Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    @and-it-is-on: I'm glad you found it creepy since that was what I was aiming for with the girl in black

@zabeth: sorry to confuse you, though that was partially my goal :P I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter.

@colorist: You probably figured this out by now but it was a dream of how she wishes things were.

I wouldn't say the girl in black is trying to teach her anything. The girl in black is simply a symbol of her previous self. All the memories, desires and instincts that are still inside her as much as she wants to get rid of them.

As I discussed in an earlier response to wikichick, Kyrie can't just blame her father and move on. To her, her actions are her own, no matter how she was raised she still chose to go along with it. That actually relates back to one of my oldest philosophies on life that no mater how you were raised or what you were told every choice is still yours and you always have a choice in whether you do or don't do something. Kyrie follows this thought process and even if her raising lead to it she was still the one who went along with it.

She still does need to learn to accept her past but she can't shift the blame to do it.

Glad you enjoyed the update :)

Well I agree, but if her father hadn't made the choices he had to be the boss of a crime family, and commit those crimes Kyrie wouldn't have been in a position to make those choices. I too agree we have choices, but choices made as a young impressionable child under the thumb of a dad like that to me is like having no choice. I mean if she had not done these things for her father would he have retaliated? More important even if he wouldn't have, did Kyrie believe he would have? I agree when we become adults we have to take responsibility for our own choices, but those choices are sadly in most cases based on how we were raised. Now that is not saying if you do bad things you shouldn't have to pay the price. Like if you murder you should spend life in jail etc. and I do believe as adults we need to stop blaming our choices on our past. I have, but it isn't so simple for some unfortunately. Our whole lives good or bad in one form or another will always be influenced by our childhoods. It is just the choices we decide to make in spite of those influences is what in my opinion shows our maturity.

• Options
    hamburgerfayehamburgerfaye Posts: 431 Member
    edited March 2014
    Colorist- thanks :D And yes maam the CC is all on ym girls. If you wanna check my other items in my studio, I have several sims with several choice pieces of CC on them! Also, not to toot my own horn, but theyre all pretty attractive ;) HAHAHAHAHA! There may be some of my polyhousehold up too. I know a couple of their children are lol :)

Zabeth- awww thanks! I love the funky colors, too! I like to use them as an accent color, like the tips or highlights, a lot. Ofcourse, last year I had hot pink hair most of the year and my daughter had bright blue tips that faded in an ombre style to aqua up her strands, Now her hair is blonde with pink tips and mine is chocolate cherry :mrgreen:

EDITED TO ADD- this is Dana and Daiys mom :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7177304
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Colorist- thanks :D And yes maam the CC is all on ym girls. If you wanna check my other items in my studio, I have several sims with several choice pieces of CC on them! Also, not to toot my own horn, but theyre all pretty attractive ;) HAHAHAHAHA! There may be some of my polyhousehold up too. I know a couple of their children are lol :)

Zabeth- awww thanks! I love the funky colors, too! I like to use them as an accent color, like the tips or highlights, a lot. Ofcourse, last year I had hot pink hair most of the year and my daughter had bright blue tips that faded in an ombre style to aqua up her strands, Now her hair is blonde with pink tips and mine is chocolate cherry :mrgreen:

EDITED TO ADD- this is Dana and Daiys mom :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7177304

Could you put a link up to the cc the girls have, as I don't think transferring them into my game and to have the game put in proxies they would look the same. I would like to have the cc in game before downloading if you can do that I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Mykale wondered off down the hall to his room. Meredith heard the shower come on and once she was sure Mykale was out of earshot, she turned her angry gaze onto Ophelia.

"What do you think youre doing? Be-spelling Mykale? Thats a trick of the dark arts, Ophelia. Youre a black witch! I knew something was off with you."

"Im only doing what you dont have the power or the wills to do. This man is not like others. He doesnt really crave monogamy but its what he needs to simplify his life. And if you think he is not a dark soul, youre mistaken. He is a vampire, Meredith, and not a good match for a goody two shoes white witch like you or an abomination like that genie Mandy."

Meredith ignored her low blows because they were unjustified and meant nothing to her. Her comment would have made Mandy argue with her and lose the main point, but that wasnt Meredith. "Ive placed a spell deflector on him and if you try this again, so help me Ophelia, the consequences will bite you in the ***."

"You can spare me your karma crap because I dont believe it in."

Meredith stepped in close to her, her anger like flames in her eyes. "Oh no," she said softly. "Not karma. Me."

"Im not scared of a white witch!" Ophelia spits the words out as if they tasted bad in her mouth.

"Then that will be your down fall." Meredith turned and walked away, leaving Ophelia to think about her words. She thought it possible that Ophelia may hit her with a ball of dark magic while her back was turned, but the witch did nothing.

When Mykale was done with his shower, Meredith found him in the living room. She had him to herself for the next few minutes, and she wasted no time getting into a much needed discussion with him.

"Mykale, I have tried to stay out of this and let you come to realizations on your own, but I can no longer hold my tongue. Please, Mykale. Please tell Ophelia she has to leave the house."

Screenshot-12786_zpsfddbc9a1.jpg

Mykale, having no clear recollection of being be-spelled, was confused by Merediths begging. "What? Why would I do that? I feel like Ive explained this a million times by now. This is not how its supposed to work. We dont just gang up on another member of the house. Thats not what this is supposed to be about. We.."

Meredith did not let him finish. "I come to you with honesty here, Mykale. She is not who you think she is, okay? You have to listen to me!"

Screenshot-12785_zpse2f5e1b7.jpg

Mykale rolled his eyes and that was the tiny little bit more that Meredith needed to come out with some truths about Ophelia. "She practices dark magic, Mykale. Its bad, bad stuff and very dangerous. Most people who dip in that sort of magic are driven insane or become very evil by opening a connection repeatedly to the ever-after. I dont know how I didnt see it before. She displays all the classic traits of a witch who has used too much or too powerful dark spells. Im telling the truth. Dont just stand there and roll your eyes at me and blow me off. I just saved you and you dont even remember it!"

Screenshot-12780_zps9726bd6b.jpg

"Whoa, calm down, okay. Im listening now, Im listening. What do you mean, you saved me?"

"From Ophelia. She had put a spell on you and I removed it and put a temporary spell blocker on you. You dont remember any of that, do you?

Mykale looked beyond confused. "What? No, I dont know what youre talking about. What happened? What did she do? Why dont I remember?" Mykale was getting more and more upset. As a powerful vampire, he wasnt used to anyone being able to over take him like that and it freaked him out.

"Its okay, now, Mykale, its okay.

Screenshot-12794_zpsb0d22f47.jpg

You didnt do anything bad... per say. Though you did hurt Mandys feelings. Ophelia was able to transport thoughts into your mind while you were under her spell and from what Mandy says, it appears she may have used that opportunity to hurt Mandy. She is thinking of leaving, Mykale."

Little pieces of being at the bar with the girls came back to him. mandy had said she was thinking of leaving and Mykale remembers wanting to protest, to follow her, to change her mind... but he couldnt. He couldnt because Ophelia wouldnt let him.

