Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies are a joke

Seriously. I'm getting worried that babies all have the same outfit... is there absolutely no way to tell boys and girls apart?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I hate that too trust me.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

For the last time they are not objects lol.
    The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.
  • Options
    They don't even look different ... so no toddlers and now babies all look the same. Well how boring what the hell am i suppose to do with the baby there is nothing fun about it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

Except you can't delete an object when a Sim is using it.
  • Options
    Honestly waste of time to ask for the baby part in the broadcast... its like here is the baby here is the crib that in a few days will dissapear and a kid will magically jump out of...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    They don't even look different ... so no toddlers and now babies all look the same. Well how boring what the hell am i suppose to do with the baby there is nothing fun about it
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    I agree genders should not based by colors of blue/pink.

No but they could have different baby clothes

You do realise babies in The Sims 2 had no clothes. Most babies just have nappies/diaper's after being born.
    Also, in The Sims 3 your baby didn't even have a body.

So I can understand the tied to the crib thing, but the baby itself is a MUCH bigger step up from The Sims 3.
  • Options
    Pathetic honestly... babies are extremely boring now
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    I did think it was good sims even in labour could attend to their needs, but the 'bassinet from the sky' thing and Bella--as well as other family members'--indifference to the newborn was just rubbish!
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

A Sim can be tied to an object without being an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.
  • Options
    joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    Piplow wrote: »
    Surely one of the first EPs HAS to be about families? Every stage aside from adults need a massive improvement.

I don't know. I mean how much opportunity for emotions and weirder stories do families, especially children, provide? Really, who gets excited by finding out you or your significant other is pregnant? Who really cares when the infant is finally birthed? Who's got time to notice that the baby learned to sit up, roll over, crawl, stand or even start putting together some random sounds into the semblance of speech? There's just nothing there.

Toddlers, even worse. It's not like they're starting to run around like little hellions, making messes, talking up storms, getting into more things than infants. Or... Scaring the bejeezus out of their parents' and their parents' friends by, oh, going for a walk on their own.

See, two of the earliest possible life stages and there is just no opportunity for the emotional depth and complexity that comes with being a young adult and blowing airhorns in peoples' ears or making four gross of wooden rabbits or pancakes or starting a cupcake machine on fire!

[/sarcasm]
  • Options

Babies were even more boring in The Sims 3 though. You could barely DO anything with them.
    In The Sims 2 & The Sims 4 you can do so much more, even if babies can't leave the crib.

The fact that babies don't have a body, and are even more useless in The Sims 3, must ring a bell somewhere.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Pink and blue or not. i definitely need a way to quickly see if a baby is a boy or girl when popping in to each house of the town to adjust the families I don't play a lot. Somewhere there needs to be a hint. In TS3 I could use the family tree to look for "son" or "daughter".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

Babies were even more boring in The Sims 3 though. You could barely DO anything with them.
    In The Sims 2 & The Sims 4 you can do so much more, even if babies can't leave the crib.

The fact that babies don't have a body, and are even more useless in The Sims 3, must ring a bell somewhere.

The sims 3 suks and the sims 2 was way better than the sims 4 babies and oh yeah HAD TODDLERS

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.

The cowplant has needs and it is an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

You can't view a babies needs, (as in The Sims 2 etc) but when your Sim ages up the needs carry over. So if you just fed your baby, your child Sim will be fully fed.
    If you neglected your baby, your child will be low on Social.

This was confirmed months ago.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Do babies even cry and sleep?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited August 2014

They aren't an object.

If babies were a Sim, atleast they should let us control it (and by that it means letting us see it's mood, moodlets and motives).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

babies dont have the same needs as adult sims so thats incorrect too
    21mbz47.jpg