Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Originalsim's TS4 Creations - The Old Train Depot, pg3 (residential lot)

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Artist's cottage is adorable! I love the architecture! That roof and the garden looks so pretty! Love the exposed stone walls inside! Love that kitchen! :D
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for all the comments. I have two new lots I'm sharing today.

The first is Envy of the Neighborhood
    Origin ID: OR1G1NALS1M
    #originalsim
    #NoCC
    #traditional

This is a 2 bedroom, 1and a half bath home with ample yard space and all upgrades done.

09-22-14_6-32nbspAM_zpsba8fb1c7.png

09-22-14_6-10nbspAM_zps04f32488.png

09-22-14_6-12nbspAM-3_zps7af083d9.png

09-22-14_6-12nbspAM-3_zps7af083d9.png

09-22-14_6-14nbspAM_zpsa6bbed9a.png

09-22-14_8-52nbspAM_zpsaab15314.png

09-22-14_6-17nbspAM_zps361be0fe.png

Slideshow

Post edited by originalsim on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The Second lot:

House on the End
    #originalsim
    #NoCC
    #modern

A modern bachelor pad:

09-22-14_8-47nbspAM_zpsd09a3a2d.png

09-22-14_8-43nbspAM_zps94cbb7af.png

09-22-14_8-43nbspAM-2_zps772edefa.png

th_09-22-14_8-37nbspAM-2_zps10f18e23.png

09-22-14_8-37nbspAM_zpsc52a48d9.png

09-22-14_8-39nbspAM-3_zps67121f5a.png

09-22-14_8-39nbspAM_zpsaa2400b6.png

09-22-14_8-38nbspAM_zps429c2174.png

09-22-14_8-41nbspAM_zps4dcb6dd4.png
    Post edited by originalsim on
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    All of these builds are fantastic! I absolutely LOVE the roofing over the front door on Envy of the Neighborhood. I tried to do that on my last house, but couldn't figure out how to extend the overhang on just one side -- it extended symmetrically on both sides, so I gave up and just had a typical overhang length. I also love the kitchen and the color scheme in the living room. What a beautiful house! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    ahholladay wrote: »
    All of these builds are fantastic! I absolutely LOVE the roofing over the front door on Envy of the Neighborhood. I tried to do that on my last house, but couldn't figure out how to extend the overhang on just one side -- it extended symmetrically on both sides, so I gave up and just had a typical overhang length. I also love the kitchen and the color scheme in the living room. What a beautiful house! :)

Thank you.
    I don't think there is any way to adjust the eve length on just one side - which really does stink. That front swoop is all one roof simply pulled over the porch area, and set to it's lowest height. I think it was 4x11 or something like that.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nice! Love the artist cottage!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Nice! Love the artist cottage!

So far, it's my favorite too! Thanks.
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    Great new builds! <3 them both.
  • Options
    AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    You have built some beautiful lots, I like them all. :)
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    2 lovely builds! I like the roof in both the builds! Love each and every room inside. :D
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    OS my dear I see your amazing talent has came right on over to The Sims 4 sweetie!!! All your creations are beautiful dear!!!
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Really love your builds - all of them are drop-dead gorgeous. You do such a great job with interiors, too. I think the Artist's Cottage is my favorite, but they're all fantastic.
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Envy of the Neighbourhood and The House on the End are both very nice homes! :) Very nice exteriors of them! The roofing on them is very nice! Great sitting area under the roof part on the front porch of the first house! Sims will enjoy sitting there, watching the other sims pass by the home. The flower box windows are nice.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. Nice living room. It looks nice how you have used a blue colour scheme there. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa there, watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase whilst listening to music from the stereo. The patterned floor rug there looks nice in the room. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The island curved bar stool counter is great! The pattern you have used for the kitchen walls looks nice. The black and brown colour of the counters looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the type of bar stools you have used looks stylish and nice with the type of counter. The fruit paintings on the wall are very nice kitchen touches. Great art and music room! Nice art nook area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel and enjoy seeing the paintings that they painted on the wall. They will have fun playing the guita there or just relaxing on the seats reading a book. It looks very nice that you have placed the three mirrors on the wall in the single bed room.
    It looks very nice how you have done the windows and blinds in the second house. Very nice grey,red and black colour scheme that you have used through the home. Very nice living room area near the stairs for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa or arm chair enjoying watching tv. Great window study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. Great design of this kitchen too! The hanging robe in the bathroom wall is a nice touch. It looks great how you have placed the orange pictures on the wall in the bedroom. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. Great gym area for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows whilst keeping fit using the equipment. Very nice outdoors patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outside in the air. They will enjoy sitting on the stools having a chat and a drink from the bar.
    They are very nice homes! :)
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Wonderful lots !! Nice decor and an impresive roofing work :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Great buildings all them, thanjyou for sharing!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Again, Thank you so much for all the comments everyone. I really wish I had more time to spend on the forums these days. If I did, I'd make sure I replied to each of you in turn and I'd make it a point to visit more threads. Today I tried to spend some time flipping through the gallery and I know I've seen some lovely creations by some of you who have commented. Eventually I will get to your show threads and leave some comments...a lot of them I've already been in, but being pressed for time on a regular basis I don't comment too often.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I so know the feeling. It's hard to find time with RL.

BUT, I finally was on here so found your thread! Love your builds as always! Envy of the Neighborhood has got to be my FAV. I'd really like to find an all brick on in RL. Haven't got hubby convinced he likes that style but.... :D:p ... he will!
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I love your homes! Would love to download your Artist's Cottage and Envy of the Neighborhood but of course the Gallery is completely broken for me and I can't find them no matter what I fiddle around with. Only three things appear on your profile page. o_o Hopefully this is fixed so I can move some Sims into your beautiful lots soon!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    These are beautiful homes. Love the roofing and the kitchens especially. And that deck from House at the End is amazing!
  • Options
    Thank you, romagi, BrokenChaos, and hmsdrco!

I have a new lot to share today:

I've always loved homes that were converted from something else. The ones that leave most of the original structure in place are so unique. I've seen banks, store fronts, factories, lighthouses and so much more in real life that inspired this one, and because I've always wanted a unique home of my own I've also hashtagged it for this week's challenge

The Old Train Depot

#originalsim
    #NoCC
    #thesims4challenge

09-30-14_2-14nbspPM_zps843ceadc.png

09-30-14_2-07nbspPM_zps066cfe58.png

09-30-14_2-12nbspPM_zps68f845a7.png

09-30-14_2-11nbspPM-2_zps61af093b.png

09-30-14_12-47nbspPM_zpsda4e5263.png

09-30-14_12-50nbspPM_zpsde1d59cc.png

09-30-14_12-54nbspPM_zps003d547a.png

09-30-14_12-51nbspPM-2_zps4a5a6942.png

09-30-14_12-56nbspPM-2_zpse0198c0b.png

09-30-14_2-05nbspPM_zps386cbf2b.png

Slideshow

• Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Gorgeous! just gorgeous work!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
    What a lovely home! The garden looks really great. I especially love the blue bedroom with the dark wood. That just looks so good. Great work! :D
    I'm Clementine. Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    I like what you say about building something to look like a conversion, so meta. Good work.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited October 2014
    After a good nights rest it dawned on me to check the box for content I don't own and your homes showed up, lol! The two homes I mentioned above are now permanent in my town, just gorgeous! You're definitely my favorite builder! <3 Absolutely fantastic work you keep putting out.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    OS it's perfect! Love how you set the toy trains all around and your landscaping is beautiful!

Where are you finding the weekly challenges?