Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

want ideas for holidays based on Disney heroines goddess roles for my Swanson Legacy?

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
I made two religions for my Swanson Story one good and one bad. In the good religion I'm using Disney heorines as the goddess. The roles for each goddess are listed below.

Alice is goddess of imagination (and is the only child goddess) Anna (with sister Elsa, is one of the goddess of Family) Ariel is the goddess of the sea (So basically shares summer w/Rapunzel) and of art. Aurora/Sleeping Beauty is Dawn and Dreams, Belle is goddess of knowledge/fall , Cinderella is the Goddess of the Hearth ((Home)), Elsa (w/ sister Anna, the other goddess of family) but also, shares goddess of winter with Snow White, Esmeralda Goddess of outcasts/disguises Jane goddess of the Jungle, Jasmine is the goddess of thieves and exotic animals)/ Merida-goddess of archery, Mulan-goddess of War (balloon/snow/mud-fight), Pocahontas goddess of the harvest and outdoors. Rapunzel goddess of health/medience as well as sharing summer w/ Ariel Snow White (goddess of winter along with Elsa) and also goddess of the night and of magic. Tina goddess of Professional Chefs, Wendy goddess of Mothers?

Now I'm trying to figure out for my Swanson Legacy ideas based on the heorines roles as goddess. Does anyone have any ideas?
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Options
    NihmoNihmo Posts: 3 New Member
    Judy Hopps, the Goddess of Easter Eggs :D (sorry, couldn't resist.)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sleeping Beauty, goddess of Serta?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sleeping Beauty, goddess of Serta?

Aurora=Sleeping Beauty.

I wanted to know what HOLIDAYS I can make based on the Disney humanoid (mostly) heroines I have. already as stated in the first post
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you add seasons you will get holidays for winter, spring, summer and fall. You can make any characters you want in game. if your asking EA to make specific holidays using Disney characters,I would think they would need permission from Disney and have to pay Disney a hefty fee.
  • Options
    If you add seasons you will get holidays for winter, spring, summer and fall. You can make any characters you want in game. if your asking EA to make specific holidays using Disney characters,I would think they would need permission from Disney and have to pay Disney a hefty fee.

@phoebebebe13 you see I have created my own two fake relgions for my Swanson story. The goddesses in the GOOD region are based on Disney heroines (but most of them were storybook characters long before Disney made movies w/ the exception of Tiana the princess of the Princess Frog which is a sort- of retelling of the Frog Prince had no name). I'm trying to figure out IDEAS for me to create holidays BASED on the heroines' roles as goddess..

so are you clear now about what I'm trying to figure out?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Ok you though me off because it sounded like you were asking EA for specific Disney character holidays
  • Options
    Why would you want holidays based on Disney characters, most of whom are not even princesses much less goddesses. And if you're making all this up, you would be the only one capable of doing it, anyway. I don't really see them as seasonal, exception being that snow/ice chick, but even then, she creates her own climate, she doesn't follow Winter around.

I'd like to help but I just don't get your concept.

Maybe if you gave each one an anniversary date of a special event (like the day Sleeping Beauty got that kiss=Love Day(?)) then you could have a different one every month of every season.
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Snow White/Elsa's holiday could be winter solstice-based, what with Snow also being goddess of the night. Some sort of Christmas expy maybe? Pocahontas gets the harvest festival, because I'm unoriginal. If I think of any others I'll be back.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Why would you want holidays based on Disney characters, most of whom are not even princesses much less goddesses. And if you're making all this up, you would be the only one capable of doing it, anyway. I don't really see them as seasonal, exception being that snow/ice chick, but even then, she creates her own climate, she doesn't follow Winter around.

I'd like to help but I just don't get your concept.

Maybe if you gave each one an anniversary date of a special event (like the day Sleeping Beauty got that kiss=Love Day(?)) then you could have a different one every month of every season.

except both Snow White and Sleeping Beauty got woken up by a kiss.

You see instead of going with traditional Religious/Western (Christmas/Easter,etc) holidays I have created my OWN religions. With the exception of Elsa (she creates her own winter as you said). So I'm trying to figure out what kind of HOLIDAYS I CAN CREATED BASED upon the Heroines GODDESSES ROLES which are all listed in the OP

Goddess roles:
    Alice is the goddess of imagination
    Anna (w/ Elsa is the 1 half of the goddesses of Family)
    Ariel-goddess of the Sea(or in this case swimming/kidde pools) and ARTS (singing, painting, drama,etc). Also part of summer along with Rapunzel
    Aurora/Sleeping Beauty-goddess of the Dawn and Dreams (due to "Once Upon a Dream")
    Belle being the knowledge goddess is also the goddess of fall (due to fall=back to school=knowledge)
    Cinderella-goddess of the Hearth.
    Elsa-another half of the goddesses of family. But also is responisble for winter but she shares winter duties w/ Snow White
    Esmeralda-goddess of OUTCASTS/Justice

Jane-Goddess of JUNGLE
    Jasmine-goddess of THIEVES/exotic pets
    Mulan-goddess of fights (stars with W)
    Pocahontas-goddess of the outdoors and harvest
    Rapunzel-goddess of Healing/summer
    Snow White-shares Winter duties with Elsa, as well as being the goddess of the night and also goddess of magic
    Tiana goddess of Professional chefs

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Snow White/Elsa's holiday could be winter solstice-based, what with Snow also being goddess of the night. Some sort of Christmas expy maybe? Pocahontas gets the harvest festival, because I'm unoriginal. If I think of any others I'll be back.