"You need to go talk to her soon, if you could. I think she really needs you right now."

"Okay," Mykale said as he turned to go find Mandy but Meredith pulled him back.

"Wait. Theres something else... something I told you before I knew you were under a spell that you may not remember. Does that ring a bell?"

Mykale shock his head no.

"Mykale.. Im pregnant and the baby is growing fast."

Mykale spit the panicked feelings out as quickly as they had entered him. "A baby? Are you serious? Are you sure?" He bubbled over with joy and rushed Meredith, hugging her tightly and laughing in her ear. He pulled away suddenly, all smiles, and bent down close to her tummy. Now that he looked closer, she did look a little bloated, but it wasnt very visible as Meredith had a very very small frame. He rubbed his hand over her swollen abdomen, mentally caressing the little life growing inside of her. "A baby," he said with wonder.

Screenshot-12765_zps70be7530.jpg

Meredith giggled, obviously as excited as Mykale was.

Mykale pulled back quickly. "No way! I think I just felt it move!"

"I told you, its growing fast. I think it will only be a few more days before it arrives."

Mykale placed his ear to Merediths belly and then again pulled back. "I think I hear it!" he exclaimed.

Screenshot-12769_zps114ea551.jpg

"You silly nugget! You cant hear it!" Meredith giggled.

"I know that," he said with a smile. "But I made you laugh, didnt I?"

The two shared a kiss and a smile. "I love you, Meredith, and Im so over joyed right now. Im here for you through this whole process, not just the pregnancy, but for our child too. Forever. Ill be the very best Dad and youll always be my family." He placed his forehead on her own and inhaled her scent deeply. "Now if youll excuse me, I must go find Mandy. We have some things we need to talk about. Oh, does she know about the baby?"

"Not yet. She was already so upset... plus I wanted to tell you first. Would you like to tell her or want me to do it?"

"I think it would be best if you told her," he replied before giving her another kiss.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:

Could you put a link up to the cc the girls have, as I don't think transferring them into my game and to have the game put in proxies they would look the same. I would like to have the cc in game before downloading if you can do that I would appreciate it.

I cant :( I have no idea where my CC is from and my folder is giantic. I have over 3gb CC o.O

I *think* but am not certain, that the jewelry is from LemonLeaf, but it memory recalls correctly, its an asian site I DL'd from. I used google translator in my browser window to find the download link lol

Does the CC not transfer correctly? Whenever I DL a sim, I get the CC they are packaged with...
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow, this thread really took off in one night. :shock: I guess I'd better get started on the comments. :lol:

wickichick: That is a beautiful house, and Mattie and Adam are such a wonderful couple. :)

hamburgerfaye: I'm glad that Merideth certainly caught on to what was happening and did what she could to fix it. I still sense an upcoming catfight between the girls in the future, though.

wickichick: This is very interesting. :) The tombs are one of my favorite parts of World Adventures.

dreamerz13: Awesome update, and Talia and Russell are good looking sims. :D

wickichick: I wonder what lies in the tomb that is bringing Mattie to tears.

Celiria: That was a very eerie dream, I have to say. I actually thought it was real at first. >.<

TristanandPiper: He's definitely living in the lap of luxury. :lol:

wickichick: Adam should know that girls and creepy bugs do not mix. :lol: Whenever even one gets on us, we lose all train of thought.

TristanandPiper: That's certainly an interesting looking house.

wickichick: That is a sad story. :(

Samr883: Those are some nice and adorable pictures. :) I really love the lighting.

Colorist40: It seems like it's been forever since we've seen a Shrek update! Fiona's past is so sad though. :( To know that her mother hated her because she considered her ugly. It's hard to believe that there are really mothers out there in the world like that who resent their children because of maybe one or two imperfections.

hamburgerfaye: Those sims are gorgeous! :o

Baker9793: Very awesome update and the kids are adorable! :D

TadOlson: Great update!

and-it-is-on: Those are some great pictures. I agree that service sims are very useless in this game. That's why I don't have butlers, lol.

hamburgerfaye: At least MyKale seems happy about the baby. But he's still horrible for not really listening to them about Ophelia. I guess he only sees her beauty and is blind to everything else, especially Mandy's feelings. Either that, or he doesn't really care.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:

I cant :( I have no idea where my CC is from and my folder is giantic. I have over 3gb CC o.O

I *think* but am not certain, that the jewelry is from LemonLeaf, but it memory recalls correctly, its an asian site I DL'd from. I used google translator in my browser window to find the download link lol

Does the CC not transfer correctly? Whenever I DL a sim, I get the CC they are packaged with...

Some cc does, some doesn't it depends. I just guess I will have to download them and see lol.

Thanks though.

I tried Dana said there was an error uploading and won't upload.

So guess can't have them in game sigh.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Wow, this thread really took off in one night. :shock: I guess I'd better get started on the comments. :lol:

wickichick: That is a beautiful house, and Mattie and Adam are such a wonderful couple. :)

hamburgerfaye: I'm glad that Merideth certainly caught on to what was happening and did what she could to fix it. I still sense an upcoming catfight between the girls in the future, though.

wickichick: This is very interesting. :) The tombs are one of my favorite parts of World Adventures.

dreamerz13: Awesome update, and Talia and Russell are good looking sims. :D

wickichick: I wonder what lies in the tomb that is bringing Mattie to tears.

Celiria: That was a very eerie dream, I have to say. I actually thought it was real at first. >.<

TristanandPiper: He's definitely living in the lap of luxury. :lol:

wickichick: Adam should know that girls and creepy bugs do not mix. :lol: Whenever even one gets on us, we lose all train of thought.

TristanandPiper: That's certainly an interesting looking house.

wickichick: That is a sad story. :(

Samr883: Those are some nice and adorable pictures. :) I really love the lighting.

Colorist40: It seems like it's been forever since we've seen a Shrek update! Fiona's past is so sad though. :( To know that her mother hated her because she considered her ugly. It's hard to believe that there are really mothers out there in the world like that who resent their children because of maybe one or two imperfections.

hamburgerfaye: Those sims are gorgeous! :o

Baker9793: Very awesome update and the kids are adorable! :D

TadOlson: Great update!

and-it-is-on: Those are some great pictures. I agree that service sims are very useless in this game. That's why I don't have butlers, lol.

hamburgerfaye: At least MyKale seems happy about the baby. But he's still horrible for not really listening to them about Ophelia. I guess he only sees her beauty and is blind to everything else, especially Mandy's feelings. Either that, or he doesn't really care.

That is because it has been forever or seems like it. With two blogs including Shrek, doing the Anson story, playing sims just to have fun and not for story purposes, commenting to keep up on here which is a huge task lol, is why it has been a while. Plus sometimes I am not sure how I want to present the next portion of a story. I know what I want to say, but how to say it is another matter lol.

• Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2014
    An update: I'm doing the LTWs that I've never done before, which is a little bit of a challenge. So Grettle is now a YA and she married Marty Keaton. They are now expecting their first child together. Grettle's LTW is that she wants to see the ghost of a wealthy spouse. At first Grettle went to the mansions in town and struck up a conversation with Thorton Wolff. I was planning on having Grettle marry Thorton instead of Marty since Thorton is already rich. Since I didn't know which sim would move into which house (I'm currently just playing the base game, something I haven't done in a while). I decided to have Grettle marry Marty instead. Marty is in the athletics career so he should be able to get rich before he dies. So my challenge is to get Marty up the athletics career before he dies so he can becomes rich, so Grettle can complete her LTW. Also if Marty gets to the top of the athletics career, he too will complete his LTW. As for Lucy after writing books, she decided to follow in her father's footsteps and became a journalist. The Foxworths (now Johnson-Keaton) household still live in their tiny starter home, and are outgrowing it quickly. It seems like there's so many sims yet never enough money. When they get enough money, the family will move into either a pre-built house or I'll attempt to built them their dream home. Rose is now a teenager, and Lilly is also a teenager. Marty's son (forgot his name), he's now a child. If Marty doesn't become rich by the time he dies, then I'll have Grettle set her sights onto a wealthy sim in the neighborhood and go after him. Grettle didn't marry Marty for love, she married him because she saw the potential of dollar signs. Poor Marty he left his wife for Grettle, and he may end up regretting it if he becomes rich. :)

I'll continue this saga later on tonight

Tad: Sorry your sick, and I really like your sims house, that was their house in the picture you posted right? It looks so cozy, I also love that it's blue (my favorite color). There's always a lot of blue in my game, that's why I love CASt I can make everything blue if I want to. :D I never know what to do with small spaces…maybe because I always have way too many sims in a house at a time so my houses always feel overcrowded. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi!

Pages 152 - 163:

@Mikezumi - Your Josh Holloway sim is looking spot on! Great job! Your updated photo on page 154 is definitely it! You're so talented!

@dreamerz13 - Olivia is slacking off at her job, I see. You mention that she's not very interesting. You could change that by giving her some goals. Sienna and Vanessa are both very beautiful! So Grace was smooching with Boyd Wainright. How funny! I actually like it when my Sims hook up with pre-mades.

@wickichick - Oh, wow! I love the pictures of Adam and Mattie playing soccer! The banter back and forth is pretty good, too! I love seeing Mattie wandering about the house as if it were her own, exploring each and every room. I had to stop at the photo with the woodfire oven. I never think to place it indoors like you've done. I always place it outdoors in an outdoor kitchen, along with the Tappenyaki grill and the barbecue grill. It's nice to see Mattie and Adam get to know each other "the old fashioned way". I'm really enjoying this couple! And I'm enjoying how Adam likes to get to know the history of each and every thing in order to find a greater appreciation for it. He's obviously not just talking about tombs and artifacts. LOL at the picture of Mattie with her arm in the lamp! Adam and Mattie exploring the tomb is a nice lesson in how vampurics function together. I'm learning as Mattie is learning about herself. And good for Mattie, sensing something in the tomb that Adam missed. I'm excited to find out what it could be. Oh, it's the grave! Such a sad story!

@GBA91101Nver4get - I like how you're debating with yourself whether or not to start up your game. Like most of us, the game wins! Also, it's interesting that you and rednenemon share an interest in V.C. Andrews' books! And LunBeauty, too! Why have I not heard of this author? Aw, Jack Foxworth died, how sad. Sorry to read that Don and lucy divorced. Will Grettle ever find a partner? I hope so. Oh, wait, I see she's gonna hook up with Marty Keaton! Your story sounds like a veritable soap opera with all the hookups, divorces, moving in, moving out, etc. LOL Congratulations to Grettle and Marty Keanton on their wedding! And now they're expecting a baby. Another congrats!

@Baker9793 - Aw, such a sad picture of Jack consoling his little brother Jeff after Tyler's passing. How tragic! It's good that the brothers can be there for one another. Family bonding at its best. As for Jack's career progress, I find that using the Work Hard option is best to advance. I always use that one unless I have a specific reason to choos a different option. The Grim Reaper snowman is precious! Congratulations to Nick on aging up well! Also contratulations on the birth of Jorden! Oh, I see you're having issues with Jack. If you haven't already done so, I'd do a resetsim on him. Congratulations to Jeff and Eileen on their engagement (page 160)! Jorden is so cute! So cool that Jeff was abducted by aliens and is now "gaining weight". Sadly, they chose not to keep the alien baby. Oh, well. He and Eileen can have their own child together now that they're wed. Happy Birthday to Jorden, Nick and Jack, respectively.

@MayaRose1138 - It's my understanding that all Sims of the same life stage are the same height. I think there are mods to change that, however, but I don't use them. As to your 50 baby challenge, I find the results of 25 boys, 25 girls to be interesting in that it's the statistical average. What's funny is that it involves eleven mothers! Wow! That's a lot of relationships to maintain! I imagine that if you were to continue playing it like a legacy, it would be difficult for the heir to find an unrelated mate. As for commenting on stories, no one expects anyone to comment on each and every update. Just do what you feel like doing. Ah, so Hal stopped at 56 children. Wow! Amazing! Are you planning to move the next generation heirs to a new town? I would consider doing that.

@bluecrayon1989 - Your self sim is lovely! She's a lifeguard, so are you playing in Isla Paradiso or have you found another world with beaches that work with that career? I find you picture of Guillermo very interesting because I actually know a real life person named Guillermo who could call your sim his self sim! The resemblence is amazing! Only I don't think the real life Guillermo would ever cheat on his wife with another woman. He's very much family-oriented. His oldest daughter has a full scholarship to University of Colorado next year. But I digress. Back to your story. Congratulations on the birth of baby Willow! I guess it was a matter of time before Carolina found out about Guillermo's infidelity. No wife would take that well. Willow definitely takes after her father in the looks department! Wow, Willow grew up fast! What lifespan option are you using? I use Long in my game. I'm glad she found Myles as a mate!

@Colorist40 - Thanks for explaining which mods you use to have so many Sims in your household. I'm afraid to give it a try as I think it would cause lag in my game. I'm happy with a max of eight Sims in a household. As for Anson, I must say that I'm finding his bartering to marry off his daughters rather disturbing to me. I realize it's not my culture, but the negotiations with Khalifa Hakim reminds me of when my own father would buy livestock from a rancher. Sorry if I'm too blunt, but I cannot fathom how a father could arrange marriages with his not-even-teenage daughters to older men. Creeps me out, which I'm sure is your intention with this story. I do find it a compelling story and am enjoying it very much. As for your contest, I chose Cynthia because Teo had blue eyes like her. I forgot that you said the mothers were sisters, so that explains that. As for Fiona, I really connected with her when she thought about her childhood, her father's unconditional love for her, and her much-more-reserved mother. And Fiona thinking that she truly is repulsive and ugly. No one should feel that way about themself! I'm glad that she does have some happy memories. I hope they're enough to get her through her current situation. I hope she has the courage to stand up to Shrek. LOL at the Under Siege and Ogre Powered book! How funny is that? Such a co-inky-****.

