Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Outdoor Retreat builds here!

Comments

• Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I am really hoping for a bunch of camping builds. I really would like all 5 of the rental lots to be camping lots.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited January 2015
    Alpine Peace Lodge is very nice! @Dragon12361 :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! The upper balconies are great, and nice colour and texture of the exterior of the home. The wall lights look very nice how you have placed them on the exterior. Very nice front area of the home! The water fountain, trees and rocks features either side of the front area look very nice! Nice back outdoors area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and siiting eating their meals there in the outdoors air. Nice back porch for sims to enjoy sitting on the log seats, enjoying being outdoors. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The layout of the home is very nice! The wooden flooring looks nice. Very nice corner book nooks for sims to enjoy sitting on the seats there reading a book from the bookcases. The new floor mat near the front door is nice for sims to see when entering the home. Very nice living room tv watching area. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there, for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching tv and warming up beside the fire. The stonework texture of the fireplace wall looks nice, and it looks nice how you have placed plants either side of the fireplace for sims to see when sitting there. Great study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at reading or using a computer. The gnome there is cute! Sims will have fun playing the guitar near the window and looking out at the views. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the curved island bar stool counter is great! The stonework texture of the stove wall looks nice. Nice dining area. The new dining seats look great! The condiments on the table and the fruit picture are nice touches there. Very nice bedrooms! The texture of the walls looks nice. The hearts decor on the wall in the double beds room look nice there, and the yellow of the flowers in the wall picture looks nice with the brown colour of the walls. It looks great that you have placed the picnic basket in the corner of the room. Nice placement of the beds in the single beds room. The tree print looks very nice on the wall and suits Granite Falls. The new type of showers in the bathroom look great!
    It is a very nice build for Granite Falls! :)
    Thankyou for sharing it with us :)
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Here's my Outdoor Retreat vacation home :)

tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

It's a lot smaller on the inside than it looks. It could fit a family of 4. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and... a SAUNA! Or, well... it's supposed to be a sauna, but I guess you could also just roast marshmallows on the fire, right? With the whole cabin-esque feel of the game pack, I wanted to simulate one of those saunas with hot rocks on which you pour water and then steam comes off.

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7F7AA55A9B7C11E483C8678A1E446071
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    The campfire inside a building works? Interesting.
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Yes, the campfire works :D Not sure if it was their intention to make in work indoors though :p
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Outdoor Treat is a very nice vacation home for Granite Falls! @CerryDD :) The roofing is great! Nice wooden texture of the exterior of the home. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! The lights look nice that you have placed them in the top nook areas of the roofing. Very nice front patio areas! Sims will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the table there., enjoying the surrounding views. The hearts decor on the wall beside the front door is nice for sims to see as they are about to enter the home. The separate campfire/sauna building is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there around the campfire toasting food. The log seats look great how you have placed them around the campfire and the tree print looks great on the wall there. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes in the backyard area. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! The flowers on the coffee table are nice for sims to see whilist enjoying sitting there on the armchairs and sofa watching tv, and warming up near the fire. It looks great how you have created the tv and fireplace alcove. Nice sofa seat sitting area in the master bedroom. It looks nice how you have placed a stool seat at the foot of the bed. It looks nice how you have placed the white counters in the kitchen. The bar stool counter is great.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Cerrydd, your cabin is charming! I love everything about it from the angled firepit/sauna room, to the woodsy bathroom to the latticework base around the outside. I would like to stay there. Looks inviting! Lovely job! :)

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    [img][/img]DxU7wEZ.jpg

4 More pictures you can visit my thread.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Here's my Outdoor Retreat vacation home :)

tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni52hzV5Ek1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

It's a lot smaller on the inside than it looks. It could fit a family of 4. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and... a SAUNA! Or, well... it's supposed to be a sauna, but I guess you could also just roast marshmallows on the fire, right? With the whole cabin-esque feel of the game pack, I wanted to simulate one of those saunas with hot rocks on which you pour water and then steam comes off.

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7F7AA55A9B7C11E483C8678A1E446071

Me likes.

• Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Everyone's creations are amazing :D
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    The big fancy houses are great but I would really love to see some small cabins with woodsy lots. When I think of outdoor retreat I think of little wooden cabins and lots of outdoor activities.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    These are all awesome. Great work!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    The big fancy houses are great but I would really love to see some small cabins with woodsy lots. When I think of outdoor retreat I think of little wooden cabins and lots of outdoor activities.

Check out my Cabin here http://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=knazzer&sortby=newest&max=25 All the lights should be set to orange to for that extra cosy feel :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I'm going to download some of these for Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    [img][/img]WVrj6le.jpg

Make a quick pit stop here for supplies on your way to the camp site..while u r here u might as well have a cold one at the bar lol
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2015
    Just bulldozed one of the bigger lots and made a wee cabin.

