Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims are showering with their clothes on??

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    There seems to be some CC that is a bit... broken. I noticed when I snagged the Steampunk top. My sims weren't even wearing it, but, any time they got naked, they'd be wearing the top. Had to remove it and everything went back to normal.

I had another dress that did that, too, but, in the CAS, so, again- removed it and the problem fixed itself.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    There was a hairstyle for men that completely broke my game....can't for the life of me remember what it was called but again, it was from a site other than mts or tsr so I should have known better.
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    It's all fixed now I was being such a pleb and realised I accidentally put a Sims 3 package file in with the mods and it spazzed out.

All the CC is back in and working fine but I had to delete the resource.cfg file in order for the items to show up.

Not sure if the showering with clothes on is fixed yet but I'll see in a bit

Cheers guys :smile:
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Let us know if the showering thing is fixed for you and if so what all you did to fix it.
  • Options
    SilkSilk Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this problem. I have just fixed it (with a little help from ModtheSims - well, all the help)

The game has a few 'hidden' outfits. One of them is bathing. I had CC that was flagged for bathing (why you do this CC makers?). This had overwritten the bathing outfit.

So first I found the offending CC and removed it (a few tears were shed as some of my favourite pieces were no more).

Then I went to ModtheSims and downloaded the OutfitCopy mod by Scumbumbo. Here is the link

(I have not been around long enough to give you a direct link so you will have to add the http part yourselves)
    //modthesims.info/d/541770

You just put this in your mods folder. DO NOT UNZIP.

Then enter the game, go to options>game options>other and click Script Mods.

Back in game, take the offending sim to the dresser and make a new outfit (I used everyday 5) and make them nude. You will need nude clothing cc. (I am not going to link this for you. I don't know what the rules about nudity are, but I am fairly sure that there are some. You will have to find it yourself). On a side note, since you are making the bathing outfit here, you get to add those nice earings you like and nail polish and .... :smile: stuff.

Now take your sim to the shower. (I am not sure why, or if this is really necessary, but there was mention of it in some post I read, so I just did it)

When they get out type this -

[shift][ctrl] c
    outfit.copy e 5 b 1

This means copy the outfit from everyday 5 to bathing 1.

The game should say that it has copied the outfit.

Now go take a shower and you should do it in your new bathing outfit. You will want to go back to the dresser and delete/change your everyday 5 outfit or your sim may find herself in some embarassing situations.

Hope this works for you too.

Ty Scumbumbo and ModtheSims. It worked exactly as you said it would.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Because there is no washing machine. Clearly.
  • Options
    woodenbear50woodenbear50 Posts: 38 Member
    I just went content hunting to see i I could find CC that was causing Sims to shower with clothes on. Well after long hours and a seemingly endless search I decided to take my mods folder out and empty my "cache files" and delete my "localthumbscache". I ran the Sims 4 in virgin status and low and behold the Sims are still showering with clothes on. So I tried removing all the files from Mydocuments and started up Sims 4 to generate new folder and files same thing so it would seem this is a EA issue or an attempt to stop nudity in the game which you cannot see anyway because of the pixel barrier. I am a bit frustrated that I paid good money for the Sims 4 and expansions and this happens. Please EA I have been a Sims fan since Sims 1 and would like a fix for this please....
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited June 2015
    cc. or mod or some sims which are made using with CC cause those issues like when i had that issue first i did was removing all cc clohtes and still had that issue and when i removed recently d/l sims made with cc i could solve that problem.
  • Options
    s1mszzang, I thought what you suggested was a pretty good Idea that it could be a Sims so I removed the Tray folder and the mods again and deleted all files in the Sims 4 mydocuments folder. Created a clean no cc Sims and played her at the gym the Sims were showering nude at first then slowly they started coming back first with underwear (at least that is what I think it was censor), then they started coming in the shower with jeans, formals and it got worse and worse so I really think this is an EA bug?
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Maybe they are shy?
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    s1mszzang you were absolutely right it was not an EA bug after all "sorry EA". It was once again CC I downloaded. I wish people would check (including myself) would check their CC before posting.
  • Options
    > @woodenbear50 said:
    > s1mszzang you were absolutely right it was not an EA bug after all "sorry EA". It was once again CC I downloaded. I wish people would check (including myself) would check their CC before posting.