@hamburgerfaye - All of your Sims are lovely! You must spend a lot of time in CAS creating them. Mykale continues to be quite the player! How he manages to romance so many women under the same roof and also maintain the peace astounds me. He must have the No Jealousy LTR. As for Mykale, I'm wondering whether he really does want to settle down with one woman some day or whether he's just telling each of them what they want to hear. I guess I'll find out as your story progresses. Mandy and Mykale's hot air balloon ride looked fun! Their sunrise engagement was interesting, albeit brief. Good for her for speaking her mind about Ophelia! As for Ophelia, Heaven hath no fury like a dark witch scorned! Interesting how Ophelia channeled her rage through Mandy towards Mykale! Very creative! I must say, I'm finding Ophelia to be a delicously delightful character! Ah, so Meredith is now pregnant and Mandy is thinking of leaving. Such drama! As for your second family, the single mom with two sets of twins, they're once again quite stunningly beautiful! How do you have supernatural hybrids? Are you using mods for that? Must be. I'm definitely liking Meredith, too. She's interesting while not being evil. Well done!

@Samr883 - Congratulations on getting Aurora Skies. I actually like that world very much. I enjoy the pre-made families and the sky at night is breathtaking! If you don't like the short days and long nights, I'd get a lighting mod from Burnt Waffles. They're the best! Now to your story, Lydia is so adorable holding her IF doll! Oh, nice pictures of your sims (page 159). Happy Anniversary to Kyle and Elisif!

@Puddinroy - I hope you're over your ear infection by the time you read this post. If not, I wish you a speedy recovery!

@TadOlson - Wait, who are Tanner and Tracy? I was expecting Eli and Ami. Is this a different save? I see you're still playing with Eli and Ami (page 156), so it must be a different save or a different family in the same save.

@and-it-is-on - Marissa, Mila, and Kimbra all aged up quite well! They all look rather sad about going to school, though! It's always a mixed blessing when a Sim rolls the Ten Children want. I usually say "no way" to them in my game. We'll have to see whether Dante has his wish fulfilled. And please don't think your stories aren't good because they are. I enjoy seeing your pictures and following the stories you tell. I'll admit that my first few (make that several) updates were me just telling you all what's been going on in my game. Seeing the story telling that others in this thread have done has inspired me to play my game differently, now thinking about where I want to go with my story. I've enjoyed it, actually. But always know that I enjoy your posts. Please keep it up! The pictures of your sim sitting in the new Egg Chair are fabulous! Very well done! And I would consider firing the maid who brushed her teeth while on the job. LOL

@TristanandPiper - Hello and welcome to this thread! Your Stranded Island Challenge looks interesting! Nice house!

@Dragonrose69 - I'm glad that your game is working fine now. I hate it when it glitches. I love it when burglars break into my Sims' homes. Always so much fun! And I agree, the cops are useless. Seraphina is so adorable as a child! Nice that you allowed her IF to become real. Simon has such gorgeous blue eyes! I don't recognize the hairstyle you gave him. Is that CC or is it from the Store? Zachary aged up well, too. Oh, nice to meet Derya Su. She's gonna live in Lucky Palms. I'm so enjoying the pictures of Lucky Palms in this thread. Hamburgerfaye's story takes place there, too. I haven't played LP in months.

@LunBeauty - LOL at the maid playing guitar! And if you still watch the game tips as it's loading, you know to keep an eye on the hired staff. Too funny though! So Faye likes to watch the soaps. Days of our Sim Lives, no doubt! I remember it was Dark Shadows back when I was her age. The soap, not the gadawful movie with Johnny Depp. Eremurus seems to enjoy snowboarding! I should place it in my game sometime. Except I always turn off winter. LOL at the banter between Olivia and Faye! So like sisters! so sad at Cherry's passing. She lived a good Sim life. I haven't used Grimmy's Door to reincarnate a deceased Sim. Cherry does quite well as a kitty!

@Celiria - I really enjoyed the chapter with Ashlynn, Maya, and Whisper/Kyrie. Such creative story telling! Poor Kyrie, wanting to change who she really is at her core.

@Zabeth0 - Hi! It's good to see you posting in this thread. I know you must be busy but it's always nice to get an update on your stories.

Phew! I just spent four hours going through about a dozen pages and making comments! It feels good to be caught up!

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Hi!

Pages 152 - 163:

@Colorist40 - Thanks for explaining which mods you use to have so many Sims in your household. I'm afraid to give it a try as I think it would cause lag in my game. I'm happy with a max of eight Sims in a household. As for Anson, I must say that I'm finding his bartering to marry off his daughters rather disturbing to me. I realize it's not my culture, but the negotiations with Khalifa Hakim reminds me of when my own father would buy livestock from a rancher. Sorry if I'm too blunt, but I cannot fathom how a father could arrange marriages with his not-even-teenage daughters to older men. Creeps me out, which I'm sure is your intention with this story. I do find it a compelling story and am enjoying it very much. As for your contest, I chose Cynthia because Teo had blue eyes like her. I forgot that you said the mothers were sisters, so that explains that. As for Fiona, I really connected with her when she thought about her childhood, her father's unconditional love for her, and her much-more-reserved mother. And Fiona thinking that she truly is repulsive and ugly. No one should feel that way about themself! I'm glad that she does have some happy memories. I hope they're enough to get her through her current situation. I hope she has the courage to stand up to Shrek. LOL at the Under Siege and Ogre Powered book! How funny is that? Such a co-inky-****.

Best Regards,
    Nik

Well just to remind you that Cynthia is not related to the others. Antonina is the mother of mother number 4 Kenya. The others aren't related to each other at all just so your next guess come Monday won't be biased by your thinking something that isn't true.

As far as Anson bartering off his daughters reminding you of how your dad bid on livestock that is a perfect analogy and not too blunt at all. I hate the way the Arab culture demeans women and treats them, and this is my way of showing how bad it is for them. It is sad that a culture in the 21st century can be so repressive toward another human being. This stuff still goes on and it is worse than what I have so far portrayed in my story. I could go on and on so I am pleased that I am getting across my feelings and it is transferring to you guys. That is the reaction I wanted actually.

Thanks for your comments about connecting with Fiona and her childhood. I had the same situation as you a dad who believed in hard work, but was very reserved. Not that he didn't do stuff with us, but mostly he worked, ate and slept. He would love to be outside and the neighborhood kids would gravitate to him and he would be so nice to them, we got to wishing we were the neighbor kids just so we could get the attention they did lol.

Anyhoo lol I wanted to portray a father from the exact opposite of what I had. My mother was very nurturing and dad not so much so it was interesting for me to portray her father like my mother was. The reason for Fiona's mothers' lack of affection will be covered later in the story of course if you are smart enough and I think you are, :wink: you if you thought about it could figure it out for yourself.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I decided it might be fun as each child is featured and the contest ends it would be nice to have me post the child as a child along with a pic of dad and mom so you can see how much he/she looks. As a toddler it is kind of hard, but you all did great.

screenshot_original.jpg

James the father of course.

screenshot_original.jpg

Antonina the mother

screenshot_original.jpg

Tio as a child.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    H!