Front
    01-14-15_12-00nbspPM_zps58615d0d.png

Back
    01-14-15_12-01nbspPM-2_zps82c650bd.png

Cozy livingroom
    01-14-15_12-02nbspPM-2_zpsaaf03798.png

Overall layout
    01-14-15_12-03nbspPM_zps2eefd588.png
  • Options
    Bear Wood Camp Site is very nice @ReneVeronicaZlta ! :) The design and layout of the build is so very nice! It looks great how you have done the different areas of the build! The enlarged gnome at the entrance to the campsite looks great ! Very nice playground area in the middle area of the campsite. The large jackalope looks great there! It looks great how you have placed the picnic tables around the edges of the jackalope. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship or monkey bars. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes. It looks great that you have placed a number of tents in the campsite. The enlarged vehicles through the build look great! Very nice pond and river areas! It looks nice how you have placed the plants and trees around the edges of the pond and along the sides of the river.The way you have placed the plants and trees through the campsite looks very nice! Very nice cabin buidings for sims to enjoy staying at. Nice sitting and dining area outside one of the cabins for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating their meals on the green seats there in the sunshine. Nice front porches in the cabins for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors watching all that is happening outside. Very nice circle sitting areas near the tents for sims to enjoy resting and having a chat together. Very nice furnishing of the campsite with new Outdoors retreat items. The build is great! :)
  • Options
    Gnomy Bear Store is very nice @ReneVeronicaZlta ! :) The exterior design of the building is great! Nice texture of the exterior. The enlarged gnome is great for sims to enjoy seeing when they come to visit the store! It looks nice how you have done the front steps up to the upper balcony area. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors when sitting on the upper balcony picnic tables.The cartons are a nice touch outside the front of the store. The enlarged vehicles there look great! They look like sims have stopped in for supplies. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the store! Nice clothing and shoes racks alcove nook. The forest floor rugs look great on the ground. Sims will enjoy sitting on the bar stools having a drink from the bar and watching tv whilst sitting there. The menu board looks great on the wall. It looks nice how you have placed the row of lamps on the shelf, and the various items on the tables along the wall are nice for sims to see whilst sitting at the table having a drink and a chat. The condiments is a nice dining touch on the table top. Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk using the computer.
    It is a great store to visit, and enjoy having a drink too. :)
  • Options
    Outdoor Retreat Romantic is a very nice home! @knazzer :) Very nice exterior of the home! The roofing and the texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the awnings over the front door and have placed pegs on the exterior of the home. It looks very nice that you have placed the hearts wall decor on the exterior for sims to like seeing when coming to the home. The flowers look so very pretty how you have placed them along the edges of the footpath! Very nice flowers nook alcove in the front of the home. The red flowers box window looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat or trunk there enjoying the nice floral surroundings. The flower cart is a nice touch there for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas having a read of a book, or enjoy sitting at the study desk table using a computer. The candles and eggs basket on the coffee table are nice homely touches there. The fish bowl on the table beside the study desk and the scenic picture on the wall are nice and restful for sims to see whilst sitting at the table. Very nice layout of the interior of the home.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thankyou very much for sharing your home here :)
  • Options
    Your cabin home is very nice! @fullspiral :) The cabiny texture of the exterior of the home looks nice, and it is a nice touch that you have placed the hearts decor on the front roof exterior of the home. The type of windows that you have used in the build look nice. Very nice front porch. It looks nice how you have placed the blossoms plants either side of the front door for sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice back area of the home. Sims will enjoy painting in the outdoors air on the easel on the back porch, whilst enjoying listening to music from the music player. The stonework texture of the foundations looks nice. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill and eating their meals in the subshine or in the evening air at the picnic table there. They will have fun sitting chatting together on the other outdoors seats too. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The flooring texture looks nice. Very nice warm looking living room. The sims will enjoy sitting in front of the fire warming up. The pictures on the wall, the type of fireplace and the floor rug add to the nice forest cabin theme of the home. The new coffee table looks great there. Sims will have fun playing games on the card table.
    Thankyou for sharing pictures of your cabin home with us :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Thanks Rosemow :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i just started one but unlike my past builds i'm going to take my time with this one.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Okay what do you have to do to post pics. I tried posting 3 pics but got a message saying it needed to be approved. Apparently that is just another way of saying it isn't going to be posted.

I have my pics on photobucket. I start my post, add my comments, grab the img url from the photobucket page and copy it into the space provided when I click on image URL. I go to preview and everything is correct and looks great. But when I try to post my stuff....as I said I get a message about pending approval and nothing happens, nothing gets posted, no approval comes.

Help?

edit: Okay gonna try again, just got some help from someone, unfortunately can't delete this post so will make a new post and try it out.