Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scariest Moments...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Scary moment: Got in a car accident while going to school in 2002. I came out unharmed but the driver need a jaw of life to get him out. I did not go to school that day.<br />
    <br />
    Sad moment: When my young brother die in a car accident in 2010. I had a dream of him drifting away. I got the call next day after my boyfriend's birthday.

Sorry you had that terrible experience in the car accident. May your brother be at peace, my sympathies.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    That's the thing about life, it's surprising. Sometimes the surprises are good but other times they can be really bad. The week my grampy died my mum and dad went to see him on Sunday and he was absolutely fine but on Tuesday they got a call and the entire family went in to see him. They stayed there all day until 6'20 PM where he died. It was surprising because no one thought he was going to die.

That's sad, I'm sorry for your grandpa.
    My sons grandmother had an operation in May and she was able to have visitors on Mothers Day.
    That night (Sunday) she went down hill and by Thursday she was gone. She died in May and this will be our
    first Christmas without her. :(:'(

• Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @mlnov39:

I'm sorry about your sons grandmother going down hill like that, it sounds so much like my grampy. May she rest in peace and may you find the strength to carry on :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Deshong04 I am sorry to hear of the passing away of your mother. It was a special and calming experience for you to see the white light and butterfly after the passing away of your mother. It would have been a comfort for you, and it is an memory that you can keep in your mind when you think of her.

Hello @Naydi I am sorry to hear about the passing away of your first child. It would have been a heart breaking and sad time for you. Sending special thoughts to you.

Hello @friendlyone20. I am sorry to hear about what you experienced in your life as you have been growing up. I am glad to hear that life is going good for you now and that you have graduated from college. May your future hold many nice times.

Hello @jbreland1230 I am sorry that you suffer from IBD. I hope that you can find ways to ease the pain.

Hello @Heartfeltpeach. I hope that your surgery in the New Year goes well. I hope that the preparations for your surgery goes good and that on the day you can feel calm. Thinking of you as you prepare for it.

Hello @nightflower284 I am sorry to hear about the passing away of your brother in the car accident. It would have been a very sad and hard time for you and your family. He will be a part of your thoughts always.

Hello @minov39 I am sorry to hear about the passing away of your son's grandmother. It will be a sad time for your family at this first Christmas without her. Thinking of you and your family at this Christmastime.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am sorry to hear about the sudden worsening of the health of your grandfather and his death @MiffoShort. It would have been a sad time for your family.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2014
    A couple of years ago I began training (wrestling).
    I was learning to do a Japanese arm drag and the girl just threw me without giving me a moment. I landed in a Z shape; my head being at the bottom.
    I felt my neck crunch and my back pop, but bizarrely my brain went "walk it off. You can't feel your arms, legs or face but walk it off". The girl could have broken my neck; but I was fine just compressed my neck and spine.

Scared me out of training again until recently.
    Post edited by KoumoriDiru on
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Hello @KoumoriDiru It would have given you quite a shock and scare when you landed in a position with your head on the floor. I am glad that your neck wasn't broken. The incident would have shaken you up very much. It would have not been very nice to hear your neck crunch and back pop.
    It is good that you have started training again.
  • Options
    A couple of years ago I began training (wrestling).
    I was learning to do a Japanese arm drag and the girl just threw me without giving me a moment. I landed in a Z shape; my head being at the bottom.
    I felt my neck crunch and my back pop, but bizarrely my brain went "walk it off. You can't feel your arms, legs or face but walk it off". The girl could have broken my neck; but I was fine just compressed my neck and spine.

Scared me out of training again until recently.

Sounds like you got lucky and the injury wasn't really damaging. Good luck with your future career.