I finally have another update for you all. Let me recap, since it's been quite a few pages since my last update.

Screenshot-3900a_zpsb425e899.jpg

Veronica Landgraab and Zhiang-Lian Kim are attending their first semester at Sims University. The Landgraabs invited Zhiang to stay with them during breaks, holidays, and weekends. Zhiang and Veronica spent part of the summer together in Roaring Heights prior to attending university. Veronica initially developed a bit of a crush on Zhiang, but he seemed unaware of her feelings. Since starting at University, Veronica met Chaz Kasrin, the son of a ranching family from Appaloosa Plains. She now seems smitten with him. So what will she do now? It was time for Veronica and Zhiang to have a heart-to-heart talk. It's now Saturday morning, the morning after Veronica met Chaz at the Luminous Bar.

Screenshot-3876a_zps8dd14190.jpg

Veronica: Zhiang, I've been meaning to talk with you. We're friends, right?

Zhiang: Yes, Veronica, we're friends. Our families have known one another for many years now. I'd say we're very good friends.

Veronica: Okay. But I . . . er . . . . um . . . .

Zhiang: It's okay, Veronica. You can say anything to me. No need to be tongue tied.

Veronica: But have you ever given any thought as to who you would marry some day?

Zhiang: Oh, I see where this is going. [No, he doesn't] My father and my stepmother will choose a suitable bride for me once I complete my studies. The dowry will be negotiated. That is how it is done in Shang SimLa. Of course, it won't be decided without my input. If I'm lucky, they'll let me find my own bride and introduce her to them. But that will be many years off. They instructed me to focus on my studies. It is imporant that I do well at University. I do not want to disappoint them.

Veronica: No, Zhiang, that's not what I meant. What I meant was . . . um . . . have you ever considered a western girl? Someone not from China?

Zhiang: Maybe. I might be most fortunate to find a suitable bride here at Sims University. But my studies must come first.

Screenshot-3882a_zpsea4343e3.jpg

Veronica [sensing that this conversation wasn't going the way she thought it would go]: Alright then. I'll guess I'll leave you. leave you to your studies.

Screenshot-3883a_zps9a4f36c5.jpg

Veronica: Zhiang, I just thought of something I've gotta do. Something that can't wait. I'll see you later.

Zhiang: Thank you, Veronica. Good luck with your task.

Screenshot-3884a_zps355af056.jpg

Zhiang thinks to himself that that was a very unusual conversation. He's not sure if he fathomed what it was all about. He hoped that Veronica wasn't somehow disappointed in him. He wondered whether he should have told her that she's very special to him. She held a very special place in his heart. He had feelings for her. [Duh!] He missed his chance.

Screenshot-3885a_zps09479993.jpg

Meanwhile, Veronica was thinking to herself: that didn't go well. I was hoping he would share his heart with me. Let me know that he returns my affection. Guess he's too focused on his studies.

Veronica was more confused than ever.

Here are some random pictures of Zhiang and Veronica attending to their tasks and duties.

Screenshot-3828a_zps4155a41a.jpg

Zhiang eagerly checks the message board for social group tasks.

Screenshot-3754a_zps1e916785.jpg

Zhiang loves riding his bicycle all around campus.

Screenshot-3894a_zps7b43ebcc.jpg

Of course, he also enjoys getting a bit of exercise running around, too.

Screenshot-3853a_zps1edf5407.jpg

He enjoys playing chess with others at the Quad.

Screenshot-3862a_zps7ecd8ee1.jpg

Veronica is practicing her presentation skills.

Screenshot-3858a_zps2548b7ef.jpg

She's gotten quite good at it.

Screenshot-3867a_zps2a49e457.jpg

Veronica bumped into Chaz outside her dormitory. She mentioned that she was having a party later that evening and that he should attend.

Screenshot-4078a_zpsab180882.jpg

Zhiang was busy with the group science experiment.

Screenshot-4107a_zps5b2c7e3d.jpg

Watch out!

Screenshot-3823a_zps5144724c.jpg

And both Zhiang and Veronica spend hours studying from their school books.

Screenshot-3907a_zpsfe7e77c6.jpg

It was Saturday Night and Veronica had accepted a social group quest to throw a bonfire party. She invited many of her fellow students to a party at the beach, a perfect setting for such a party. The guests were starting to arrive. But who's this? It appears that Chaz Kasrin was one of the invited guests.

Screenshot-3942a_zpsaffc4a0c.jpg

Zhiang was invited, too. He busily attended the bonfire. He wondered who that cowboy guy was talking to Veronica. They seemed to know each other.

Screenshot-3916a_zpsb32fa152.jpg

It seemed that many of the guests enjoyed throwing herbs into the fire. What would they do?

Screenshot-3913a_zps396820bf.jpg

Different herbs would have different effects. Strange how they also affected the moods of people near the fire.

Screenshot-4032a_zps6600edc5.jpg

Zhiang noticed that the cowboy was spending a lot of time with Veronica. Should he be worried? Was it his place to interfere?

Screenshot-4043a_zpsa6e9e073.jpg

Passion seemed to ignite between them just as the fires flamed into a blue blaze.

Screenshot-4038a_zps9e09ce22.jpg

And then he saw them kiss. Zhiang was devastated. How could this be? He always thought that Veronica and he had a special bond. A friendship that would turn into love. Something lasting. But obviously, Veronica didn't feel the same as him. She couldn't. Not if she was kissing this cowboy.

Screenshot-3922a_zps6c98b339.jpg

Zhiang watched from a distance as Veronica and the cowboy kissed.

Screenshot-3923a_zpse4d8704d.jpg

They both appeared to return each other's affection. Zhiang realized that Veronica's heart was in another place, with another man.

Screenshot-3927a_zps65406954.jpg

And as their affections grew, so Zhiang's heart was melting. Melting as if the flames of the bonfire were melting his heart. He couldn't take it any longer. He had to go somewhere and think.

Screenshot-3991a_zps0d3fd795.jpg

Ziang swam out into the icy cold water. It was late in the year and the water was quite cold. But he needed the cold to cool his heart. Things were not to be as he had hoped. He had to accept Veronica's decision. He would have to find someone new.

Screenshot-3947a_zpsec200e1d.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the bonfire, Veronica and the cowboy were watching the stars together. It was the perfect evening for them.

Screenshot-3949a_zpsc0e8eb56.jpg

Veronica enjoyed the night sky. She enjoyed being in the company of such a wonderful man. For Chaz seemed to be the perfect man for her. Rugged. Handsome. Not afraid to go after what he wants. She enjoyed being near him. Either the cinnamon scent from the bonfire or the scent of his cologne was making her anxious. She could think of nothing else.