@lillibattenberg thank you finally someone gets my concept. I guess some kind of Christmas fest could also include( Anna in it as well Elsa's sister)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Look, we can only offer ideas. You're going to need to actually figure this thing out to suite the game play you're trying to achieve.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Dannydanbo the @lillibattenberg gets the concept of what I'm TRYING to do. So if you can't help don't bother posting in this thread

For instance Elsa/Snow White having some kind of winter holiday due to both being goddess of winters and the later also being night.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo the @lillibattenberg gets the concept of what I'm TRYING to do. So if you can't help don't bother posting in this thread

Well, you seem very ungrateful and I'll try never to post in any thread you create from now on. This is the thanks I get for trying to help with an odd concept that, to me, made no sense. And most of all, those Disney females are not heroines as they sat around waiting for their prince to save them. The guys deserve the holidays.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ariel/Rapunzel (and by a stretch Aurora) could have a sort of summer fest?

Pothcnats+Belle could share a Thanksgiving feast
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I could have 2 love days one in the winter time (of course) and another in the summer (a nod to a Legend in China)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

Well, you seem very ungrateful and I'll try never to post in any thread you create from now on. This is the thanks I get for trying to help with an odd concept that, to me, made no sense. And most of all, those Disney females are not heroines as they sat around waiting for their prince to save them. The guys deserve the holidays.

Actually you are the only one who seems angry and ungrateful. You come in here and rudely state how awful of an idea it is when the op was just asking for brainstorming about their sims saves. My saves will have fictional holidays too that will reflect their world state and yeah I use others to help with naming/the creative process. Maybe if you don't get it you should just stay out of it? The rest of us who do can respond.

Yeesh. Also Ariel saved the prince's life so it seems you don't know much about the actual disney stories. That would be a great holiday for a love day in summer. The goddess Ariel saving her human love.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Actually you are the only one who seems angry and ungrateful. You come in here and rudely state how awful of an idea it is when the op was just asking for brainstorming about their sims saves. My saves will have fictional holidays too that will reflect their world state and yeah I use others to help with naming/the creative process. Maybe if you don't get it you should just stay out of it? The rest of us who do can respond.

Yeesh. Also Ariel saved the prince's life so it seems you don't know much about the actual disney stories. That would be a great holiday for a love day in summer. The goddess Ariel saving her human love.

@fadingaudio some people would probably argue that Ariel did nothing at the climax of the movie. It's was the Prince who reaped off Ursula (but in my opnion that was just to payback the debt Eric owed to Ariel in the first place). Well I'm planning on having two love days the traddiotnal winter one and then the summer one since there's some Asian story (I can't remember if it was China or something else) which has a summer love story
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Another unoriginal idea: Wendy gets Mother's Day. Also, Alice might be good for either Children's Day (because she's, well, a child) or the Easter expy (white rabbits and whatnot).
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Another unoriginal idea: Wendy gets Mother's Day. Also, Alice might be good for either Children's Day (because she's, well, a child) or the Easter expy (white rabbits and whatnot).

For alice how about both? Easter+Child's Day fest.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Awesome! You could link it to spring as the youth of the year as well (also, does that make summer the moody teenage period?)
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Awesome! You could link it to spring as the youth of the year as well (also, does that make summer the moody teenage period?)

and it mean Childish trait sims can actually be childish on that day (something that other sims don't approve of the rest of us the way)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’d make a “Spring Clean” holiday based around Cinderella where sims clean. I know that is one of the traditions. Coz we don’t know what traditions are available I’m 100% fudging this.

Anna - big family meal and spending time with family’s and friends. Maybe on the last day of winter - like a farewell to the bitter winds of winter as sims prepare for the rains and flowers of spring.

Rapunzel is definitely summer based so a holiday celebrating reading, outdoor fun and playfulness in the Summer Season.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    Kamio wrote: »
    I’d make a “Spring Clean” holiday based around Cinderella where sims clean. I know that is one of the traditions. Coz we don’t know what traditions are available I’m 100% fudging this.

Anna - big family meal and spending time with family’s and friends. Maybe on the last day of winter - like a farewell to the bitter winds of winter as sims prepare for the rains and flowers of spring.

Rapunzel is definitely summer based so a holiday celebrating reading, outdoor fun and playfulness in the Summer Season.

@Kamio thanks for that idea!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    how about sometime during the summer, there's a holiday where for most of the day (until after dark) People can sleep and after dark there's some kind of Grand meal?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Ariel could perhaps have a holiday in the summer where sims go out to the pool and swim and play on the water slides. And since you mentioned her being the Goddess of arts you could perhaps mix that up with doing arty things outside. Maybe go fishing too?

It's hard to think of ideas without knowing what the specific traditions are, but you have some really great and creative ideas!
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22