Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share

Comments

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited March 2014
    Today I picked up the new set and I haven't really played with it too
    much. I will say I love the flowers that came with it.
    Screenshot-2-12.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Katiardguez and wickichick :D

I hadn't heard of him until yesterday as I have never watched Lost but when a friend in FB showed me a pic of him I thought he looked mighty fine and when we got to talking I decided that I should make a sim of him. I have done a little more work on his face now. I widened his head, changed his eye colour slightly and worked on his jaw and chin. I will leave it to the girl I made him for to give him hair as I quite like him like this for my game.
    fm41s3.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    Zabeth0 Thanks for the comment.It's not winter yet in Oak Leaf so the white stuff is just heavy frost covering the ground.
    neccyville Hi there!I've play mostly TS2 and TS3 though Sims 3 is only playable with Mods.
    wickichick Great update!
    Colorist40 Hi there! I'd back up my Electronic Arts folder if I thought I might have to reinstall the game so I wouldn't lose anything.The least you should do is back up your Sims 3 folder before patching in case you had to reinstall and roll back.
    GBA91101Nver4get Thanks for the comment.Great written update!
    Baker9793 Great updates!
    Puddinroy Thanks for the comments.
    Mikezumi Great picture!
    Katiardguez Thanks for the comment.
    I'll have to post my update a bit later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited March 2014
    As soon as Ana get up from bed and open her sleepy eyes she went to the second floor and started watching Peridot.
    Screenshot-3_zps35a008ba.jpg
    After that she had a nice chat in the living room with Marcia before getting ready to work.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot_zps579a79a2.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    After Amber got off from work early and not having nothing plan for the afternoon she decided to go fishing.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-2_zps7c0814b1.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    She is just a beginner but she was able to caught a nice fish.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-3_zps07e9b005.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    In the late afternoon Amber and Castor finally had officially their first date. They both decided to have a lovely dinner at one of the nicest restaurant in town.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-4_zpsffca8d5e.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    After finishing the dinner and being outside the restaurant Amber couldn't help her feeling of wanting to stroke Castor cheeks.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-5_zps4236bb90.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    What is Cherry Kincaid doing outside the restaurant? is she really hungry or wanting to spy on her brother first date with Amber? hmm I guess we will never know.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-6_zpsaa7ea530.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]
    Amber and Castor first date ended by them watching the stars and the moon together.
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Katiardguez1983/The Sims 3 Game Legacy/Screenshot-7_zps7fdfa25a.jpg"width=600" "height=250"[/IMG]

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited March 2014
    2w67vnq.jpg

Jake: "I don't think you'll be able to follow me on this if I don't explain at least some bit of what an aura is. You've heard of auras from fortune tellers and tv shows and of course, that's not exactly right, but it is entertaining.

So let's try to make this easy. Everyone exists in a pool of magic that surrounds them on all sides. Even the least magical person is saturated with it. The aura isn't really a projection from the living or shall I say, existing creature or thing, but the eddies of magic around them like water around a rock breaking its surface. The Aura is unique, like a fingerprint or a tree ring, expressing the entire reality of the thing or being it represents, but not just expressing, magically controlling. Now, for simplicity sake, let me just talk about something that is alive, even though everything sufficiently real has an aura, the auras are different depending on what kind of thing it is. If we are talking about a parrot, it's got a different type of aura than a human does, or a cat or a fox. A parrot might live about the same number of years, but a particular parrot might die from a lung disease, and that parrots aura will be different than those of the parrot that will die of old age.

All the things that have ever happened or will happen to that parrot are in his aura, for those who can see it. I'm going to try to talk about seeing magic but it's only an analogy because how can you explain smell to someone who has never had a sense of smell, or hearing to someone who has never been able to hear? This is another sense, one that you don't have, so I'm using sight as an analogy, even though these witches were far away and I couldn't possibly see them, I could sense them connected to me through magic while I was trying to cast a spell. There were three of them, joined together, and they were trying to change my aura, and I'd almost let them."

2mfb5n4.jpg

Jake: "Now, just so you know, this was the first time I'd ever run into three evil witches joining forces without killing each other. I had not been worried because I'd been too big for any one of them to take on, and they'd left me alone for a while. Then, after trying to read their auras, and realizing they weren't actually three evil witches of nearly the same power banding together to try to take me, it was one evil witch with two masks.