Screenshot-4011a_zpsd5b42080.jpg

Zhiang wondered what Veronica saw in this cowboy. Could he [the cowboy] make her happy?

Screenshot-4019a_zps8baab17f.jpg

Zhiang had to accept her decision. What could he do? She was free to choose for herself. He swore to himself that he would never tell her about his feelings for her. He wouldn't intrude. He wanted for her to be happy, and if that was with another man, then so be it.

Screenshot-3975a_zpsfc06b2e8.jpg

He'd go back to Shang Simla someday and his parents would find a suitable bride for him. That's where he would find his true love.

Screenshot-3973a_zps33098790.jpg

It broke his heart seeing Veronica with the cowboy, but he was resolved to move on.

Screenshot-4002a_zps3d122541.jpg

But the fire brought little comfort to him.

Screenshot-3959a_zps75dd9f8a.jpg

But what's this?

Screenshot-4051a_zps486a81d0.jpg

As morning approached, the sun rose above the horizon. So much had changed. And it would appear that Veronica and the cowboy had decided to go steady.

Screenshot-4048a_zpsaec1baa9.jpg

The cowboy seemed to be quite pleased with her decision.

That's it for now. We'll see what happens next in my next update.

Best Regards,
    Nik

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    So I managed to get some game time in! It was a good session, what with listening to music from other video games (I do that sometimes when playing Sims).

Here we have Guillaume teaching the falcon how to talk:
    ickzo1.jpg

Here is Mignon, at his usual post:
    1424tva.jpg
    He loves this show. :lol:

Here Guillaume is teaching Solara how to drive:
    119uols.jpg
    Figured she needed the LTP and relationship boost.

Here, while they were doing that, Mignon aged up into an Elder:
    20t5ifb.jpg

Here is Solara sculpting after she and Guillaume were done driving:
    29wq3o8.jpg

Here we see she's sculpted...a toilet. In clay:
    fvfujd.jpg
    Hey, whatever works. (In case you're wondering, yes, the toilet was functional...oddly enough. :shock: :lol: )

Here Landon and Guillaume are getting all lovey-dovey during the full moon:
    xmsvg8.jpg

Here is Solara's birthday the next morning:
    20r0gtl.jpg
    They grow up so fast. :( (I don't remember why Mignon was on the table :lol: )

Here she is as a Young Adult:
    i6frlu.jpg

And here is M4M4-54M4, once again defying logic:
    ic0gfo.jpg

Fun fact: Apparently, Plumbots are at the beginning of Adult stage, if they had lifespans. Guillaume asked about her age once (apparently, with mods you can ask that of any Sim. I did it because I was curious), and she said she was a day younger than him. And his lifespan is frozen at near the beginning of Adult stage. So Plumbots are older Adults (or possibly at the very end of Young Adult stage.)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nik great update, it's like reading a Nicholas Sparks novel. :lol: I can't wait to see what happens next with your sims. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @wickichick I need you if you would do so being such a sweetheart reset the privacy settings on your page again. I need to redownload that beautiful house you made that Shrek and Fiona were living in, but upon going to your page says privacy settings will not allow access or something like that. I can't access anything. So if you would be a dear I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited March 2014
    2v8n6vn.jpg

After Vladimir had his accident, Rafael had worked with a teenager, named Cyrus Best. They had talked in a first name basis though he later felt that was a mistake. If the connotations of his last name weren't more annoying than his first name, he'd have switched back to using more formal and less friendly Mr. Best. Somehow, despite his many attempts to escape the topic, they'd been talking about Cyrus' date, or rather, Cyrus was talking about it and Rafael was attempting to silently wait for their contact to arrive, and finally Cyrus had proudly said,"Why buy the cow if the milk is free, right man?" And laughed.

It had been the first time he'd heard that expression, so he thought Cyrus was really talking about cows. Cyrus had not shown any previous interest in cows. Rafael only knew a little bit about cows, but this seemed a pretty obvious answer.

"Vhat kyind of fool depyends on allvays havink free myilk?" He'd replied irritably, he'd had a bit thicker accent back then, as he'd been able to speak Russian with Vladimir. "If you gyet frrree myilk once, and its not pyoisoned, you'rrre forrrtunyate." It was a strange idiom to learn. Still, had he known that Cyrus was talking about women, he wasn't sure he'd change his answer, though he'd add that it was not a good idea to refer to women as cows.

Now he was drinking 'free coffee' and waiting for the most forward woman he'd met (Discounting the one who he'd never actually met, but had kissed him none the less) to get back to tempt him some more. Not particularly a good idea, but he supposed he might be hoping she'd tell him something useful, and he might have been less inclined to stay, but he'd had all that time wandering around the empty studio to realize what a very bad idea not having anyone around to distract him could turn out to be. Also, he'd painted himself out of the house...which now didn't seem like such a great idea. He supposed he'd try a little harder to be friendly, though he had no intention of any sort of act of affection- just conversation, and if she wouldn't cooperate with that, he'd find something else to do with the hours he needed to kill.

25ujnnn.jpg

Deedee: "Miss me?"

8yb50n.jpg

Rafael: "I vasn't shootink."

vgiwrk.jpg

Deedee: "Did you get that from a spy movie?"

15zibd.jpg

Rafael: "I don't vatch them. Spies vould not have accents, or they'd myake ineffyectif spies."

Deedee: "But you have an accent?"

Rafael: "I had no intyention of evyerr leavink Russia, I didn't evyen know English until aftyerr I got herre." This was harmless enough information. "But you byetterr not sharre any govyerrnment secrrets vith me, just in case. You know, because I'm surre evyerryone here is just vaitink to talk about govyerrnment secrrets to just anyone valkink arround. I'm surre you'rre safe to tell me how zhe coffee is frree-unless it vill in some vay endyanger national securrity."

2rdjh9x.jpg

Deedee: "No, fortunately free coffee generally doesn't endanger our national security, just full bottles of shampoo and small children. And even then, only in airports."

Rafael: "Oh, good, I vill stay avay from them. So, if zhis place holds tventy four hour lightink, heatink and airr condyitionink to keep zhe artvork safe, plus coffee myaker, coffee, juivce barr, and zhe heatink of the kilns for glassvorrk, vhere is it myakink up the diffyerence...charrity avctions? Paid classes?"

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited March 2014
    Zabeth: I had a bit of a giggle when you mentioned you were sorry if you are
    hard to follow...personally, I don't.(find you hard to follow.)
    I also don't like to check for spelling
    if I am writing for the fun of it and I always know what I ment to say. I
    suppose there is always a window of opportunity that anyone's ideas could be
    misconstrued by another. That is the beauty of our being here discussing the
    story with the person responsible for writing it....we can't with books unless
    you like to e-mail the author...LOL, I never have.

and-it-is-on: LOL, oh isn't that so true? If I ended up having the things crawling
    up my hand that EA presents in World Adventures....my adventures would stop.
    I have no stamina for icky things....ewwwww. I have to admit that the part
    involving the bubonic plauge is sad but also reflects my interest for that
    part of history. It was the greatest sadness.
    I enjoy your stories and primarily the way you present your sim families in pictures
    and portraits...I know it is because I feel connected to your characters.

