hate landscaping, so I am still trying to fill in the yard. I'll add more pictures of the bedroom as I get it done.

Outside views:
    wtKoml9.png

oR0duqv.png

VsgxWzs.png

Downstairs inside:
    u9DW9eO.png

xZrgB8G.png

ri1UW63.png

Lb30SWH.png

cn7M5td.png

s4svlCp.png

Upstairs bathroom:
    76BIVJ0.png

CJAy81G.png

U5SjnV2.png
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    Your Honeymoon Cabin is very nice! @SimHead82 :) The exterior design of the cabin is very nice! Nice covered over front porch. Sims will have fun playing games on the card table in the outdoors air. The texture of the exterior is great, and it looks nice how you have placed left and right shutter windows on the front roof exterior. Very nice back porch and back outdoors pool area. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool on their vacation. Nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting on the chairs around the campfire chatting and toasting food. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq on the back porch and eating their meals at the table, enjoying the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice textures of the interior walls. The brown and green colour scheme of the home looks nice and suits Granite Falls. The living room area is nice. It looks nice how you have placed and angled the armchairs either sides of the fireplace and the sofa facing the fireplace. Sims will enjoy sitting there warming up by the fire and having a chat or a read of a book. The bookcase corner nook is great! The coat shelf on the pillar wall is a nice home touch there. The brickwork texture of the fireplace wall is nice. The yellow flowers looks nice with the colour scheme of the room, adding a nice touch of yellow to the area, and both the flowers and heart decor on the wall are nice for sims to see when sitting there. Sims will enjoy either playing the guitar in their home or enjoy listening to the music being played whilst sitting there. It looks nice that you have placed windows and blinds either side of the fireplace. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The green wall tiling looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets on the kitchen wall. The fruit pictures and knife set on the wall, and the condiments on the counter are nice kitchen touches in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting at the round table there eating their meals. Nice staircase nook study desk area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using a computer or reading a book. The pictures look nice placed on the study nook wall. Nice upstairs bathroom.
    The cabin is very nice :)
  • Options
    AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    These are all gorgeous! Makes me all itchy to buy the expansion rather than doing the grown up thing and waiting until payday.
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • Options
    evernight195evernight195 Posts: 88 Member
    On the Gallery!
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/0FE11E5F9D2111E488F499110383AF84?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=nocc&max=25

The Sim i created for this house!
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/FD6239AD9D2311E48C3799110383AF84?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=nocc&max=25

This one bedroom one bathroom tree-house includes a outdoor terrace and second story pool. The pics on the gallery really don't do it justice because of the trees!
    Y66JuZk.png
    YgKKc9y.png
    InD0axO.png
    hqe2w0t.png
    Uw0DGE7.png
    O6OCIKa.png
    neRm5xU.png
    202lThJ.png
    m4pqdQ5.png
    11qh6BQ.png
    fvZ0fZR.png
  • Options
    House of Trees is very nice! @evernight195 :) The design of the home as a treehouse is very nice! It looks nice how you have done the stairs leading up to the front door entry of the house, and that you have a tree within the home. It looks very nice how you have placed the trees, flowers and plants through the build! The type and placement of the windows looks nice. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst indoors. Nice pond area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the picnic table eating meals outdoors in the air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice corner living room tv watching area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa or armchair there watching a tv program and enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows. Nice window art nook area for sims to enjoy looking outside at the Granite Falls landscape whilst painting on the easel. The study desk alcove is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer. The branch themed bed looks nice in the bedroom, and the painting on the bedhead wall is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The folded clothes and the clock on the dresser are nice home touches there. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The wall tiling and the way you have placed the kitchen cabinets looks nice. It is a nice light filled area for sims to enjoy cooking and dining and have the sunshine coming through the windows. The texture of the flooring through the home is nice. The flowers either side of the bath tub are nice for sims to see when bathing there and the hanging bath robe is a nice touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy swimming in the second floor pool.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Wow - everything is very nice. Lol. Everyone drunk on sugar here or what?
  • Options
    trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    Hi,
    So many lovely cabins! <3
    This is my log cabin! :) origin-id: Sekyria

YwKyF3R.png
    Yin6SXf.png
    6D9Ct14.png

More pictures:
    imgur.com/a/VZjK0#6
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    That cabin is absolutely gorgeous @trashdocka‌. I am pretty hopeless as a builder, so I have to ask how did you get the cabin to be amongst the rocks like that. Were those rocks already in game?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    @joleaco‌

Thank you!
    I have seen others doing this, so u build "terrain" with rooms and use move objects on and shift + ] to scale and move the rocks in to the walls. :) The rocks are in the basegame. Hope this answers your question.