Masks are witches who have been deprived of the majority of their personality, the majority but not all. Their memories are in there, pretty much like white noise so that the master can cast spells using everything left of them to hide him. They are little better than magical batteries who can be ordered around, they are as docile as cows but only obey their master witch, and only he can draw on their magic. The enchantment is not permanent, and their personalities are waiting to spring back to life when the master witch dies or the spell is broken. So I broke the spell on both of them, and broke connection between all three of them. Then, I left them alone."

2rrmd6b.jpg

Jake: "Next, I retook the energy of the spell I'd been working on. Then I cast a protective enchantment over the whole graveyard just to be certain, now that I knew they hadn't stopped trying. I still don't know who they were, because I just didn't have time to figure it out."

euhg5u.jpg

Jake: "By the time I got everything sorted out and popped back around from the fence Enriqueta Bachelor's ghost had jumped into the bench closest to me, and was playing with it like a rattle."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wickichick
    I just had a quick look at the store to see the new set you mentioned. I rarely look in the store these days because I don't intend to patch in the foreseeable future so I may not even be able to spend the simpoints I currently hold. I must say this is something that would interest me as I love my sims gardening and harvesting new fruits sounds exciting!

Katiardguez
    Such cute sims! Congrats on Amber and Castor's first date :D

Zabeth0
    Jake is an intense looking sim - love it! Had a quick read and you have quite the imagination. Loved your the way you described auras :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    GBA: Lol, just a little Stepford Wife-ish. Though he's probably mourning pretty hard and wouldn't be comfortable letting any one else in, after all. That's a good question, and unfortunately I don't know the answer, as I don't tend to buy homes in different places often, just visit, so I've never tried it.

Colorist: Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! Well, I'm glad you do still have your Hulin and Shrek saves. When I was waiting for Karma to deal with Ansom, I was really talking about in the story... it's a shame you'd just kinda got that one set up. Do you still have all your screenshots? Will you at least have an easier time with the screenshots, or are you going to take this as a redesign opportunity?

Puddingroy: Sorry to hear you've been sick, it's nice to see screenshots, and I've kinda been wanting to see them (with the little werewolf daughter and the new baby, I've been kinda curious how the family looks now) but don't hurt yourself, you've gotta rest up, and get better and post when it's fun to do it, and not when it's a pain. :D (We play this game for fun!) :D

Baker: That's very caring of Jesse, taking an active interest in Aurora's schooling, and demonstrating it by offering to help her with schoolwork (showing her that it's worth his attention and time to help her succeed). Strange place to do it, on the kitchen floor taking cover behind a counter, but sims will be sims! :D Wow, apparently Jesse impressed how important the written word is to her, trying to write a book already! :D Wow, they grow up so fast, well, hopefully teenage Aurora will help the adults keep the toddlers from ruling the house! :D

Wow, that's a pretty impressive Grimmy pic there. Ouch, is the headstone not under the mausoleum under 'manage the dead'? That's the only place I know to check.

I have a folder for screenshots (It's under Documents/ElectronicArts/TheSims3 among all those folders there is a screenshot one) and I section my screenshots off from there, I've got like ten folders of Jake Screenshots or so...and several of Rafael, and then some assorted others. Though I don't usually use the uploader, I think people can upload them to the website instead of say, to tinypic or other hosting sites, though I don't know how that works. (I use tinypic because I can download a bunch at the message board setting and they stay in order, even though the order is kinda backwards, also photobucket randomly doesn't like a pic here and there and that drives me crazy, and I have no idea how to fix it). Anyway, I'm sure someone here will know. :D

Mikezumi: I'm sorry I can't be helpful with the guy, as I've never heard of him, but I don't watch a lot of tv. I can say he's handsome, but I know that's not helpful to the point. :D

Thanks. :D Do you know how hard it is to get an excitable, childish, overjoyed sim to look intense? :D lol Thank you for reading the great text mountain. :D

Katiardguez: Lol, mmm Sushi...or roasted fish! Er, or a pet in a shrinking fishbowl of course. :D Oh, sweet date. (I have wanted to see Castor and his twin, but I was hoping to see more of them as the kids "crazy" uncles in the other game, but I'm glad LunBeauty got to share her sims, it's fun to see how different sims are in 'alternate realities') Oh, Cherry looks so innocent there, doesn't she? Playing innocent! :D

Wickichick: Wow, I didn't even realize there was a new set until you posted that. :D I guess I forgot to check. I'm glad you posted that. :D (I've been hoping they'd give us more harvestables...mmm strawberries :D) Hmm, I wonder if some of my sims are going to get new favorites. :D
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2014
    Happy Saturday all. I have an update!