ZaBeth0: I like your ramblings. I agree on the way women are portrayed. Women have
    a lot to live up too in terms of appearance and men enjoy this. Good bad or
    indefferent I doubt that this will change much in the American soceity.

TadOlson: It looks like life for the Ivanovitch's is a struggle between their
    garden which they use for income and the influence of weather as it is with
    farmers. It is sun up to sun down most days.

Dreamerz: You know that was an accident...I didn't notice the shoes until it was
    too late and then it was like...oh man...I would have had to send her home to change
    and I didn't want to so I just went with it.

Zabeth0: It was a lovely morning yesterday and I did really enjoy it. There is
    something to be said about treating yourself on rare occassions and enjoying
    the day. LOL, yep that pic of Mattie sticking her arm through the lampshade was
    funny...but darn it I wanted that picture for my story...LOL, I was ok without it.
    It did serve it's purpose...funny!
    I think opposites attract at first because we all like to be exposed to new things
    but if those new things become boring then so does the person become who does them.
    Those relationships seldom fare well.

Dreamerz: I agree...trying to comment on everything that gets posted can become
    overwhelming and very time consuming. No-one should feel like the have to because
    it takes away all the fun and become a chore.

MayaRose1138: I consider your remarks regarding the Shrek story to be a perfect
    comment..that is obviouly what interests you and so that is where you should base
    your response to. That is a lot of kids Hal ended up with.
    Acually the only way you are going to end up with the lost twin is to recreate one
    in cas or clone him through science.

TristanandPiper: Moonlight Falls is exactly right. I cheat and build whatever type
    house I am in the mood for...it makes the game more fun for me...that being said,
    I would build a home you want rather than restricting yourself to what you can
    afford...we get enough of that in RL.

and-it-is-on: I absolutely love that hanging chair...it looks lacy and girly along
    with comfortable. Bianca did have a lovely view. Very earthly and colorful.
    The maid is still at it...funny girl. Dante and Bianca appear to be enjoying the
    fall season...in the um, leaves.
    The family photo is so good. I think it is special that Bianca is tenderly kissing
    Dante's cheek...those two look almost oblivious of the kids standing around them.
    So romantic those two.

Colorist: Beth and Matthew are coming now acually. While still in France, Adam
    tells Mattie about a bit of history surrounding his museum and how he is certain
    the death of Mattie's grand-father was no accident.
    However, Mattie remembers that her mother told her how Emmitt offered to tell her
    what happened to her grandpa and Beth never went back to inquire. Mattie has a
    problem trying to figure out why, but Adam thinks he knows.
    The era of the bubonic plauge is such an interesting history. Many families felt like
    you do...they wanted a proper burial. There were many religions who believed that a
    burned body had no way to ascend to heaven. So, there were a few bodies that were
    smuggled away from the infirmary and many who kept it secret if they were tending to
    stricken loved ones at home. The history is very interesting and also very sad.
    If it were possible to do what Mattie was doing...which acually seeing the families
    who came to the tomb to bury the bodies of their loved ones then it would make the
    experience that much sadder.
    What I liked about this particular scene was that Mattie was drawn to the note hidden
    in the Gargoyle and not the artifacts Adam had Ivy lay about the tomb. This I gave more
    detail to in the manuscript for this story. Mattie will be a different explorer than
    Adam is and it perplexes but also fascinates him.
    When I read your take on my story it is a lot of fun...thanks so much, you are such an
    insightful person.

Celiria: I think the story you are presenting has so many angles it is perfect for
    discussing. There are going to be many viewpoints and that is what makes for a good
    topic. I could see this story getting hours of discussing from the right people. I
    happen to like doing that and it has to be the 'right" people because we all know
    there are some who just read the story word for word and have no opinon.
    I am aware that there is this concept that no matter how you were raised you reach
    an age where you choose to change the legacy. Choices are your life map. Some people
    can. Most people can't. In this story, Kyrie feels a true sense of guilt and she
    struggles with it twofold. I think at the moment her greatest issue is not so much
    what she did but how it affected her. I agree she can't blame her father. She should
    make him responsible. There is a difference in the mentality of blame and responsibility.
    Again, this story is very contriversial and it is fun to discuss and what makes it
    more fun is the differing opinions.
  • Options
    TristanandPiperTristanandPiper Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2014
    Red: Hey, whatever floats her goat... or plumbing, idk.

Zab: Is your one person Russian?

Colorist: I see a Love triangle coming on here :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi!

Another update for you all.

Screenshot-4286a_zpsfd68bf0e.jpg

It was Sunday morning, and Veronica had planned a date with her new beau, Chaz Kasrin. They planned a hot air balloon ride to a local park. Should be a fun afternoon!

Screenshot-4163a_zps96d0a1e4.jpg

Meanwhile, Zhiang decided he need to let off a little steam, so he went back to the group science project for a little self-therapy. It didn't help too much, but it did take his mind off of things for a while.

Screenshot-4223a_zps4fc07ddb.jpg

Veronica and Chaz had a picnic in the park. Once they were done, they decided to do some sightseeing in the balloon.

Screenshot-4224a_zpsc3b38515.jpg

They ascended up high into the sky. Well, as high as that hot air balloon will allow. They had an incredible view of the lake and the surrounding hills. It was quite romantic!

Screenshot-4246a_zps158d9d36.jpg

They took in the sights, watching birds fly about, small critters scampering to find food, and the occasional human experiencing a lovely day outdoors.

Screenshot-4249a_zpsfd6d4c91.jpg

Veronica was more interested in what was inside the basket than out.

Screenshot-4252a_zpsd95beb73.jpg

Suddenly, Veronica had a bright idea! Let's have some champagne!

Screenshot-4273a_zpsfe274959.jpg

She poured each of them a glass.

Screenshot-4277a_zpsb15c4943.jpg

Veronica: Let's have a toast to our new relationship! She was as giddy as a young school girl. Was it the bubbles or the excitement of a new love? She didn't much care either way. Being in an adult relationship was new to her, but she liked it.

Screenshot-4229a_zpsc06a29cc.jpg

Was it the intoxication of new love, the champagne, or just the altitude. Veronica decided t o take their relationship to the next level.

Screenshot-4234a_zps957ee490.jpg

It started with a kiss . . .

Screenshot-4236a_zpsf088771b.jpg

. . . and soon they were beneath the blanket, experiencing her first woohoo.

Screenshot-4238a_zps55cf42a1.jpg

It was so exciting! She experienced sheer bliss. It was wonderful! The thrill of the moment was so exciting, would she ever come back down to earth? Would she even want to do so? She was totally happy, the happiest she'd ever been in her life!

Screenshot-4286a_zpsfd68bf0e.jpg

And once the sun started to set and evening approached, the lovebirds returned back to campus. They kissed once again, then each went their separate ways. Classes would resume tomorrow.

