Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies are a joke

Comments

• Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    edited August 2014
    why should there be a way to tell boys and girls apart. chill
    is that critical to your gameplay? also if youre going off pink / blue, bye
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

For the last time they are not objects lol.
    The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

Except you can't delete an object when a Sim is using it.

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

A Sim can be tied to an object without being an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.

The cowplant has needs and it is an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

babies dont have the same needs as adult sims so thats incorrect too

Oh please stop playing dumb.

• Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    My worry about them is the fact that they're tied to the crib and basically just objects. I didn't really like the blue and pink blankets in TS3 to tell boys and girls apart, I don't find that divide necessary.

The crib is separate in Buy Mode, and we had it confirmed months ago that the needs the baby has passes over to the child life stage.

People just assumed because they are tied to the crib, it's like Sims 1. It's not. The Crib is an object in the buy catalogue.

It's pointless buying a bassinet because one appears when the baby is born, i.e, it's impossible for the baby to exist without it. Delete the bassinet, wave goodbye to your newborn.

Um yes you can. They clearly showed that in the first LB with build mode.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

In The Sims 3 you don't have to put your baby in a crib. Sure, it's usually a good idea unless you like leaving newborns on the kitchen floor fr three days, but you're not forced to have one. The fact that babies in 4 are undoubtedly tied to their bassinets proves that they're just an object. And don't get me started on having to put them back after every plumming interaction.

They aren't an object.

It's already confirmed baby Sims have motives that carry over to when they are a child. An object doesn't have motives/needs.

If babies were a Sim, atleast they should let us control it (and by that it means letting us see it's mood, moodlets and motives).

Using testingcheatsenabled is the only way to do it, I have no idea why this has always been the way.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    Do babies even cry and sleep?
    Don't know. Is there a social worker? If not and we uncheck death, we can just let them cry for days (if they cry that is). >:)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Pathetic honestly... babies are extremely boring now

Babies were even more boring in The Sims 3 though. You could barely DO anything with them.
    In The Sims 2 & The Sims 4 you can do so much more, even if babies can't leave the crib.

The fact that babies don't have a body, and are even more useless in The Sims 3, must ring a bell somewhere.

The sims 3 suks and the sims 2 was way better than the sims 4 babies and oh yeah HAD TODDLERS

I never said The Sims 4 was better than the Sims 2?

I said The Sims 2 and Sims 4 babies have more interactions than in The Sims 3, and you could do more with your baby.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Oh please stop being so blind. The babies 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in this game the only upgrade is they have limbs and we don't even get a toddler life stage and even if you hate toddlers they were part of the game for 2 generations and now we are back to the sims 1 babies

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »

Those Sims aren't tied to those objects though. They can function without that object.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

They aren't an object.

If babies were a Sim, atleast they should let us control it (and by that it means letting us see it's mood, moodlets and motives).

Using testingcheatsenabled is the only way to do it, I have no idea why this has always been the way.

Actually, I think in TS3 you could select the baby and see them.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Piplow wrote: »
    Surely one of the first EPs HAS to be about families? Every stage aside from adults need a massive improvement.

I hope so... because I honestly cant see a difference between Teens to Adults aside from a few interactions.
  • Options
    panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member

Erm, you can in this game. They showed it happening on the build broadcast. So...I'm honestly curious as to what would happen if someone tried it.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    panapops wrote: »

Erm, you can in this game. They showed it happening on the build broadcast. So...I'm honestly curious as to what would happen if someone tried it.

Yeah it was that bench the guy was sitting on in the park as I recall. They deleted it and he just stood up.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    lynny wrote: »
    Pathetic honestly... babies are extremely boring now

Haven't they always been?

Yeah they were but at least I could look forward to toddlers and I had fun with them but now we just get babies and they are just like sims 1 babies
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »

Those Sims aren't tied to those objects though. They can function without that object.

Well if that object can be deleted while a sim is in use then I feel that the bassinet should do the same. Technically if the baby is using it then the bassinet should be able to be deleted. But I'm sure you can't just delete the bassinet because the baby is the bassinet. The baby is the object and the sim is the bassinet.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Oh please stop being so blind. The babies 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in this game the only upgrade is they have limbs and we don't even get a toddler life stage and even if you hate toddlers they were part of the game for 2 generations and now we are back to the sims 1 babies

Seriously?

That's NOT even the point I'm making.

I never said the babies were great OR did I even mention toddlers? Grow up seriously, it's a game.

Don't tell me a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with what I said, at all. If you're seriously bothered enough, stick with The Sims 2 or 3.
  • Options

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Seriously?

I never said the babies were great OR did I even mention toddlers? Grow up seriously, it's a game.

The Sims 3 is always there if this is causing you to be so ignorant.

I don't like the sims 3. And ye it is a game a mediocre game that costs $70

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really don't see how they are so different now other than being in their crib. I kind of like them being in their crib its better for me because in sims 3 the parents would sometimes put the baby on the floor or out in the snow or blazing heat.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Have the baby voices improved at all?

Whenever one starts wailing in TS3 I want to throw it out a window.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Seriously?

So don't buy it? Like what point are you trying to make......

I agree that babies in this game should be better, but explaining how it works properly, and all I get back is TODDLERS!!!!! SIMS 2!!!! tfhIJHFTHGHJLIfgxdfuhijufhggjo;k

Like talk properly. I was just letting people know that Babies have more interactions, and that the babies aren't Buy Mode objects.

I never said they were better overall.
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I hope we can change their clothes because the green one is meh...
  • Options

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Seriously?

I agree that babies in this game should be better, but explaining how it works properly, and all I get back is TODDLERS!!!!! SIMS 2!!!! tfhIJHFTHGHJLIfgxdfuhijufhggjo;k

Like talk properly. I was just letting people know that Babies have more interactions, and that the babies aren't Buy Mode objects.

Well it is MY thread and if I feel like talking about the sims 1 2 or 3 I can and if you don't like it feel free to leave and go find some of the few simmers that will agree with you,

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

It also pops up automatically before the Sim gives birth if you neglect to get one. So you're required to have one to give birth. In Sims 3 you could wait to get the crib till your Sim was on the way home from the hospital so you could get the proper color (pink or blue) if you wanted to go that route.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    When that bassinet is plopped down in the bathroom, can it be moved? Or will we get a message saying it's in use?
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options

They aren't an object.

As in these needs.

Motives.JPG

Seriously?

Well it is MY thread and if I feel like talking about the sims 1 2 or 3 I can and if you don't like it feel free to leave and go find some of the few simmers that will agree with you,

You're STILL missing the point!

I don't care about what you want to talk about. But how is it a constructive conversation when I don't even mention toddlers, and you use that start blurting about them at me.

It wasn't even what I was talking about. Seriously....