:)

Screenshot-53.jpg

Happy Birthday Melody

Screenshot-54.jpg

Mom and Melody

Screenshot-55.jpg

Party! Party!

Screenshot-56.jpg

Tyler having breakfast before school.

Screenshot-57.jpg

What a sweetie! ZZZZ

Screenshot-58.jpg

Melody and Peaches

Screenshot-59.jpg

Whoop! :)

Screenshot-60.jpg

Ann sure loves kids.

Screenshot-61.jpg

Happy Birthday Melody

Screenshot-62.jpg

Yay!

Screenshot-63.jpg

My gosh! What fun it is to have a werewolf. Scarf, scarf!

Screenshot-64.jpg

Field trip

Screenshot-65.jpg

Say hello to Chance

Screenshot-67.jpg

Happy Birthday Chance

Screenshot-68.jpg

He's so cute. Pinches cheeks.

Screenshot-69.jpg

Aw. He has the same hair and wings as daddy.

Screenshot-70.jpg

Tyler and Chance

Screenshot-71.jpg

Fit, fit! It won't go in the hole!

Screenshot-72.jpg

Happy Birthday Melody

Screenshot-73.jpg

Funny

Screenshot-74.jpg

Yummy, yummy

Screenshot-75.jpg

Romantic time

Screenshot-76.jpg

Happy Birthday Chance

Screenshot-77.jpg

Adorable

Screenshot-78.jpg

Happy Birthday Tyler

:) Smile!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Puddingroy: Lol, wow, you got right on that for me! :D Thanks :D

Ah, violet-pink werewolf, that's brilliant and stereotype shattering :D Wolfin' down the food. :D

Lol, Tyler is trying to blend into the couch, isn't he? Funny fairy pranks for teens (sneak up on the toddler looking like the couch and then pounce and hug!). :D

Chance is cute :D And he's kept his resemblence to dad, bowl cut and all :D

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    2a8jhq9.jpg

Rafael stepped into an empty room. Puzzling. That was a laptop computer, at a desk. Shouldn't there be someone sitting there?

2mqvjhd.jpg

Did he come in the wrong entrance? Rafael looked around and found two sets of black double doors on either side of where he was standing now, and behind the desk, which he felt strongly there should be a person behind, even though there wasn't, two stairways rose and went their separate ways.

34h72f5.jpg

Ok, it was a new place, perhaps they hadn't hired someone yet, or they'd hired someone untrained for the job that had wandered off for some inexplicable reason. He decided to go looking around. They had put it in the paper, they obviously wanted people to show up...he might have gone to the wrong door, though?

107vod5.jpg

This was clearly an area set up for a still life, they probably held art classes in here, or would soon do so, or perhaps they'd rent the space. He was quite tempted to set up a canvas and start working before anyone came in and told him he couldn't. Could he paint fast enough? A quick gestural study, perhaps? But he didn't dare. He would behave himself perfectly, this was art, this was what he lived for.

24dnede.jpg

He felt conflicted as he continued to wander into empty rooms. He was beginning to feel as though he'd misunderstood the hours. It had been listed as 24 hours a day, (could it have been a typo?) and it had mentioned an 'art scene', and that had implied more than one artist. At this point, he just wanted to find one. Just one person to confirm that this place was, in fact, open.

208fwd1.jpg

It was starting to really dawn on him that he was quite used to large cities. He'd spent most of his young life stuffed into cities full of people, in classrooms full of people, in city streets bustling with people and traffic. He'd spent most of it making an effort to dodge people, to do things when there weren't going to be large crowds, to get away from the noise, to get away from the looks, to wait past theater openings until the largest crowds died down. He should be delighted to not find another soul in this place. To have it all to himself.

zipngl.jpg

He really should. So, why did he feel like he was in a horror movie? When his father had gotten a promotion, and they'd gotten a house out in the country to visit during summers, it had been a small town, but he hadn't felt frightened by it. He'd liked the retreat from people, he'd liked fishing with his brother, but even then, it had been with his family. Here there was no one. He didn't normally have to face it, there was too much to worry about to face the fact that every single one of his family members were dead. Rafael had no intention of facing it now, he'd find some people to distract himself with. Somewhere.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2014
    TadOlson: Great update!
    wickichick: I'm so glad that Mattie got to talk to someone as wise as Emmeline about her feelings for Gavon. I think that Emmeline has very good advice.