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tornado. Destroyed our town.

tornado.jpg

I was 8 years old and I wasn't at home at the time, I was at a birthday party with class mates. People were come to collect their children; my people didn't come. I was more scared after the tornadoes had gone then I was during the tornadoes. I overheard the National Guard tell one of the adults that my street was gone. It was mind-numbing for an 8 year old. Although we were scattered across the city, my family was fine. Our home was damaged, but far from gone. People should be more careful what they say around children.
  • Options
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

tornado.jpg

I was 8 years old and I wasn't at home at the time, I was at a birthday party with class mates. People were come to collect their children; my people didn't come. I was more scared after the tornadoes had gone then I was during the tornadoes. I overheard the National Guard tell one of the adults that my street was gone. It was mind-numbing for an 8 year old. Although we were scattered across the city, my family was fine. Our home was damaged, but far from gone. People should be more careful what they say around children.

It would have been such a scary time for you! @Shadoza2 . It would have been especially hard for you with you being a young child and seeing all that was going on around you. I am glad that your family was safe. I am sorry that your home was damaged but glad that it could be repaired.
    Tornadoes are very scary weather conditions.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Getting hit by a car. I was okay, I stupidly walked away to people watching me looking horrified (I didn't end up needing medical attention at all, but looking back I was an idiot for assuming I feel okay means I am okay. I did suffer very minor injuries that I felt as the shock wore off, they could have been worse). Those few seconds I had before I got hit though where I knew it would happen and I couldn't stop were horrifying, I imagine it being a heck of a lot worse. I was shaken up for a good hour or two after until I met my friend and had him to distract me and calm me down.

And when my parents got in an accident back in August. I should have been there, I was a bit sick, just for a couple hours in the morning enough to say "I'm not going", I'm so insanely lucky as they got hit rear passengers side where I would have been. My parents came home, it was about the same time my mom was supposed to start work for the day so I was like Why are they both home?. They asked me to meet them at the door which really worried me as they sounded upset and even when they break bad news to me they just come find me so I had a really bad feeling. They had to tell me, then proceed to hug me and go on about how relieved they were that I wasn't there. Everybody was okay-ish, nothing more than whiplash, but it was still pretty upsetting and terrifying even to me who wasn't there. I did see the pictures (I got to see the car up close at the impound lot too), that will never leave me, it was not pretty. I think I was just scared over all the what if's, you know what if I'd been there, what if they'd been hit a few feet forward, what if this, what if that. I have a very active imagination and that had it going like crazy.
  • Options

tornado.jpg

Jeez, that would be terrifying indeed. Natural disasters are horrifying and to think your loved ones could have been caught in it would have been upsetting in deed. Glad your family was okay though. Yeah, that might not have been the best way to put things in the presence of children, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, it would be upsetting to a child though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @dreamerz13:

I'm so sorry that you were unlucky enough to get hit by a car, but thank goodness nothing serious happened to you afterwards. And just thank god that your mum and dad were ok! I know what you must be thinking, imagine if I had been there? Should I have been there? but that is in the past and you can't keep looking back to what happened, otherwise you'll just feel guilty for what happened and there is no way that it was your fault, whether you were in the car or not!
    I felt similar ways when my grampy died and four years on I am still feeling guilty, don't do the same as me, you'll suffer!

Just thank god your alive and safe now, and so are your parent's! Best wishes for the future :)
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Getting hit by a car. I was okay, I stupidly walked away to people watching me looking horrified (I didn't end up needing medical attention at all, but looking back I was an idiot for assuming I feel okay means I am okay. I did suffer very minor injuries that I felt as the shock wore off, they could have been worse). Those few seconds I had before I got hit though where I knew it would happen and I couldn't stop were horrifying, I imagine it being a heck of a lot worse. I was shaken up for a good hour or two after until I met my friend and had him to distract me and calm me down.

And when my parents got in an accident back in August. I should have been there, I was a bit sick, just for a couple hours in the morning enough to say "I'm not going", I'm so insanely lucky as they got hit rear passengers side where I would have been. My parents came home, it was about the same time my mom was supposed to start work for the day so I was like Why are they both home?. They asked me to meet them at the door which really worried me as they sounded upset and even when they break bad news to me they just come find me so I had a really bad feeling. They had to tell me, then proceed to hug me and go on about how relieved they were that I wasn't there. Everybody was okay-ish, nothing more than whiplash, but it was still pretty upsetting and terrifying even to me who wasn't there. I did see the pictures (I got to see the car up close at the impound lot too), that will never leave me, it was not pretty. I think I was just scared over all the what if's, you know what if I'd been there, what if they'd been hit a few feet forward, what if this, what if that. I have a very active imagination and that had it going like crazy.