Best Regards,
    Nik
  • Options
    TristanandPiperTristanandPiper Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2014
    (sorry for the double post)
    Anyone have a challenge for me? Or maybe even a twist to put into my game?
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2014
    :)
    Hi my dear friends. Sorry I've been here the past couple of days. Just been really sick and stuff. But hopefully I'm feeling better now.

I'm going to comment when I feel better and can comphrinde the stories.

:)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Nik: Great update
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Colorist: Beth and Matthew are coming now acually. While still in France, Adam
    tells Mattie about a bit of history surrounding his museum and how he is certain
    the death of Mattie's grand-father was no accident.
    However, Mattie remembers that her mother told her how Emmitt offered to tell her
    what happened to her grandpa and Beth never went back to inquire. Mattie has a
    problem trying to figure out why, but Adam thinks he knows.
    The era of the bubonic plauge is such an interesting history. Many families felt like
    you do...they wanted a proper burial. There were many religions who believed that a
    burned body had no way to ascend to heaven. So, there were a few bodies that were
    smuggled away from the infirmary and many who kept it secret if they were tending to
    stricken loved ones at home. The history is very interesting and also very sad.
    If it were possible to do what Mattie was doing...which acually seeing the families
    who came to the tomb to bury the bodies of their loved ones then it would make the
    experience that much sadder.
    What I liked about this particular scene was that Mattie was drawn to the note hidden
    in the Gargoyle and not the artifacts Adam had Ivy lay about the tomb. This I gave more
    detail to in the manuscript for this story. Mattie will be a different explorer than
    Adam is and it perplexes but also fascinates him.
    When I read your take on my story it is a lot of fun...thanks so much, you are such an
    insightful person.

Well I imagine I am not as insightful as you. Man you had Shrek and Fiona pegged pretty good shortly into the story.

You know I always am in a quandary, because I really love all stories and am amazingly pretty much able to keep all the characters straight, but sometimes I find myself wondering if I am misreading people's stories. I mean like in your story, sometimes I wonder by commenting if I am missing something or misinterpreting something etc. That is the danger when you put yourself into the comments so to speak. I always worry about offending someone if I don't get what they wanted to portray or missed something so obvious it would be considered like running full on into a brick wall and not even knowing it lol.

Still nobody has complained, and I do appreciate those who respond back as I can reassess things if necessary. I am glad when I do miss something you point it out, but honestly if I ever get something wrong or go way out in left field please feel free to correct me lol.

I am sure you know what I mean, but here is an example in my Shrek story and I am sure that people are missing something is due to my lack of writing it properly. The thing that I noticed people haven't caught on to yet, is that Fiona's mothers lack of love wasn't entirely due to her being hideous. I will be talking about it later in story, but I felt if I had brought it out better people would have seen it by now. It doesn't bother me, just a way to point out what I am trying to say regarding my commenting on others stories.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited March 2014
    hamburgerfaye: Mykale is a complicated male vampire. It appears he is going
    to listen to Mere. It can't meld well in his mind that a witch has the ability
    to overcome him.
    I liked that you used a bit of folklore in this part of the story explaining
    the difference between witches who used their abilities to help others and
    those who dug into the occult and used it to suit their own needs.
    What is interesting to me here is that while we may forget this, there was an
    era where witches were believed to honestly exist. There was definitely a fine
    line between the psychie and the use of black magic. Those who were easily
    influenced by suggestions were good examplies of how this can work.
    I wonder how Mandy will recieve the news of the baby coming. She seems like a
    very sensitive woman, but her bond with Mere may pull her through whatever
    conflicts she may suffer because of this.
    LOL, Mykale thinks it is best if Mere tells her. Well, maybe it is.

GBA911: I hope you enjoy your new challenge. It does sound interesting.

Nik: Oh thanks so much. Four hours? oh wow. I acually spent the better part of
    yesterday trying to get caught up. I like reading what everyone has presented
    however it is time consuming and there are times I really can't do it. I have
    a fairly large pile of laundry that has to be done...not my favorite thing to do.
    I'd rather be doing this...lol!
    I would put that woodfire oven outside but then in the fall and winter they
    can't use it...I am so silly that when it is cold out they can't be sitting
    outside (or cooking)...I take the outdoor furniture and store it inside till
    spring.
    you know as I was enjoying Mattie and Adam ramble around in the tombs, I was
    so engrossed with ideas in how Mattie's personality was going to play out and
    how that would affect Adam...it was fun.
    Is this your day off? I hope you are getting to enjoy it.
    Oh no, well this is frustrating. Veronica can't just say what is really on her
    mind. No girl could. It still has to be the guy's idea, even if she nudges him
    just a bit.
    I think this is where the cultural differences would be so tough.
    oh man, ya just wanna take a club and hit Zhiang over the head...hey, you!
    Yes she is disappointed in your response. See? He has that guy intuition and he
    should...I say should but he won't...follow it and go find her. Tell her, you
    silly man before it is too late. .....he isn't going to is he? It is logical
    that studies must come first...this however isn't logical to say at this time.
    It is kinda insulting Zhiang...why? Stick to the subject and figure it out.
    oh and really...did he just say, "I might be most fortunate to find a suitable
    bride here at sim's university?" He did. Oh my.
    Veronica would be good at doing presentations. She is so pretty and intelligent,
    too.
    Naturally Zhiang would enjoy riding bike all over campus...it's in his blood to
    be physically active. Those chinese are smart like that.
    Oh dear, looks like Chaz is cashing in while Zhiang is concentrating on his..
    studies.
    That Chaz fellow is a smart cookie...and Zhiang he is gonna grab the prize if
    ya don't smart'en up. *grabs megaphone* Zhiang wake up! Hellllooooooo?
    Oh ma'gosh yes...Zhiang you should be worried...yes, yes, yes!
    She is a western girl...so yes, she can have feelings for you while kissing
    the guy who is paying her attention while you...study. It happens.
    Oh well, at least he is going somewhere to think. At this point the only hope
    left is if some wise ancester pops outta the sad and says something wise.
    Oh man, you don't have to find someone new...just go tell the girl what is in
    that heart of yours...ya know, the heart that is breaking right now? That one.
    oh goodness, Chaz is a rugged man who knows how to go after what he wants and
    the guy is wearing cologne, sitting close to a raging fire scented with cinnamon.
    When you are with a man who you have recently met, his cologne can speak volumes.
    I would say all the elements are present for some pretty good romance here.
    Oh Zhiang, I guess I know the emotions you are experiencing here..but all that
    business of how you are gonna be the stronger man and give up is utter nonsense.
    It is true, a summer night's fire would certainly do little to comfort a heart
    in the moment it is breaking. So sad.
    Veronica opened the door and Zhiang couldn't see it for the confusion of his own
    mind...I guess here is where with time comes wisdom. Sometimes it is too late.
    Looks like Veronica and her handsome cowboy have made a connection.
    This was a good update...I am silly but I love it when boy meets girl, boy loses girl
    and boy catches girl...with this being said, there can be no denial the cowboy is
    attractive. I guess we have to see what happens next.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top