Baker9793: All of the kids are stunning and congratulations on the birthdays. :)

Mikezumi: I'm not sure who Josh Holloway is, but your sim is quite good looking. :D

wickichick: Ooh, there's a new set? I'll have to look into it. :D

Katiardguez: Castor and Amber are so cute together! :D Peridot is my birthstone by the way. :)

Zabeth0: I love the way you describe magic and auras. You're very creative! :D

Puddinroy: Nice update! :D

Zabeth0: I love Rafael's reaction to the Prism Art Studio, lol. :D

Good news, everyone! I managed to reinstall all of my packs, except Ambitions. I kept getting some kind of corruption message. So, until I figure that out, I'm going to play without it. But since I barely used Ambitions, I'm not too fussed about it. I played for about 2 hours yesterday and did not freeze once and way less lag than before. I have a few pictures, but I want to get a lot more before I post an update. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *Page 129*

@ Zabeth0: A very interesting story indeed, can't wait to read more. I liked how you described the auras. Excellent Update!

@ Mikezumi: Thanks for the comments :)

@ Zabeth0: Thank you the comments :)

@ Puddinroy: Very nice pictures, Love the skincolor of Melody. Great Update!

*Page 130*

@ Zabeth0: Nice Update!

@ LunBeauty: I must agree with you that Amber and Castor are very cute together :D. Cannot wait to read your next update, I will try to wait patiently :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Baker: What a nice way to come home from school and what a great dad
    who meets his daughter at the door and sits down to help out with
    homework.
    Jen takes a moment to spend with Jon, "urn, say urn" LOL, ok so the
    sims have different ideas on what first words should be.
    then it's time to get the kiddos tucked in.
    warm hugs in the morning and a birthday party...could life be any
    better? Oh Aurora you are a lovely teen and yes, time certainly
    goes way too fast.

Puddinroy: Thank-you!

Katiardguez: Thank-you, it will be an interesting summer, I hope!

Zumi: He looks good this way...I never got too into Lost either cuz where
    some seem to think it was a masterpiece of twists and turns I felt like it
    just changed to meet the whim of the writers...there were a few empty holes
    like in the beginning while they are still on the plane after the crash the
    co-pilot gets pulled out of the c.ockpit by some unseen but very prehistoric
    sounding monster and then you never hear or see any evidence of said monsters
    inhabiting the island. I saw where you mentioned a dimple slider over on FB
    and that would be helpful too...it's hard recreating exactness when you don't
    have all the tools to do so...this is a great effort.
    I will tell ya one thing, currently there are no new recipes with the exception
    of being able to incorporate the new barries and coco into pancakes. You can
    make some new necter.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    Pg. 123 bottom

@Nik24x7 Wow I am surprised that they stayed as long as they did at Dragon's Maw. First sign of steam and I would have been running and screaming like a baby lol.

It is always a good idea to have an awkward conversation in a neutral place. It makes things easier I think and less intense. I wonder what Jin Zhen is going to ask? Can't wait to see more.

@Samr883 I always thought crying over dead plants was a little extreme for the sims, but I guess you can get attached to anything. After all I find myself liking my pixelated people more than I should lol.

Pg. 124

@Katiardguez Love your heiress. Sure wish I looked like her. I love how their eyes look. I assume that is cc right? Can't wait to see their story.

@Dragonrose69 Wow talk about being wrapped up in your work. Nicolai how could you not know your wife was in labor while she was screaming at the top of her lungs in pain? lol Well at least he finally heard her. Good thing or she might have had him screaming in pain lol.

Aww a girl named Seraphina. I like that name.

Cornelius a boy after my own heart a reading fool lol.

Well books can be a good companion so don't feel left out Cornelius. Books are much more fun anyhow.

What boy doesn't dream of being a race car driver? Good choice on the shirt mom.

@TadOlson Glad Ami and Eli were able to have some fun. Congrats Eli on winning the hot dog eating contest.

Pg. 125

@wickichick I am so glad you are enjoying Shrek. I am having fun with them as well. I never saw Puff the Magic Dragon. Does that make me weird? I think every kid has seen it sometime in their life. Yeah in spite of being a mean Ogre, Shrek doesn't want anything bad to happen to Fiona. He had to ask as finding out him and his father's fate wasn't too pleasant he wanted to know what Fiona would face. Shrek knows his is an impossible choice. Yet being king is just something he can't do. Shrek king? lol He is not king material in his eyes, he is an ugly ogre, who just wants to live his life and be his own person.