Thank you
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2015
    Well this has already been necro'd but... that would leave for some nice imagery... Travis Scott in the shower with his shirt on... then comes out. Ooh Mr Darcey!
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KnifkeyKnifkey Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Silk said:
    > I had this problem. I have just fixed it (with a little help from ModtheSims - well, all the help)
    >
    > The game has a few 'hidden' outfits. One of them is bathing. I had CC that was flagged for bathing (why you do this CC makers?). This had overwritten the bathing outfit.
    >
    > So first I found the offending CC and removed it (a few tears were shed as some of my favourite pieces were no more).
    >
    > Then I went to ModtheSims and downloaded the OutfitCopy mod by Scumbumbo. Here is the link
    >
    > (I have not been around long enough to give you a direct link so you will have to add the http part yourselves)
    > //modthesims.info/d/541770
    >
    > You just put this in your mods folder. DO NOT UNZIP.
    >
    > Then enter the game, go to options>game options>other and click Script Mods.
    >
    > Back in game, take the offending sim to the dresser and make a new outfit (I used everyday 5) and make them nude. You will need nude clothing cc. (I am not going to link this for you. I don't know what the rules about nudity are, but I am fairly sure that there are some. You will have to find it yourself). On a side note, since you are making the bathing outfit here, you get to add those nice earings you like and nail polish and .... :smile: stuff.
    >
    > Now take your sim to the shower. (I am not sure why, or if this is really necessary, but there was mention of it in some post I read, so I just did it)
    >
    > When they get out type this -
    >
    > [shift][ctrl] c
    > outfit.copy e 5 b 1
    >
    > This means copy the outfit from everyday 5 to bathing 1.
    >
    > The game should say that it has copied the outfit.
    >
    > Now go take a shower and you should do it in your new bathing outfit. You will want to go back to the dresser and delete/change your everyday 5 outfit or your sim may find herself in some embarassing situations.
    >
    > Hope this works for you too.
    >
    > Ty Scumbumbo and ModtheSims. It worked exactly as you said it would.

i can't change costume bath

[shift][ctrl] c
    outfit.copy e 5 b 1

it's not responding
  • Options
    AdeleynaAdeleyna Posts: 37 Member
    Sigh. I've removed many CCs and still get this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 problem :(
  • Options
    anidupanidup Posts: 9 New Member
    I have a few different families saved as different games. I also have quite a number of cc and a few mods.
    I have not tried any of the fixes above, but among all my families, I only have one guy who never gets out of his clothes. He does everything with it on!! When I want him to change I have to instruct him to do so. But, he never learns LOL, he is still wearing the same clothes.
    None of my other simmies display this behavior.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    anidup wrote: »
    I have a few different families saved as different games. I also have quite a number of cc and a few mods.
    I have not tried any of the fixes above, but among all my families, I only have one guy who never gets out of his clothes. He does everything with it on!! When I want him to change I have to instruct him to do so. But, he never learns LOL, he is still wearing the same clothes.

Sounds like broken CC to me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    anidup wrote: »
    Some clothing have tags like "everyday, party" but they also have a "nu-de" tag, which means they use that piece of clothing while showering or taking a bath, either update the content itself or let the creator now that you're cc is broken :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SoJayTaySoJayTay Posts: 2 New Member
    >
    > i can't change costume bath
    >
    > [shift][ctrl] c
    > outfit.copy e 5 b 1
    >
    > it's not responding
    >

That's because the mod is outdated and doesn't work anymore.
  • Options
    VaharVahar Posts: 59 Member
    I removed the entire Mods folder elsewhere on my computer..It reverted to a bathing top that comes with the game. Then I tried a mode to elevate this exact issue...still didn't work...it has to be a game issue
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I had this glitch when I tweaked some options pertaining to the MC Woohoo mod. So if you have this mod, that's worth looking into.
  • Options
    chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    > @Vahar said:
    > I removed the entire Mods folder elsewhere on my computer..It reverted to a bathing top that comes with the game. Then I tried a mode to elevate this exact issue...still didn't work...it has to be a game issue

Yep, same here. With mine, 'some' actually don't shower with clothes on but most do. I've tried everything as well. :/
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    This is an old bug. Are you playing with premade sims? I found sims I made from scratch had less shower related glitches.
  • Options
    VaharVahar Posts: 59 Member
    So, this morning I created a new Sim using NO CC at all...took her a house and bathed nude ...no issues. Went back into case and assigned her wardrobe using "only" CC including make up and then took her back to the house and she showered nude. So there we have it. To solve the issue if your having it, create your Sims with no CC then you go back and add what CC to the Sim you want