I am sorry to hear about you being hit by a car @dreamerz13 . It would have left you feeling quite shaken. I am glad that you weren't injured through the accident, although you would have suffered the shock and trauma after the accident which leaves you not feeling too good. It is not nice when you can see what is happening and you can't stop it.
    I am also sorry to hear about your parent's accident. It was a relief that you weren't in the car. I am glad that though shaken, your parents were okay. I can understand that you would be thinking about the what ifs. It would have been a very scary and upsetting experience for your parents, and for yourself as you thought about the accident and what could have happened, and also seeing the damaged car.
  • Options
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    @dreamerz13:

I'm so sorry that you were unlucky enough to get hit by a car, but thank goodness nothing serious happened to you afterwards. And just thank god that your mum and dad were ok! I know what you must be thinking, imagine if I had been there? Should I have been there? but that is in the past and you can't keep looking back to what happened, otherwise you'll just feel guilty for what happened and there is no way that it was your fault, whether you were in the car or not!
    I felt similar ways when my grampy died and four years on I am still feeling guilty, don't do the same as me, you'll suffer!

Just thank god your alive and safe now, and so are your parent's! Best wishes for the future :)

I have had pondered in the what ifs about if things had been different if it wouldn't have happened. I do try not to dwell on it though, mostly I just count my blessings for not being there and for my parents being okay and leave it at that. I also have the belief that everything happens for a reason; we may never know the reason, we may not like it, or it may be seemingly pointless but everything happens for a reason. That gets me through a lot, I use it to believe that maybe whatever happened the reason was to prevent something worse, even something like an accident that was bad anyway I like to believe it could have happened the way it did so that there wasn't an even worse one.

I'm sorry you've have such a hard time with your grandpa's death and the feeling of guilt. It's awful to be left with guilt after somebody dies, I've been there, not to the same extent but I've dealt with it and it's rough. It's silly, you can't control things, but it's hard to shake that feeling when it wants to set in no matter how unjustified it is. I'm sure your grampy would be very touched to know that you cared so much for him to feel guilt after his passing and that he would know he was loved and you would have done what you could have, and for that there's nothing to feel guilt over because if he could be here now he'd feel loved and proud to have somebody in his life who cared so much.
    rosemow wrote: »

I am sorry to hear about you being hit by a car @dreamerz13 . It would have left you feeling quite shaken. I am glad that you weren't injured through the accident, although you would have suffered the shock and trauma after the accident which leaves you not feeling too good. It is not nice when you can see what is happening and you can't stop it.
    I am also sorry to hear about your parent's accident. It was a relief that you weren't in the car. I am glad that though shaken, your parents were okay. I can understand that you would be thinking about the what ifs. It would have been a very scary and upsetting experience for your parents, and for yourself as you thought about the accident and what could have happened, and also seeing the damaged car.

Thank-you for your kind comments. It was all tough at the time, but I just count my blessings that it wasn't worse and try not to dwell on any of it.
  • Options
    @dreamerz13:

I'm glad your bearing up now though, we both are. I agree with you though, guilt is a terrible thing and has stuck with me like glue. No matter what my mum and dad tell me I still feel guilty, hopefully one day it'll pass. I hope your ok now :)
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member

tornado.jpg

Jeez, that would be terrifying indeed. Natural disasters are horrifying and to think your loved ones could have been caught in it would have been upsetting in deed. Glad your family was okay though. Yeah, that might not have been the best way to put things in the presence of children, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, it would be upsetting to a child though.

The National Guard were taking children home because the roads were closed around where the party was. All the other children had gone home already, I was the only one left. Three tornados hit our town that day at one time. We saw one of them from the backdoor. I have been through many tornados since then and they do not scare me so much. As an adult, I worry most about the cost of the damage and loss of property. As a child, tornados were the scariest things on earth.