Fiona never hid from her mother. Fiona's mother hid from her mother Branwen. Fiona never knew about her grandmother. Now sadly Branwen being dead, she will be finding out about all this through Shrek if he chooses to tell her. It will be a shock I am sure.

You always are so sweet and I really do enjoy your comments and story. I look forward to them both.

Oh wow poor Angie to find out the best friend you are missing like mad isn't coming home like you thought. How hard that must be to hear. Of course it is not so bad to hear that your friend might be starting something with a hunky guy. That a true friend can understand. Not that it is the whole reason or so Mattie pretends. I know she is more interested than she is letting on.

Wow Mattie sure is very eager to know more about the past of the vampurics even to going to people and asking for information. I guess if you are the granddaughter of Emmit, word gets around. With Mattie learning all she can about the vampurics and her family's history I wonder what path good or bad it will take her down? Good thing Annie is willing to share with Mattie.

This is getting more interesting by the update.

I am glad your extraction is over, and seems to have not caused you undue pain or stress.

@Dragonrose69 All I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: your build is awesome. I wish I could build like that. I am better at decorating on the inside, but don't have the patience to really excel at it. Sigh I hate not being able to have the ability to utilize the games full potential like you have when it comes to things like that.

If you build a fairy castle I want it lol

Pg. 126

@Zabeth0 Rafael is a suspicious person made so by his experiences in Russia. Who wouldn't be? He is always looking for an angle and a way to be safe. Having a place to hide is a necessity, a survival instinct.

I love the confusion of the American lingo to Rafael. I can see the wheels turning in his mind how do you spank something while it is new? Did it get spanked because it is new? Give it up Rafael, I was born knowing this crazy language and I still don't get that phrase lol. Other languages are hard for us to understand, but they are pretty straightforward compared to American. I tried learning French and being that everything is female or male, that was hard learning, but American is the hardest ever to learn I think. Even Brits I hear have a hard time understanding our form of English so for Rafael to be confused isn't something unexpected. We do have a mish mosh of different languages combined into our English, throw in slang and it must seem impossible for someone trying to learn it. I am glad I grew up in America learning English, because if I had to learn it now I don't think I could.

I so identify with Rafael's penchant for bad luck lol. Like him if something goes right, I get a little suspicious lol. I always say if it looks too good to be true, at least in my case believe me it is too good to be true lol.

I am glad the art scene is so far living up to his expectations.

By the way I love the art studio. It just adds to the beauty of the background. Your winter scene pics are just so amazing. And Rafael, I don't care what you say, pancakes are delicious lol lol lol.

That statue of a man holding a plumbob is awesome by the way.

@Katiardguez Anna good way to meet cute guys go around with your roommates and bug the neighbors lol. j/k That is so strange to me. Whenever I moved, I never wanted to get to know the neighbors nor them me lol.

Wow love that workout outfit Amber. Seems you know how to rock it, but all that treadmill work out is benefiting you.

Love that parrot. How colorful.

How fortunate to meet your new boss and socialize outside of work. Make a good impression now. Don't blame Ana for being tired. Socializing is hard work. Awww Faith you can't sleep your life away. Get out and enjoy while young.

Great update.

@wickichick I don't normally get attached to my sims, but in the case of my Hulin family that is so true. I almost thought the world would end when I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking I might have lost them, but nope at least in one case I did something right. I must admit though losing all my sims I had save in cas and my library although not attached did bum me out as some of them I really loved their looks and know I could never re make them.

I think Mattie although disturbed needs to realize that some things that happen in their parents lives are not for sharing with our children. I don't think it would have helped Mattie knowing what her mother went through growing up, although knowing Tristan was an evil vampire might have been something to tell her. Kids don't understand that there are painful periods in our lives that we choose not to share for their own good, or because it is too painful and doesn't help our children.

Pg. 127

@Katiardguez It is nice to be able to have some fun after a hard days work.

Be careful Amber meeting guys in a dive bar isn't always the best gene pool to pick from. Good looks aside, be careful. lol Well I can see how they got along so well, two young attractive sims, mix in alcohol and voila lol instant romance ha ha ha.

Guess Anna was afraid it might be about her. Cute update.

Pg. 128

@TadOlson Nice to see a pic of your town from the top view. It is starting to grow a little. Hooray for Eli and Ami being able to finally sleep in their house and have four walls around them.

@wickichick Hooray I am glad to see that Mattie is wanting to be with Gavon. She is making a good choice. Emmeline sure is wise. I thought that Mattie knew she could block people, but maybe not realizing that more experienced mind readers can do it without her knowing it. She will learn in time.

I know how Mattie feels believing that she doesn't have a choice, so now wanting to cross any lines not set before her. I am glad she went to Emmeline for advice. That was the right thing to do.

Emmeline is no prude that is for sure. She is right being a woman you have to go after what you want, or you may not get it. I can also understand how Mattie feels. She doesn't want to influence Gavon by pursuing him even with her powers. She is young, and never having had experience with men, it is hard to know which lines to cross. She doesn't want Gavon to like her, because she forced him or so she thinks. She wants him to like her for her. She doesn't realize that sometimes a person liking you doesn't happen without a little nudge lol.

The fear of him not liking her in that way although she doesn't really want to entertain that possibility is there as well. To be young again and go through all that pain and insecurity no thanks lol.

Pg. 129

@Baker9793 Wow Aurora already is old enough to go to school? How nice Jesse was at home to meet her.

Zac you are such a good father to take your turn with the triplets even though you work hard. Him cuddling with one is so cute.

How nice that Allie and Jesse can have a date night thanks to you two. Built in babysitters so to speak lol.

Wow throwing a pool party for your daughter and have a bunch of kids in your house is a brave thing to do lol.

I can feel the love between your sims. How special.

Oh no run everybody the triplets have an evil plan to drive everybody insane by doing whatever they want. And being too cute they can't be punished lol.

Aurora you are very pretty.

Wouldn't have noticed the toilet without you saying it, but don't bother me. My sim's toilets seem to be constantly dirty. Sometimes having quiet time at home is good enough.

Well have someone else fix the dishwasher or call a repairman. No need to put yourself through that stress lol.

It is amazing how your sims can receive a call predicting someone will die before they do isn't it?

Poor Erin Kennedy she is going to die soon, goes to the park to have some fun and has to see grim come for the dog. What a shock and a reminder her number was almost up it must have been.

How nice that Tyler could express his love to Erin before she died. That shows how important it is we let our loved ones know how we feel before it is too late. :(

How sweet Tyler wants to be close to Erin and goes to the cemetery to hang out. I don't think I would tell ghost stories in a cemetery myself, but whatever lol. Sims are quirky people.

I had made a copy of my saves folder just in case something had to be done. So glad I have them as well. If I had lost them I would have probably given up playing sims for a while as that would have totally depressed me.

@wickichick How is the new set? For 1,400 simoleans it doesn't look like it offers a lot.

I must say if it is the only set we are getting for March it seems a little bit of a disappointment. I mean the prism art studio was a few bucks more, and seemed to have more replayability so was just wondering.

@Katiardguez Peridot a perfect name. That is my birth stone, but I am not a fan of green. Oh well no biggie.

Looks like Amber is really going to throw the whole pole in the water lol. She really puts a lot behind her casts.

Way to impress taking a girl to a nice restaurant on your first date.

Ahhh young love.

I suspect she would have a had a three course meal even after eating a three course meal an hour before to watch her brother on his first date lol lol lol.

Glad they had the perfect date in spite of his sister's prying eyes lol.

@Zabeth0 Wow that is hard to wrap your head around. I can see how it would be. It is just like trying to explain something to a blind person who never saw. How would you explain the color for instance? If a person never saw red how would you express it?

Everyone has an aura hmmm wonder what mine would be? I can even imagine. Would it be all different colors, or just one?

I would hate to have the power of the witches to control and manipulate by aura's. Wow to kind of take the essence of a witch leaving them a shell of themselves and drawing power from them is truly evil.

It is a good thing Jake is a powerful witch, but a good one. He did the right thing breaking the evil witches spell on the other witches. Of course no saying those other witches won't go and do the same down the line to other witches lol.

Wow my head is still spinning.

Great update.

@Zabeth0 Yeah I know when you talked about Karma it was for Anson's but guess it came on me. Serves me right for uninstalling lol. I still have screenshots, but think since the sims will be looking some different although I will try to get Elisia and Anson as close as possible not too sure how close, they will have to start all over again, with the kids. They will still have the same names, but different looks sadly. Thanks for your sympathy. I have the worst luck and this proves it lol.

@puddingroy Love your colorful sims. Melody is a great looker. Purple is my favorite color, but pink is next.

Oh a werewolf. I love how they eat. I swear some people eat like this in real life. lol

Wow Chance I love that name. Is there a story behind that name? Like they took a chance and he came along or something or did you just pick it because you liked it?

Sorry baby a square peg won't fit into a round hole no matter what you try lol.

Ha ha the If pointing to Melody eating like a pig and laughing lol.

Your sims are soo cute. I can't wait to see if they have more kids and what they look like.

Will finish updates later. Loving them all so far.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2014
    A semi update: I decided that I got tied of waiting for my sims to die of old age so I changed the lifespan from 90 to 56 sim days. That way I can get through the generations a little faster. Now Lucy will be a YA in 5 sim days instead of 8. So the marriage to Bennett can happen sooner. :D I'm also planning on having Jack go back to the future and maybe buy a house. He hasn't been back to the future since he brought home Bennett to join his family.

An Update: Jack went to the future and bought some supplies to build chips for Olivia. Olivia now has the chips for nanny, Emotions, cook, and cleaner. I know those aren't the names of the chips but I'm bad with names (obviously lol). Lucy and Alex will be YAs in 2 sim days. Oh and while in the future Jack explore the wasteland. I also had Jack try to buy a house in OL but you can't get anything for $40,000 there. The next time I play, I'll probably have Jack change the future to Utopia. :) Also the family home is undergoing more renovations. The nursery is getting turned into a rec room and I'm still trying to figure out how I want to divide the 1 large bed room to make it into 2 smaller rooms. :) Also Jack isn't doing much with his music career, he's really into bot building. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited March 2014
    :mrgreen:

Colorist40: Thank you. Yes, it was a name I have always liked and then when they wanted another kid. I love all the kids.

Wickichick: Mattie is goregous.

TadOlson: Yay for a complete house. Great update

Zabeth0: Love Rafael

All: thank you for the comments
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    wickichick wrote:
    Zumi: He looks good this way...I never got too into Lost either cuz where some seem to think it was a masterpiece of twists and turns I felt like it just changed to meet the whim of the writers...there were a few empty holes like in the beginning while they are still on the plane after the crash the co-pilot gets pulled out of the c.ockpit by some unseen but very prehistoric sounding monster and then you never hear or see any evidence of said monsters inhabiting the island.
    I saw where you mentioned a dimple slider over on FB and that would be helpful too...it's hard recreating exactness when you don't have all the tools to do so...this is a great effort.
    I will tell ya one thing, currently there are no new recipes with the exception of being able to incorporate the new barries and coco into pancakes. You can make some new necter.
    That sounds a little disappointing about the recipes. I could have sworn I read there were new ones in the description at the store. Oh well :roll:

I gathered from what I had read about the show that it was quite disjointed and I like cohesion in shows that go many seasons as I tend to watch in one hit rather than watching on a week by week basis.

The girl I made him for is now in possession of his sim file. She has given him hair and she seems happy :D I will probably play him bald as I love that he is so manly looking compared to my usual pretty boys (who are, of course, my favourite style of boy) - a change is as good as a holiday :P I gender-swapped him to check for genetic viability and the female version is not nearly as "hard" as I would have expected. I quite like her :D
    23m20yr.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LunBeauty: Thanks :D It'll be nice to see your sims family again (In their native universe), I was loving the toddler spam. :D I'm sorry you'll be missing out on inventing, but I've missed them, so I selfishly want your game to work. ;) (Can't do anything except be a cheering section, because I've got no clue how to fix games, but you know, I'm rooting for you! :D)

Katiardguez: Thanks. :D

Colorist: That he is. :D Yeah, there are some very confusing things in English. People don't always speak according to the rule books. :D Imagine for a moment, explaining 'Abso-freaking-lutely'. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *Page 130*

@ Colorist40: Thank you for the comments :)

@ GBA91101Nver4get: Nice Update!

@ Mikezumi: Wow even as a female still gorgeous :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well on the bright side my game is running amazing lol. I forgot how smooth, fast and enjoyable sims can be lol. I don't regret reinstalling at this point.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Bonus pic for Colorist, since you love the snow:

2h6v8jo.jpg

I love the glass in this one, but I couldn't really see putting it in the story, as it would just draw out the arriving. Also, other than Rafael being a sim, there is no reason for him to be running like that.

He strikes me as one that would walk deliberately wherever unless he was being chased or something. Though I might have been impatient, sometimes I tell them to run just so I don't have to wait hours for them to get somewhere lol. :D

(Though I wish I had some help for you with the mods, I don't know anything, I can't even keep up with seven sims, so I don't play with more.)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Baker: What a shame, where Tyler wanted to spend quality time with Erin before
    her passing they end up witnessing the death of a doggie...so sad. All was not
    lost though, they had time enjoying refreshments and shared a kiss, I always
    think the death of any sim is sad, to lose a close friend where obviously there
    was emotional ties is not a good feeling, it is sad.
    Awww, you don't know where her headstone is...there is something about the
    mausoleum and managing the dead...hope someone brings that up cuz I forget
    how that acually goes...my sims never die and or those who do I don't care
    about.
    I clean out all the pics from my launcher soon as I upload them to photobucket.
    I also clean our photobucket quite often...I only have one pic I am attached to.

Katiardguez: Thank-you for your comment..no kidding, Mattie needed help and
    Emmeline is a good source...even Mattie knows her parents had a different kind
    of meeting and dating than what is the norm...so she couldn't ask her Mom.
    I thought that was a good choice, Peridot, for the new pet parrot. It's a work
    day for Ana, nice she could share a chat with Marcia before heading out to the
    daily grid. LOL, Amber gets a nice break getting off work early and heads on
    over to the local fishing hole...sims do have a lot of passion for fishing don't
    they? That dining location is really pretty...it looks very upscale.
    Cherry is spying....she can't resist. Amber looks head over heels for Castor
    and really who can blame her?
    So romantic, gazing at the stars and often at each other..this relationship has
    wedding bells written all over it.

Zabeth0: Jake really gets deep as he explains what an Aura acually is. It reminds
    me of capturing the essense. It is very interesting...like the part where he explains
    the parrot and what might be a different aura between one who lived a nautural life
    and death opposed to one that did not.
    It would be exhausting for a human to have to deal with the contanst fear of being
    stalked by those who mean to kill you...it would keep you on your toes, but too much
    stress. This night had a lot of drama as Jake tries to illustrate the difference
    between real ghosts and those out of stories. "Enriqueta jumped into the bench and
    was playing with it like a rattle" my goodness, the things that were witnessed in that
    one single night.
    Yep, there is a new set...I played with it some last night and I like the clothes
    but have read comments where other simmers didn't.

Puddinroy: It looks like it's a birthday...yum, cake. Time to yank on those party
    hats and sing happy birthday to Melody. Werewolves do love a well prepared dish
    and Melody appears to be almost gulping it whole..LOL, perhaps that is where the
    pharse "wolving it down" comes from. Welcome to the world baby Chance. Very cute.
    I think Melody had another birthday so she is a teen now.
    Chance birthdays up as well. He certainly does look like his dad.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just some pics from my Shrek update that didn't get used last time, due to slow game. Enjoy

24d2fr7.jpg

Just a knight I made for the court of Branwen.

jtxoxz.jpg

A jester for the court.

nzkgts.jpg

A fairy guy of the royal court.

20rln6g.jpg

The maid of the castle.

4slbfa.jpg

A peasant coming to petition the queen.

2e0mwqd.jpg

A fairy lady in waiting.

14mpsl.jpg

The royal hall where the king and queen hold court.

30j00si.jpg

A close up of the king.

166yp0i.jpg

A fairy peasant coming to petition the queen.

1enqmo.jpg

A better pic. of the maid.

I was going to incorporate some of these in the story, but due to the laggy game I gave up. So just thought I would post some pics I didn't use.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Colorist: Lol :D Cool. :D It's fun to do things on the side sometimes, even if it doesn't make it into the story :D (I can understand lag being a thing, after all, I started using mods because of lag- it seems to have helped some but not in the areas I was hoping for)

That Knight looks like he's had a hard day at work. I can just imagine this "One more joke about how I'm what the ladies in waiting are waiting for...and I'm going Errant on them!"

Jester: "Good Knight, are you housebroken?"

*off screen scuffling sounds involving a lot of bells jingling for some reason*

Um, yeah, :D Thanks for showing us the castle more than we could see the with story. :D Also it's fun to see some of the work you put into it that couldn't show up in the story :D (I think the castle looks pretty cool :D All marble and tapestries and such) Oh, and the king, my gosh, that king looks just lovely. :D

• Options
    edited March 2014
    *Page 130*

@ Colorist40: Im glad that your game is running amazingly smooth again :)

@ Zabeth0: Nice picture :)

@ Wickichick: Thanks for the comments :)

@ Colorist40: Very lovely pictures and your sims are very cute especially the knight just look at those lovely eyes :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top